• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to know what I expect to happen? After any Battle Frontier patch that happens, in 2015, we'll get the following DLC and/or patches in order to spice up XY to compete with ORAS:
  • New move tutors that differs from what ORAS has
  • Although there won't be all the ORAS Megas in it, what WILL happen is gaining all new Mega Evolutions not found in ORAS
  • Includes Mega Diancie and Unbound Hoopa, since they ARE Kalos Pokémon after all
  • A subplot with Lugia and the Legendary Birds that unlocks when you one the bird you caught and a Lugia traded from XY to the Sea Spirit's Den
  • Primal Zygarde and Eternal Floette!

Nymphia said:
I seriously doubt that Gen VII will be released before Autumn 2016, specially because the current's anime pace and the fact that a new gen game requires a lot of time from Game Freak.
If Game Freak developed B2W2 and XY in 3 years, they should be able to handle ORAS and Generation VII in 2.5 years considering the smaller hardware jump. As for the anime, they just need to reduce the remaining gym gaps to an average of 10-11 episodes, which is feasible when the current gap is only a little higher at 14. You can't deny that all the recent and upcoming Pokémon captures/evolutions indicate a faster pace. Case in point: Ash will have a Goodra by May.

They could very well wait until late 2016 if the 2015 DLC is substantial enough. I just don't think that it's the necessary outcome.

Kallyle said:
Although there won't be all the ORAS Megas in it, what WILL happen is gaining all new Mega Evolutions not found in ORAS
I agree that Kalos should have exclusive Mega Stones considering that even the Mewtwonite can be found in ORAS.

Last edited:
Kallyle said:
Although there won't be all the ORAS Megas in it, what WILL happen is gaining all new Mega Evolutions not found in ORAS
I agree that Kalos should have exclusive Mega Stones considering that even the Mewtwonite can be found in ORAS.

So, what kind of DLC Mega Stones do you expect we'll find in Kalos? I'm thinking either Gen. V or Gen. VI will finally get more Mega love than just having Audino and Diancie!

So, what kind of DLC Mega Stones do you expect we'll find in Kalos? I'm thinking either Gen. V or Gen. VI will finally get more Mega love than just having Audino and Diancie!
Pretty much. Both of these generations could use around 4 more representatives, and I'd say that Generations II and IV should get at least one each. I wouldn't expect much more than a total of 10, and the specific selection could be pretty random.

I see Zygarde getting two Formes, although I honestly don't know what they should represent.

Last edited:
Soooooo, I think this is a stretch, but what if the next game deals with Kalos and Hoenn? I've been going over the tidbits in ORAS, and I honestly think there is enough to say that they aren't finished with Hoenn.
-There's the whole Project Azoth, which is the Devon Corp utilizing Infinite Energy, something both used to explain where Magma/Aqua got hold of the technology to break into the sealed chamber, but also as a plot device to explain what their tech is based off of. What makes this interesting, is that Azoth is the medieval name for Mercury, the element for Transmutation in alchemy. Sounds kinda like some fitting name for the project behind harnessing the power of Mega Evos, eh?
-Hoopa shenanigans. This thing can move legends, regions, anything. Not gonna say they would be crazy enough to transport Hoenn to Kalos or anything like that, but they could tie things together however.
-Rayquaza and Zygarde are both green(emerald?)Pokemon that deal with balance between Pokemon that represent either Life/Beginning or Death/The End. Both are dragons, but one is from the sky, and the other from the Earth. It just feels like something could work there.
-Lets be honest, Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows sounds a lot like Origin Wave and Cliff's Blades. Wonder if instead of Zygarde X/Y we get Zygarde Ω/A?
Unfinished thoughts, but yeah, basic gist is that I can see them going crazy with the last release.

Seeing as we don't have the battle Frontier in ORAS, and it's not likely GF will do any sort of patch from new game content, I'm afraid that we're going to have to assume the worst: Game Freak is cutting this generation short, leaving it unfinished. They don't care about all of the unanswered questions left in Kalos, and they don't plan on expanding any of the post-games for either Hoenn or Kalos. Since they obviously think that a third Kalos game is predictable, I expect that they just want to move on the Gen. VII as soon as possible.

It seems that there are two extremes here. On the one hand we have the "Game Freak will do something extremely unpredictable for the last release" approach, which is really naive considering that they have their hands full preparing the next generation for 2016. I also fail to see the appeal of another Hoenn game even though ORAS aren't perfect; the Delta Episode certainly wouldn't exist if there were plans for a Rayquaza-related game.

Then there is the "Game Freak won't do anything" assumption, which to me seems weird even though they haven't said that they're in favor of DLC. They have nothing to lose by going in that direction; even free content would boost the sales of the current games. It's hard to understand why Zygarde exists or why the Battle Frontier is heavily referenced if nothing is going to be done with either one of them.

Last edited:
Rayquaza has a post game story, but what if GF treats the PCs of Hoenn like N? What I mean is, canonically have them obtain Rayquaza, or at the least, keep em in the role of the successor. Zygarde could be the balance Pokemon, but if given thr power of primals instead of megas, it might go haywire. Thus the need for Rayquaza, as its technically the same force of nature it needs to subdue. Crap plot, sure, but this is GF, who knows what they will do.

What next???

So I began playing Pokemon Blue back in 98 when it came out on Gameboy Color, and have played most of the games since. I absolutely loved XandY and put over 200 hours into the game and was so excited when I heard about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I began playing Omega Ruby last night and it is truly amazing. My only question is, what do you guys think will come next??? A new game altogether or another remake for the 3ds?

Crap plot
You said it yourself, so I am not going to argue with that. Zygarde's function is to protect the ecosystem, and any hidden powers it might have should serve that purpose. It might reek of retreading Rayquaza, but that doesn't mean that Zygarde should be turned into the opposite of what it represents just so that Rayquaza can appear again for the kicks.

It seems that there are two extremes here. On the one hand we have the "Game Freak will do something extremely unpredictable for the last release" approach, which is really naive considering that they have their hands full preparing the next generation for 2016. I also fail to see the appeal of another Hoenn game even though ORAS aren't perfect; the Delta Episode certainly wouldn't exist if there were plans for a Rayquaza-related game.

Then there is the "Game Freak won't do anything" assumption, which to me seems weird even though they haven't said that they're in favor of DLC. They have nothing to lose by going in that direction; even free content would boost the sales of the current games. It's hard to understand why Zygarde exists or why the Battle Frontier is heavily referenced if nothing is going to be done with either one of them.

The reason a lot of us feel like Game Freak won't do anything is BECAUSE they haven't said aything on the matter. Also, the way GF seems to be teasing their fans in ORAS with not having certain features (i.e. the Battle Frontier, Mega Flygon, and Mega Milotic as well) seems to be a big fat "NO!!!" to anything that we thought would be obvious. This might unfortunately include Gen. VI, which we are all afraid of.

I'm still holding out hope that GF will do SOMETHING, but given the way the interviews and games themselves seems to be going, it seems to point to that Gen. VI will unfortunately be cut short.

I'm still holding out hope that GF will do SOMETHING, but given the way the interviews and games themselves seems to be going, it seems to point to that Gen. VI will unfortunately be cut short.
Masuda said that they would tie XY together in a more unique way than a sequel game. If he had actually mentioned a DLC "Z Episode", it wouldn't be a surprise. You could argue that he was just referring to ORAS, but you can't tell that from the games.

Last edited:
Masuda said that they would tie XY together in a more unique way than a sequel game. If he had actually mentioned a DLC "Z Episode", it wouldn't be a surprise. You could argue that he was just referring to ORAS, but you can't tell that from the games.

That's kind of what we're afraid of happening. If that was the case, then the only things being tied up would be minor things that no one really knew needed answer. this would also mean that all of the important questions, including Zygarde, would have been simply ignored. I hope you're right about XY getting an Episode Z. Otherwise, there isn't much hope for Gen. VI unless any sort of Kalos remake were to happen. Considering XY is very bare-bones, a lot of people might not want Kalos to be remade, so Game Freak would simply ignore Kalos because of that.

Considering XY is very bare-bones
A lot of the regions are very bare-bones in their first game.

Your argument is really predicated on "GF hasn't said anything so essentially confirmation by silence/denial," however I doubt that not even a week after their most recent release they will be like "so our next game in Kalos is going to be wxy and be about abc with protags from gen lmn." We need more time before we can make more serious speculations about where Gen VI is going if it is going anywhere.

Say, I thin I finally have a very interesting idea about how to spice up Gen. VI! Does anyone remember that one Pikachu Detective game that was announced, but never mentioned again? Well, what if what Masuda meant by "tying things together in new and interesting ways" was through some sort of spin-off that acted like a cross between a Noir-style game in terms of missions and puzzles and a main series game in terms of the battle system? That would certainly be not only surprising, but also gives us a Polémon game that doesn't focus on the standard "earn 8 badges, then defeat Elite Four and Champion" formula!

I know there's a high chance that it's just a spin-off game, but it would be interesting for Game Freak to partner up with another company to help finish their story.

"Great Detective Pikachu" seems too gimmicky to have anything to do with Kalos' lore. I could see it taking place in Lumiose City and involving Emma, but I doubt that Masuda was alluding to it. That said, there should be room for another spin-off game next year.

"Great Detective Pikachu" seems too gimmicky to have anything to do with Kalos' lore. I could see it taking place in Lumiose City and involving Emma, but I doubt that Masuda was alluding to it. That said, there should be room for another spin-off game next year.

Of course it seems gimmicky. It's supposed to feature a talking blue Pikachu for crying out loud! However, just because it stars a Pikachu doesn't mean anything in terms of what the game's overall plot will be. Heck, for all we know, this blue Pikachu could have been one of a handful of Pokémon that accidentally became eternal when AZ brought back his Floette!

Basically, my point is that no one would ever think twice about a game starring a Pikachu could help wrap-up Kalos' loose plot threads. Therefore, it might be just crazy enough to work! If nothing else, that is definitely what I call a surprise move.

Basically, my point is that no one would ever think twice about a game starring a Pikachu could help wrap-up Kalos' loose plot threads. Therefore, it might be just crazy enough to work! If nothing else, that is definitely what I call a surprise move.
Just because something is surprising doesn't make it a good idea.

maybe we can have a Delta Z it takes place in the backpackers region which is a midway point between hoenn and kalos all 3 of these regions were invovled in the war and is AZ's homeland and also where the frontier is being built, the plot will be because of groudon/kyogre and team flares actions zygarde has come into action to protect the ecosystem by destroying the humans who are bringing harm to it thus bringing AZOTH (come to think of it archie does mention sea pollution) cause wynught?

maybe we can have a Delta Z it takes place in the backpackers region which is a midway point between hoenn and kalos all 3 of these regions were invovled in the war and is AZ's homeland and also where the frontier is being built,
The Battle Frontier is being built in Hoenn's Battle Resort, and a new region would be wasted on this generation with all the Pokémon already being obtainable. It would make far more sense to release Generation VII in 2016 to capitalize on the New 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom