• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Well, it's likely Grass-type, so yes.

Okay, okay, this might sound like it'd be really annoying after a while and it probably would, but I like to think certain Pokemon appear more often in a Horde (or maybe they ONLY appear in Hordes).

For example, Miltank and Tauros are the Pokemon world's answer to cows and bulls. And cows and bulls travel in herds. We have a lot of dog-based Pokemon, and most canines travel in packs. Therefore, it would make a lot of sense to me if we encountered lone Tauros or Houndour very rarely, while running into Hordes of them much more frequently. And then obviously for other Pokemon, the opposite could be true. Most felines in the world are solitary, so it might be rare to find a cat Pokemon in a Horde, but much more common for them to be lone Pokemon (except in the case of Litleo and Shinx, as lions live in prides).

Like I said, that sort of thing might get annoying after a while, or maybe not considering iirc Hordes give a pretty decent amount of experience (or was that just speculated?).

Okay, okay, this might sound like it'd be really annoying after a while and it probably would, but I like to think certain Pokemon appear more often in a Horde (or maybe they ONLY appear in Hordes).

For example, Miltank and Tauros are the Pokemon world's answer to cows and bulls. And cows and bulls travel in herds. We have a lot of dog-based Pokemon, and most canines travel in packs. Therefore, it would make a lot of sense to me if we encountered lone Tauros or Houndour very rarely, while running into Hordes of them much more frequently. And then obviously for other Pokemon, the opposite could be true. Most felines in the world are solitary, so it might be rare to find a cat Pokemon in a Horde, but much more common for them to be lone Pokemon (except in the case of Litleo and Shinx, as lions live in prides).

Like I said, that sort of thing might get annoying after a while, or maybe not considering iirc Hordes give a pretty decent amount of experience (or was that just speculated?).

i dont know if houndour have the pack mentality, it seems like kind of a loner pokemon. poochyena and electrike and such are certainly likely though. as well as they need llamalpaca thing.

i dont know if houndour have the pack mentality, it seems like kind of a loner pokemon. poochyena and electrike and such are certainly likely though. as well as they need llamalpaca thing.
RSE Houndour's Pokédex entry said:
Houndour hunt as a coordinated pack. They communicate with each other using a variety of cries to corner their prey. This Pokémon's remarkable teamwork is unparalleled.
I am not sure if I believe in stuff written in the Pokédex, though.

huh. learn something new every day. houndour never struck me as a 'pack' pokemon.

thanks for that.

i look forward ot seeing herds, packs, flocks, murders, flamboyances, and whatever else we call groups of animals. gunna be interesting.

huh. learn something new every day. houndour never struck me as a 'pack' pokemon.

thanks for that.

i look forward ot seeing herds, packs, flocks, murders, flamboyances, and whatever else we call groups of animals. gunna be interesting.

a hoard of furrets would be a buisness!

just so everyone knows.. a flock of flamingos is called a flamboyance (pfft haha i know, ridiculous right?) but it made sense to add because of spritzee and the possibility of becoming a flamingo :p

and a 'bloat' of hippopotas....

a cackle of poochyena
or a murmuration of starly!

ok ill stop, and leave this here: http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Pointless/AnimalGroups.html

A Baskin-Robbins of Vanilluxe?

After a while of thinking I finally realized that Talonflame isn't Fletchling's first evolved form but it is its final evolved form.

I think Talonflame is Fletchling's first and final evolved form.

RSE Houndour's Pokédex entry said:
Houndour hunt as a coordinated pack. They communicate with each other using a variety of cries to corner their prey. This Pokémon's remarkable teamwork is unparalleled.
I am not sure if I believe in stuff written in the Pokédex, though.

Kind of like how Banette is supposed to a vengeful doll but actually evolves from another Pokemon? Or Wailord being as huge as it is but only weighing like, what was it, a little over 800 lbs?

I wonder if Audino will be in the wild and if it'll appear in Hordes. Imagine THAT nice little bit of experience XD.

After a while of thinking I finally realized that Talonflame isn't Fletchling's first evolved form but it is its final evolved form.

Sure, that's definitely been speculated, but only time will tell for sure. Take that Pokedex screenshot: There are two empty spaces between Fletchling and ... whatever else the next entry is. This could mean that either Fletchling is part of a three-stage line (and the obscured sprite is the first form of something else), or Fletchling is part of a two-stage line and there's a new Pokemon (a prevo?) before that obscured sprite.

I think the more likely answer is that Fletchling has a three-stage evolutionary line because:
1 - The Pokedex shot is intended to be a glimpse of the listing as it might appear in the early game
2 - Early game meaning the the player hasn't seen many species yet (let alone fully evolved forms, like a Hariyama)
3 - Therefore, the obscured sprite is more likely to be something unevolved and found in early routes (just like Zigzagoon, Pidgey, and Fletchling).

Last edited:

I think Talonflame is Fletchling's first and final evolved form.

I can see that being the case but if you look at the tails that both of them have Fletchling has a lone white stripe while Talonflame has 3 golden stripes. So it could be possible that the middle stage has 2 stripes on it. Also the fact Talonflame is the same size as Staraptor and Unfezent along with the fact that in its description they never straightup said that it evolved directly from Fletchling is what makes it more likely.

Sure, that's definitely been speculated, but only time will tell for sure. Take that Pokedex screenshot: There are two empty spaces between Fletchling and ... whatever else the next entry is. This could mean that either Fletchling is part of a three-stage line (and the obscured sprite is the first form of something else), or Fletchling is part of a two-stage line and there's a new Pokemon (a prevo?) before that obscured sprite.

I think the more likely answer is that Fletchling has a three-stage evolutionary line because:
1 - The Pokedex shot is intended to be a glimpse of the listing as it might appear in the early game
2 - Early game meaning the the player hasn't seen many species yet (let alone fully evolved forms, like a Hariyama)
3 - Therefore, the obscured sprite is more likely to be something unevolved and found in early routes (just like Zigzagoon, Pidgey, and Fletchling).

I agree completely.

Last edited:

Kind of like how Banette is supposed to a vengeful doll but actually evolves from another Pokemon? Or Wailord being as huge as it is but only weighing like, what was it, a little over 800 lbs?

Haha, yes. Also Yamask being a human soul transformed in a Pokémon, but actually being born from a Pokémon egg.

Isn't that like really old? And if it was Talonflame it'd be right in front of Fletchling?
We've seen the image for months. However it in such high res that you can actually harbor a guess at the obscured pokemon, not to my knowledge.

I'm pretty sure that there's a Pokemon inbetween Fletchling and Talonflame. If only because the official site makes it very clear that Skiddo evolves into Gogoat ("Skiddo evolves into Gogoat"), Inkay into Malamar ("the evolved form of Inkay") and Pancham into Pangoro ("Pangoro is the evolved form of Pancham"). Whereas with Fletchling and Talonflame they only refer to Talonflame as "an evolved form of Fletchling". "An evolved form" not "the evolved form". Maybe it's me looking to deeply into it, but they don't state it to be the evolution like with Malamar and Pangoro. Sure, could be something like a split-evo, but I don't see that happening.

I feel the same way. Talonflame seems more of the final evolution in a three-stage family, not the first evolution. More like how Staraptor was with the Starly family, unlike Swellow. Which probably makes more sense, since Talonflame seems very, very powerful, again akin to Staraptor (though Braviary was very much the same way, even though it was part of a two-stage evolution). But it's hard to tell at this point, but I'm leaning more toward the final stage of a three-part family.

Anyway, I really hope we get some info on at least one Ice-type. Gen V's Ice-types were somewhat lackluster (okay, Vanilluxe was powerful, but very limited in moves), so I hope Gen VI makes better Ice-types with better moves and such. But we shall see.

tumblr_mss3c3bE1L1qfyz1jo1_500.png

Dark green area is its base stats.

Sp.Def is highest, followed by Sp.Atk, then HP. Atk, Def and Speed are all low.

This is better off here than in the Smash thread tbh.

I'm glad Sylveon didn't get stuck being defense only. Seems like it'll be a good tank and attacker.

So green is the base stats, and yellow is how much their EVs have grown (via ST, and normal EV training)?

It's pretty cool we can still figure out where the new Pokemon strengths lie, but it still has a bit of a hidden element. Very happy with Sylveon's stats.

Back
Top Bottom