• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we can't rule out a return of Giovanni thanks to the end of the Rainbow Rocket Episode as that is clearly setting up something. Who knows. Gamefreak could have just done that to display how evil he is that he is going to another world again to try the same.
But if you ask me: That is the set up for Gen 8.
It's easy post game for every game from now on xD if they mix it up and we get send to the villians world's here and there that would be neat. One things for sure if you Introduce a multiverse traveling evil team and don't disband them you can't pretend they don't exist xD

The main purpose of rainbow rocket was to celebrate the last 3DS pokemon games and tie up the current line of villains we've seen so far. This has always been foreshadowing for a change in pace with our next villain. We won't be seeing RR in a mainline game anytime soon.

If it wasn't for the cliffhanger that we got at the end of the RR episode, I would agree. If it was going to be that simple, then Game Freak could have easily not done the cliffhanger that we got. But no, now the most iconic villain of the entire franchise has somehow gained the ability to warp between worlds and outright insinuates that he's continuing with his plans and warps to another world.

A reboot, either soft or hard, would be met with severe criticism. In the case of a soft reboot like BW, people will complain that they can't use their old favorites, In the case of a had reboot, people may actually exit the franchise because they are upset that it changed so much.
We don't know what kind of reboot yet. As others have said, the nature of this "reboot" is unknown as of yet. It might not even be a reboot but retelling set in a different universe. Either of the things you have mentioned might anger the fan base indeed but it's still a bit early to come to that conclusion.

In a previous post, I forgot to mention that the number of new Pokemon would also factor in to how long it would take for the game to be made. I wonder how many we would be getting this time?

I think by reboot they mean real-time battles
they aren't removing any pokemon
That's not a reboot, that's Pokken Tournament. The battle system will probably change but they are never gonna make a copy-paste from Pokken. I think the turn based system will remain but maybe will include some real time stuff.
In a previous post, I forgot to mention that the number of new Pokemon would also factor in to how long it would take for the game to be made. I wonder how many we would be getting this time?
Looks like 70-80 from past gens. I mean, we are close to 1000, they cannot make gen V again unless they make a reboot. And it doesn't seem very appreciated here...XD

Horrible thought but what if by like pokken they mean how you get into battles.

In pokken you don't travel you just go to the tournament page and you get matched up. What if they get rid of the region idea entirely and make it so you just select battles from the menu screen. Oh God they'd ruin the series.

Horrible thought but what if by like pokken they mean how you get into battles.

In pokken you don't travel you just go to the tournament page and you get matched up. What if they get rid of the region idea entirely and make it so you just select battles from the menu screen. Oh God they'd ruin the series.
Why should they do that when Pokken exists? I know nothing about the game but you all have to calm down, the new titles will not be Pokken 2.0 for sure.
I hope the games will be announced soon because pokemon fans are becoming apocalyptic. XD

We don't know what kind of reboot yet. As others have said, the nature of this "reboot" is unknown as of yet. It might not even be a reboot but retelling set in a different universe. Either of the things you have mentioned might anger the fan base indeed but it's still a bit early to come to that conclusion.

Also, these are all still rumors- we don't really have anything to go off of yet except for those, so its fun to speculate how a reboot could work and mentally prepare for if there is one, but that could very well end up being untrue.

Yeah no the new game isn't going to be like Pokken....I really wish the sources had used a better comparison......People need to stop taking what has been said about the battle system being like Pokken literally. What they likely meant was that it's no longer turn based and is more action-y. It doesn't have to be like Pokken down to a T. In fact I'd wager it'll be very different compared to Pokken in the end. At the end of the day they're two very different kinds of games made by two different companies. GF won't copy paste another company's work just to change things up in the main series. It'll be a new system that they themselves have come up with. Could it draw from other action RPG's? Sure I don't see why that would be a bad thing, but it's not gonna be exactly like other games. It'll be it's own thing.....

I already put out vids for comparisons of what they could be like, such as footage of digimon world or even Ni no kuni, but the best example I had was the one pokemon fan game

Yeah no the new game isn't going to be like Pokken....I really wish the sources had used a better comparison......People need to stop taking what has been said about the battle system being like Pokken literally. What they likely meant was that it's no longer turn based and is more action-y. It doesn't have to be like Pokken down to a T. In fact I'd wager it'll be very different compared to Pokken in the end. At the end of the day they're two very different kinds of games made by two different companies. GF won't copy paste another company's work just to change things up in the main series. It'll be a new system that they themselves have come up with. Could it draw from other action RPG's? Sure I don't see why that would be a bad thing, but it's not gonna be exactly like other games. It'll be it's own thing.....
You know, I don't think they will get rid of turn based battles. Imo GF wanted to create an handled game that could also be played on tv not the opposite. We have 22 years of moves, abilities, ivs, evs, strategy, they will not simply forget about them. They probably found a way to make the whole thing easier but still turn based and maybe added some real time stuff (like for example the ability to avoid attacks or to get closer to the enemy to increase the power of a move etc.).
I'm not expecting a total real time battle system, but some sort of hybrid.

This is probably a weird suggestion, but what if they implemented more action stuff into the human characters and not so much the Pokemon? Pokemon XD comes to mind; instead of using HM's or Pokeride, the player had to move around boxes on their own instead of having to rely on a Pokemon. What if something like that were to apply here? If you get older player characters this go around, maybe even have them be able to fight off a Grunt or two without having to get into a Pokemon battle with them. There's been several instances in the anime where characters have actually went into hand-to-hand combat... Looker in the DP saga comes to mind.

This is probably a weird suggestion, but what if they implemented more action stuff into the human characters and not so much the Pokemon? Pokemon XD comes to mind; instead of using HM's or Pokeride, the player had to move around boxes on their own instead of having to rely on a Pokemon. What if something like that were to apply here? If you get older player characters this go around, maybe even have them be able to fight off a Grunt or two without having to get into a Pokemon battle with them. There's been several instances in the anime where characters have actually went into hand-to-hand combat... Looker in the DP saga comes to mind.

I wouldn't mind having more details about how humans live in the Pokemon world established in the games. What does my trainer eat? Where do they sleep when they're traveling? Could I be allowed to climb small ledges, finally, or do some kind of character specialization that affects how easy or hard it is to find/catch certain Pokemon? Like, a scrawny kid is maybe better at finding bugs in the grass, a bigger or more confident kid is more impressive to Pokemon that want to be strong- and maybe clothes could affect things, like a Pokemon that only shows up when you're wearing an outfit that resembles it, or a very shy species that requires you to be wearing camo to sneak up on it?

I'd be really unhappy if they de-emphasized the monsters' role in the story. I'm mostly into Pokemon for the designs of the creatures, the world-building of how people live and around them, and the collection aspect. I don't really see them neglecting the Pokemon part of Pokemon though- they seem really focused on showing how Pokemon and humans coexist, so I'm fairly confident they won't neglect it.

I started out writing this feeling negative about the idea, but now I'm into it, actually :LOL:

For now we should focus on this "large scoop" Corocoro is having next week about Lugia.
Probably won't be something interesting but let's see.

I'm guessing a new form of some kind- I don't know how I feel about the idea, but I'm not sure what it could be otherwise...

On the revised Battle system, what if the whole more action oriented battle system is supposed to do something like Action Commands.

I wouldn't mind having more details about how humans live in the Pokemon world established in the games. What does my trainer eat? Where do they sleep when they're traveling? Could I be allowed to climb small ledges, finally, or do some kind of character specialization that affects how easy or hard it is to find/catch certain Pokemon? Like, a scrawny kid is maybe better at finding bugs in the grass, a bigger or more confident kid is more impressive to Pokemon that want to be strong- and maybe clothes could affect things, like a Pokemon that only shows up when you're wearing an outfit that resembles it, or a very shy species that requires you to be wearing camo to sneak up on it?
Look, It would be enough for me to discover that the main character has feelings.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/196/220/ec9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom