• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not confirming anything. Dusk Lycanroc was created as a early buy bonus for USUM.

Which is a sign of a recent and close coordination between GF and the anime. It started in 2016 and is still ongoing. I assure you that if DP were after XY&Z, Ash's Infernape with his OP Blaze would have been added into the games.

Please stay on topic. This is the Rumours and Leaks Forum not the “Should the battle system change, y/n, ugh it will ruin Pokémon etc etc” Forum :)

About this whole anime affects the games thing this happened a long time ago actually. Lugia was just created for the movie. Without Lugia we would just be getting Pokémon Gold. And yes the anime has affected the games to some extent, more recently though. Spikey eared Pichu for example. Ash Greninja. And Dusk Lycanroc

About the battle system, maybe it’s good. A lot of people play Showdown which is unofficial and Masuda likes competitive and probably wants people to play his game instead so changing things up might be a good thing

Which is a sign of a recent and close coordination between GF and the anime. It started in 2016 and is still ongoing. I assure you that if DP were after XY&Z, Ash's Infernape with his OP Blaze would have been added into the games.
Dusk Lycanroc was not created for the anime. You just want to merge the games and the anime together when that just won't work.

Alright kids, take the whole "change is good/bad" subject and it's branches ("the anime should/shouldn't be coordinated with the games", "they should/shouldn't change the battle system) over to this fancy new thread: Change in Pokemon - Good or Bad?

Please don't derail this one anymore, it's for fakes/leaks/rumors :3

I want to close this debate in this discussion thread by expliciting a pattern that RileyXY1 clearly can't see: Ash, the most prominent anime element, recently has a direct involement in the games whether you like it or not:
- First we have Ash-Greninja
- Then we have the Ash-Pikachu homage. Wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Ash-Greninja
- At last, we have Lycanroc-Dusk, which has been added to the games. The exclusive form is owned by... Ash. Coincidence? I think not.

All this happened in the last year. This is GF new twist.

I want to close this debate in this discussion thread by expliciting a pattern that RileyXY1 clearly can't see: Ash, the most prominent anime element, recently has a direct involement in the games whether you like it or not:
- First we have Ash-Greninja
- Then we have the Ash-Pikachu homage. Wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Ash-Greninja
- At last, we have Lycanroc-Dusk, which has been added to the games. The exclusive form is owned by... Ash. Coincidence? I think not.

All this happened in the last year. This is GF new twist.
Ash Pikachu was part of the anniversary celebration. Dusk Lycanroc was an early bonus for USUM that Ash got to hype up that game.

Aaaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaay...... So there supposedly being Pokemon Swutch footage in next week's possible direct is interesting......it's never been done be fore, but again since both Nintendo and Gf need people to buy Switchs it makes sense for them to advertise to a relatively larger audience this time around. In a weird way I'm kind of hoping they do show stuff. That way we can organize these rumors better and possibly see which are real and which are straight up fake.

Hmm... if there is anything about pokemon in the January direct I'm expecting it to just be the names of the two games. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce them but I'm not expecting a whole lot on them, maybe a few seconds of gameplay or a trailer and then the names.

If they announce anything in a Nintendo Direct this month, I would be perfectly fine with them showing just the official titles and the release window. Then like Sun and Moon, show gameplay and reveal the starters right before e3 to get the hype up.

While I will say it's best to be cautious about that quote, I will also say that it's not common for the people at GF to promote other aspects of the franchise. They'll retweet stuff for sure, but they typically don't get too involved with the advertising of the spin of games, anime, or TCG. Usually the only time they talk about Pokemon is when they're doing things that they're directly involved with or when they post fan art. Whether that be events they'll be at or promoting the games in general. All other times it's just day to day stuff they tweet out

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't really suggest getting into the idea of them "hyping up Pokemon in 2018" meaning they'll release a game this year. It definitely doesn't mean that at all - there's still the anime, TCG, spin-offs, and other media. They'd also still be hyping it up by announcing the game later on in summer/fall and releasing it early next year, which I definitely think is possible since it wouldn't screw over the anime due to having to reach a certain point in the series before the movies come around.

Has there really been a year since they started this whole (more-or-less) annual release schedule where they weren't "hyping up" Pokémon in some way? Even 2015 managed to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom