• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too fond of Magearna, I would've liked Mageana or Machiana more. Oh well, hopefully we're getting more news soon, I mean it's obvious there will be a new game this year, just announce it already lol.

As for what Magearna and the next game(s) might be I've listed the possibilities from most to least likely in my opinion:

- Gen 6 game(s) set in Kalos (3rd version or sequel) with Magearna being the only new Pokemon.
- Gen 6.5 game(s) set in Kalos with Magearna being the first out of a batch of Gen 6.5 Pokemon.
- Gen 7 game(s) with Magearna being the first Gen 7 Pokemon revealed.
- Gen 6 or 6.5 game(s) set in a region other than Kalos.
- Gen 6 or 6.5 game(s) with Magearna being the first Gen 7 Pokemon revealed and unavailable in those games.

Gen 7 believers are almost like bots at this point, popping up on the thread only to try and "dissect" and correctly modify grammar mistakes (for the sake of their undoubted gen 7 belief dignity) that won't even be relevant when it's confirmed this is literally still Gen 6 lol. I'll say it again, what is SO boring in this current generation, for you to believe things that have been getting promotion for the last SIX months, are going to be scrapped and Magearna is our first Gen 7 Pokémon?
Personally I couldn't care less whether we get gen 6.5 and gen 7, I'm just saying that using an adjective 'latest' and stretching its meaning to claim it's a hint towards Magiana being a Kalos Pokemon is kinda silly. It's got more to do with logic than anything else.

Honestly, as long as we get a proper new game, I'll be happy.

Gen 7 believers are almost like bots at this point, popping up on the thread only to try and "dissect" and correctly modify grammar mistakes (for the sake of their undoubted gen 7 belief dignity) that won't even be relevant when it's confirmed this is literally still Gen 6 lol.
Except it was a person who believed it was evidence towards Gen VI who is trying to "dissect" the meaning of the word latest.

I honestly don't understand the vitriol from people like you, when the post questioning Mitchman's linguistic gymnastics was phrased neutrally. I said it doesn't imply inclusivity or exclusivity, meaning it could not be used as evidence for either side.

Last edited:
So I've been thinking. IF we do end up getting a gen 6.5 it would ultimately lengthen this gen significantly I think. Unless we really don't get any new Pokemon it would stand to reason that they'd leave it out to played for a decent amount of time. I can't c them releasing a whole batch of new Pokemon (even just another 70) and then all of a sudden not many months later announcing gen 7. The only reason they were able to announce gen 6 so quickly after BW2 was bc those games didn't really offer anything new other than a story. Pokemon games don't really take all that long to complete so it made sense that they'd jump on a new gen announcement so soon after. This time however if they reveal new Pokemon I feel like they'd want us to soak in the Pokemon for a long time b4 we all of a sudden get a brand new batch of Pokemon AGAIN. If we do get a gen 6.5 I wonder how they'll progress form there on out. Things r definitely in a a weird spot whatever we end up getting. If we get 6.5 then we possibly have a long generation as a whole to get through. If we get 7 then we essentially skip over a couple of legendaries story wise. It really makes ya think doesn't it? lol

EDIT: I meant short to complete for the player not GF. XD

Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing vitriol about my post at all tbh. It's simply factual that you only pop up to justify someone's post whether their wrong or right. Bringing down any possibility or opinion they might have on future prospects of Pokémon, especially regarding this reveal.

THIS is a thread for the future of Gen 6, and I only bring up Gen 7 people when they surface, so no, not vitriol, honest.

Pokemon games don't really take all that long to complete so it made sense that they'd jump on a new gen announcement so soon after.
No. First pair of a generation take 3 years to make, and they started working on the 3d models of xy in 2010 sooooooo...

Arguing about the contents of this thread feels pointless/unproductive after we've spent 440 pages discussing various things.

Anyway....question. Aren't most Mythical Pokemon revealed along with their typings? I'm likely reading too much into it, but I find it odd that Magearna's wasn't shown.

I want to see Zygarde-100 or M Zygarde-50 have an ability a bit like Mega Rayquaza's--specifically, it would have an ability that introduce a perma-terrain that removes the weaknesses of Ground pokemon. As terrains are otherwise only introduced by moves, the Zygarde ability would effectively prevent the terrain from changing at all.

Xerneas and Yveltal could also get "Reverse" forms: because Xerneas' other form is a tree, and because I don't want it to be Fairy/Grass in any wise, and because Fairy/Ground would allow it to gain from my preferred Zygarde ability, I have decided to wish that Primal Xerneas be Fairy/Poison, which is rather different from how it is now. An Yveltal-Reverse could be Psychic-Flying. It would also reverse the type advantage between Xerneas and Yveltal.

"Reverse" pokemon would be particularly cool if one basically sent them out as their original form (like Pokemon with a Mega Stone), if one triggered their other form (like Pokemon with a Mega Stone), but, upon withdrawing them, they reverted to normal.

I like the idea of a terrain ability for Perfect Zygarde to have, but I'm not sure if it'll be like Mega Rayquaza's. If ground types weaknesses get nullified, Zygarde is still going to get rekt by fairies (Xerneas) and assuming the thousands moves belong to Perfect Zygarde, Zygarde is still going to struggle against Yveltal since it still takes damage from dark type moves. I would say a terrain ability that makes it immune to fairy and dark type moves (flying maybe), boosts it's SPDef by 50%, immune to stat boosts (Xerneas' Geomancy) and prevents opponents healing (Yveltal's Oblivion wing). I feel Zygarde won't have a problem dealing with the two if that kind of ability does end up working for it.

However, I don't think Xerneas and Yveltal will get any new forms. Assuming Complete Zygarde will have a BST of 720, their new forms will probably still be stronger than Zygarde.. which Zygarde is supposed to balance and stop both of them

No. First pair of a generation take 3 years to make, and they started working on the 3d models of xy in 2010 sooooooo...

Sorry I meant for the player to beat the game. Pokemon games tend to b on the shorter side in terms of hours. Although I suppose it's really as long u want it to b lol

THIS is a thread for the future of Gen 6

The future of Gen 6 is intimately bound to Generation 7. This is futurity logics, meaning that the future time of Gen 6 is preceding Generation 7. Generation 7 is intimately related to Gen 6 because it is the "after" of Gen 6, making it perfectly viable for discussion here. Gen 6 is contingent upon Generation 7, its successor, because it requires the temporal location of Generation 7 to come into being. The same can be said for Generation 5.

5, 6, 7...

Gen 6 appears in succession to Generation 5, so it makes sense that it, too, is bound to Generation 7. Gen 6 cannot be disengaged from Generation 7 because it is located in a temporality of succession, future time. There is no Gen 6 without Generation 7, future time. This is not rocket science; this is simply possibility based on past patterns of Pokemon generations.

The Gen 7 crowd has reached new levels of desperation. They have nothing to actually contribute, no points of there own to add, they just want to nitpick all the building hype individually as irrelevant, and then try to proclaim that proves Gen 7.

I swear I saw one even try to say that they think there will be a delay reinstated between Japanese and International releases. Another even tried to claim Arceus "co-starred" in the Hoopa movie, to explain away why Magearna and Volcanion are both in this movie.

This is a Gen 6 thread, to discuss the future of Gen 6, why do the moderators constantly allow people to just repeat their same disproven points about Gen 7 over and over again.

Remember how we were all told that the XYZ series would be over by march because of a magic keychain, and that Volcanion would be bumped to a minor role?
Yet here we are with no end in sight to the XYZ series, and Volcanion firmly in place as the main star of the movie.

Arguing about the contents of this thread feels pointless/unproductive after we've spent 440 pages discussing various things.

Anyway....question. Aren't most Mythical Pokemon revealed along with their typings? I'm likely reading too much into it, but I find it odd that Magearna's wasn't shown.

Yeah, I don't really remember any Mythical that didn't have their type revealed alongside with them.

Hm... Machine/mechanical or artificial types?

- Magnemite line
- Porygon line?
- Beldum line

... I swear, there's more that can fit, but I don't remember.

- Porygon line
- Voltorb line?
- Trubbish line?
- Grimer line?
- Mewtwo
- Castform
- Golett line?

I'm leaning towards Gen VII at this point as well. In hindsight, the way GF handled XY gives me the impression they did not intend to expand on those games as much as they did previous entries; as if the new features/mechanics took priority over content/story.

The future of Gen 6 is intimately bound to Generation 7.

Quite. A curtailed future is still a future. The future of Gen VI *could* be to end without another entry. I get that some people here are mortified by other people even considering that idea, but it is as distinct a possibility as Gen VI gaining another entry. The truth is, none of us know for absolute certain how this is going to play out.

Yeah, I don't really remember any Mythical that didn't have their type revealed alongside with them.

Technically Reshiram and Zekrom aren't Mythical Pokémon, but they were revealed without their types. As were Xerneas and Yveltal (for obvious reasons in Xerneas's case, and Yveltal was forced to play along).

I want to see people actually come up with type matchups for these types rather than just speculating that certain mons will get it. To me it just doesn't make sense to just slap new types onto Pokémon like that when they're already, in my opinion, well represented by their existing types in these cases. Is Steel not representative enough of a living machine? Do you also want to risk overhauling Magnemite's typing for the second time in the series?

Edit: Moves, too. What moves will get retconned and will there even be enough of them to suit the needs of the Pokémon that get STAB from such moves?

So someone tries to justify the fact that it's a thread for the future of Gen 6, by saying it is the same as the future of Gen 7? Because the future is the future? Lol-ee-pop.

Jesus Christ, entire new levels of desperation. There are plenty of threads regarding Gen 7, and IT'S future. Please, just stay on subject, and stop trying to belittle me every time I remind people that the topic is going off course, JUST because you want or feel Gen 6 has had it's time and people get bored as easily as you people do. Because according to those believing in Gen 7, you've all played with Zygarde forms haven't you, yes, we forget you are the God's of milking the term "read between the lines".

Edit: Not forgetting, I've asked numerous amounts of times why people who think Gen 7 is next feel that specific way, only to AGAIN be stricken with "wishful thinking" and misconceptions of what it is I actually asked. Can you not just answer the damn question of WHERE and HOW you think Zygarde and all the glorious stuff we've been given, will be SHOVED into a new pair of DEBUT GENERATION SEVEN games?

- Magnemite line
- Porygon line?
- Beldum line

... I swear, there's more that can fit, but I don't remember.

- Porygon line
- Voltorb line?
- Trubbish line?
- Grimer line?
- Mewtwo
- Castform
- Golett line?

Both of those types seem redundant tbh. It's like asking for an "object type" or a "cat type". I don't see Magearna being a new type even if it hasn't been revealed yet for whatever reason. At least Sylveon was somewhat ambiguous but Magearna can easily fit into the existing types.

Technically Reshiram and Zekrom aren't Mythical Pokémon, but they were revealed without their types. As were Xerneas and Yveltal (for obvious reasons in Xerneas's case, and Yveltal was forced to play along).

That's true, though I guess a reason is that they're box mascots? They're pretty important, so they'd probably want to make people guess what the types are, just like what the starters will evolve into.

I want to see people actually come up with type matchups for these types rather than just speculating that certain mons will get it. To me it just doesn't make sense to just slap new types onto Pokémon like that when they're already, in my opinion, well represented by their existing types in these cases. Is Steel not representative enough of a living machine? Do you also want to risk overhauling Magnemite's typing for the second time in the series?

Edit: Moves, too. What moves will get retconned and will there even be enough of them to suit the needs of the Pokémon that get STAB from such moves?

Yeah, though I can't really think of any idea of weakness/strengths or w/e and moves for possible future types. xD

I guess machine/mechanical could be weak to Ice and Water? I dunno.

Both of those types seem redundant tbh. It's like asking for an "object type" or a "cat type". I don't see Magearna being a new type even if it hasn't been revealed yet for whatever reason. At least Sylveon was somewhat ambiguous but Magearna can easily fit into the existing types.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the boat that it's Steel/Fairy, but IF we were to get a new one, those are the only ideas I can think of.

I wonder though. The Soul Heart is a secret contained within a Pokemon that looks like a Pokeball. What if we are getting gen 7, and they are drawing inspirations from the Johto games for Kalos' own "Johto". Magearna could be the regions GS Ball, with the real mythical being a Pokemon inside it. More so Volcanion's eventt location could be Navel Plateau like I said, being named similarly to Navel Rock, the event location for Ho-oh and Lugia. Only this time its a much more direct sequel, involving Zygarde and the region has a lot of lore shared with Kalos.

If we get Z and it's even less compatible with the previous two games, then please stop calling it Gen VI. In fact, stop using the term "generation". A generation needs at least SOME decent compatibility between it's games.

Have you even thought about online compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom