• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in Game Freak's best interest to release 3-year generations that consist of initial versions taking place in a new region, and remakes/sequels involving an old region. Extending a generation via a third version simply means a lower number of units sold per year.

Black 2 and White 2, the games that everyone seems to believe revolutionized Gamefreak's strategy and made 3rd versions redundant, didn't actually sell that much better than if they had been a 3rd version. Emerald shifted about 6 million, Platinum seven and a half. BW2 shifted barely 8 and a half. If you take into account that sales of 3rd versions have been steadily rising (unlike generational debut main game sales, which have been falling since DP) we may predict that "Grey" version would have sold roughly what BW2 did. Of course we can never know, but it is an accurate prediction following the pattern. It's not as if BW2 being a sequel suddenly pulled in the same numbers as the paired generational debuts.

Also, Pokemon Yellow sold better than FRLG and HGSS respectively, meaning 3rd versions have not always been less of a financial pull than remakes. Of course you could argue early installment popularity, which would be fair enough. But you could also argue that doing something quirky and fun with the 3rd version makes it a better seller.

On this note, what if GF want to do something unusual and tie in the hypothetical "Z" version game to the anime? It makes a strange kind of sense; we are being shown Zygarde in all its forme-changing glory in the anime before the games, not to mention Ashninja. And as we keep being told, Masuda really wants to surprise us. Many people have been speculating about a Yellow remake...what if we got it in spirit, if not in form? Finally another game which mirrors the anime, not the other way around? I guess it would be a fun and original way to end our time in Kalos, if nothing else!

Do you remember I suggested this a while ago? iirc you said you would love it but find it unlikely.

It is in Game Freak's best interest to release 3-year generations that consist of initial versions taking place in a new region, and remakes/sequels involving an old region. Extending a generation via a third version simply means a lower number of units sold per year.

With all due respect, and I mean this in the most polite way possible. But surely Game Freak are aware of their own business model moreso than you. They've not done what you are suggesting in 20 years of the franchise, and there must be a reason for that. They like 3rd installments, they are quick and easy to make, and still sell decently.

Black 2 and White 2, the games that everyone seems to believe revolutionized Gamefreak's strategy and made 3rd versions redundant, didn't actually sell that much better than if they had been a 3rd version. Emerald shifted about 6 million, Platinum seven and a half. BW2 shifted barely 8 and a half. If you take into account that sales of 3rd versions have been steadily rising (unlike generational debut main game sales, which have been falling since DP) we may predict that "Grey" version would have sold roughly what BW2 did. Of course we can never know, but it is an accurate prediction following the pattern. It's not as if BW2 being a sequel suddenly pulled in the same numbers as the paired generational debuts.

Silktree's suggestion is to wrap up the generation in a non-traditional fashion (e.g., his app idea) and move onto a new generation, not have another Gen VI main series game.

Even if sequels only outsell originals by a marginal amount, it doesn't change the fact that longer generations mean less money in the long run--and this can't be ameliorated by releasing a new game every year as Masuda seems to want given that the fandom itself is feeling fatigued with the notion of a new game each year.

Silktree's suggestion is to wrap up the generation in a non-traditional fashion (e.g., his app idea) and move onto a new generation, not have another Gen VI main series game.

Even if sequels only outsell originals by a marginal amount, it doesn't change the fact that longer generations mean less money in the long run--and this can't be ameliorated by releasing a new game every year as Masuda seems to want given that the fandom itself is feeling fatigued with the notion of a new game each year.

A quick look at this thread will tell you that the fandom doesn't know what it wants. About 4 months ago, people were wanting to extend Gen 6, and have a nice long wait until 2016 with no game released in 2015. They got their wish, Gen 6 got extended, now the same people are saying, actually scrap Gen 6 2/3 of the way through, let's just jump forward to Gen 7, and leave everything else unfinished, or stick it on some cheap 2nd rate app.

EDIT: I consider myself part of the fandom, I want a Gen 6 installment, and I wanted it this year. Please don't include us all if your "the community is fatigued, or the community wants to skip"

A quick look at this thread will tell you that the fandom doesn't know what it wants. About 4 months ago, people were wanting to extend Gen 6, and have a nice long wait until 2016 with no game released in 2015.
The people in that camp were expecting a 20th anniversary game released in February (i.e., the actual date of the 20th anniversary) not some retread in Kalos. They expected those games to be in Gen VI. A 20th anniversary game in the form of a new generation is still in line with their expectations, unless you're one of people who can only look at issues superficially, like the "Zygarde is green and made of cells, DBZ RIP OFF!" people.

They got their wish, Gen 6 got extended, now the same people are saying, actually scrap Gen 6 2/3 of the way through, let's just jump forward to Gen 7, and leave everything else unfinished
The "unfinished" plot points are the origins of Mega Evolution, Zinnia, and Zygarde. The first two plot points can be carried onto the future--nothing stopped Looker's story from continuing past Gen IV, and the Regis got their legend expanded with Regigigas. Mega Evolution is obviously here to stay so there's no need to answer all its questions.

or stick it on some cheap 2nd rate app.
Because being released for a console means that the game is of quality--that's why the DS has never been plagued by shovelware. A game's quality should not be judged on the platform it is released, but by the quality of the game...though that may be too much to expect of this fandom given that they've ignored quality spin-offs because "its not [insert third version]"

I consider myself part of the fandom, I want a Gen 6 installment, and I wanted it this year. Please don't include us all if your "the community is fatigued, or the community wants to skip"
The irony here is that I'm being told not to lump people into groups, which I will acknowledge I should have been more clear that it was only a subset of the fandom--yet you're doing the exact same thing in the first line of your post.

Lol by that logic, let's just skip right to Gen 8, Gen 7 coming after Gen 6 is too predictable!

I deleted my post to revise it, but I assume you are responding to the original.

To future readers of this comment: At no point did my post insinuate, as this one does, that the reason we should move forward to Gen VII is because it would be "too predictable"

The original post, which I thought was too far off the mark of this topic was about how people's opinions change with new information. The above user believes that the fandom is in flux because their opinions about a game can change in four months. In those four months, we've received new information about Zygarde's forms, a new anime series, and Pokemon GO.

Last edited:
The people in that camp were expecting a 20th anniversary game released in February (i.e., the actual date of the 20th anniversary) not some retread in Kalos. They expected those games to be in Gen VI. A 20th anniversary game in the form of a new generation is still in line with their expectations, unless you're one of people who can only look at issues superficially, like the "Zygarde is green and made of cells, DBZ RIP OFF!" people.

They got their wish, Gen 6 got extended, now the same people are saying, actually scrap Gen 6 2/3 of the way through, let's just jump forward to Gen 7, and leave everything else unfinished
The "unfinished" plot points are the origins of Mega Evolution, Zinnia, and Zygarde. The first two plot points can be carried onto the future--nothing stopped Looker's story from continuing past Gen IV, and the Regis got their legend expanded with Regigigas. Mega Evolution is obviously here to stay so there's no need to answer all its questions.

or stick it on some cheap 2nd rate app.
Because being released for a console means that the game is of quality--that's why the DS has never been plagued by shovelware. A game's quality should not be judged on the platform it is released, but by the quality of the game...though that may be too much to expect of this fandom given that they've ignored quality spin-offs because "its not [insert third version]"

I consider myself part of the fandom, I want a Gen 6 installment, and I wanted it this year. Please don't include us all if your "the community is fatigued, or the community wants to skip"
The irony here is that I'm being told not to lump people into groups, which I will acknowledge I should have been more clear that it was only a subset of the fandom--yet you're doing the exact same thing in the first line of your post.

Lol by that logic, let's just skip right to Gen 8, Gen 7 coming after Gen 6 is too predictable!

I deleted my post to revise it, but I assume you are responding to the original.

To future readers of this comment: At no point did my post insinuate, as this one does, that the reason we should move forward to Gen VII is because it would be "too predictable"

The original post, which I thought was too far off the mark of this topic was about how people's opinions change with new information. The above user believes that the fandom is in flux because their opinions about a game can change in four months. In those four months, we've received new information about Zygarde's forms, a new anime series, and Pokemon GO.

Only the truly ignorant would see new information and not update their world views. To the simple minded, changing one's opinions does in fact seem like a person does not know what they want, but views didn't sporadically change overnight. They changed in light of new information.

Lol so when they announce the 3rd installment of Gen 6, whether it be a 3rd version, or sequels, and its on the 3DS, what will you do?

You seem to have something against Gen 6 or 3rd installments, I'm not quite sure which it is, but there has always been a 3rd installment, you were saying earlier how it makes business sense for them not to do one, but I think Game Freak knows more about their business after 2 decades than you.

There is so much yet to see and do in Kalos, and Masuda has already made clear his disdain for DLC, which an App would be the same as in all but name.

We've still got to see inside those other power plants, still got to see Zygardes new formes, and it's 2 signature moves, still got to see Eternal Flowette, and its signature move, and explain its past a bit more. We've still got to see Volcanion and whatever bells and whistles they decide to add onto that (mega, primal, forme etc) and also its quite likely that Malva still has a role to play.

I believe they are probably already working on Gen 7, but just because they did Gen 5 slightly different, by not doing a remake and isntead making the 3rd version a sequel, does not in any way shape or form indicate that Game Freak is just going to cut 1/3 off Gen 6, and stick it all onto some DLC app, EVEN LESS LIKELY, is Game Freak turning around and saying, oh wanna find out the answers to all your Kalos questions, well watch the anime, we covered it there, now onwards to the promised Gen 7.

And also when we are having a discussion, why do you then need to play to the gallery, "To future readers of this comment: "The above user believes" etc etc

This is not some high school political debate class thats won or lost on an audience vote. Its just a friendly discussion.

On this note, what if GF want to do something unusual and tie in the hypothetical "Z" version game to the anime? It makes a strange kind of sense; we are being shown Zygarde in all its forme-changing glory in the anime before the games, not to mention Ashninja. And as we keep being told, Masuda really wants to surprise us. Many people have been speculating about a Yellow remake...what if we got it in spirit, if not in form? Finally another game which mirrors the anime, not the other way around? I guess it would be a fun and original way to end our time in Kalos, if nothing else!

I don't think Yellow is getting remake any time soon though. We already got remakes this gen which were not exactly great and Zygarde is the one getting attention with new forms, movie and the mega evolution special. Pokemon Z is what I believe is likely to happen. Maybe next gen or two Kanto can be remade but not now.

Um...you might want to re-read my post. I was suggesting some kind of Z Version that tied in to the anime like Yellow, not an actual Yellow remake. I do not believe a Yellow remake will ever happen, personally.

Also, Pokemon Yellow sold better than FRLG and HGSS respectively, meaning 3rd versions have not always been less of a financial pull than remakes. Of course you could argue early installment popularity, which would be fair enough. But you could also argue that doing something quirky and fun with the 3rd version makes it a better seller.

Do you remember I suggested this a while ago? iirc you said you would love it but find it unlikely.

Eh, did you? I think you said something about a game for the anniversary...? (which I still, with respect, find unlikely because I just don't see a game release happening for solely celebratory reasons, more for the fact that game was simply due in the grander time scheme of releases). I have literally heard a thousand speculations in a dozen forums in the past couple of weeks, though, and by no means am arrogant enough to believe I was the first person with an idea at this point :)

With all due respect, and I mean this in the most polite way possible. But surely Game Freak are aware of their own business model moreso than you. They've not done what you are suggesting in 20 years of the franchise, and there must be a reason for that. They like 3rd installments, they are quick and easy to make, and still sell decently.

THANK YOU.

One of my pet peeves is when the fandom stops speculating and starts stating outright what Gamefreak definitely should or should not be doing, because of course we know so much better than they do. We're consumers, and we have passionate opinions, but it's taking thing a little too far to start believing we may give them business advice.

I don't think Yellow is getting remake any time soon though. We already got remakes this gen which were not exactly great and Zygarde is the one getting attention with new forms, movie and the mega evolution special. Pokemon Z is what I believe is likely to happen. Maybe next gen or two Kanto can be remade but not now.

Um...you might want to re-read my post. I was suggesting some kind of Z Version that tied in to the anime like Yellow, not an actual Yellow remake. I do not believe a Yellow remake will ever happen, personally.

Eh, did you? I think you said something about a game for the anniversary...? (which I still, with respect, find unlikely because I just don't see a game release happening for solely celebratory reasons, more for the fact that game was simply due in the grander time scheme of releases). I have literally heard a thousand speculations in a dozen forums in the past couple of weeks, though, and by no means am arrogant enough to believe I was the first person with an idea at this point :)

THANK YOU.

One of my pet peeves is when the fandom stops speculating and starts stating outright what Gamefreak definitely should or should not be doing, because of course we know so much better than they do. We're consumers, and we have passionate opinions, but it's taking thing a little too far to start believing we may give them business advice.

No, my idea was having a Pokemon Z inspired by the anime, like Yellow was. Basically what you just said. Only that I mentioned the anniversary as the reason for such a game. Maybe I didn't explain that clearly enough back then but that's the idea. And im not trying to demonstrate I came up with it before you of course, just glad to see that you share the hypothesis... :D

Last edited:
I think it's natural for fans to come to conclusions about sales (and thus, what is more profitable) when websites make reports about series sales, and how they fare against past instalments. I remember Siliconera doing it a few times over the years as Gen V/VI went by.

A quick look at this thread will tell you that the fandom doesn't know what it wants. About 4 months ago, people were wanting to extend Gen 6, and have a nice long wait until 2016 with no game released in 2015. They got their wish, Gen 6 got extended, now the same people are saying, actually scrap Gen 6 2/3 of the way through, let's just jump forward to Gen 7, and leave everything else unfinished, or stick it on some cheap 2nd rate app.

As someone who has been on both sides of the fence, I'll try and shed a bit of light.

A lot has happened between now and 4 months ago. The Hoopa movie is out, Zygarde's forms revealed, a new anime season announced, we now have a rough Pokken release date, the Pokemon Sunday show is changing, Pokemon Go announced, we're closer to the 20th Anniversary...but still nothing on new main series games. Zero, zip, zilch, nada.

I'm not re-listing all the evidence, as it's scattered about through the past 20 or so pages of this thread. The chances are, you've likely seen it. My opinion that we may see Gen VII next year stems from a culmination of said evidence.

I'm open to both ideas, of Gen VI continuing, or Gen VII.

The thing I don't want to see is a re-telling of X/Y, edited and tweaked to suit Zygarde, with extras added. Anything they could add to a game like that could be added into a sequel, prequel or a different kind of Kalos game. Don't get me wrong, I will still play it, and very likely enjoy it, but I would think that there would be more opportunity for new content and new storylines in something that isn't reliant upon a previous game to serve as its basis.

No, my idea was having a Pokemon Z inspired by the anime, like Yellow was. Basically what you just said. Only that I mentioned the anniversary as the reason for such a game. Maybe I didn't explain that clearly enough back then but that's the idea. And im not trying to demonstrate I came up with it before you of course, just glad to see that you share the hypothesis... :D

Lol, it's probable you did come up with it first and it's just taken me a few more weeks of mentally spinning my wheels in this news drought to catch up ^^; It's a fun idea and would sure surprise the fandom! The anime has served as a long-running commercial for the games for years, turning the tables would sure be interesting and would likely gain them better ratings for that season!

I think it's natural for fans to come to conclusions about sales (and thus, what is more profitable) when websites make reports about series sales, and how they fare against past instalments. I remember Siliconera doing it a few times over the years as Gen V/VI went by.

It is natural. To some extent, refereeing from the sidelines is a popular thing for all fans to do in any fandom. But as much as we like to speculate, and even use numbers to back up our opinions, it seems a little overbearing to start declaring what others should or will do with their business because it is 'best' for them. Ultimately they'll do whatever they wanna do. And we'll buy it and like it because we are devoted suckers.

Someone on Pokebeach just pointed this out, but there was a hint to Zygarde 10% all along.

Zygarde 50 is a serpent with no visible mouth, yet can learn bite, crunch and extremespeed! So clearly Zygarde 10 has been planned from the beginning, and will almost definitely be usable.

Just really hope Zygarde Core is usable too!

Someone on Pokebeach just pointed this out, but there was a hint to Zygarde 10% all along.

Zygarde 50 is a serpent with no visible mouth, yet can learn bite, crunch and extremespeed! So clearly Zygarde 10 has been planned from the beginning, and will almost definitely be usable.

Just really hope Zygarde Core is usable too!
I think Zygarde core will act as a secondary starter to us in the games ( Kinda how the elemental monkeys were in Black and White) Meaning we'll get it early in the game but as the story progresses it'll evolve as we evolve as trainers .
I'm predicting its BST will be like this
Zygarde core- 313
10%-530
50%- 600
Perfect- 780 or 700
This would be a nice change of pace and it would make Zygarde a lot more than just a cover legendary .

I think Zygarde core will act as a secondary starter to us in the games ( Kinda how the elemental monkeys were in Black and White) Meaning we'll get it early in the game but as the story progresses it'll evolve as we evolve as trainers .
Zygarde core- 313
10%-530
50%- 600
Perfect- 780 or 700
This would be a nice change of pace and it would make Zygarde a lot more than just a cover legendary .
when would you propose Zygarde undergoes its changes?

Zygarde core- 313
10%-530
50%- 600
Perfect- 780 or 700

Well, to me, X and Y never quite made sense, in that, in X, how did Xerneas the Life Pokemon power a weapon that killed things, and in Y how did Yveltal, the death/destruction Pokemon give eternal life to AZ and his Floette.

So I think Z will retcon it so the ultimate weapon takes both Xerneas and Yveltal, similar to how in Platinum Cyrus was trying to summon both Dialga and Palkia.

So I agree with @Desdar300; that we could get Zygarde Core really early on, maybe in place of the Kanto starter or around about that time. Then some point around the 3rd 4th badge, or when you enter a new area, something happens that requires Zygarde Core to become 10%, who then reaches 50% some time around the 7th or 8th badge, to then become Perfect for the final main villain who has both Xerneas and Yveltal. Something would then happen reducing Zygarde to 50% and then something akin to DNA splicers is given to us post game, or something along those lines allowing us to get perfect forme again.

OR, maybe Zygarde wont be usable catchable throughout the main game but in the post game we can find the cores and the cells.

I'd purpose that'll all happen through story events as the game goes on.

Zygarde core- 313
10%-530
50%- 600
Perfect- 780 or 700

Well, to me, X and Y never quite made sense, in that, in X, how did Xerneas the Life Pokemon power a weapon that killed things, and in Y how did Yveltal, the death/destruction Pokemon give eternal life to AZ and his Floette.

So I think Z will retcon it so the ultimate weapon takes both Xerneas and Yveltal, similar to how in Platinum Cyrus was trying to summon both Dialga and Palkia.

So I agree with @Desdar300; that we could get Zygarde Core really early on, maybe in place of the Kanto starter or around about that time. Then some point around the 3rd 4th badge, or when you enter a new area, something happens that requires Zygarde Core to become 10%, who then reaches 50% some time around the 7th or 8th badge, to then become Perfect for the final main villain who has both Xerneas and Yveltal. Something would then happen reducing Zygarde to 50% and then something akin to DNA splicers is given to us post game, or something along those lines allowing us to get perfect forme again.

OR, maybe Zygarde wont be usable catchable throughout the main game but in the post game we can find the cores and the cells.

Indeed, to me it seems like GF wants to flush out the Kalos mons a bit more so I doubt we'll be getting Kanto starters again so Zygarde core will take their place.
Plus I think the term TPCI used (flowers) assures that we'll be seeing another Kalos game especially since Ash Greninja bears a resemblance to AZ's Floette and maybe when the Kalos starters undergo their eternal transformation they gain a new signature move like Floette's Light of Ruin

Remember what the weapon originally was - it was a revival machine that was powered by the life force of thousands of Pokemon. Their graves line Route 10. It was only later, after Floette's return from death, that AZ turned it into a weapon. Also, it wasn't the legendary Pokemon that gave AZ & Floette eternal life - it was the weapon's power that caused that. Also, in X, Lysandre says he will grant the player unending life. In Y, he just says he'll show the player what it's remaining power can do. Possibly a reflection of the Pokemon being used to power the weapon in the version you're playing.

Bulbapedia said:
"<player>, Sycamore's pupils... Let us live forever... That's right! I shall grant you eternal life! I'll give you the pain of endlessly waiting for a beautiful world to finally be built!"

Lysandre isn't in posession of the legendary Pokemon at that point, the player catches it. So it has to be the revival machine/weapon's effects that caused that. I actually have a theory that AZ & Floette are not actually immortal - but simply living until the lives of all the Pokemon sacrificed to make the revival machine work run out, so to speak, and then they will die. Granted, this could take thousands of years.

As for Xerneas powering the weapon...well, maybe the weapon isn't fussy on where it gets its power from? After all, thousands of Pokemon were sacrificed to power it originally. Maybe one legendary is enough to equate that much energy all by itself? I don't think it's elaborated upon.

Remember what the weapon originally was - it was a revival machine that was powered by the life force of thousands of Pokemon. Their graves line Route 10. It was only later, after Floette's return from death, that AZ turned it into a weapon. Also, it wasn't the legendary Pokemon that gave AZ & Floette eternal life - it was the weapon's power that caused that. Also, in X, Lysandre says he will grant the player unending life. In Y, he just says he'll show the player what it's remaining power can do. Possibly a reflection of the Pokemon being used to power the weapon in the version you're playing.

Bulbapedia said:
"<player>, Sycamore's pupils... Let us live forever... That's right! I shall grant you eternal life! I'll give you the pain of endlessly waiting for a beautiful world to finally be built!"

Lysandre isn't in posession of the legendary Pokemon at that point, the player catches it. So it has to be the revival machine/weapon's effects that caused that. I actually have a theory that AZ & Floette are not actually immortal - but simply living until the lives of all the Pokemon sacrificed to make the revival machine work run out, so to speak, and then they will die. Granted, this could take thousands of years.

As for Xerneas powering the weapon...well, maybe the weapon isn't fussy on where it gets its power from? After all, thousands of Pokemon were sacrificed to power it originally. Maybe one legendary is enough to equate that much energy all by itself? I don't think it's elaborated upon.
Not to be rude you've completely missed the point.

Yes I know the story in both, but it's a very clunky and not too logical one.

Like in sapphire how the meteorite will dry the volcano and rain somehow fills it to make a water area. Yeah it's explained but it still doesn't make that much sense.

And in diamond how a time pokemon will create a new world I guess you can argue a case but a version where you need both time and space pokemon makes more sense.

Same here, x and y both kind of gloss over how this weapon revival machine changes or even how it works and trying to grant someone eternal life as a punishment yeah I can see the explanation but death is much more likely.

Hence why I think in the retcon the use of the weapon will depend on the pokemon in it.

So AZ will use Xerness to bring back floette and yveltal as the weapon side.

The two together makes much more sense.

So I am following this thread a while now and I also want to share my opinion about the next games.

But first I want to say, that Generation 7 will never happen next year. That Go timeline they shown have nothing to do with it. They only wanted to show us how long the series is running and the 2016 spot was only there to mark the 20th year of the franchise. The japanese text also said that.
Also generations doesn't start early in the year. They release them in the holidays for more sells, especially for such important games like the first games in the generation, which generate the most sells. Generation I was an exception because they haven't known that Pokemon will be a juggernaut in the game franchise.

Now based on the new Zygarde form and the OR/AS and X/Y Pokebank game dumps, we should expect one more game release to happen for generation VI. We are now super late into the year and a release for new games this year is very unlikely. So the most likely scenario would be a February - April release in 2016. A new generation in the same year is almost impossible. This isn't like Emerald that came out a couple months after FR/LG, we are speaking of a brand new generation and that need several months for hyping up the new generation. When they want to announce the new generation? A month after Z? That would kill the sells for Z. Only 3-4 months before the release? Not that much build up for the hype of a brand new generation.

Releasing a new generation early year would be like I said bad for the sells, since this is pretty much the time the hot part of the year starts with many people doing something outside of their houses.

That being said, there are more hints for a late 2017 release for gen 7:

- Two event pokemon still uncovered. I don't think they spam out two event pokemon at once next year. There's no evidence of AZ Floette appearing in the series with the result of being the Meloette of this generation.
- We need the typical "Next generaton promoting Pokemon/Forme movie" we got in every generation. We don't know if such a pokemon will appear in the next movie. Zygarde will appear as we know now and who else?
- Volcanion needs it's own movie like every event legendary from this and the 5th generation. If the 7th gen promo monster isn't a new form of an already existing pokemon like Mega-Mewtu Y, then there should be another XY movie in 2017

So I think we will get the last gen VI games in the first half of 2016 (like BW2) and then the new generation coming out one and a half year after that in fall 2017 (like X/Y coming after BW2 one and a half year after)

Not to be rude you've completely missed the point. Yes I know the story in both, but it's a very clunky and not too logical one.

I didn't really have a point, merely pointing out things you hadn't mentioned/any inaccuracy. Should have mentioned that. Oops.

But first I want to say, that Generation 7 will never happen next year.

Okay Masuda :p jk, I notice this is your first post! Welcome to the forums :)

generations doesn't start early in the year. They release them in the holidays for more sells, especially for such important games like the first games in the generation, which generate the most sells.

Which is why an early 2016 reveal, with an late 2016 release, could fit the time frame. A new Pokemon from Gen VII could feature in the new movie, potentially alongside Volcanion, and maybe Zygarde. I'll get to that in a bit.

We are now super late into the year and a release for new games this year is very unlikely. So the most likely scenario would be a February - April release in 2016. A new generation in the same year is almost impossible. This isn't like Emerald that came out a couple months after FR/LG, we are speaking of a brand new generation and that need several months for hyping up the new generation. When they want to announce the new generation? A month after Z? That would kill the sells for Z. Only 3-4 months before the release? Not that much build up for the hype of a brand new generation.

February/April release would mean they would have to announce the game this year. Announcing a Pokemon game one year, and announcing it the next, is not something that Game Freak have done in a long time. I think the last time they did this was with FR/LG, as they came out in Japan in January 2004. I think since Emerald, we've had all main games announced & released within the same year. If I'm wrong, please correct me on it.

That being said, there are more hints for a late 2017 release for gen 7:

- Two event pokemon still uncovered. I don't think they spam out two event pokemon at once next year. There's no evidence of AZ Floette appearing in the series with the result of being the Meloette of this generation.
- We need the typical "Next generaton promoting Pokemon/Forme movie" we got in every generation. We don't know if such a pokemon will appear in the next movie. Zygarde will appear as we know now and who else?
- Volcanion needs it's own movie like every event legendary from this and the 5th generation.

- Two? There's only Volcanion left. There's no evidence of AZ's Floette appearing at all outside the games. It's not even counted as an event Pokemon. I'd like to point out that in the initial trailer for the 2010 movie, Lugia & Ho-Oh appeared. As we all know, they didn't appear at all within the Zoroark film. The legendary beasts appeared. Here's the trailer.
- As for a new Pokemon to feature in the final X/Y movie, if a new Gen is revealed next year then they have a lot of potential choices for a poster boy for it.
- I agree, Volcanion will eventually need its own film. Whether that is 2016/17 though, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope this post doesn't seem like a "I'm right & you're wrong!" kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom