• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flare in Team Flare is a pun on flair which means something with style or elegance, it goes with their obsession for fashion. So no, Team Flare is not a Fire type team.

Then why wear red suits with sunglasses? That's not stylish or elegant. That's brutish and angry.

The Flare in Team Flare is a pun on flair which means something with style or elegance, it goes with their obsession for fashion. So no, Team Flare is not a Fire type team.

Then why wear red suits with sunglasses? That's not stylish or elegant. That's brutish and angry.
I can't seem to find the quote, but i remember a grunt saying that their suits and glasses are high fashion. So yeah, they wear those suits and sunglasses because they believe it's high fashion.

I can't seem to find the quote, but i remember a grunt saying that their suits and glasses are high fashion. So yeah, they wear those suits and sunglasses because they believe it's high fashion.

If Pokemon Z ever happens, I would personally like to be able to join team Flare and learn more about their plot for a "perfect world" I was very disappointed when I couldn't join Team Flare, even after I accumulated 5 million Poke Dollars (I seriously did okay?). I just feel like they were such an underdeveloped team and if you were able to join them (which could be easily done- just give the character access to a Team Flare outfit) you could actually learn more about why they want this said "perfect world". I think their plot has a lot of potential, but again it's very underdeveloped. Make the backstory stretch throughout the whole gameplay instead of giving it all to you at once. And please, overall, let us join Team Flare. Or any villainous team for that matter.

you could actually learn more about why they want this said "perfect world".

Lysandre spelled it all out at the end. He believed that all of the planet's resources would soon be used up, which would force people into fighting over what was left. Ergo, he decided to thin the population down to just the members of Team Flare, because he was an elitist. The people who joined did so because he promised them a secure future.

And please, overall, let us join Team Flare. Or any villainous team for that matter.

I assume you already know why they don't let you do that?

And Fasion tends to be very subjective (take a good look and Lady Gaga's wardrobe for example)

Also Sunglasses tend to be a common accessory, at least in coastal areas. And People find the suits stylish (thought not necessarily in bright red/orange) and some people wnat to get ahead of the crowd and set their own trends.

The generations will alternate between 3rd versions/sequels and remakes
The sequels could be given to old regions.

And finnaly, Gen VI is the start of a new metaplot involving Infinity Energy and its effects on a new timeline, And the plotholes involving Zygarde and such were deliberate to tie it to the next generation.
However for this to work, Gen VII would need to be set in a region near Kalos, which further adds to the new Universe theory (Johto was Kanto's next door neighbor).
The Strange Souvenir pertains to a region that is far from Kalos.

Zinnia. Zinnia is how the Z/AZ plot gets touched up. She can teach our Zygarde one of the seven possible moves (the best of these is "Dragon Descent") that allow it to Mega Evolve (no held item needed) and be ultimately responsible for Team Flare's doings. (Despite any seeming snark I really like these ideas absent "Dragon Descent"--I wouldn't necessarily even give Zygarde the "Thousand" moves.)

Otherwise the Genesis X and Apocalypse Y formula can be followed, with Giga Xerneas and Giga Yveltal being the box covers. Giga Xerneas can have the X-Dominate ability, which will Mega Evolve all eligible X forms in your party equipped with the right Mega stones; Giga Yveltal does similarly with its Y-Dominate ability.

A Zygarde Mega could otherwise have the ability of "Mega-Aura Break"--this would be its current ability plus "Mega Break" which breaks non-Z Mega forms. (Mega Break functionally works because HP is maintained between form changes. Basically, all current and new Mega forms would be assigned two letters from between A, X, Y, and Z. AX would be capable of going up with X Dominate, but would go down with Mega Break. XY would go up with either Dominate, but would go down with Mega Break. XZ would go up with X Dominate and not go down with Mega Break.)

Things like Butterfree, Machamp, and Golem (which have rough counterparts that have Megas) would get Megas, as would the starters, as would Venusaur and Blastoise (an X form and Y form, respectively).

Now while Pokemon AZ is released... Pokemon Sigma Emerald (Σmerald) also gets released! This is a remake of Emerald, yeah! Herein we get Mega Milotic and other important pokemon we haven't.

I've had these ideas for months.

Last edited:
The sequels could be given to old regions.

Possibly but what i meant was that each other generation from this point on will have all its games dedication to the region introduced with the generations between having just one set focusing on its region and one pair of remakes.

But who knows, GF might though us a curve ball and guve us Kanto Sequels, Sinnoh remakes and a third new region game in the same generation next time.

But who knows, GF might though us a curve ball and guve us Kanto Sequels, Sinnoh remakes and a third new region game in the same generation next time.
I doubt it. Under the safe assumption that Game Freak want to do something with the New 3DS rather than wait for the successor, Generation VII will definitely last 3 years at most, which should mean just two releases like Generation V and presumably this generation.

If they want to revisit Kanto as part of the 20th anniversary, the new region will probably only get one paired release. I don't see anything wrong with that if they actually make the initial versions as fulfilling as possible, even if that entails DLC.

Okay, I just had this crazy thought that a lot of people might not like, but that I could see Game Freak doing. Seeing as how XY seemed like a rushed game with numerous plotholes due to pressure from Nintendo, what if they they just leave Gen. VI unfinished to move on to the next generation... only for the first pair of Gen. VII to be a complete overhaul of the existing XY games?

Yes, it would be a huge slap in the face to people who've already bought the games, but it seems that in general, a lot of people have certain complaints about XY that will most likely never be addressed. To name a few:
  • Plotholes like your rivals never using their Kanto starter they got from Prof. Sycamore (though Masuda admitted that the Mega Kanto starters were a last-minute decision) and Mega Evolution being a new thing that's exclusive to Kalos (as implied by Sycamore's dialogue, which was retconned by ORAS and XY existing in the same universe) really both some people. An overhauled pair of Kalos games could fix that.
  • People not only complained about the lackluster amount of Kalos natives, but the fact that their distribution made it so that the older Pokemon overshadowed the Kalos mons. Since the overhaul would technically a new generation, we get more Pokémon introduced into Kalos to make up for the lackluster amount of new Pokémon Kalos had before. It also could solve the poor distribution of Kalos-native Pokémon vs. old Pokémon somewhat.
  • Despite being talked about a lot, and the fact that your mother used to do it, Ryhorn Racing was never really something we could participate in. IF we got an overhaul of the Kalos games, they could add racing minigames with Ryhorn races, Skiddo races, Lapras races, and maybe a few more!
  • The Legendary birds were never touched upon, even though they were present. Sea Spirit's Den seemed to imply a connection to the Legendary Birds to Lugia in the games, and I expected Lugia to be a DLC Pokémon for Kalos once you bring all the Legendary Birds there. We could have also had some random stranger give us exposition on the connection Lugia has with the Legendary Birds. Instead, you find Lugia crammed into a Mirage Spot in ORAS that requires you to have the Legendary Beasts in your party, not the Legendary Birds, in order to get said Mirage Spot. That's a real waste.
  • Mewtwo and its Mega Evolution were heavily promotedfor XY, and yet it doesn't even get a role. They don't even have a post-game side-plot dedicated to it. Game Freak could have used this as an excuse to revisit Mewtwo's plot and expand on it, but they just stuck it in some cave instead.

Basically, XY had a ton of potential, but all this just fell flat due to poor planning. An overhaul of the XY games, especially the plot, could fix all of those holes.

I have a weird Idea that makes me think Gen VI is actually a trilogy which tells the story of Mega Evolution.

First, Zygarde. Does it seem odd that his stat total like Kyurem is lower than the other 2 legendary trio members? and like Kyurem has 2 moves that can't be accessed yet. I believe the next game will be X2/Y2 with Zygarde as the main legendary and I believe his new forms are Mega Evolutions. His stat total is 600 and if he is like Kyurem whos new forms are 700 then Zygarde would have hs stat total increased by 100 and like other Mega Evolved Pokemon, Mega Evolution would do just that (Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y) but I feel like, Zygardes 2 moves are what makes it mega evolved, like Rayquaza. The reason why you can't do it by hackers might be because its Mega Evolution is not in the code and only X2/Y2 players can do this. Either that or there will be Mega Stones and the moves were added like Kyogres Origin Pulse.

Lastly, Looker and the Ghost Girl, in both X/Y and OR/AS you run into a Ghost Girl and Looker. Ghost Girl seems to be searching for "The One" but who is this "One". Is "The One" the playable character in X2/Y2 and if so, why is he/she so important? Is there a new threat or is Team Flare bigger than we imagined? As for Looker he assists you in stopping Xerosic in X/Y but in OR/AS he has amnesia and appeared to be washed up in the beach. What happened to him, if there is an X2/Y2 would "what happened to Looker" be revealed. Maybe a mysterious villain is pulling the strings and only Looker knows who it is but he has amnesia so he can't remember.

The whole Gen seems based on the Mega Evolution, while we find more about it, I don't think we have all the questions answered. I'm thinking Zygarde is the real key to finding out mega evolution.

Last edited:
There are some great theories on this thread! I'm going to go out on a limb with the little knowledge of Pokemon that I do have and say that the next installment in the series will be a sequel, X2 and Y2 much like Black 2 and White 2, could be wrong but hey... That's just a theory... A GAME Theory! (Yes I did just make that reference)

I dont think gen VI is a trilogy. I think we will get Z instead of XY2. Also, i dont think that looker appearing in both XY and ORAS points to a trilogy. I think that he having amnesia is there to explain why he didnt appear in RSE or in RBY. He probably was sent to stop team aqua or magma, but there was an acident and he had amnesia.

I dont think gen VI is a trilogy. I think we will get Z instead of XY2. Also, i dont think that looker appearing in both XY and ORAS points to a trilogy. I think that he having amnesia is there to explain why he didnt appear in RSE or in RBY. He probably was sent to stop team aqua or magma, but there was an acident and he had amnesia.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if GF just opted to dummy out those moves hen they decided against rehashing the Kyurem treatment for Zygarde.

That reminds me; were the alleged signature moves of Zygarde found in ORAS?

Actually, a trilogy idea makes a whole lot of sense, considering how many mysteries were left unsolved by X and Y. The last two series of games (XY and ORAS) have an interesting overarching theme in mega evolution, which previous games have not had. Add to that all of the weird hints/foreshadowing and unreleased content hidden in the game data, and at the very least it seems to be the case that Game Freak have a very definite plan as to how the next recent game is going to tie in with previous games in a relationship which we have not seen thus far in pokemon games. This is an interesting parallel, since pokemon bank was promised as a system where pokemon from the current generation will be transferable into future games. Basically all the games will hence forth be connected in a way that they previously have not been. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the next pokemon game was very carefully planned to be a part of the current series and was in the works during the conception of Kalos. Very likely the Strange Souvenir and other hints like the Ghost girl are very real foreshadowing and not random add-ins and are very likely to be resolved in the future.

The question then is the form that the next pokemon game will take. XY2 as a direct sequel actually seems like a realistic possibility, considering there are still some event pokemon for the games which have not been released (Volcanion and Hoopa) and story elements which have been left hanging (Ghost Girl, Strange Souvenir, Zygarde, etc.) In BW/BW2, Kyurem was another pokemon, like Zygarde, which existed in the game, but had very little back story, and was then fleshed out in the sequel game. On the other hand, Hoopa seems to have a significant presence in ORAS, which suggests that these loose ends could be resolved in completely separate games. Basically, as I see it, the most likely scenario for the next game are these:

- We get a direct sequel to XY, which will most likely confirm the existence of alternative timelines in the series, and within which Zygarde and Hoopa will be explored. The elements are likely things planned to be included in XY, but which hadn't been able to be implemented in time for release or were planned to be implemented in a sequel from the beginning.
OR
- We get a new region with a storyline that directly ties itself to the events in Kalos and ORAS-Hoenn in a way we haven't seen since Gold/Silver Kanto-Johto, (i.e. events in XY/ORAS directly influence the storyline and are frequently referenced) and which features Hoopa prominently. The reason Hoopa's data was in XY, was because the scenario for this game/region was already part of the discussion for XY.

I'm with the triology theory. If there is a third game, either it takes place in the far future, or its a prequel taking place 3000 years ago

I have a question, guys. Has there ever been a pokemon event released for more than the most recent pokemon game? Such as, an event pokemon you could get in your HGSS game released after Black And White already came out to supersede it? I ask because it has some direct bearing on the possibility of DLC content.

I have a question, guys. Has there ever been a pokemon event released for more than the most recent pokemon game? Such as, an event pokemon you could get in your HGSS game released after Black And White already came out to supersede it? I ask because it has some direct bearing on the possibility of DLC content.

I'm gonna assume that you mean inter-generational events or events that occur afte the generation is emnat for is obsolete so the reults I'll bring up will be with those (and the delay between the games release dates) in mind

• Event Chimchar. Pokemon Centre Birthday. September 12th to November 3rd 2010. Black and White was released to Japan on September 16th 2010 making this event concurrent

And that seems to be about it. And even then it started before the games were released so that may not count. Apart from pokemon from Spinoffs like Ranger or Battle Revolution I don't think there would be an event that starts after the games its meant for are obsoleted by more current game

The initial versions always get events even after newer games are released. HGSS and BW were not part of the same generation, so I am not sure why you used that example. In Japan, FRLG and Emerald actually got a Mysteryticket (and Eon Ticket for Emerald) distribution a few months after DP's release.

- We get a direct sequel to XY, which will most likely confirm the existence of alternative timelines in the series, and within which Zygarde and Hoopa will be explored. The elements are likely things planned to be included in XY, but which hadn't been able to be implemented in time for release or were planned to be implemented in a sequel from the beginning.
OR
- We get a new region with a storyline that directly ties itself to the events in Kalos and ORAS-Hoenn in a way we haven't seen since Gold/Silver Kanto-Johto, (i.e. events in XY/ORAS directly influence the storyline and are frequently referenced) and which features Hoopa prominently. The reason Hoopa's data was in XY, was because the scenario for this game/region was already part of the discussion for XY.
I really don't see why Hoopa Unbound would even exist in ORAS if it were going to be the highlight of a new game. You could use Mega Latias and Latios as a counter-argument, but they didn't even have anything tying them to XY whereas Hoopa does have a Prison Bottle event.

The initial versions always get events even after newer games are released. HGSS and BW were not part of the same generation, so I am not sure why you used that example. In Japan, FRLG and Emerald actually got a Mysteryticket (and Eon Ticket for Emerald) distribution a few months after DP's release.

It was the only example I found (I thought I was look at all events of a given year, not just the event pokemon so I missed that ticket thing).

As for why I used it, well Noir wnated to see if there were events for past gen games that started aster a later gen was released (Though given the tickets, you probably already knew that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom