• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly now that I think about it something occurred to me. If this gen (at least the starters anyway) is going to be reminiscent of gen 5 Pokemon design wise then I'm interested to see what an Eeveelution would look like in a gen 5 style. Gen 5 Pokemon were very odd looking at first. It'll be cool to see a Pokemon that has counterparts from other gens in this one.

Found this in /vp/, apparently it was at twitter before that or something.Well,I'm not completely sure of the source.Seems fake.

While the katakana translates to romanji as "Barukia" which is consistent with the last three Eeveeloutions in Japanese (リーフィア/Leafia, グレイシア/Glacia, and ニンフィア/Nymphia) the art style still seems off.

However, "baru" in katakana would mean "bar" like where you drink or "crowbar." Unless the artist is being cheeky in using "baru" ばる as in "to leak" something, but then it'd have to be in hiragana or kanji since katakana is only used for foreign words and made up names. "Baruki" means bulky... but that would be バルキー

Last edited:
Honestly now that I think about it something occurred to me. If this gen (at least the starters anyway) is going to be reminiscent of gen 5 Pokemon design wise then I'm interested to see what an Eeveelution would look like in a gen 5 style. Gen 5 Pokemon were very odd looking at first. It'll be cool to see a Pokemon that has counterparts from other gens in this one.

Speaking of which, I hope we get more evolutions for older pokemon, like we used to get. D= More baby pokemon? Lapras and kangaskhan could use pre-evos.

While the katakana translates to romanji as "Barukia" which is consistent with the last three Eeveeloutions in Japanese (リーフィア/Leafia, グレイシア/Glacia, and ニンフィア/Nymphia) the art style still seems off.

However, "baru" in katakana would mean "bar" like where you drink or "crowbar." Unless the artist is being cheeky in using "baru" as in "to leak" something, but then it'd have to be in hiragana or kanji since katakana is only used for foreign words and made up names.
Note that Palkia is Parukia in Japanese, and is only one character away from this Barukia.
Also, Pa and Ba in Japanese have the same base character, derived from Ha.

So I think this is fake.

Speaking of which, I hope we get more evolutions for older pokemon, like we used to get. D= More baby pokemon? Lapras and kangaskhan could use pre-evos.

I just want Luvdisc to evolve into Alolalalamamamamamahahahaha and Dunsparce into Drampa.

With the next gen having DP remakes in it I wouldn't say it's impossible. They could easily introduce more given that gen 4 had a bunch. I'd be down. New evolutions and regional variants make older Pokemon that you normally don't think of more appealing again.

Note that Palkia is Parukia in Japanese, and is only one character away from this Barukia.
Also, Pa and Ba in Japanese have the same base character, derived from Ha.

So I think this is fake.

True. A better name for it, if it was a flying type, would be スカイア or Sukaia, sukai here meaning sky...

???
How are they even remotely close in design that you would think this?

Give them a middle evolution. The have a similar color scheme and the eyes/mouth look similar. When Drampa was first revealed I assumed it was a Dunsparce evo.

..ok
I really cant see the resemblance
XD Me neither... drampa could probably use a pre-evo too, though. And dunsparce could use an evo. Just... maybe not each other.

That’s just the association my mind made when I first saw. Apparently I’m not the only one, others have mentioned the resemblance when you look at them side by side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom