• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 1 pokemon you've never had the urge to train.

Um...a lot of them? :p

Poison types, the moon stone evolutions, water types that weren't Blastoise, Spearow, Mr. Mime, Tangela, Rattata...

1blue.png

These are the ones I ddid train.

The ones I didn't train...Well...Pretty much everything else.
I did train some of them for random purposes, but the ones I didn't even look at (or bothered to even capture) are:
- Poison types
- Rock / Grnd types
- Ghost types
- Psychic types
- Bug types

I think I am not interested to train Charmander, because I am just not interested, and besides, they're not the most interesting Pokemon to me, since I am really not fond of dragons. Likewise, Dratini didn't capture my interest for the same reason. Jigglypuff just seems not-so-interesting, ever since I watched the anime, because I was convinced that Jigglypuf isn't worth having around with the exception of PokeDex-filling. Lickytung and Porygon too, and I think I can list a lot more, but for now, these are my answers.

Thanks for reading.

Almost all of them... Although I've started playing pokemon in Generation I, I didn't like many of the monsters... I've played Blue dozens of times when I was a child and my team was almost the same every single new game I've started.

But there's one that I never trained and never will train: Aerodactyl.

I've never really used Tauros and i honestly don't know much about it. It isnt bad statistically and from what i know its moveset is decent. Just never really used one or planned too.

Rock types. Have no clue why. 'Cept Kabuto.
And you will NEVER get me to train Jynx or Mr.Mime. They're creepy. And ugly. And I have Butterfree for Psychic moves.
P.S. NEVER!!!

Quite a lot of them really.

Voltorb and Electrode are good examples of Pokémon that design wise didn't appeal to me and only had a decent moveset at best in later generations, so I never bothered in their original generation. I don't often train a previous Pokémon in a generation after its debut.

From the top of my head, Drowzee, Doduo, Mr. Mime, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Onix and Staryu.

I have quite a few...

Oddish
Paras
Caterpie
Weedle
Ditto
Dratini(I love it, but it takes forever to reach Dragonite)
Onix
Machop
Grimer
Koffing
Bellsprout

Weedle (Beedrill creep the hell out of me. In fact I never bothered training any Bug types except Butterfree)
Oddish (I'll just catch a Gloom instead xP)
Ditto
Rock types

That's all I can list for now. There's a lot more though.

Jynx & the Koffing family. Just uninterested in training them, ever, just bad Pokemon IMO.

Funny but, I rarely touch psychic, fire, posion, ghost, rock, ground, and dragons. Quite a lot of pokemon I don't use...

Although the eceptions are the fosil ones, (curse my spelling) bug/posion types, and I have had the strangest urge to get an gardvoir. No clue why....

Mostly water and ice for me~~

Ditto. Never saw the point in Gen. 1 of training that little guy, even after I got my butt handed to me in Pokemon Stadium several times by it.

When Gen. 2 came around, I just traded it over and shoved it into the Day Care whenever I wanted to another Pokemon I didn't have the appropriate opposite gender of. At least then it became useful.

The Goldeen, Clefairy and Meowth families. I always considered them weak or a waste of time. There are plenty of others but I'm too lazy to post them all. :p

I tend never to raise fossils that aren't named Kabuto/Kabutops. Quite a few Ice, Grass, and Poison types are passed over too.

Never trained a Ditto, because I don't see the point, but my day-care Ditto is Lv100...

For me it would be:

- Oddish
- Vulpix
- Voltorb
- Zubat
- Exeggcute (Yet its one of my favourites from Gen I)
- Electbuzz, Jynx, and Magmar

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom