• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You knowbthey're secretly building up to Charizard being the real villain and the true big bad is a charizard using popularity and alternate forms to control people and make them do what they want.
See, making Charizard a sort of villainous thing, is what I wish they did in SwSh, especially since it feels like Leon neglects the rest of his team because of his obsessive focus on Charizard.

The Fossils, although they could introduce for us the proper fossils that were proper suppose to look like. Roark would might hint of Cara Liss.
I think that they might introduce the opposite halves of the fossils in these remakes, then have all the halves available on whichever Galar game will come after the remakes. If no Galar game comes after these remakes, then I can see them having all the current and new halves available just to increase Pokedex size. Either way, 16 entries with just 4 whole fossils alone seems like something Game Freak likes to do.

I think that they might introduce the opposite halves of the fossils in these remakes, then have all the halves available on whichever Galar game will come after the remakes. If no Galar game comes after these remakes, then I can see them having all the current and new halves available just to increase Pokedex size. Either way, 16 entries with just 4 whole fossils alone seems like something Game Freak likes to do.

I personally don't think they should repeat the joke. Just give us the true forms and be done.

I think that we might never see the other halves of the Galar fossils.

I wonder if Cyrus will get a bigger role in the story if there is a remake. I remember all the crazy theories about Cyrus and the whole multiverse thing before Sun and Moon were released.

But in Sword and Shield they seem to have abandoned the multiverse thing. I guess a lot of people didn't like it and complained about the timeline. But in way I think it's a shame to retcon it because it adds to the worldbuilding and lore of the Pokémon world. Why are official timelines always so unpopular among the fans?

See, making Charizard a sort of villainous thing, is what I wish they did in SwSh, especially since it feels like Leon neglects the rest of his team because of his obsessive focus on Charizard.
See! They've already got him! Who's next! Steven? Diantha? Cynthia? The reason Red's so silent is because he's constantly resisting Charizard's control.

See! They've already got him! Who's next! Steven? Diantha? Cynthia? The reason Red's so silent is because he's constantly resisting Charizard's control.
It would be very fitting for every Pokemon who has been neglected in getting a new form to take down Charizard.

It would be very fitting for every Pokemon who has been neglected in getting a new form to take down Charizard.
Typhlosion's sick of Charizard's shit. Also Venusaur's there because despite getting slightly more attention 5an the Johto starters he still wants revenge. Meganium is already dead. It was the first casualty in the war against Charizard. Delphox stays out of the conflict and acts as a sort of oracle for both sides. Blastoise is ready to fight anyone. Blaziken is on the Charizard side because it likes to win and thinks that the Charizard side has the best chance (he betrayed me!). Chesnaut is on the anti-charizard side. Feralligator is fully on board with beating Charizard. Greninja is a mercenary working for whoever pays him most. Sceptile is also a mercenary but he's more moral than Greninja. Swampert is like Blastoise in that it just wants to fight. Same with Emboar. Serperior, Empoleon, Torterra, and Samurott are on the side of anti-charizard. Infernape is on Charizard's side.

That would be perfect for me.
I wonder if Cyrus will get a bigger role in the story if there is a remake. I remember all the crazy theories about Cyrus and the whole multiverse thing before Sun and Moon were released.
I think so. While they didn't do much with Giovanni in FRLG, they at least named the executives in HGSS (and made them individuals) and gave a personality to Maxie and Archie (aside from being idiots), I feel they will do something with Cyrus aside from a redesign.

There is likely going to be a few Galar Pokemon that will be appearing in Sinnoh...

Mr Ryme - No doubt because of Mime Jr. Although they could introduce to us a Sinnohan Mr Ryme.

Applin line - That would make some sense. Plus Gardenia would be gushing over them.

Sizzlipede line - Since that has a Samurai based design to the Pokemon.

The Fossils, although they could introduce for us the proper fossils that were proper suppose to look like. Roark would might hint of Cara Liss.

That's all I can think of so far.

new galar pokemon I think rather not ? thats gen 4 remakes, they will rather focus on new megas again.

All fossils from all regions should be possible (But make Roark use his fully evolved Rampardos and let it gain a mega, instead of Onix use Aerodactyl) and ofcourse Sinohan forms of the extra Galar form evolutions should be also possible somehow now .

Could see some of them getting diffrent pokemon like Coffigarus and Runigerus did actually this time...

Farfetched fetting a flying/fithing evolution form would be nice Sirfetched should have been fighting/fairy... by its looks.
Obstagoon better be normal/ghost or normal/fighting, Cursola would need to change for Corsola... a rock/poison coral with water absorb or dry skin? Would be a nice take on.

Mr Rhyme, was ice/psychic?
fairy/psychic or maybe better dark/fairy? would be way cooler taking its theme now.

They could always allow us breed in the Disortion world or allow maybe eggs to hatch there to get the Galar forms of Ponyta?
Would make sense taking the energy there...

Interesting what new evolutions could gen 4 remake bring it was a generation of evolutions of older pokemon... megas are not the only thing that could be there... Even could see Eeveelutions there or in gen 9... taking that people wanted dragon, steel, poison and ghost so much.

Interesting if they plan somehing with Vespiqueen, hope it gets Queenly majesty somehow... and Heal Order maybe could work like Aqua Ring or allow you to heal other pokemon or all team mates? pollen puff was created and they have now a dilema...

Dazzling would need a addition to block moves when trick room or speed changes made oponent gain increased priority and make older pokemon get it... Umbreon? Pupitar? Beautifly? Spiritomb?

Last edited:
new galar pokemon I think rather not ? thats gen 4 remakes, they will rather focus on new megas again.

All fossils from all regions should be possible (But make Roark use his fully evolved Rampardos and let it gain a mega, instead of Onix use Aerodactyl) and ofcourse Sinohan forms of the extra Galar form evolutions should be also possible somehow now .

Could see some of them getting diffrent pokemon like Coffigarus and Runigerus did actually this time...

Farfetched fetting a flying/fithing evolution form would be nice Sirfetched should have been fighting/fairy... by its looks.
Obstagoon better be normal/ghost or normal/fighting, Cursola would need to change for Corsola... a rock/poison coral with water absorb or dry skin? Would be a nice take on.

Mr Rhyme, was ice/psychic?
fairy/psychic or maybe better dark/fairy? would be way cooler taking its theme now.

They could always allow us breed in the Disortion world or allow maybe eggs to hatch there to get the Galar forms of Ponyta?
Would make sense taking the energy there...

Interesting what new evolutions could gen 4 remake bring it was a generation of evolutions of older pokemon... megas are not the only thing that could be there... Even could see Eeveelutions there or in gen 9... taking that people wanted dragon, steel, poison and ghost so much.

Interesting if they plan somehing with Vespiqueen, hope it gets Queenly majesty somehow... and Heal Order maybe could work like Aqua Ring or allow you to heal other pokemon or all team mates? pollen puff was created and they have now a dilema...

Dazzling would need a addition to block moves when trick room or speed changes made oponent gain increased priority and make older pokemon get it... Umbreon? Pupitar? Beautifly? Spiritomb?
1) Roark is only the first gym leader. Him using a Pokemon with higher attack stat than Groundon is too much of a challenge. Aerodactyl would make the gym even harder if not flat our impossible unless you want to have a fully evolved starter before even getting your first gym badge.
2) Fighting/Fairy Sirfetch'd makes no sense. Nothing about that design says fairy.
3) Same thing with Obstagoon, those typings you suggest make no sense whatsoever and there's no reason to change its type.
4) So basically, Cursola and Mr. Rime should just be retconned into evolutions of regular Mr Mime and Corsola? That defeats the purpose of Galar forms.
5) Distortion world is inhabited by Girantina only, nothing about it denotes that any other Pokemon could exist there let alone breed.
6) Why would Pupitar have Dazzling? I genuinely don't understand.

1) Roark is only the first gym leader. Him using a Pokemon with higher attack stat than Groundon is too much of a challenge. Aerodactyl would make the gym even harder if not flat our impossible unless you want to have a fully evolved starter before even getting your first gym badge.
2) Fighting/Fairy Sirfetch'd makes no sense. Nothing about that design says fairy.
3) Same thing with Obstagoon, those typings you suggest make no sense whatsoever and there's no reason to change its type.
4) So basically, Cursola and Mr. Rime should just be retconned into evolutions of regular Mr Mime and Corsola? That defeats the purpose of Galar forms.
5) Distortion world is inhabited by Girantina only, nothing about it denotes that any other Pokemon could exist there let alone breed.
6) Why would Pupitar have Dazzling? I genuinely don't understand.

1) His gym is easy with water or grass pokemon no problem, Rampardos would be nice there early, also we dont know what moves will starters get maybe more and earlier then in the past? strongest attack yes but that speed... if it's preveo would learn u-turn, dragon tail, zen headbut and headbut and there would be a strategy for it using the rest of his team and sandstorm then maybe.

2) white duck only was thinking... woud take neutral damage from fighting and immunity to dragon.
3) night evolution ghost type, could also become a normal/steel pokemon with Obstruct
4) Hey Cofagrigus and Runerigus ? hello? that makes somehow sense. the type change too actualy.
5) Could have changed, or create a energy place where your eggs could change to regional variants of other regions or better trade them with trainers from those regions.
6) body that deflects light, but You are right Umbreon, Beautifly and Spiritomb make more sense here. Especially the later two.

Last edited:
Hot take: I hope we don't get any Sinnoh forms.

Reason: Everything will become an Ice-type and we already have enough Ice-type regional forms.

I don't think that types are necessarily the first thing they have in mind with regional forms, so much as finding some common ground between an existing Pokémon concept and certain region-specific cultural hallmarks. Sure, there's the likes of Vulpix and Darumaka, but most regional forms have something more to them than just "Welp, gotta shore up the type distribution somehow!"

What ideas, features, or traditions are endemic to Hokkaido would make for good alternative interpretations of existing Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom