• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Z and it's even less compatible with the previous two games, then please stop calling it Gen VI. In fact, stop using the term "generation". A generation needs at least SOME decent compatibility between it's games.

Oh, good heavens, I didn't even think about "Z" having its own #NoMegaPatch cop-out. It would almost be like having three mini-generations inside of the larger one.

So... what's the deal with TPC having private videos reserved on YouTube? I tried searching on their channel, and I don't quite understand what this is all about.

@!Z! Please dude... just stop it already. Who gives a flying Flygon about whether people support Gen 7 as the next game? Just... who cares? If there's anybody here that's getting out of hand, it's you. I've seen you try to bring up that drama in other threads clear on the other side of the forum, and it shouldn't even be that way. The only time I see that crap-ass argument start to boil over is when you gotta bring it up and rub it into other people's faces.

Last edited:
Oh, good heavens, I didn't even think about "Z" having its own #NoMegaPatch cop-out. It would almost be like having three mini-generations inside of the larger one.
Exactly. I am personally fine with either Gen VI or Gen VII, but not with some hybrid that's supposed to be Gen VI, but instead of connecting all the games in Gen VI, it makes the previous four games feel cheated, and almost online unplayable.

Guess I'm not the only one rethinking how we define a "Generation" after all. Good to hear!
I want to know, on the topic of patches and whatnot. How big is a 3DS cartridge and how big is Pokémon Generation VI on average? Knowing the track record of optimisation for GF poses a couple of questions, assuming that whatever the next core game will be, it'll be on 3DS.

It'll be interesting to see if a so-called "Generation VII" takes place in Kalos, because that sets a milestone not seen since Gold & Silver - the return to a region directly from the previous Generation.

This thread is getting abrasive again =/ calling people and their view points desperate isn't necessary.

Yeah, I don't really remember any Mythical that didn't have their type revealed alongside with them.

Hm... Machine/mechanical or artificial types?

I thought of a Golem type, or Automata type, based around the Golems of modern legends. Having them as a man-made only Pokemon not found in the wild would be interesting.

Given recent events, the staff decided that perhaps it was time to retire this old thread and start again with an all-new one...or is it a thread 6.5?

With that, this thread will be closed and we ask that everyone head on here - but make sure to read the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom