• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need some news already
28795127_820862918107973_3967427059851219334_n.png
my god y hate that photo i m tyred the same thing all the time... its not your fault but its for others because its equal for guile theme fits in everything and NO its so so blame

IIRC, wasn't there talk that GF had received dev kits in 2015, before the NX was revealed as the Switch?
The rumors say in 2014 not in 2015 but yes. Imo it's absolutely possible considering that Super Mario Odissey was under development in 2014 and it was created for the switch since the beginning. If Smash was meant to be released this year then it was started around late 2014/2015. Zelda was started in 2013/2014, I don't see why only Pokemon should have waited until 2016 to receive the dev kits. The switch was the only console they could work on for the 8th gen so, even if they didn't like/trust it, they had to do something on it.

@lavandula I feel that a translation of the Chinese Riddler's exact words could be useful. Here's an attempt from Resetera:

The translator implies that the Riddler may just be speculating, but I doubt that @crobatair would have presented it as a potential leak for no reason.

Anyway, "recounted from scratch" and the movie comparison do imply some kind of remake. The Riddler doesn't seem to consider the BW case similar.

While, you guys are quite unfamiliar with Chinese social media Tieba.
I posted the link of some random thread which contains screenshots of what happened 2 days ago, and I think I should explain it in details, otherwise you will continue misunderstanding a lot.
Firstly, Tieba (means bars full of posts in Chinese) is a Chinese comprehensive social media platform for nearly any topic. So if you want to interact or share opinions with other particular ones, you should find the corresponding bars among thousands of millions of different bars at the beginning. Just like /vp/ in 4chan is for pokemon fans in states (mainly), Koudaiyaoguai (mainly with respect to game topics)/Chongwuxiaojingling (focusing on animation topics)/Jinglingbaokemeng (a dying bar after riddler's leaving. riddler posted riddles in this bar during the period of sun and moon. now few users browse this bar)/...etc... bars are for pokemon fans in China.
2 days ago, a Tieba user called Juhuazhuang started a new thread "Warm-up for Direct on March 8th" in Koudaiyaoguai bar. He wrote on top floor by "If (the direct) gives the news of pokemon switch game, it scarcely should release the titles as well. Btw, I am not always calling this game a GEN8 game, it's just, yes just, the newest game for Nintendo Switch. There's nothing more I can say, lol. Dream a pokemon dream".
Then a few moments later, riddler (now his nickname is 'pokemon news with uncle He') saw this thread and replied on floor 35th "The counting for generation definitely should go on, otherwise which gen can this game belong to? Unless this game is not a mainline game (kicked out of pokemon history). However, the place of this game in itself is reboot, if the counting stops, then there won't be GEN8 in the coming future, all (the next games after first switch game) should be recounted from scratch."
Every single floor can receive other replies without constructing new floors, which is called decks. Only four 'decks' was below the riddler's reply, floor 35th, by the time the screenshot was taken (I happened to see that whole thread on that day, and actually many other users replied riddler before that whole thread got deleted, not just four replies).
Four decks said "DOPMATE: No reboot please (sprayed), from the GEN5, every generation (gamefreak) wants a reboot, without making drastic changes.
MyWifeShaymin (reply DOPMATE): The movie version is already considered a reboot.
DOPMATE (reply MyWifeShaymin): There should be differences between a reboot and a remake (scared).
SKYACG: I see (soga is Japanese), lol."
Next, you all know what happened. The 3rd replier called SKYACG got 2 screenshots with his mobile phone and posted them in a random thread in Mewtwo Bar (full of Mewtwo enthusiasts). And I posted the link of random thread.
Hope you see all of these.

Opinions on previous discussions I saw while catching up:

REBOOT
Look, if they reboot us and put us in Kanto, I better dang well be getting a total hard reboot. Kanto is totally revitalized. Not just a 3D version of FR/LG overworld. I better see a Kanto that looks and feels more realistic like the world construction in Sun and Moon. No longer should all the doors face south. No longer should I wonder how the hell any ships get out of Vermillion since there's no actual straight way to the main ocean due to the ocean routes creating giant rock barriers no boat could ever hope to pass through. Maybe also let us visit the Sevii Islands again. Make the towns more interesting and diverse looking. Make the gyms more interesting and like locations normal people may visit. (Like, incorporate the fossil half of the Pewter Museum with Brock's gym. Misty's gym actually a Public Pool. Explain why the hell Surge is so goddamn paranoid that he not only made it so only people with cut and technically surf can reach his gym, only to find out he's hid himself behind an electric barrier to make you dig around in trash to get to him.) Change Surge's title to the Lightning Unovan or something. In fact, maybe remove any and all references to real world places/things from the gen 1 era game stuff. We've got enough regions and pokemon now that we can either just say the equivalent region's name for some things or 'far away region' for places.

They could actually make Team Rocket feel like a threat. Because honestly outside that one time we saw a police officer in Cerulean City it didn't seem like there was any real effort on anyone to try and deal with Team Rocket at all. I mean hell, a grunt was keeping anyone from entering Sabrina's gym. Rocket Grunts usually only have Rattata, Ekans, Arbok, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Zubat and Drowzee. Now, most of those are poison types. You're gonna tell me that Sabrina couldn't just step outside her gym, take out their pokemon, and then stop the Silph Co. building takeover? Maybe a reboot could have team rocket actually using ghost pokemon they originally caught with the Silph Scope and that's the reason why they stole it in the first place? Speaking of gym leaders, a Reboot could actually have our Gym leaders and Elite Four doing things beside stand inside a building to be fought!

That's just a few things that have me alright with a Reboot.

Pokemon Saying Their Names
NOPE NOPE NOPE NO THANKS NAH MANG NU UH NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The anime is stupid for doing that. I'd sooner have pokemon just make real life animal noises before having to hear PIDGEY PIDGEY, ARTICUNOOOOO, ZUBATZUBATZUBATZUBAT ad nausium. I love the game's cries. They are good. You can pry DELELELELEWOOOOOOOOOOOOOP from my cold dead hands.

On top of my utter distaste for such things... we gotta remember that pokemon have different names in other countries. It would mean taking longer to translate the games if we have to record every single Pokemon saying their name with different voice actors in order to have accurate and diverse pokemon sounds. Pikachu only got away with it because it only goes by Pikachu everywhere...

*kicks Pikachu in the teeth for bringing that nonsense into the games*

Battles Being No Longer Turn Based
Why do people want every rpg to stop being turn based. I *LIKE* turn based combat. It works so well for Pokemon. I don't WANT to have to move Charmander closer/around my opponent so Ember will reach them. I don't want a move to be stopped because Rattata used Tackle in the middle of the Ember animation. Also how would two-on-two battles even WORK outside turn based combat? I've already had to change AI in past games so that [Insert token Magic user] doesn't use up all his/her MP spamming magic or useing magic that the enemy is strong against/healed by in Tales Games. I had to take items away from Goofy and Donald so they wouldn't use up all our potions while I'm casting cure on myself because they both decided "SORA U DYING I BETTER HEEL U" at the same exact time after Sora shouted "Cure!" I don't wanna have to deal with the pokemon I'm not actively controlling spamming earthquake because that's its strongest earth move and at least one of our opponents is poison type. And that opponent has levitate so its not even doing anything. Oh now it doesn't have any PP for Earthquake anymore great. You know how you were able to cheese Ultra Necrozma with that Zoroark strategy? Or those who had Hau's Primarina knock out your pokemon because SPARKLING ARIA CAN HEAR BURNS THEREFORE IT IS A GOOD MOVE TO USE ON FRIENDS. Dumb AI programming isn't just relegated to the enemy if we have an action battle with an AI on your team...

On top of that the outrage from the metagame fandom that would inevitably happen would be atomic.

Basically: Reboot is fine, but for the love of god don't take the pokemon cries away or turn pokemon into yet another classic RPG that decided "nah man lets completely alter the battle style."

Nothing that anyone has come up with is a "simplified" system to me. I don't know what would be either. Using the battle menu is already as simple as it can be, especially since it can all be done from one button. They've already made anything that can be said about the type alignments moot because they give them to you on the display. Casual players won't feel or care about the difference the internal math makes. So what in the world IS simplified? What would make the system either easier to use or make it more of an even playfield in competitive? Stats are what make the pokemon unique, without it, it becomes purely cosmetic, other than movepools, but that's also a thing that makes it imbalanced. I don't think it can be done.

XD Okay I wish we'd stop mentioning about not wanting the pokemon cries being changed to their name now because literally no one has voiced wanting that. The only desire for voice acting is limited to human characters only, and only during cut scenes. Voicing every single pokemon would be a ridiculous task with no purpose or appeal and Game Freak has already expressed the thought they put into those in-game cries- I don't see them changing that anytime in the near future.

Guys, do we have the cover of the upcoming corocoro already? I know they officially release it early sometimes but not always....

Guys, do we have the cover of the upcoming corocoro already? I know they officially release it early sometimes but not always....

Not yet. Sometimes it gets posted to Amazon or whatever, but that's a leak in itself as they're not supposed to do that until the release date. It should leak in the coming days tho. If anything interesting happens it'll leak sooner vs later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom