• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 - Victini (and the whole Pokebeach fiasco)

As someone who recently got a pokebeach account, I must ask what happened back then?

The owner went to Japan and while they were there they went to see the Zoroark movie and took photos of Victini when it appeared in the teaser at the end (that was the first time we saw Victini). Apparently Japanese fans weren't happy he broke the law in their country or something like that.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned it (it's not really relevant) but it's the reason I remember the Victini teaser, because there was a bit of drama around it with people condemning him for what he did etc etc.

Movie 15 was Keldeo and Kyurem.

They'll definitely hint at Generation 7. The final movie of each Gen. always has a new Pokémon.

M02 (last Kanto movie) featured Lugia.
M05 (last Johto movie) featured Latios and Latias.
M09 (last Hoenn movie) featured Manaphy.
M13 (last Sinnoh movie) featured Zoroark.
M16 (last Unova movie) featured Mega Mewtwo Y.

They have no more Legendaries, so unless they start making movies around old legends for no reason, or start making movies about Mega's (like how M17 was originally marketed) this upcoming M19 is the final Kalos movie.

Except the next movie is likely to come out before the 7th gen games release if they release in the fall as usual, so that's probably going to be when 7th gen Pokemon are shown off. And they don't need a 6th gen mascot for them to make another 6th gen movie, there's been several examples in the past where some of the later movies either included a 7th gen mascot or a random legendary (M8 had Mew, M13 had the Beast trio). There's several possibilities for M20, pretty much any legendary that hasn't been used recently is on the table, and there's no telling what 7th gen Pokemon they could show off.

Plus there's still Volcanion to show off, he's likely to be Zygarde's co-star. After that there's really not much room for a 7th gen Pokemon, unless it's a random one. And they've been holding off doing that until the games are actually announced recently (the last time they showed off a Pokemon well ahead of its debut gen was before 4th gen released).

Also, two moves doesn't imply two games. It only implies we'll get something, which is all but confirmed by the Zygarde movie teaser. We could very well get both moves in one game.

Again, highly unlikely. There's little point in even making two moves if they weren't planning on two games, it's more profitable for them to make two games than one.

The number of moves literally has nothing to do with the number of games.

Also, M08 took place in Kanto and it obviously promoted FireRed and LeafGreen as well as Diamond and Pearl (Mew and Lucario), while M13 promoted HeartGold and SoulSilver with the Legendary Beasts and Black and White with the Zorua line. So they weren't "random legendaries" put in there for no reason.

And after M18 pulled that "use every legendary under the sun except for Ho-Oh" stunt, we can't ever use the excuse "there's no room for such and such" again. And after M17 featured three legendaries too, how can't there be room for a third featured Pokémon in the next movie?

Gen VI will end after next year's game so Movie 19 kind of has to debut a Gen VII 'mon.

No it doesn't. If it follows a typical release schedule, here's how the rest of 6th gen will play out:

Summer 2016: M19 releases
Fall 2016: XY2 releases
Summer 2017: M20 releases
Fall 2017: 7th gen releases

M19 is probably NOT the last 6th gen movie, if this schedule is correct then M20 will still be part of 6th gen but it will promote 7th gen (much like M9, M13, and M16 did in past generations). In which case it makes the most sense to start debuting 7th gen Pokemon in M20.

Only Volcanion is left and they'll likely just give it a short. Unless they give it a story and a new form in the next games then it's unlikely to get a movie. Gen VI isn't like previous gens though. We don't know that the next games will release next fall. They could release in the winter. Unlike previous gens, there aren't a ton of legendaries. Unless Xerneas and Yveltal get new forms then they'll debut a Gen VII 'mon in Movie 19. Speaking of new forms, what does everybody think about Xerneas and Yveltal's chances for new forms?

It really doesn't matter if the M20 star is Gen 6 or 7. Look at M9, it had Manaphy as it's star and while yes it also had Kyogre, it was only in it for a small part. So technically M20 could b solely about a Gen 7 Pokemon while still being in Gen 6

They'll definitely hint at Generation 7. The final movie of each Gen. always has a new Pokémon.

They have no more Legendaries, so unless they start making movies around old legends for no reason, or start making movies about Mega's (like how M17 was originally marketed) this upcoming M19 is the final Kalos movie.

Except the next movie is likely to come out before the 7th gen games release if they release in the fall as usual, so that's probably going to be when 7th gen Pokemon are shown off. And they don't need a 6th gen mascot for them to make another 6th gen movie, there's been several examples in the past where some of the later movies either included a 7th gen mascot or a random legendary (M8 had Mew, M13 had the Beast trio). There's several possibilities for M20, pretty much any legendary that hasn't been used recently is on the table, and there's no telling what 7th gen Pokemon they could show off.

Plus there's still Volcanion to show off, he's likely to be Zygarde's co-star. After that there's really not much room for a 7th gen Pokemon, unless it's a random one. And they've been holding off doing that until the games are actually announced recently (the last time they showed off a Pokemon well ahead of its debut gen was before 4th gen released).

Also, two moves doesn't imply two games. It only implies we'll get something, which is all but confirmed by the Zygarde movie teaser. We could very well get both moves in one game.

Again, highly unlikely. There's little point in even making two moves if they weren't planning on two games, it's more profitable for them to make two games than one.

Also, M08 took place in Kanto and it obviously promoted FireRed and LeafGreen as well as Diamond and Pearl (Mew and Lucario), while M13 promoted HeartGold and SoulSilver with the Legendary Beasts and Black and White with the Zorua line. So they weren't "random legendaries" put in there for no reason.

And after M18 pulled that "use every legendary under the sun except for Ho-Oh" stunt, we can't ever use the excuse "there's no room for such and such" again. And after M17 featured three legendaries too, how can't there be room for a third featured Pokémon in the next movie?

I wasn't talking about the number of movies, I was talking about the timing of the movies. The movies typically release ahead of the game they're trying to promote, so the last movie of 6th gen is probably not going to be this one, it's probably going to be the next one. As for who could star in it, they could throw in the Bird trio, who will appear again in the next Kalos game, legendaries that get a Mega Evolution in either Kalos or 7th gen, or a marketable 7th gen Pokemon. They're not exactly lacking for options for another movie.

Speaking of AZ's Floette...

Crazy theory of mine, but what if Aster(Zinnia's friend) is AZ's Floette? Bear with me, I'm still trying to figure out how that would work.

I wasn't talking about the number of movies, I was talking about the timing of the movies. The movies typically release ahead of the game they're trying to promote, so the last movie of 6th gen is probably not going to be this one, it's probably going to be the next one. As for who could star in it, they could throw in the Bird trio, who will appear again in the next Kalos game, legendaries that get a Mega Evolution in either Kalos or 7th gen, or a marketable 7th gen Pokemon. They're not exactly lacking for options for another movie.

I said MOVES. Not MOVIES. Zygarde having two unreleased moves means nothing. Both moves could be included in one game or both could be put on an Event Zygarde distributed to X/Y and OR/AS. The Thousand Arrows/Waves means nothing.

And you're right. We still have the Legendary Birds, Volcanion, AZ and his Floette and Zygarde all available for movies. Doesn't mean they will be put into movies. AZ and Floette will most likely get an anime arc because of Lysandre. Volcanion and Zygarde could get movies. I don't see the birds getting anything.

I said MOVES. Not MOVIES. Zygarde having two unreleased moves means nothing. Both moves could be included in one game or both could be put on an Event Zygarde distributed to X/Y and OR/AS. The Thousand Arrows/Waves means nothing.

Okay, then you're just in denial. Zygarde already has a signature move which functions EXACTLY the same as Thousand Arrows/Waves, why would they bother with that if they were just going to shove them into one game or an event? It's pretty clear that the moves are designed for new Zygarde forms.

And you're right. We still have the Legendary Birds, Volcanion, AZ and his Floette and Zygarde all available for movies. Doesn't mean they will be put into movies. AZ and Floette will most likely get an anime arc because of Lysandre. Volcanion and Zygarde could get movies. I don't see the birds getting anything.

The Birds probably wouldn't be in a movie themselves, but they could easily show up next to something else, probably something from 7th gen. And again, by the time M20 comes out, they'll have probably shown off some sort of new legendary Mega, and there's literally dozens of options .

Last edited:
I wonder if we may actually go back to the generic 3rd version this time. Because if they wanted to do sequels, I can't really think of anything relating to X/Y's plot that would prompt Zygarde to start kicking ass and taking names. I mean, they could bring back Lysandre since it's not exactly proven he's actually dead. But yet, they already used Ghetsis twice for his respective games for different plots, so I don't know if they want to go that route again or not. It may seem repetitive, but then again they've been doing 3rd versions for how long?

Which may leave us with the option of prequels this time. When AZ used the weapon not once, but TWICE, surely that might have caused some major screw-ups for the Kalos ecosystem. You got it being used once to suck the life out of lord knows how many 'mons to ressurect a single 'mon, and then it's used again to wipe out a massive number of people and Pokemon. But what could they do for gameplay? I don't think Gyms 'n whatnot existed during AZ's time. Maybe they could pull a Colosseum/XD on us and come up with different gameplay elements but yet keep some of the original and just give us a full-fledged RPG.

Zygarde coming out of hiding could be the result of two things:
Lysandre being immortal, and thus there is now two too many people who cant die. AZ alone would have been tolerable as he knew the price and is now repenting by walking the world.And
In a shock twist, its the capturing of the legendary by the previous MC that sets things off. With Xerneas/Yveltal captured, the balance is off tilt, but when Team Flare gain control of the second one, and learn of a Mega Evolution for it, thats when things get too out of control. The previous MC would play a role of mega evolving the counterpart, but losing control of it.
Or it could be something entirely different, who knows. I was thinking though, what if Primal Zygarde, cancels out megas? Like what if mega evolution is the direcy issue at hand and not a by product of the plot, and balancing out the ecosystem is really cancelling out megas?

I think they'll expand on this recurring issue of Infinity Energy and the effect that it has on the natural world.

Last edited:
Okay, then you're just in denial. Zygarde already has a signature move which functions EXACTLY the same as Thousand Arrows/Waves, why would they bother with that if they were just going to shove them into one game or an event? It's pretty clear that the moves are designed for new Zygarde forms.

Ok, well now you're just being rude. And by the way, Hoopa has two signature moves, is it getting two games too? No. And don't give me the "It's a Mythical Pokémon" excuse, it's the exact same thing.

I think they'll expand on this recurring issue of Infinity Energy and the effect that it has on the natural world.
Indeed, that is another thing. With ORAS a good 10 years before XY though, 3 years between gens 1&3 and 2&4 with an unknown time skip to bw and then 2 years to the B2W2/XY era, its unkown how that can come up without implying major changes to characters from Hoenn. Unless of course they plan to give us a solid number for the missing gap, and its more closer to 6-7 years spanning the series, then it could be feasible. XZ/YZ would add another 2 years, bring us closer to 8 though. Its a mess really. I dont understand how they can feasibly cpntinue the plot threads of Zinnia and the Infinite Energy issue when considering how we never really saw a refions future past 3 years. Would be fun though, seeing an older steven or what not.

Ok, well now you're just being rude. And by the way, Hoopa has two signature moves, is it getting two games too? No. And don't give me the "It's a Mythical Pokémon" excuse, it's the exact same thing.
Hoopa has two moves because it has two formes, much like most mythicals with two moves. And much like Kyurem, Zygarse has two unused moves. I do not seem why you are so adamant that it means nothing, when it was always the big question mark. And if movie 19 is the Zygarde movie, then its clear GF is going to go through their regular release schedule, just in the most unorthodox way. I mean, I don't think we have ever had the third game or its equivalent after the league happening in the anime. Its gotta be something special for them to get it out of they eay, it just has to be.

And by the way, Hoopa has two signature moves, is it getting two games too? No. And don't give me the "It's a Mythical Pokémon" excuse, it's the exact same thing.

It's not the exact same because Hoopa has Hyperspace Hole itself and its other form has Hyperspace Fury. Whereas Zygarde already has Land's Wrath itself and then we have Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves on top of Land's Wrath. If Zygarde had Thousand [whichever] already and that left one Thousand unused then I'd agree with you with the Hoopa comparison somewhat, but it isn't like that.

I think Kyurem has set the idea in people's mind since it had Freeze Shock and Ice Burn (or whatever they are called) waiting in the data from BW just like Zygarde has these two. So that leads people to believe there's two forms/Megas coming instead of one which is what happened with Kyurem and B2W2.

It could be interesting if it's just the one Z game but you can synch it up with your X or Y file at the start to affect which Zygarde form/Mega you get in the main story (the relationship between the moves and Xerneas/Yveltal can't be a coincidence, right?). But after B2W2 tried something similar with BW, I won't hold my breath for it being anything special if they were to do it.

Zygarde coming out of hiding could be the result of two things:
Lysandre being immortal, and thus there is now two too many people who cant die. AZ alone would have been tolerable as he knew the price and is now repenting by walking the world.And
In a shock twist, its the capturing of the legendary by the previous MC that sets things off. With Xerneas/Yveltal captured, the balance is off tilt, but when Team Flare gain control of the second one, and learn of a Mega Evolution for it, thats when things get too out of control. The previous MC would play a role of mega evolving the counterpart, but losing control of it.
Or it could be something entirely different, who knows. I was thinking though, what if Primal Zygarde, cancels out megas? Like what if mega evolution is the direcy issue at hand and not a by product of the plot, and balancing out the ecosystem is really cancelling out megas?

OR
They use the Weapon once more, or did before, that killed off some or made some Pokemon immortal, which take this to a real point of view, only one species would thrive, making the ecosystem out of balance; I can explain in more detail if necessary.

Hmmmmm. Now then thats interesting, after a fast sucession of gyms, Lumiose and Laverre where like 5 eps apart iirc, we are looking at a good 11+ episodes till Anistar. I can also only assume with Eevee being taken care of in the last known episode, Alain is next. I mean, we are in Mid September by then, which could count as fall, prime territory for a mini arc between the Anime and the Mega specials finally coming together. I think the pieces are going to start coming together by the time August comes, and then its just just a matter of how many pieces will be given out.

I wonder if we may actually go back to the generic 3rd version this time. Because if they wanted to do sequels, I can't really think of anything relating to X/Y's plot that would prompt Zygarde to start kicking ass and taking names. I mean, they could bring back Lysandre since it's not exactly proven he's actually dead. But yet, they already used Ghetsis twice for his respective games for different plots, so I don't know if they want to go that route again or not. It may seem repetitive, but then again they've been doing 3rd versions for how long?

Which may leave us with the option of prequels this time. When AZ used the weapon not once, but TWICE, surely that might have caused some major screw-ups for the Kalos ecosystem. You got it being used once to suck the life out of lord knows how many 'mons to ressurect a single 'mon, and then it's used again to wipe out a massive number of people and Pokemon. But what could they do for gameplay? I don't think Gyms 'n whatnot existed during AZ's time. Maybe they could pull a Colosseum/XD on us and come up with different gameplay elements but yet keep some of the original and just give us a full-fledged RPG.

A sequel could work, there's enough in Kalos that could be expanded in terms of story, region design, and gameplay to justify it. Storyline wise we have several characters that didn't have much of a role in XY that could see theirs expanded in XY2, like Malva and Alexa. Lysandre and Emma could also take on new roles in the storyline. As for what Zygarde could do in the storyline, Neo Flare could seek it out for their own purposes or it could simply intervene to try and stop them. Also, maybe they could expand a bit on the Anistar Sundial? Region design wise there are a ton of areas they could add onto Kalos, southern France hasn't been represented at all and they could also throw in parts of Belgium in the Northeast as well. Then there's some areas that feel like they should serve more of a purpose like the train station in Couriway Town. As far as gameplay, Kalos could definitely use some side features. They mention that Rhyhorn racing is very popular in the region, why can't we participate? Also, perhaps they could have a Join Avenue type of feature in Lumiose City.

Hoopa only has one move for each form though, whereas Zygarde's normal form already has a signature.

Yeah, I am seeing some evidence of sequels being on the way. Two more games are left in gen 6 due to datamining from the demo of ORAS. Zygarde has two moves that has yet to be unlock which is similar to Kyurem. Volcanion still needs to be released as it is the last gen 6 pokemon in pokedex. I think that people are in denial because they wanted Kanto remakes more than Kalos installment. The fact is that we got remakes for this gen and it was for the 3DS. HGSS was for the DS system for Gen 4 and Firered/Leafgreen were for Gameboy Advance for Gen 3. Plus the potential film with Zygarde also may indicate another kalos installment. I am open for a Kanto remake but I think it would be better save for next gen or two.

I was thinking though, what if Primal Zygarde, cancels out megas? Like what if mega evolution is the direcy issue at hand and not a by product of the plot, and balancing out the ecosystem is really cancelling out megas?

In an earlier post that I had made(don't know if it was in this thread or not), I had a theory that what if Mega-forms in nature are supposed to be exclusive to Legendaries. If we are to go by ORAS and X/Y, the very first and only Pokémon known in ancient history to have Mega/Primal forms that occur without the use of human tech are Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and quite possibly Diancie(I have this feeling that Diancie's and Carbink's association with crystal energy has a close connection with Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy as a whole). As far as we know, all of the other 'mons that are not Legendaries didn't gain Mega-Evolutions until AFTER the Ultimate Weapon was used by AZ. The Legendary Megas are "natural", while the non-Legendary Megas are "artificial". But this is only a theory I thought up out of boredom.

With all of that said, what if in a Kalos sequel we get an N-ish character(maybe the long-lost "Aster"?) that thinks Mega-Evolution for regular 'mons is unnatural due to the Ultimate Weapon and thinks it should only be exclusive to Legendaries? Aster decides to use Zygarde's power and the Anistar Sundial to wipe out Mega-Evolution from the whole world. Zinnia comes along and since Zygarde is part Dragon-type is the only one(let's say her grandmother stays in Hoenn or passes away) who can teach Zygarde either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows. Zinnia is forced to either side with Aster in carrying out her/his plan, or side with the protagonist to save Mega-Evolution from being wiped out. Depending on the version, you would of course either get Xerneas or Yveltal. Cue the Power of Friendship trope to teach Aster a lesson that Mega-Evolution for non-Legendaries isn't a bad thing after all and is crucial for the friendship between humans and Pokémon.

Last edited:
I was thinking though, what if Primal Zygarde, cancels out megas? Like what if mega evolution is the direcy issue at hand and not a by product of the plot, and balancing out the ecosystem is really cancelling out megas?

In an earlier post that I had made(don't know if it was in this thread or not), I had a theory that what if Mega-forms in nature are supposed to be exclusive to Legendaries. If we are to go by ORAS and X/Y, the very first and only Pokémon known in ancient history to have Mega/Primal forms that occur without the use of human tech are Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and quite possibly Diancie(I have this feeling that Diancie's and Carbink's association with crystal energy has a close connection with Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy as a whole). As far as we know, all of the other 'mons that are not Legendaries didn't gain Mega-Evolutions until AFTER the Ultimate Weapon was used by AZ. The Legendary Megas are "natural", while the non-Legendary Megas are "artificial". But this is only a theory I thought up out of boredom.

With all of that said, what if in a Kalos sequel we get an N-ish character(maybe the long-lost "Aster"?) that thinks Mega-Evolution for regular 'mons is unnatural due to the Ultimate Weapon and thinks it should only be exclusive to Legendaries? Aster decides to use Zygarde's power and the Anistar Sundial to wipe out Mega-Evolution from the whole world. Zinnia comes along and since Zygarde is part Dragon-type is the only one(let's say her grandmother stays in Hoenn or passes away) who can teach Zygarde either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows. Zinnia is forced to either side with Aster in carrying out her/his plan, or side with the protagonist to save Mega-Evolution from being wiped out. Depending on the version, you would of course either get Xerneas or Yveltal. Cue the Power of Friendship trope to teach Aster a lesson that Mega-Evolution for non-Legendaries isn't a bad thing after all and is crucial for the friendship between humans and Pokémon.

Interesting idea, especialy since the Draconids had been portrayed as extremists (considering the Delta Episode's events and their portrayal in Special, but then again Special's portrayal of N was at odds with the games). Still I expect themes of extremism and moderation to ensue with this plot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom