• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we get all of those new formes in spin offs, prior to the game reveal? So weird...

Why would we get all of those new formes in spin offs, prior to the game reveal? So weird...

Because they have already been revealed to the mass majority of the public. It's not a secret that it exists, its just unclear what it is and how ash-greninja is formed.

It makes no sense revealing Zygy and Greninja's formes for stuff that is meant to advertise the main series games, and not knowing anything about a main game at yet... It really smells like a delay in the production of the next game caused this mess.

So if that is available in pokemon games, does that mean it would be in Pokemon Z? I wonder how they would do that considering that Ash doesn't exists in the game. Maybe they won't call it AshGreninja for Z but something else. Although I prefer mega evolutions of Greninja, Delphox and Chesnaught instead.
Basically yeah , the fact that this thing is popping up in actual Pokémon games now almost confirms it Canon in my eyes.

i don't really think the appearance of Ashninja in a Freemium game really constitutes basis for #notanime only, but ok....werk.

unless you really wanna play it on the technicality that it isn't anime only because it's appeared outside the anime.....still kinda s t r e t c h i n g it....a little.

i don't really think the appearance of Ashninja in a Freemium game really constitutes basis for #notanime only, but ok....werk.

unless you really wanna play it on the technicality that it isn't anime only because it's appeared outside the anime.....still kinda s t r e t c h i n g it....a little.
I'm just surprised that it's even in a spin -off after the fan magazine said it was anime only. I think this is a sign that it'll pop up in other games

I just don't know what to think anymore.......I said I was done being hyped and excited until we something substantial came and I still hold that true, but this is all just so confusing.........Y in the world would GF and TPCI choose to advertise in this manner and do it now of all times? I really wonder what they have planned for next year.....it's obvious they can't fully switch into gen 7 gears as we still don't have Volcanion (could change this month with the "Big News" from CoroCoro) yet, but this is all very odd. The new forms, the advertising, the lack of any real hints at a new game. It's a very strange way to do it all on GF/TPCI's side. They really haven't done it this way b4 so I guess that's y it's got us all on edge lol

Showing a time table pointing to a new gen in 2016, when Pokemon Go's announcement...

That table was only showing the progress of the pokemon franchise until 2016. That does nothing have to do with the next games

Taking so long to release a simple third version, after expanding the dev team, to avoid just that.

We've waited not that long. God OR/AS came out last year. Every generation have at least one year of a break for having more time for the next gen. They just can't release 4 years straight without a pause, since the time to develop would not be enough to provide that.

All this is pointing to new/semi new generation.

Of course, they took so long to make Kalos, that they can't just leve it with XY, they gotta squeeze some more cash from it... Use the region in an other game.

That's why I think they could be going for a gen II move, and making a small new region, or sub region, and using Kalos for the post game.

Also, a character in XY teasing a new region in due time... It wasn't Hoenn, cause it is not a new region... And why tease us in XY, if we will have to wait two more games (ORAS and Z) to visit?

An other issue, after they started surprising us last gen, with sequels, why are we ruling out an unexpected move next?

All those could be just coincidence, I am aware, but they might not be. It might just be me, but I don't think they will go back to "classic" third games, after breaking the rule with gen V.

There are some signs, but more are for a typical Kalos game. Suprising fans does not mean, that the region is not that what expected, but more in which forms the next games are (like two versions as sequels instead of Third versions). Generation 7 wouldn't be more suprising, since main games are also a possibilty for the next games.

By now, really everything is pointing to something that will place in Kalos. The Zygarde forms, the AZ Floette Event, which also needs an explanation why the event happen (like a role in the next games), Volcanion, the fact that there are still 2 events to cover, the promotion mon for Gen 7, the power plants etc. It all doesn't make sense for a generation 7 coming out next.

The only thing I can imagine would be expanding Kalos with a South part, which is as big as the north part with new leaders, new story etc. but still in the same region, characters like AZ etc. and covering the remaining parts of North Kalos like the locked power plants

I have said it before: I am so delighted with ORAS (that they decided to make it, and how well they recreated it), that I am really in no hurry for a new main game any time soon... I could keep playing ORAS, as it has so much stuff to keep me entertained.

However, I hate being teased. If GF, or should I say TPC... weren't CONSTANTLY building the hype up with side information, like Anime, freemium products, etc, I absolutely wouldn't mind waiting for the new game.

But they are being ridiculous this time: Zygarde new formes teasing, Zygarde formes reveal, Greninja reveal, freemium games confirming the formes, flowers hints, and what not. They really are being ridiculous... It's not how much time has passed since the last game, it's the amount of new information and side games confirming it, being revealed...all further teasing with the new info.

It is so anticlimatic, that the only logical explanation is a delay with the game development. It seems that the whole franchise is moving forward except the main series...

Last edited:
That table was only showing the progress of the pokemon franchise until 2016. That does nothing have to do with the next games
to be fair, it only shows the new generations on the timeline. it's not a completely irrational conclusion. the problem with "it's just showing the franchise" is that it's not just showing the franchise. it's a bit of a paradoxical statement, however what i'm getting at is that it is showing a very narrow scope of Pokemon's brand: only the main series games. it'd be inclusive if it showed spin-offs or anime related things, hell even if it showed some of the remakes or third games, but it only shows the release years of the main pair of each generation.

I'm just surprised that it's even in a spin -off after the fan magazine said it was anime only. I think this is a sign that it'll pop up in other games
it's a freemium spin-off. it's the bottom of the barrel. i won't be surprised if it appears as an event Pokemon, but it appearing in Picross is really not indicative of anything (especially with how heavy they've been pushing Greninja).

to be fair, it only shows the new generations on the timeline. it's not a completely irrational conclusion. the problem with "it's just showing the franchise" is that it's not just showing the franchise. it's a bit of a paradoxical statement, however what i'm getting at is that it is showing a very narrow scope of Pokemon's brand: only the main series games. it'd be inclusive if it showed spin-offs or anime related things, hell even if it showed some of the remakes or third games, but it only shows the release years of the main pair of each generation.

it's a freemium spin-off. it's the bottom of the barrel. i won't be surprised if it appears as an event Pokemon, but it appearing in Picross is really not indicative of anything (especially with how heavy they've been pushing Greninja).
True it's a fee to play title but a spin off is a spin off and it really had no reason to even be in a game after what was stated about it prior. I think the concept that creates Ash Greninja might be a key feature in the next entry but for all the Kalos starters.

True it's a fee to play title but a spin off is a spin off and it really had no reason to even be in a game after what was stated about it prior. I think the concept that creates Ash Greninja might be a key feature in the next entry but for all the Kalos starters.
which is why Shadow Pokemon appeared anywhere else despite appearing in a more 'serious' spin-off? good lord, it's literally a 99 cent game. stop treating it like it has the significance of something of importance.

But they are being ridiculous this time: Zygarde new formes teasing, Zygarde formes reveal, Greninja reveal, freemium games confirming the formes, flowers hints, and what not. They really are being ridiculous... It's not how much time has passed since the last game, it's the amount of new information and side games confirming it, being revealed...all further teasing with the new info.

It is so anticlimatic, that the only logical explanation is a delay with the game development. It seems that the whole franchise is moving forward except the main series...

I don't think it is a delay. They might have planned to announce the game to be announced in December/January/February. Or they are keeping it for a surprise as it would be a game that would take people off guard. The possibilities are endless and they could been working on the game much harder than the others and are developing a game with a great story plus an incredible post game but that is my guess. I am getting impatient for the new game but there is nothing I can do about it except play my other games. If the game(s) is announced and released with excellent, then it is worth the wait.

which is why Shadow Pokemon appeared anywhere else despite appearing in a more 'serious' spin-off? good lord, it's literally a 99 cent game. stop treating it like it has the significance of something of importance.
Shadow Pokémon were never hyped up like this nor teased by Nintendo this much. This thing is getting just as much hype as Ziggy himself , like it's literally only a matter of time before it appears in Tretta and Pokken. I just can't shake the feeling that it's showcasing a new feature from the next installment.

Suh-weet! Now just toss one of those puppies my way since throwing money at my computer screen isn't doing anything but making a mess. The Ash-Greninja swag in general shown on the site is pretty impressive really.
I concur, the merchandise for Ash Greninja is stellar.

Shadow Pokémon were never hyped up like this nor teased by Nintendo this much.
they didn't have nearly as many avenues to do so. or at least nearly as many 'safe' avenues.

This thing is getting just as much hype as Ziggy himself
hardly. tell me when it gets its own movie and an entire page spread in CoroCoro and not just a side-feature.

like it's literally only a matter of time before it appears in Tretta and Pokken.
so...other....spin-offs.....?

I just can't shake the feeling that it's showcasing a new feature from the next installment
i'm not gonna deny that it's not a feature, but i'm not convinced that it is a feature. simply: there's no clean way to implement some of the concepts behind this feature and there's no reason for Gen VI starters or even just Greninja to get some weird Mega Evolution 3.0-type thing when they can just get....mega....evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom