• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% expecting a Direct next week, judging how the last one was a while back. As for Pokemon... well XY was announced in January, but I don't think it's time to announce Pokemon Switch yet judging that Gen 7 is barely 1 year old right now. Maybe later on in the year, but eh

I wouldn't mind seeing an XY-esque reveal trailer in 2018 and then holding off most of the info until 2019. But then again, I mainly just want to know how big and open ended the region is ASAP, that's going to be what primarily determines whether or not I buy the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing an XY-esque reveal trailer in 2018 and then holding off most of the info until 2019. But then again, I mainly just want to know how big and open ended the region is ASAP, that's going to be what primarily determines whether or not I buy the game.
Funny enough that's what I was just think. If we get any form of announcement, I want it to be like X and Y's. It was the perfect balance of showing what's in store and showing the starters and legenderies to get people talking till the next info drop

Usually the gap is every 4 years. 2003, 2007, 2011,2015 so I'm confident of a game in 2018 and then a break in 2019.
I can imagine a slight delay by a month or two taking us into December or January but no longer. This fits exactly with Nintendo's financial statement (ie this is serious business stuff not promotion) to have the game out in 2018 but acknowledged it could possibly be later.

Also id be very interested if anyone had any past examples of the game director hyping other parts of the franchise. To me saying he will be hyping throughout 2018 suggests a reveal and starting promo in the first quarter (ie no later than March)

Gen 7 to me is very much the "anniversary" generation, celebrating 20 years of the franchise as a whole, game and anime.

So one of the Twitter sources says they might know the code name for the project. If they do it doesn't necessarily mean they know the name of the game(s) itself, but apparently the code name is something that also has a fan made rom hack. Time to start guessing the code name peeps!! hahaha So what do we have Insurgence, Uranium (doubtful lol) Ethereal gates....Uuuuh those are the only fan made games that I can think of hahaha Either way it's not like the code name really means much. Just an interesting thing to think about while we still lack any other real info.

I am 100% expecting a Direct next week, judging how the last one was a while back. As for Pokemon... well XY was announced in January, but I don't think it's time to announce Pokemon Switch yet judging that Gen 7 is barely 1 year old right now. Maybe later on in the year, but eh
Funny enough that's what I was just think. If we get any form of announcement, I want it to be like X and Y's. It was the perfect balance of showing what's in store and showing the starters and legenderies to get people talking till the next info drop

Since we are leaping to the switch, I believe we will have a great hype/leak season. The hype for X/Y was great and it was unhackabke at the time so secrets where being discovered way after the game came out. It was great but Sun/Moon wasn’t as good because it was already the 3rd game on the 3DS so it wasn’t as “new and exciting” (Like X/Y since it was the first 3DS game) and it was datamined fairly quickly. The leak season was pretty good though, but not as much as X/Y. Hopefully the next games are like this.

Gen 7 to me is very much the "anniversary" generation, celebrating 20 years of the franchise as a whole, game and anime.

I see it as more of a “vacation” Generation but that’s just my opinion. I was thinking because of how things where changed up and the general aesthetic of the whole game. I wonder if they are going to do anything big for the 25th anniversary of Pokemon

So one of the Twitter sources says they might know the code name for the project. If they do it doesn't necessarily mean they know the name of the game(s) itself, but apparently the code name is something that also has a fan made rom hack. Time to start guessing the code name peeps!! hahaha So what do we have Insurgence, Uranium (doubtful lol) Ethereal gates....Uuuuh those are the only fan made games that I can think of hahaha Either way it's not like the code name really means much. Just an interesting thing to think about while we still lack any other real info.
Watch the code name being Pokémon Prism and the next games being Sun 2 And Moon 2. Just kidding but imagine they actually do that. A sequel to Sun and Moon actually featuring new Alola forms and some of the stuff not included in some of the “real leaks”

Oh my lord, I'm so dumb. I was in the middle of the battle system chat thing and thought of the comparison to DW and Pokken. I was thinking what the two games have in common and that's they're pretty much arena like real time combat. And I knew that reminded me of something that actually existed and now I remember what. It's that Pokemon Generations 3D fangame.

This is pretty much how I'd think it would be. And honestly I can't see too many people complaining about this.

I certainly wouldn't complain about that battle system. In fact, I'd also love it if the overworld were a refined version of the one from the video.

The game has been taken down, so I think it's okay to discuss it here. inb4 Game Freak pull a Samus Returns

Last edited:
Is this source particularly interested in fan games, or do they just know about them in passing? Because there's a lot of fan game titles out there-if they're talking one of the lesser-known ones, it's gonna pretty hard to guess...

If it isn't one of the famous ones, then it's impossible to guess and it's not worth the effort considering the limited meaning Rainbow ended up having (at least for SM).

Last edited:
Is this source particularly interested in fan games, or do they just know about them in passing? Because there's a lot of fan game titles out there-if they're talking one of the lesser-known ones, it's gonna pretty hard to guess...

No idea for sure. I've never seen them mention any fan games before. Not until they brought up knowing about the possible code name and how it's the same as a fanmade rom hack game. Before that post they even stated they thought the name sounded like a fan made name. Minutes later they then tweeted about how they found out there actually was one.

I really liked the reveal we got for XY too, so I'm hoping that we do get something similar sometime during the 1st quarter of this year.

No idea for sure. I've never seen them mention any fan games before. Not until they brought up knowing about the possible code name and how it's the same as a fanmade rom hack game. Before that post they even stated they thought the name sounded like a fan made name. Minutes later they then tweeted about how they found out there actually was one.
So it could be anything given the sheer variety out there. There is really nothing to discuss, then.

So it could be anything given the sheer variety out there. There is really nothing to discuss, then.

Well yeah I suppose so.......just thought it was a fun little tidbit to add.......didn't think it'd get added to the first post or anything........

I certainly wouldn't complain about that battle system. In fact, I'd also love it if the overworld were a refined version of the one from the video.

Right? Actually a battle system change like this would actually be perfect. It looks fun, adaptable, captures pokemon well, as well as maintain elements of the previous. Sure it's not turn based but it does look like it requires on the fly thinking.

It doesn't look like a "simplified" version of the current system. It basically requires getting the Pokemon to run around, while still having it attack with breaks in between moves. I don't see a problem as long as the running isn't chaotic and moves can be selected without too much happening at the same time.

It should be possible to disable the real-time running if they don't want to shake up VGC.

... till the next info drop
And hopefully they don't drop too much info ahead of release. Leave more surprises for the players, sheesh! I was able to stay (mostly) media blind regarding Sun and Moon, no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom