• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've known about Pokken for over 2 years now. It's just not worth hyping up an announcement, to then say, oh yeah that game we told you about 2 years ago and came out in Japan last year, well we're gonna put it on another platform.

Masuda the creator of the main series mentioned frequently an announcement at the opening. It's not a huge stretch to assume he was talking about the games he's in charge of, not someone elses.

Anyone know when Yokai watch comes out in the EU? I warn you Game Freak, if you lose me, you may not get me back!
Is Yokai watch going to be good? I've looked up let's plays and I think it looks boring. I don't think this game should be a concern for Pokemon but to each there own I guess.

Huh. An annoucement was made, but not what we expected. Niotgonna say its a huge disappointment, but I am not gonna say its not a big deal. Ifno games get announced along with the Anime stuff, then a February release is off the table. Which then leads me to ask,when exactly? No way will we be getting the formes a good year before the games, but another symmer release like B2W2 rubs me the wrong way.

Huh. An annoucement was made, but not what we expected. Niotgonna say its a huge disappointment, but I am not gonna say its not a big deal. Ifno games get announced along with the Anime stuff, then a February release is off the table. Which then leads me to ask,when exactly? No way will we be getting the formes a good year before the games, but another symmer release like B2W2 rubs me the wrong way.
What's wrong with a summer realease? That would be the closest year to date of the 20th anniversary right?

What's wrong with a summer realease? That would be the closest year to date of the 20th anniversary right?

Well to be fair I'm judging my opinion off the E3 trailer

[video=youtube;DgFch8WV0dY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgFch8WV0dY[/video]

Either way it looks a lot better than just button mashing like Tekken/Pokken

Yokai attack on their own. You don't have to do anything during battles. Yokai Watch seems dumb to me because of that.

Yokai attack on there own. You don't have to do anything during battles. Yokai Watch seems dumb to me because of that.

really? he seems to be picking attacks, or at least powerups in the trailer? :/ Im not saying its gonna be as good as pokemon main series, but it looks better than just button smashing on Pokken

Yokai attack on there own. You don't have to do anything during battles. Yokai Watch seems dumb to me because of that.

really? he seems to be picking attacks, or at least powerups in the trailer? :/ Im not saying its gonna be as good as pokemon main series, but it looks better than just button smashing on Pokken

Well you get to play little touch screen mini games for power up attacks if that's your thing.

Umm... when did this turn into a Yokai Watch thread? :O we best be getting back on topic before we get our asses whooped.

There's still an 11 PM announcement....so....not gonna get my hopes up...i'll try my hardest....nope.

The Masuda announcement I mainly care about is a Mega Evolution patch between ORAS, XY and the new game, whenever they announce that. Cause I don't think I'm interested in revisitting Kalos... unless... Something BIG has been done there. Something the size of B2W2 kinda thing.

I just don't know what to expect from GF...

And about the new games, I think they will get a bigger hype period than usual, I expect the games to get released in Summer... Not earlier, cause PMD deserves to be the central thing at least for some time. Cause it IS pretty popular right? I'm asking cause I'm not a fan of those spinoffs.

Last edited:
I don't recall anything about an 11pm announcement and there's nothing on the schedule they are just going to keep playing Pokemon VGC at that time.

Well I have no interest in buying a Wii U or the game. So not really at all bothered by this announcement.

Oh well, still got something coming from CoroCoro next month!

Yeah, not buying a Wii U just for that. Luckily, my boyfriend has one. ;)

If Masuda does make an announcement at World's, it will most likely be a main series title; Game Freak never worked on the spin-offs.

LOL the announcement was Pokkén, which is a spin-off.

The Masuda announcement I mainly care about is a Mega Evolution patch between ORAS, XY

Yeah, we're never getting that. It's been almost a full year, they're not making any patches. Hell, they haven't even updated Pokédex 3D Pro/Pokédex for iOS since Genesect was revealed. They don't really care about keeping everything up to date, even if their fans waste $40 on everything.

I wouldn't say we got trolled per se. They didn't hype it up or anything, just asked us to tune in. If they had teased something especially for worlds then sure but at the moment the only disappointment should be from hyping yourself up. We still have the closing ceremony and I'm certain we'll see an announcement before September's Corocoro.

I understand that, and yes, it's hopeful to look forward to next month's Corocoro, but it doesn't change the fact that it's disappointing... Disappointing for a game we already knew about, coming to the Wii U (a console that sold horribly, and I won't be buying one for this), AND I was cool with knowing about the game, and not having it, because to me; it is limited, in characters, in story, just in everything... it's just something to bide our time in my eyes... Pokken would be good if they took advantage of the other Seven Hundred and Twenty One Pokémon that are available, not limit us to something so mediocre and disrespectful lol.

It's fine to not be interested in Pokken, it's not my type of thing either but you gotta understand that it's a fighting game, so each pokemon takes a lot more time to develop and produce. I'm sure they'll still be adding characters to the game. It may not be much in our eyes but for many other fans it could be something really amazing that they can't wait to play. Also, if not ported to the wii u where else would they port it to? Surely you weren't expecting it for a Sony or Microsoft console?

We've known about Pokken for over 2 years now. It's just not worth hyping up an announcement, to then say, oh yeah that game we told you about 2 years ago and came out in Japan last year, well we're gonna put it on another platform.

Again how did they hype up the announcement? The official accounts didn't say much and only Masuda asked people to tune in, which could have been just for the opening ceremony without any reveal and that would have been perfectly ok as well. Up until now we knew the game existed and that was that. No knowledge of a release date, platform, etc. This was closer to a formal announcement than the sneak peek we saw in 2013.

Masuda the creator of the main series mentioned frequently an announcement at the opening. It's not a huge stretch to assume he was talking about the games he's in charge of, not someone elses.
That's only because you went in expecting a new game, which is silly considering there was no hinting or anything.

There's still an 11 PM announcement....so....not gonna get my hopes up...i'll try my hardest....nope.

I'm so gullible, literally nintendo just reeled me in only to then punch me in the gut, then you say that and instantly im hooked on the bait again and now waiting for the next announcement!

The anniversary is at the end of February.

Ahh OK

And I kind of think Yokai Watch is on topic considering people seem to think it's affecting Pokemon in some way.

Exactly, Yokai is challenging Pokemon in Japan, it's rapidly outselling Gen 6 games, and has apparently already had a movie which received much better ratings than the XY two. I think Pokemon/Game Freak have become complacent over the decades, and this has effected their quality of games. There not as innovative as they used to be, and that obviously effects their long term future. They've had a sort of base in Japan, which is now weakening with this new kid on the block saying actually lets do something different.

Competition can only be a good thing. Pokemon and Digimon went head to head, Pokemon came out the winner, so now with Pokemon against yokai, either Yokai becomes better than Pokemon and we get better games that way, OR, my preferred option, it gives Game Freak/Pokemon the required kick up the butt to actually start giving fans what they want, and not some reheated bland filler.

No more dashes, typewriting keyboards, summer camp apps, or dull tie ins like Pokken.

Sometimes filler or a spin off can be good, ranger, conquest, and maybe mystery dungeon (personally dont like PMD but acknowledge others do) but DONT OVERDO IT!

I'm so gullible, literally nintendo just reeled me in only to then punch me in the gut, then you say that and instantly im hooked on the bait again and now waiting for the next announcement!

The anniversary is at the end of February.

Ahh OK

And I kind of think Yokai Watch is on topic considering people seem to think it's affecting Pokemon in some way.

Exactly, Yokai is challenging Pokemon in Japan, it's rapidly outselling Gen 6 games, and has apparently already had a movie which received much better ratings than the XY two. I think Pokemon/Game Freak have become complacent over the decades, and this has effected their quality of games. There not as innovative as they used to be, and that obviously effects their long term future. They've had a sort of base in Japan, which is now weakening with this new kid on the block saying actually lets do something different.

Competition can only be a good thing. Pokemon and Digimon went head to head, Pokemon came out the winner, so now with Pokemon against yokai, either Yokai becomes better than Pokemon and we get better games that way, OR, my preferred option, it gives Game Freak/Pokemon the required kick up the butt to actually start giving fans what they want, and not some reheated bland filler.

No more dashes, typewriting keyboards, summer camp apps, or dull tie ins like Pokken.

Sometimes filler or a spin off can be good, ranger, conquest, and maybe mystery dungeon (personally dont like PMD but acknowledge others do) but DONT OVERDO IT!

I guess I don't see how Yokai Watch is outselling Pokemon considering it seems like it's an inferior game. But once again if I'm in the minority on that then that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom