• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they do two games with zygarde one set in hoenn "Delta Z" with the evil team who were using hoopa being there in Hoenns desert zygardes in hoenn because of hoopa, the evil team brought him with them to use him in this version he has a primal reversion because of the "green orb"

and in the other version it takes place in kalos called "XYZ" the evil team is here too only this is before they're sent into the desert by hoopa (so the games would take place at differnt times making this one a prequel to the other) in this version you try to stop them with zygarde and he has a mega evolution that can be used the same way rayquaza mega evolves by teaching him thousand arrows or thousand waves (moves likely to be version exclusive) but at the end hoppa rings appear and their hideout disappears and your zygarde goes with them only to be returned to you in the post game by hoopa (zygarde taken during the climax so the story of Delta Z can happen) but in both versions you can catch zygarde, its just not required in Delta Z.

That would be unpredictable and pretty epic (but never happening) but I could see him getting a primal reversion and a mega evolution.

That's not going to happen. Like I said in past posts on this forum from last evening. The game isn't about the story. Meaning they aren't out to explain every single thing they reveal. Mew and other legendary Pokemon are still wrapped in mystery. They DON'T have to explain anything and they usually don't. Hope hope hope hope, but hope without reason is pointless and silly. They are moving onto Generation VII.

The only reason that I can think of for them not to move onto Generation VII is because they may remake all the previous Generation games into Generation VI graphics and add new things to them. Kinda like a complete reboot. However that would take too much time and people might get sick of waiting. However this may be why they refused to release Pokemon Generation 1-5 onto the eStore of the Nintendo 3DS. Which is pointless because all legendary Pokemon are available in ORAS accept for the three new ones, Mewtwo and the birds.

Here is an expanded theory; it is completely possible that they are moving away from event legendary Pokemon seeing how they officially made Deoxy catchable in a game without having an event item to do so. It's quite possible that when and if they remake again Generation 1 that they will put Mew in it, and the same for all the other generation games when they get to them.

However I think we are done for remakes for a long long time. BECAUSE you can play on the Nintendo 3DS Generation 4-6. So there is no reason to remake Generation 4 or 5. Even since just recently they got rid of selling Generation 5 in stores.

Its for specultion dude -.- don't act like you know what gamefreaks going to do next, there doesn't have to be hints of whats going to happen we speculate until we see what they have next saying something will or will not happen is only going to bite you in the butt when the next games come out, alot of people said Hoenn wasn't going to get remade because ruby and sapphire are still compatible with x/y (through alot of transferring) or because Hoenn was horrible (subjective I love hoenn)

All we can can do is guess based off of old patterns. Nothing is definitive (altough a singular third version with zygarde seems to be out the window since its predicable) But gen 6 isn't over, masuda said they're "wrapping up x/ys story in a unique way" Ignoring it doesn't seem unique to me, and yes the story is a thing many people love b/w for its story (only good thing about the games to me) I loved emeralds story infact I used to reset it multiple times because I loved it that much. so you think the story is not important. Thats subjective many people like the story of platinum even. I think the story is one of the most important parts of any game. if every pokemon game was battling and no story I'd stop buying them.

ANd lastly you know gamefreaks doing something with zygarde if its dlc, a third version or sequels or whatever else he was created for a reason. mew and mewtwo may not have a story but thats because theres nothing more to them then a clone and the original, the movies exist to try and expand upon this, but until a game comes out with a mew and mewtwo centric story mewtwo exists to be an awesome legend to get the gen(you know whats) hyped when he shows up.

Oh look mewtwo has a new form, oh no wait TWO FORMS OH MA GAWD! and charizard too btw
oh mewtwo dlc go buy both versions of smash bros a 3ds and a wii u
oh look a mew event its cool because its cute and releated to mewtwo come to gamestop and we'll force pre orders on you while you're here.

simply put mewtwo and mew are gimmicks (for now) same with every event mon, most legends have a lore behind them of some kind ( I suppose mew does alittle) no matter how little. (save for some event mons why does manaphy and phoine exists again?) But every main stream legend has some lore right now except zygarde until thats fixed.

Also I already said and I admit my idea is probably not happening but it would be cool if it did

Last edited:
That's not going to happen. Like I said in past posts on this forum from last evening. The game isn't about the story. Meaning they aren't out to explain every single thing they reveal. Mew and other legendary Pokemon are still wrapped in mystery. They DON'T have to explain anything and they usually don't. Hope hope hope hope, but hope without reason is pointless and silly. They are moving onto Generation VII.

With that line of thinking, then they shouldn't have made B/W/BW2 and ORAS/Delta Episode as story-centric as they are. And to a lesser extent, Platinum and the poorly-written X/Y. I'm not saying that they absolutely have to start explaining every single detail, but to say that "the games are not about the story" as an excuse to blow off future speculations is almost redundant. It's pretty obvious right now that Game Freak is starting to put a little more emphasis on the storylines of these games than they have in the past.

First and foremost the game is about playing with other people, the story is to help people get through the glorified intro/tutorial. That is all the story is for.

So the ability to trade and battle with other people, need I remind you that not everybody does that, automatically trumps the idea and concept of enjoying a storyline in these particular games? Like what Mitchman had just said, you really are in the wrong thread if you couldn't give two Raticate's butts about the story. In case you didn't realize by now, there's a LOT more to these games than just having connectivity with other players. It's also about you "going on a journey", which you can expect exploration and a storyline to go with it. Saying that the story is only there to "help you get through the game" is redundant because of the fact that GF or any other company can just as easily create a game that's solely based on connectivity with others and still make great money.

You have no idea if I know facts or not, you don't know if I have informants from Game Freak or not. So I would watch where your speculation goes because some people are in positions of power to state you are wrong or right.

Lol but you are not the character. You are the controller of the character with imagination. I love story, however the main purpose next to money is to get people playing with each other. If it was story then put your game down and wait for the next one, or nuke your game and play again. Don't save those Pocket Monsters just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vegito: I think I'm smart enough to differentiate between fantasy and reality. Now, it seems like you're grasping at straws with comments bordering on flamebait because you're being told differently than what you want to hear, and it's going to end up in a huge argument. The whole point of this entire forum is to discuss anything Pokemon-related. And IIRC, this thread in particular seems to have stemmed from the events and dialogue that took place in the Delta Episode. So therefore, those of us who find it interesting are going to discuss it. If you're going to keep shoving "who cares about the storyline" down people's throats who are in a discussion that's primarily about the story, then don't you think that you should just give it a rest?

You have no idea if I know facts or not, you don't know if I have informants from Game Freak or not. So I would watch where your speculation goes because some people are in positions of power to state you are wrong or right.

Damn, not only does this dude's uncle work for Gamefreak but he must be Masuda himself!

Your post AgentRosa is inaccurate. If people are going to discuss and everything is "welcome". Than different opinions or facts can be posted as well into the discussion. I am not flame bating nor am I grasping for straws. I was literally telling a fact that you don't know. And you come back at me with an attack because you have nothing to contribute. I am telling you and I think fuji is telling you and others it's not going to happen based on facts. Why persist to speculate when it's obviously a waist of time whether you are right or wrong? There are better things to do in life, and one of them is NOT arguing with you. I am done speaking to you.

And IIRC, this thread in particular seems to have stemmed from the events and dialogue that took place in the Delta Episode. So therefore, those of us who find it interesting are going to discuss it.
To be fair, this thread stemmed from the announcement that it would be possible to complete the National Pokédex using XY and ORAS alone. We didn't even know about the Delta Episode at the time, but some of us found it suspicious that Game Freak would make so many legendaries and starters available in ORAS rather than keeping some for a new Kalos game.

Even though I am one of the few fans who play the games primarily for the story, I'm going to have to agree with Vegito that a main series game can't rely on its story to be successful, especially if it's just an expansion of known elements. If anything, the Delta Episode proves that DLC may be the best way to expand stories rather than shoving them into the main story of a new game. Granted, it would be better if XY simply had a strong story extending to the post-game to begin with, but it's too late to change that.

Last edited:
@Silktree: I completely understand and agree with that too. But, that doesn't mean that people should try to discourage others from speculation because they don't like and/or don't agree with what's being said. Regardless if that speculation turns out to be right or wrong.

@Kallyle and @Fairy Type Arceus: Thank you, exacta-mundo.

NOW, back on topic. I think that the earliest that we might hear about Gen 7 is late spring/early summer of this year. Maybe, I don't know. We also may not hear about it until early next year. But I do have a gut feeling that a game of some sort may be released in late fall of this year. It's still January, so we have a ways to go yet. Now that GF is starting simultaneous regional announcements and releases, I think it's at the very least reasonable to think that Gen 7 is going to be announced soon. With over 700 'mons and what they've done so far with everything else, I'm psyched to see what they will come up with next... Although over 700 'mons is personally making my head overload. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing, I haven't decided yet.

Also, if there's one character that I would like to see return, it would be Zinnia. Her character is just fun and intriguing in so many ways.

Another possibility is that for speculation, I heard (and it was denied in a interview) that Canada would be next. However my true speculation is that they may make it an even 1,000 Pokemon next in the game series.

I think that the earliest that we might hear about Gen 7 is late spring/early summer of this year. Maybe, I don't know.
I expect a June Pokémon Direct (around E3) if they want to release the games in Spring 2016 (most likely late March in that case).

Another possibility is that for speculation, I heard (and it was denied in a interview) that Canada would be next. However my true speculation is that they may make it an even 1,000 Pokemon next in the game series.

1000 Pokemon? They're going from 721 to 1000? Okay, now I know you're full of crap, there's no way they'll add 279 Pokemon in one generation. We rarely even get half that much in 1 generation.

I highly doubt it either, but I'd sure like to see them try for the hell of it. They would have to make either one massive region or two different regions that are somehow connected... Not necessarily like Kanto or Johto, but I think traveling between them by boat/plane/soaring would be badass. That's another thing that I hope they bring back is soaring. That would be amazing-sauce if we could soar between regions.

But yeah... I think the most we've had in a single Gen was close to 250, right? I can't keep track.

I highly doubt it either, but I'd sure like to see them try for the hell of it. They would have to make either one massive region or two different regions that are somehow connected... Not necessarily like Kanto or Johto, but I think traveling between them by boat/plane/soaring would be badass. That's another thing that I hope they bring back is soaring. That would be amazing-sauce if we could soar between regions.

It'd be very straining on the designers, and they'd probably have to decrease quality control for it to work. I can't see it working out for them.

But yeah... I think the most we've had in a single Gen was close to 250, right? I can't keep track.

No, the highest amount of new Pokemon we had in one generation was 5th gen at 156, which is nowhere near 250. So asking for 279 new Pokemon is laughably unrealistic.

1000 Pokemon? They're going from 721 to 1000? Okay, now I know you're full of crap, there's no way they'll add 279 Pokemon in one generation. We rarely even get half that much in 1 generation.

dude i said speculation. that's it I didnt say they were going to do it. You're putting words in my mouth.

@Bolt the Cat: I don't think it's possible either for that many 'mons, but I think it would be possible if they gave us the regular amount. I would like to see what more they can do now with the 3DS in terms of the environment.

dude i said speculation. that's it I didnt say they were going to do it. You're putting words in my mouth.

Speculation or not, it's still absurd.

Speculation or not, it's still absurd.

Not absurd, let me get this straight you won't admit you were wrong when I said you are wrong that I was speculating not saying that Gamefreak said they would do that? Meaning are you right in every single case and assertion and you will not admit to me that you are wrong. I am saying this because of your choice of words in your sentences in the response you gave. You wanna go, lets go dude, I don't have anything to lose. Moderators and Admins of this forum won't do anything about you but they will come after me. I already warned them once and now it seems they actually won't enforce their rules. So I really don't care anymore, if you have a problem state and prove it or leave me a lone and stop talking/replying to me.

@Vegito It's alright bro. No need to take it so hard. You just have to remember that when speculating on a public forum you gotta have something to back up your thoughts. Y'know like trends, word of the creators, and other general evidence. Especially if it's kinda out there. Not really something to be taken personally.

The Video Game section moderation staff would like to make it clear that all users must maintain the utmost courtesy when communicating with each other. Users who make posts that are deemed to be condescending, mocking or offensive to users in any other way will receive the appropriate warnings and infractions for them.

Play nice or we'll put you in a time-out and take your toys away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom