• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 1 pokemon you've never had the urge to train.

- Rattata
- Pidgey
- Zubat

I did catch a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and raised it to a Butterfree with Confusion. Now it's a solid addition to my team.

I've never raised a Rattata. Not even the shiny one I caught in Crystal.

Okay taking it from the top.

Pidgey
Rattata
Weedle
Caterpie
Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Ponyta
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Goldeen
Mr mime
Krabby
Grimer
Drowzee
And last but not least
Flareon.

Hmm it might have been easier to list the pokemon I do train from gen 1 :p

The fossile pokemon. My 8. Year old brain didnt figure out were to revive them till i played through silver

Onix
Zubat
Geodude
Oddish
Electabuzz
Magmar
Ditto
Paras
Meowth
Dratini
Machop
Exeggcute
Vulpix
Voltorb
Clefairy
Kangheskan
Mr. Mime
Jigglypuff
Ponyta
Farfetch'd
Drowsee
Abra
Caterpie
Weedle
Jynx
Doduo
Goldeen
Krabby
Grimer

I trained Rattatata for a while as I caught it early but I got rid of it eventually

A lot of pokemon you can't catch till later in the game and by that time I already have my main team set up.

I have never used;

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Ekans/Arbok
Nidoran(F)/Nidorina/Nidoqueen
Paras/Parasect
Venonat/Venomoth
Meowth/Persian
Growlithe/Arcanine
Seel/Dewgong
Grimer/Muk
Drowzee/Hypno
Hitmonlee
Lickitung
Koffing/Weezing
Chansey
Tangela
Kanghaskhan
Horsea/Seadra
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Tauros
Ditto
Omanyte/Omastar
Kabuto/Kabutops

A bit embarrassing really. I think I will use some of those in future playthroughs.

The Eeveelutions. For some reason all I want to do is add them to the Pokedex. I never have any desire to actually train them.

I feel like in red and blue you get your fossil guy too late to train them. I also havent ever really wanted to train a beedrill or venomoth

I've trained all Gen I Pokemon with the exception of the ones I haven't caught yet. And Jynx.

Fairly certain I've only ever trained one out of ten of the originals. :-/

Zubat and Slowpoke, Nidoran... Pinsir... I've also caught at least a quarter of them on my SS, but didn't run through the game with any of them.

Definitely have no urge at all, always classified them as basic and boring.

Though while I have played Generation I for nearly my whole life, I do admit that there's actually quite a lot that I've never really bothered to train. I don't think I can list them all though.

Zubat does come to mind though, only because I had caught one in a Nuzlocke challenge (which I decided to not bother doing anymore) and started to train it. First time for everything I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom