• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we aren't the only ones this news is being catered to, for those who don't regularly follow sites like Serebii who keep up with the datamines, Volcanion and Eternal Floette are (almost in the latter case) complete surprises and new Pokémon/forms always get fans excited. So that can classify as 'big news' for many, even if those of us who looked deeper into the games are not going to be surprised at what is revealed.

That might even play into the lack of more complete future proofing for X & Y. They get to surprise even folks like us with all new content, locked into a new game.

[Super Ultra Mega Forme Name] Volcanion could be a surprise if it receives similar treatment.

Last edited:
We don't know if Eternal Floette will ever be available as an event, so if it is announced, it will be big news.
Everyone thought that the forms seen in the M19 preview were Zygarde's forms, and they were. It didn't stop it from bwing big news.

Everyone thought that the forms seen in the M19 preview were Zygarde's forms, and they were. It didn't stop it from bwing big news.

But that's because we'd never seen them before and they didn't have a role in the previous games so they were completely brand new. Eternal Floette wouldn't be anywhere near as big a reveal as Zygarde's forms, when it's quite involved in XY's story. Not knowing if there will be an event wouldn't change the fact that it's already been revealed in XY.

Volcanion on the other hand hasn't been seen at all. Except by hackers. So it seems like fair game for big news.

I don't keep up with the anime besides watching a few scattered episodes here and there but how long is the Zygarde arc supposed to last? I doubt that it will last past February. If Zygarde is somehow supposed to be in the 19th movie then I would like to think that if we do indeed get a Zygarde based game that it would come out before the movie releases. I mean what sense would it make for a game to come out after Zygarde has been featured to death. I think that it would lose its charm by that point. Besides we still haven't even had an official Volcanion reveal and I'd like to think that Volcanion will be the Pokémon that has the spotlight/lead role in the next film. Just look at all the attention that Zygarde is getting now with the anime and the available (and soon to be available) merchandise. Does anyone really think it can keep all of that attention from now until a game releases in the typical Autumn time frame? I really don't think so, people would just be at their wit's end at that point. A Springtime release would make the most logical sense if the game is indeed a Zygarde based game.

I disagree about Volcanion and Eternal Floette. They can't be big news since they are already known to a lot of us. I'll be a bit ticked off if either one turns out to be the so called big news because that means corocoro lied and overhyped the news. Big news should be reserved for new pokemon game announcements and the new forms for the third legendary mascot only.

I don't think Nintendo or Game Freak exactly know that we know about Volcanion. And if they do know that we know, then they've not publicly acknowledged it.

I wonder if CoroCoro's upcoming announcement/news will have anything to do with the 'flowers' tease that was stated a few months back. I'm sort-of hoping it does so we can finally know/guess what was being alluded to.

Nintendo/Game Freak dont acknowledge that event Pokemon have been leaked by hackers, so they consider revealing them big news even if people who know about them dont. They have different ideas what "big news" is than we do, so it very well could be Volcanion is the news CoroCoro has for this reason.

When should we have the leaks for the next CoroCoro?

All the evidence we have, in my opinion, leads to the reveal of two versions of "Z."

Corocoro can leak as early as 10th but not always. We haven't got any evidence of two versions of Z. I don't know where you got that idea from.

I don't keep up with the anime besides watching a few scattered episodes here and there but how long is the Zygarde arc supposed to last? I doubt that it will last past February.

Think I read that Complete Zygarde merchandise will be releasing around March. So that looks like to be somewhere around the time it comes to its climax.

When should we have the leaks for the next CoroCoro?

11th-13th generally. 10th if we're super lucky. (I remember it leaked 10th when Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill were revealed, but I can't remember it happening often.)

Last edited:
Both eternal floette and volcanion can count as big news. Eternal floette being the secondary star ajd initial title mon would make sense, as despite me being hesitant on a movie with it and volcanion as the basis for the plot, it makes sense. AZ has not shown up in the anime yet, and the only reason I can assume he has not is because they are saving him for the last movie. Would also explain why Eternal Floette exists, so we can have an event tied to the movie besides Volcanion.
Volcanion on the other hand, as I explained before, would be quite shocking, and makes things completely unreseasonable. With the last event mon as the secondary star, that would leave nothing but a new mon for the primary, as I feel that there is no way in hell they would use even more new Zygarde formes over tying the already existing Anime ones into the movie.

For me, the big news has to be unrelated to the movies. Its been a good 10 year tradition for December to be the beginning of a new movie cycle, CoroCoro is not gonna start advertising it now. I have a funny feeling its gonna be a game reveal, with the international one happening on Thursday.

Of course! Volcanion will be revealed in CoroCoro, but that won't be the big news. The big news will be... Great Detective Pikachu for Nintendo 3DS!

If I'm wrong, consider Great Detective Pikachu "quietly cancelled".

Oh and don't forget, there will be some information on new XY&Z episodes that haven't been revealed yet. And also, Sceptile gets announced for Pokkén Tournament, in CoroCoro. That's more likely. The only thing I can think of that is "big news", would be Great Detective Pikachu. It would never be a main series title, CoroCoro never reveals main series titles (except for Pokémon Platinum).

Of course! Volcanion will be revealed in CoroCoro, but that won't be the big news. The big news will be... Great Detective Pikachu for Nintendo 3DS!

Oh and don't forget, there will be some information on new XY&Z episodes that haven't been revealed yet. And also, Sceptile gets announced for Pokkén Tournament, in CoroCoro. That's more likely. The only thing I can think of that is "big news", would be Great Detective Pikachu. It would never be a main series title, CoroCoro never reveals main series titles (except for Pokémon Platinum).
I'm sorry, but how do you know exactly? They trademarked the title "great detective pikachu" two years ago, and trademarked titles are never released (see also: pokemon delta emerald).

Well Great Detective Pikachu was actually shown in footage on a TV show - it's where those creepy face Pikachu gifs came from. And let's not forget Pokken was trademarked before its announcement and quite clearly Pokken is not being released!

Stop using patterns as an argument of what will/won't happen. Seriously. :/

Well Great Detective Pikachu was actually shown in footage on a TV show - it's where those creepy face Pikachu gifs came from. And let's not forget Pokken was trademarked before its announcement and quite clearly Pokken is not being released!

Stop using patterns as an argument of what will/won't happen. Seriously. :/
Yes, but it's not the same case here. Famitsu is the one who revealed pokken, and i don't think that coroco is ever going to reveal a trademarked game.

Anytime a new game has been revealed out of CoroCoro was already hinted at by the magazine well before. Zoroark for example was the precursor to BW reveal, done in February by the magazine. HGSS as well I think was also hinted to in the previews. Only since B2W2 were things really out of their control.

Yes, but it's not the same case here. Famitsu is the one who revealed pokken, and i don't think that coroco is ever going to reveal a trademarked game.

Pokken was trademarked before Famitsu revealed it. And which news outlet revealed it is neither here nor there really, considering you were adamantly stating that trademarked games are never released, not that they are never revealed by Corocoro. Which isn't true.

I'm not saying that this Corocoro news is the Detective game, but you said it like GDP was only a thing based on a trademark that was found, when we've actually seen footage of it being developed so know that it is (or was) more than just a trademark.

Both eternal floette and volcanion can count as big news.

No they really aren't. Announcing Pokemon Z or whatever it is called would be big news. Both of those pokemon are already known and I would never have count them as big news. It would be very annoying if they were the 'big news' that corocoro would be talking about. I would find that unacceptable.

Absolutely not. We don't need another spin-off game. We have enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom