• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean.....he's not totally wrong here.......I hate agreeing with him since he's a snob, but they did take down other directs in addition to the Pokemon one. If it was just the Pokemon one then I'd be all on board, but it kind of looks like they're just cleaning house in preparation for the coming months. I'm sure we'll get at least one more direct before e3, but I think ti's more likely to be a Fire Emblem one as they still need to give info on that and it is in fact confirmed to be coming this year without the caveat of "or later" that Pokemon has. So in a way FE has more importance than Pokemon when it comes to directs. We could get something for Pokemon as well, but I'll stick to my guns on this one and say the next we hear anything significant about the main series game will be June. Maybe we'll get a Pokemon direct the week before e3 like they did last year.

I mean.....he's not totally wrong here.......I hate agreeing with him since he's a snob, but they did take down other directs in addition to the Pokemon one. If it was just the Pokemon one then I'd be all on board, but it kind of looks like they're just cleaning house in preparation for the coming months. I'm sure we'll get at least one more direct before e3, but I think ti's more likely to be a Fire Emblem one as they still need to give info on that and it is in fact confirmed to be coming this year without the caveat of "or later" that Pokemon has. So in a way FE has more importance than Pokemon when it comes to directs. We could get something for Pokemon as well, but I'll stick to my guns on this one and say the next we hear anything significant about the main series game will be June. Maybe we'll get a Pokemon direct the week before e3 like they did last year.
Never said he was wrong. I just said I was waiting for his tweet about the direct.
There's a major factor that you are not considering. A pokemon direct after Smash announcement is basically what Nintendo needs to win the market in 2018. Not saying that Pokemon will come out in 2018 but It's either Pokemon, Metroid or Bayonetta. Fire emblem was already in count for 2018 and it's not like people will go mad discovering its release in a direct, they're all expecting it to happen.
Also nothing prevents both pokemon and fire emblem directs to happen before e3.

I don’t know much about fire emblem, so, how much coverage does Fire emblem usually get at E3?

If it gets usually gets covered in E3, they might decide to cover it in E3 and give Pokemon a direct (Becuase Pokemon usually tends to stay away from E3).

Last edited:
Never said he was wrong. I just said I was waiting for his tweet about the direct.
There's a major factor that you are not considering. A pokemon direct after Smash announcement is basically what Nintendo needs to win the market in 2018. Not saying that Pokemon will come out in 2018 but It's either Pokemon, Metroid or Bayonetta. Fire emblem was already in count for 2018 and it's not like people will go mad discovering its release in a direct, they're all expecting it to happen.
Thing is though is that we know absolutely nothing about FE and that was revealed at the presentation.

Well at first I thought our thunderclap cat is gonna be revealed.

*Sigh*

Wait continues.

I also would like to underline that the direct basically didn't announce anything to be released after summer.
We only have Smash and Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroe (who cares) with no release date. Add Fire Emblem. Then what?
Smash is the best choice to promote the online service launch so I'm convinced it will be released around September/October. So..what's for holiday season? Just Fire Emblem?
Thing is though is that we know absolutely nothing about FE and that was revealed at the presentation.
Fire emblem could be a December release announced at E3.

The thing is they don't need Pokemon if Smash is coming out this year. They've already "won" the market with that so it's not necessary for Pokemon to come out this year. Considering FE is guaranteed for this year they NEED to show it soon. So it's reveal takes precedence over Pokemon which could be pushed back to 2019. Also Metroid isn't coming out this year. If it was we'd know about it by now. It'll likely be a 2019 title. As for Bayonetta, I'd say that's the most likely candidate to come out along Smash and FE. Just because we can get a Pokemon direct and FE direct before e3 doesn't mean it's likely. FE is more important right now whether we like it or not. I'm honestly surprised they revealed Smash before FE. The way I see it the fall/holiday releases go this way. September we get Smash to launch with the online service. October we get Bayonetta, and then in November maybe FE. December is up in the air, but that could be filled by something that's less important as they'd have their big games already out by that point. Those 3 alone are big enough to give Nintendo the edge for the year so they don't need Pokemon at all. It's better to save Pokemon for 2019 and have it launch early 2019 with Metroid launching later that year. That way they can keep the momentum going into 2019. Also I'm still assuming we'll get news on the Pokemon game this year. So in addition to the other games and Pokemon news for a game coming out not many months after this year it'll still shake up to be a big year for Nintendo.

I'm not that familiar with release scheduling, as pokemon is the only thing I've ever followed the promotions for.

The thing is they don't need Pokemon if Smash is coming out this year. They've already "won" the market with that so it's not necessary for Pokemon to come out this year. Considering FE is guaranteed for this year they NEED to show it soon. So it's reveal takes precedence over Pokemon which could be pushed back to 2019. Also Metroid isn't coming out this year. If it was we'd know about it by now. It'll likely be a 2019 title. As for Bayonetta, I'd say that's the most likely candidate to come out along Smash and FE. Just because we can get a Pokemon direct and FE direct before e3 doesn't mean it's likely. FE is more important right now whether we like it or not. I'm honestly surprised they revealed Smash before FE. The way I see it the fall/holiday releases go this way. September we get Smash to launch with the online service. October we get Bayonetta, and then in November maybe FE. December is up in the air, but that could be filled by something that's less important as they'd have their big games already out by that point. Those 3 alone are big enough to give Nintendo the edge for the year so they don't need Pokemon at all. It's better to save Pokemon for 2019 and have it launch early 2019 with Metroid launching later that year. That way they can keep the momentum going into 2019. Also I'm still assuming we'll get news on the Pokemon game this year. So in addition to the other games and Pokemon news for a game coming out not many months after this year it'll still shake up to be a big year for Nintendo.
1) Smash alone will not sell 20 milions switch.
2) How many games were announced before Fire emblem despite we know of its release this year? Even smash that was not even in our best dreams in January, has its announcement trailer before Fire Emblem.
3) Best selling period for Pokemon is Holiday. This is why the last 5 years pokemon came out in October/November. They know it, they are not fans like us.
4) Not saying it's likely but saying that it's unlikely is basically the same cause neither of us had significant informations. I'm saying that it's possible cause it is.

When people mentioned Voice acting in this thread originally, I always thought that they were referring to human characters. Not the Pokemon. Nobody asked for or wanted that. Haha.

They could easily do the voice acting like they do in Monster Hunter World and BOTW. Cutscenes are fully voiced, with words on bottom, and small Cutscenes that only have them say a word or two or make a sound with the script below. Only Humans. Not Pokemon.

It certainly could happen.

Thoughts?

When people mentioned Voice acting in this thread originally, I always thought that they were referring to human characters. Not the Pokemon. Nobody asked for or wanted that. Haha.

They could easily do the voice acting like they do in Monster Hunter World and BOTW. Cutscenes are fully voiced, with words on bottom, and small Cutscenes that only have them say a word or two or make a sound with the script below. Only Humans. Not Pokemon.

It certainly could happen.

Thoughts?

Voice acting is something that I'm expecting on Pokemon Switch exactly like that. If this truly happen, I hope they will give us the choice to choose the dub we want to hear but I find that unlikely. Also, I'm sure there are going to be complaints about lip sync issues or bad VA choices for the English dub.

I honestly get that most anime watchers think that dub voice acting is nothing but an amalamgation of human sin and shouldn't be attempted, but I've been waiting for voice acting for a good while. It's just nice to put a voice to the faces you know?

2) How many games were announced before Fire emblem despite we know of its release this year? Even smash that was not even in our best dreams in January, has its announcement trailer before Fire Emblem.
3) Best selling period for Pokemon is Holiday. This is why the last 5 years pokemon came out in October/November. They know it, they are not fans like us.
4) Not saying it's likely but saying that it's unlikely is basically the same cause neither of us had significant informations. I'm saying that it's possible cause it is.

!) You're right Smash alone won't sell 20 million units. Good thing it's not he only thing coming out this year that people will care about. XP

2)
True, like I said I was surprised that Smash was announced before FE. That much leaves me confused, but the fact is that Pokemon has an open ended release period while FE doesn't. They need to get FE info out soon. Meanwhile Pokemon is not even guaranteed to be coming this year to begin with. I'm not saying it's impossible they could once again announce another big title before FE, but the fact that FE is due for a proper announcement is very telling. If it wasn't in this last direct then it's likely going to get it's own very soon. Pokemon can wait and FE really can't. Also considering they straight up said Smash is this year that automatically jumps it above Pokemon on the priority ladder given that it's now guaranteed for this year meanwhile once again Pokemon isn't.

3)
I won't totally disagree that holiday sales do wonders for gaming franchises. Games will always sell well around the holidays. The thing is that Pokemon doesn't need that necessarily. It's so popular that it could very well sell at any time of the year and still do amazing numbers. For a long time Pokemon games around the world didn't exclusively sell before the holidays and they all sold very well. One of the reasons Pokemon games in the last couple gens have been releasing in the fall is due to the worldwide launches. The rest of the world basically jumped onto Japans release schedule as they always released in the fall with few exceptions. So even if the Pokemon game releases in let's say March it'll still sell very well. Especially since over the holiday period they'll be hyping it up telling people to buy their Switch's then before the game comes out a few months later.

4)
I disagree, but I guess that goes without saying. I've said from the beginning that it's not impossible for the game to come out this year. Me saying it's unlikely doesn't change that. However straight up saying that the game is likely to come out this year is a bit presumptive. There's no wiggle room. You're basically saying it has to come out this year. Again tho we can agree to disagree.

Yeah, I still think it would consume too much memory to have recordings of all available languages. It is possible to hire a completely different voice cast just for the game, but knowing TPCI, they'd all do it from the same studio and the same cast just to save on costs. We don't need that in the games.

On your point 2 you nailed the hammer on the head: We already know FE is releasing this year, thus they do not have to cover it into a Nintendo Direct early in the year, when they can showcase NEW games like Smash and thus generate hype for it.

When Pokemon Switch was announced last year for the Switch, it instantly generated hype. Its the same with FE. Theh big titles hype themselfs up. Same will happen with Smash, now it has been announced, thus its showcasing will be limited until E3.

The other minor games need the showcase and hype more than the big ones (For example, last Direct showcased Crash Bandicoot for the Switch, and people are talking about that and Luig's Mansion, while the other minors get overwhelmed because of it).

Honestly, Nintendo does need 2 big titles next year as well, and thus with Smash and FE they don't need another big one this year. Which means Pokemon can release this year, but its more likely it releases in 2019, alongside another biggie, which can be the highly anticipated Animal Crossing (Amongst others).

2017 - Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild - console sellers for 2017
2018 - Smash and Fire Emblem - console sellers for 2018
2019 - Pokemon Switch and Animal Crossing (Or another big game) - console sellers 2019.

Last edited:
Well at first I thought our thunderclap cat is gonna be revealed.

*Sigh*

Wait continues.
That's an issue from 2014, CoroCoro hasn't leaked yet.
1520696639744.png

The Switch sold 15mill without Pokemon so it's not impossible to imagine that it could reach that goal with Smash and AC.
Moreover we're forgetting a few titles to take into account
Yoshi, Bayo, FE, and NSMBU that Emily rogers rumored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom