• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a random thought: Is there any possibility that the "more simplistic" battle system is an auto-battle feature? Like for people that don't want to sit through and think about what moves they should use they can just enable the auto-battle feature where the pokemon will use either it's strongest attack or it's super-effective attack. That way people don't have to ponder or strategize and can just watch a battle with minimal input/guidance (sit back and watch the animations).
No, I think that kind of auto-battle feature would be that the Pokemon simply uses the move in its first slot.

From a worldbuilding perspective, I think Ride Pokémon make perfect sense. I mean, if Pokémon can be rented out to Trainers in certain battle facilities, then it seems only logical that some people or organizations would offer specialized Pokémon to provide non-battling services as well. I don’t think anybody has ever said that Brendan’s mom was betraying the spirit of individualism by hiring the Pokémon Moving Company to handle their stuff.

That one was a peculiarity for sure (and just... a really weird one at that, because the Ultra Desert is the only parallel world in which you can call for Ride Pokémon), although I must say that it didn’t break my immersion any more than the idea of Rosa carrying around a Bicycle in her handbag did.
I always thought the the Pager is connected to a PC of sorts which has multiple ride pokemon. And once a trainer has registered a ride pokemon, he or she can take it out anytime through the pager.

They won't announce mythical pokemon and a new game in the same day, it will overshadow it.
maybe in the same month but not in the same day...
but i think at this point it's a march reveal if it's coming this year, lugia new form in mid march and game reveal late march, like magearna and sun&moon.

They won't announce mythical pokemon and a new game in the same day, it will overshadow it.
maybe in the same month but not in the same day...
but i think at this point it's a march reveal if it's coming this year, lugia new form in mid march and game reveal late march, like magearna and sun&moon.
Doesn't chinese new year span for like a week or something?

I have a random thought: Is there any possibility that the "more simplistic" battle system is an auto-battle feature? Like for people that don't want to sit through and think about what moves they should use they can just enable the auto-battle feature where the pokemon will use either it's strongest attack or it's super-effective attack. That way people don't have to ponder or strategize and can just watch a battle with minimal input/guidance (sit back and watch the animations).
More simplistic + autobattle = grinding levels in final fantasy or grinding in another rpg because you order pokemon attack 1 pokemon but not hurt another and you make experiencie from you kill and finally you dont have any stamina or pp or something you end the battle and gather all xp

Yeah, the Chinese New Year typically lasts a couple weeks. I forgot, where did a Chinese New Year reveal rumor come from again? What was it about?

If zeraora is announced on chinese new year, Can gen 8 be announced around or during chinese new year as well?
I think that after Zeraora announcement we will have to wait at least a month. Don't forget that what happened in gen7 is different because Magearna was a gen7 pokemon. If they announce Zeraora and then soon Gen8 some people will believe that Zeraora is a gen8 pokemon. Confusion is really possible, we are the first ones to not be 100% sure of what generation Zeraora belongs to.
The best scenario imo is March for Zeraora (maybe as a Lugia scoop), than April-May for Switch titles. But Mashadow was revealed in April and apparently Lugia will be covered in March so an April reveal for Zeraora is possible too, with new games being announced in May/June with a full trailer instead of a couple of Logos. After all the first trailer for s/m came out in May and we had litterally nothing apart from games names and some screenshots before that.
OR Zeraora is a Gen 8 pokemon after all and its reveal will basically be the reveal of new games (not happening sigh!)

I think that after Zeraora announcement we will have to wait at least a month. Don't forget that what happened in gen7 is different because Magearna was a gen7 pokemon. If they announce Zeraora and then soon Gen8 some people will believe that Zeraora is a gen8 pokemon. Confusion is really possible, we are the first ones to not be 100% sure of what generation Zeraora belongs to.
The best scenario imo is March for Zeraora (maybe as a Lugia scoop), than April-May for Switch titles. But Mashadow was revealed in April and apparently Lugia will be covered in March so an April reveal for Zeraora is possible too, with new games being announced in May/June with a full trailer instead of a couple of Logos. After all the first trailer for s/m came out in May and we had litterally nothing apart from games names and some screenshots before that.
OR Zeraora is a Gen 8 pokemon after all and its reveal will basically be the reveal of new games (not happening sigh!)
They need to reveal the games now and launch they in 2018 only because Nintendo Switch needs games and Nintendo needs Pokemon(just imagine a Christmas campaign whit Pokemon and a "Nintendo Switch Pokemon Special Edition!" that's a lot of money for Nintendo).
They can also have a very short marketing for the new games, but I don't think it will be any good, and Zeraora can be a "crossgeneration" Pokemon, yeah, I know, thats very weird, but we can't read GameFreak patterns anymore...

That's the only aspect of this I don't like. Nintendo themselves seem to expect them to be finished this year, there's a lot riding on it. At that rate, they had BETTER have something good to show us, or we wait for special edition anyway, because there is nothing good that can possibly come of them FORCING it out.

No matter how you look at it, Zeroara is and will always be a Gen 7 Pokemon, since its iin the Pokedex.

Are we 100% sure the switch games are gen 8? I'm starting to get worried. Pixel par just asked on twitter how we would feel if pokemon switch was a rework of an older game
DasVergben is more reliable and said its gen 8.
I really hope its gen 8, I want new Pokémon, new features, and a new region.
I'm so tired of gen 7

Last edited:
Don't Lava's and Monster's info so far point more towards a new gen?

Yes. Again guys getting "worried" is silly. From everything we've heard it's gonna be a new region with new Pokemon. Now what I do think is possible is the new region and Pokemon may reflect many things seen in older gens (including gen 1) similar to how gen 5 did. It'll still be a new game all on its own, but draw from the rest of the series. That's my guess tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom