• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon doesn’t need to change drastically. Is it the same formula? Yes. But that’s what a series is. People don’t go saying kingdom hearts need to stop having you travel worlds. Or that call of duty needs to stop being about war. A series uses a formula. Should it remain unchanged? No. But traveling a region and defeating gyms and evil teams is not an issue. That’s the world of Pokémon.
Except that Generation VII got rid of gyms, so if we just go back to them, it will mean that it was pointless to do that in the first place. That's the mentality behind changes. They're supposed to be made to advance the series or prevent it from getting stale for long-time players.

Gamefreak thknks people don’t have time and maybe that’s true in Japan where they take things like school more seriously. But in reality people do have time and Pokémon ain’t a long game. There are games that take much much more time to complete and are extremely popular.

Pokémon doesn’t need to change drastically. Is it the same formula? Yes. But that’s what a series is. People don’t go saying kingdom hearts need to stop having you travel worlds. Or that call of duty needs to stop being about war. A series uses a formula. Should it remain unchanged? No. But traveling a region and defeating gyms and evil teams is not an issue. That’s the world of Pokémon.

And USUM ain’t that great of a game. Actually people have plenty complaints. Same with SM. Do they have a good story? Yes. But they have plenty of flaws as well that people find annoying. Majority here doesn’t want another USUM. They want things like platinum.

And Pokémon fans aren’t just 25+ for starters half the people on this site aren’t 25. I’m not. And Pokémon isn’t just for those that have been playing since RB. It’s for those who are young and looking for a new series to those who only got into it in XY. Fans of Pokémon are from however young you can play the games or watch te show to however old.
Actually, most of the base breaking comes from the fact that they were a Platinum scenario and not a further extension in the vain of something like BW2. Btw I really hope people like SM because with the acclaim and sales that it's gained you can bet that they'll be using it as a reference sheet for the next gen.

Actually, most of the base breaking comes from the fact that they were a Platinum scenario and not a further extension in the vain of something like BW2. Btw I really hope people like SM because with the acclaim and sales that it's gained you can bet that they'll be using it as a reference sheet for the next gen.
when you refer SM refence sheet ¿you refer NPC its part of part of game and independant you likes or dislikes you ates with potatoes because its important and its the source how story tell and advance averything? because in that case sorry i cant stand that the rest i like sm except no medals and find characters with his behavior scape my comphresion okay come in i find something curious in me even more the game put more deep personality in games makes me hate or like quickly or feel relate in someone in old games dont have any problem or x y because anyone its annoying

Except that Generation VII got rid of gyms, so if we just go back to them, it will mean that it was pointless to do that in the first place. That's the mentality behind changes. They're supposed to be made to advance the series or prevent it from getting stale for long-time players.
Dude, the point was to show the difference of the cultures that other regions have. Trials was just something Alola does.

except this isn't the first time pokemon introduced something game-exclusive then took it out.

The thing is: They can pass Trials off as Alolan Exclusive because its an island (Rememeber, they didn't have league).

In your logic, Mega's are pointless as well, since they didn't expand on it during gen 7 (Read: We got no new Mega's).

except this isn't the first time pokemon introduced something game-exclusive then took it out.
Yeah that's true (sadly). I'm not mad because something like pokemon contest were not back. There are changements that can be considered "regional" but actual improvements like customization that was not in OrAs because it didn't fit the original games (apparently people don't change clothes in Hoenn), Mega Evolutions made and abandoned. new evolutions for old pokemon --> only eevee left. Probably trials and pokeride will be deleted as well.
I mean, why do they keep doing little steps just to go back after a couple of years?

Yeah that's true (sadly). I'm not mad because something like pokemon contest were not back. There are changements that can be considered "regional" but actual improvements like customization that was not in OrAs because it didn't fit the original games (apparently people don't change clothes in Hoenn), Mega Evolutions made and abandoned. new evolutions for old pokemon --> only eevee left. Probably trials and pokeride will be deleted as well.
I mean, why do they keep doing little steps just to go back after a couple of years?
No customization in ORAS can be excused. It was a remake and they will most likely do it for all remakes. They probably won’t get rid of it in the new games.

Megas and z moves will probably remain in the background unless they tie into the new regions lore.

And trials will remain exclusive to Alola unless another regions do them. Just like musicals stayed in unova, and contests in hoenn and sinnoh. And of course the pokeathikon and bug catching contest in Johto. They were things that were in the regions, that were unique to those regions.

Pokémon hasn’t changed. They’ve just made each region unique.

Megas were relegated to postgame, they could do the same with Z moves, unless they still want to tie them to the bosses. It'd be harder to justify unless Necrozma can influence another region, or something like Necrozma.

Thing is if Gen 8 will contain Gen 4 remakes then HMs will almost certainly be back in those and possibly the main games as well
I hope that if they bring back HMs, then they change their mechanics, because now we have unlimited uses for TMs and we don't need a move that force us to have the "HMs prostitute mon" figure. In fact, they can add some key object that give us the same function as HMs(like... I don't know, some scissors for Cut, a hammer for Rock Smash...). Anyway, let the HMs mechanics die, they was so tedious.

PS: again, I'm so sorry if my vocabulary or my phrasing are wrong XD

Thing is if Gen 8 will contain Gen 4 remakes then HMs will almost certainly be back in those and possibly the main games as well

Idk about that. While t wont' be exactly the same it's clear GF doesn't want to make us use HMs anymore so they gave us Ride Pokemon in gen 7. It won't necessarily be named "Ride Pokemon" in the new gen, but I bet they have something to replace it. sort of like they renamed and changed Amie into Refresh.

Poke Ride is by far the most overrated feature ever. Why do the trainers have to use rental Pokemon in a franchise about getting to explore the world thanks to their Pokemon? And Surf, Waterfall, and even Fly are great enough to be taught to team members. If anything, they strenghten Pokemon, not cripple them. Soaring was actually amazing, but I'd rather not see Ride Pokemon ever again if they can't do it properly (i. e. with the Pokemon you own, and expanded to make any Pokemon large enough to carry the player character usable, not just a select few, and without the ugly Ride Wear and the saddles).

Last edited:
Poke Ride is by far the most overrated feature ever. Why do the trainers have use rental Pokemon in a franchise about getting to explore the world thanks to their Pokemon? And Surf, Waterfall, and even Fly are great enough to be taught to team members. If anything, they strenghten Pokemon, not cripple them. Soaring was actually amazing, but I'd rather not see Ride Pokemon evr again if they can't do it properly (i. e. with the Pokemon you own, and expanded to make any Pokemon large enough to carry the player character usable, not just a select few, and without the ugly Ride Wear and the saddles).
There's an easy way to solve this: HMs don't take a spot in the 4 moves anymore. Some pokemon should just be able to cut, surf etc. If you have one of those in your party or in the box then you can manage obstacles.

^Now that I think about it, this probably makes the most sense. Ater all, large water Pokemon like Gyarados should be able to carry their Trainers across bodies of water. The field abilities should still be restricted by the Badges/their equivalents, though. At least natural obstacles look more organic than random NPCs blocking your way.

Poke Ride is by far the most overrated feature ever. Why do the trainers have to use rental Pokemon in a franchise about getting to explore the world thanks to their Pokemon? And Surf, Waterfall, and even Fly are great enough to be taught to team members. If anything, they strenghten Pokemon, not cripple them. Soaring was actually amazing, but I'd rather not see Ride Pokemon ever again if they can't do it properly (i. e. with the Pokemon you own, and expanded to make any Pokemon large enough to carry the player character usable, not just a select few, and without the ugly Ride Wear and the saddles).
They saved me from wasting a slot on an HM slave ( which in something like DP was pretty awful) or teaching my guys moves that i didn't want them to know. In my hearts of hearts I say to hell with Hidden machines and good riddance

I'm a big fan of the idea of innate HMs/HMs that don't have to take up a move slot. Got a Pokemon that can Cut? Then it can Cut without actually having the move. Got a Pokemon that can Surf or Fly? Then they can do that without the move too. I agree that Pokeride is not perfect since it's limited to a single rental Pokemon for each action, and bringing back HMs in full force would be even worse. So I say turn all the HMs into TMs, at minimum. At least then they'd be forgettable easily. But it would be even better if they went a step further and made it so any Pokemon with the potential to use a field TM like Fly/Surf/etc. can use it in the field innately without teaching the TM (in addition, for story/sequence purposes, this ability could be limited until you have possession of the TM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom