• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
all have interesting playstyles and designs, but the movepool, stats, and in some cases typing all drag them down in the current online scene. And much like Ledian, judt a mega ain't gonna cut it.

You could say the same for a number of Pokemon that received Megas in XY/ORAS before they had them.

I think a Mega for such a Pokemon would be pretty useless. A third Evolution, or a complete change in stats are the solutions.

Rearranged stats then a Mega and we have a deal ;)

I would much rather have a regular 3rd version. Sequels didn't interest me at all. Especially when you didn't even get to find out what happens to your previous Player Character. I'm not here for more unanswered questions in Kalos.

A third version wouldn't be surprising at all. We have had 4 already. I think they are going to go for something unexpected.

A third version wouldn't be surprising at all. We have had 4 already. I think they are going to go for something unexpected.

If they do, I'll support it and them because I love the games and I trust GameFreak in spite of their few setbacks.

But honestly, sequels and prequels just don't fit with Kalos' barebones plot. Sequels made sense for Unova because they actually gave two Sharpedo about the plot in those games. The plot in X and Y is so bad (until the Looker Chronicles) that we actually go on a mission to learn about Mega Evolution that drops off after the 3rd gym, we wander around without purpose until the 7th gym when we have to defeat Team Flare, then there's a random parade in Lumiose and we fight AZ, who we've only met 3 times in the game and care nothing about.

What on earth could sequels or prequels do to compliment this game? Nothing. Meanwhile a third version could expand upon a ton of things. More appearances from AZ as well as backstory (and maybe some actual redemption besides the implied redemption of him telling you to stop Lysandre and having Floette return to him). We could actually address the fact that Lysandre is the RIGHTFUL PRINCE of Kalos, which we would never even know if it wasn't for a throwaway line somewhere that I can't even remember where it's from. We could have a reason why we have to post-pone the Mega Evolution quest, like a disaster or something in Vaniville (thus bringing in Zygarde to the plot, and having a nice little nod to the XY chapter of Adventures). Heck, we could reunite Emma with her parents after Looker has left, or find out what deal Malva and Looker made for Xerosic's capture.

1 sequel for XY and 1 sequel for ORAS, its the biggest shock they can give to the public at this point. I posted a blog detailing how sequels would be better then 3rd versions, and honesrly both games have enough foreshadowing. The way I see it, Hoenn sequels 3 years down the road and after HGSS/Platinum makes the most sense as well. You have one time period, and all 4 classic regions with events near to each other. HGSS followed with Platinum and shortly after DE(Delta Emerald). The ORAS/FRLG time period would be almost a prequel like time period in this scenario, while the games are mostl contemporary. HGSS/Pt/DE->? Years->BW->2 Years->B2W2/XY->A year or so-> XYZ.
The Hoenn sequels can do something different, like having to deal with Magma/Aqya dissedents trying to go after Rayquaza together, while giving more background to the dragon clan, and XYZ could go anywhere with Team Flare and Zygarde.

1 sequel for XY and 1 sequel for ORAS, its the biggest shock they can give to the public at this point. I posted a blog detailing how sequels would be better then 3rd versions, and honesrly both games have enough foreshadowing. The way I see it, Hoenn sequels 3 years down the road and after HGSS/Platinum makes the most sense as well. You have one time period, and all 4 classic regions with events near to each other. HGSS followed with Platinum and shortly after DE(Delta Emerald). The ORAS/FRLG time period would be almost a prequel like time period in this scenario, while the games are mostl contemporary. HGSS/Pt/DE->? Years->BW->2 Years->B2W2/XY->A year or so-> XYZ.
The Hoenn sequels can do something different, like having to deal with Magma/Aqya dissedents trying to go after Rayquaza together, while giving more background to the dragon clan, and XYZ could go anywhere with Team Flare and Zygarde.

2 sequels for 2 different games at the same time? Yeah, that seems a little too far-fetched. As much as we'd all love to get a better grasp of the time period between Platinum and Black and White, there's no way they'd do that.

If they do, I'll support it and them because I love the games and I trust GameFreak in spite of their few setbacks.

But honestly, sequels and prequels just don't fit with Kalos' barebones plot. Sequels made sense for Unova because they actually gave two Sharpedo about the plot in those games. The plot in X and Y is so bad (until the Looker Chronicles) that we actually go on a mission to learn about Mega Evolution that drops off after the 3rd gym, we wander around without purpose until the 7th gym when we have to defeat Team Flare, then there's a random parade in Lumiose and we fight AZ, who we've only met 3 times in the game and care nothing about.

What on earth could sequels or prequels do to compliment this game? Nothing. Meanwhile a third version could expand upon a ton of things. More appearances from AZ as well as backstory (and maybe some actual redemption besides the implied redemption of him telling you to stop Lysandre and having Floette return to him). We could actually address the fact that Lysandre is the RIGHTFUL PRINCE of Kalos, which we would never even know if it wasn't for a throwaway line somewhere that I can't even remember where it's from. We could have a reason why we have to post-pone the Mega Evolution quest, like a disaster or something in Vaniville (thus bringing in Zygarde to the plot, and having a nice little nod to the XY chapter of Adventures). Heck, we could reunite Emma with her parents after Looker has left, or find out what deal Malva and Looker made for Xerosic's capture.
While i agree that kalos's plotline was pretty bad, i don't agree that they can't make sequels/prequels for it. I mean, gen 1 had honestly non-existant plotline, yet they still got "sequels". Sure, G/S/C's plotline was nothing revolutionary to write home about, but it was intended to "continue" the plotline of gen 1. In XY2, for example, they can make xerosic escape from jail( for *insert reason here*) and he tries to rule kalos with zygarde's powers and during the main story, thay can give bigger roles to AZ and such( for *insert reason here*). Sequels/prequels don't need to "fix" the plotline of their originals counterparts, they just need to expand on it, and i don't think that x and y's plotline can't be worked around.
Just my thoughts.....

Last edited:
I don't think they can give us another 3rd part game for something like the 20th. Not when DLC is a thing, and BW2 set everyone's bar a wee bit higher as well. But just going off of the TV show, I wouldnt be surprised if we got X & Y with rewrites and Zygarde mythos attached. Which might be fine, the originals weren't as complete or near good as BW's story. Though again the bar is set higher now, so its not that appealing imo.

While i agree that kalos's plotline was pretty bad, i don't agree that they can't make sequels/prequels for it. I mean, gen 1 had honestly non-existant plotline, yet they still got "sequels". Sure, G/S/C's plotline was nothing revolutionary to write home about, but it was intended to "continue" the plotline of gen 1. In XY2, for example, they can make xerosic escape from jail( for *insert reason here*) and he tries to rule kalos with zygarde's powers and during the main story, thay can give bigger roles to AZ and such( for *insert reason here*). Sequels/prequels don't need to "fix" the plotline of their originals counterparts, they just need to expand on it, and i don't think that x and y's plotline can't be worked around.
Just my thoughts.....

Comparing theoretical Kalos sequels to G/S/C is really not the same situation. GSC took place in Johto, not to mention the franchise was still in early stage awkwardness mode.

Instead, compare X and Y to Black and White, while comparing B2 and W2 with these hypothetical sequels. Black and White actually put work into their character developments. N having an internal struggle between his ideals (what he believed) and his truth (what we showed him), Bianca realizing that not everyone can be a Pokémon master, Cheren going through a Sasuke Uchiha phase. All storylines that were in fact carried over to the sequels.

No Kalosian character has that much put into them. Lysandre is only concerned with beauty. Sycamore speaks broken English peppered with French. Diantha is literally set dressing. The only characters that could possibly be expanded upon in a sequel are Emma and your friends.

DLC isn't a thing for Gen VI thus far though. the games don't check the SD card so there's no way for GameFreak to 'safely' add meaningful DLC to the game.

Not to mention the games aren't built for DLC. And GF is so hyper-reluctant to even introduce patches. Remember the ORAS debacle?

Personally, I think a Pokémon Z that rewrites the Kalos plot might be the best thing we can hope for. I mean, it's obvious that XY had the storyline take the backseat in favor of the mechanics and the transition of the series into the 3D format. Now that Game freak has gotten a handle on the transition and fixed the plot of the original RS games (still sad that they left out most of the Emerald content bar a few Easter Eggs), I think giving Kalos a revamped story would be the most surprising and welcome move GF can implement using a single 3rd Kalos game.

DLC isn't a thing for Gen VI thus far though. the games don't check the SD card so there's no way for GameFreak to 'safely' add meaningful DLC to the game.

Not to mention the games aren't built for DLC. And GF is so hyper-reluctant to even introduce patches. Remember the ORAS debacle?

Probably could've been clearer, but I was referring to modern games in general. Same game + more content/expansions can be acheived now without a whole other release, making 3rd versions less appealing as an idea.

Looks like my prediction for a reveal by the end of the year will not come into fruition. Can't imagine we'll wait too much longer, though.

Probably could've been clearer, but I was referring to modern games in general. Same game + more content/expansions can be acheived now without a whole other release, making 3rd versions less appealing as an idea.
though i think DLC kind of just makes GameFreak's business model redundant-- at least to me it would seem that way-- which is a huge part of why they don't do it.

though i think DLC kind of just makes GameFreak's business model redundant-- at least to me it would seem that way-- which is a huge part of why they don't do it.

Precisely. They've always made two different versions to encourage people to trade the version exclusives, and while the third version usually expands the story and adds new features, the main advantage is that most of the version exclusive pairs get added into the third version, so that people can pretty much pick and choose which version to get based on the availability of 'mons alone.

And introducing DLC to any game in the main series not only makes third entries irrelevant (regardless of 3rd version, sequel, prequel, etc.), but also the paired versions irrelevant themselves, since DLC could introduce the other paired version's exclusive attributes. So instead of generations, we'd just get one game every three years. That'd be very lackluster.

We would still get generations, not a ame every three years. One base game with a new regiom and Pokemon, alongside a remake or sequel of the older games. Then they can expand both over the remaining course of time they want to give for the generation. The real issue and question is, with bigger development costs and the rising capabilities of the handhelds, at which point do we start going back to 1 generation per handheld like gen 3. I think this will be the case from now honestly, and its unlikely we will see two gens on the NX, unless the handheld stays the same with incremental updates.

On another note, I'm not crazy right? Zycore Blue has to have a different 10% forme, no reason to go straight to 50% unless they are hiding something.

On another note, I'm not crazy right? Zycore Blue has to have a different 10% forme, no reason to go straight to 50% unless they are hiding something.

I thought this too. I assumed it would have a 10% dog form like Punichan does, albeit with a Blue Core in its collar. So I was a bit surprised it just jumped straight to 50% and assumed they must be hiding something. Also it struck me as odd that it didn't seem to draw in the surrounding Zygarde Cells to transform either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom