• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that whatever game is planned for next year isn't released until the end of the year. Otherwise, it would basically mean they're done with two-year breaks and every game from now on will have as much content as XY and ORAS. The supposed Zygarde form being silhouetted this early is worrisome if they refuse to handle Zygarde outside of more Kalos games. As a side note, it's rather annoying that they didn't wait until this year to release ORAS. They could've benefited from the New 3DS and had more content in that case.

I'm with Silktree here. There probably won't be anymore games this generation, since ORAS completed the Dex for this gen.

Game Freak could easily justify a lack of exclusive Pokemon with exclusive Mega Evolutions. Just saying to tread lightly with that argument.

I also remember what "faraway region" ended up being in BW2, so I'm keeping expectation at a reasonably low measure.

The faraway region that was "hinted" for B2W2 came from obscure lines of text from guidebooks and from N flying off on his dragon, but it was never borderline promised to us. In this case, Game Freak themselves wrote about an unknown faraway region and took it upon themselves to reveal a depiction of one of its Pokemon. That's too much for it to mean nothing.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if this blob is just a part of Zygarde that has its own personality, actin as an observer as others have said earlier in the thread. Volcanion and Zygarde aren't exactly cute and many pokemon movies have a new cutemon or equivalent so this could be a workaround for that.

i personally do not think that the blob is a legendary since it seems like a friggin waste to put it in with a more appealing legendary to every medium and to have it bounce around on the title screen. i would not be shocked if it's akin to bonsly in gen3.

also the new zygarde form looks p spooky and its head is part rhyperior and kyurem-b

Just an eye? Has no one tried thinking its maybe a mega,primal,or new forme of an old pokemon most notably unknown get rid of the letter crap and make it different maybe zygarde used its power to over take unknown and use it or its working g with unknown or unknown is working with zygarde or unknown is zygardes eyes

You know how they like to pair unknown with legendary pokemon

This is quite interesting I will say. A brand new Pokemon/form announced only for a strange little creature to accompany it. There's a few things to b said about the new creature without even having seen it in person. The first thing is that maybe...just maybe this is a brand new Pokemon. It would certainly b going in a different direction than past designs have gone. It's also interesting to think about how they announced this new whatever it is. Let's say that the teaser only showed the blob. It would b interpreted as something brand new and quite possibly a full Pokemon on it's own. The problem is that it was introduced with the possible Zygarde form and that brings doubts. The blob seems to b underdeveloped (physically speaking) so could it b a new Pokemon altogether or is connected to the giant form we have been seeing? something that comes to mind is the Deoxys movie where one of the Deoxys was a blue hologram for much of the movie. Is it possible that maybe this green blob has a similar part in this new movie? I could c it like Ash and company meeting and befriend the blob, they don't recognize it as a Pokemon, but whatever. Later it's revealed that the blob is actually a part of Zygarde in some way.

I personally kind of want it to b a new Pokemon. While I'm certainly happy enough with the ones we already got in Gen 6, It would b quite interesting for them to do a split gen and introduce another small group of mons lol

Saying that the "blob" is a part of Zygarde is very outlandish imo. It just seems almost...too random to randomly put Zygarde's floating eyeball in there amongst the text.
http://www.serebii.net/newpokemon3.jpg

This does seem like a bizarre way to showcase a brand new Pokemon species. Though I'm happy to be proved wrong when the reveals do eventually come. Looking at you, August CoroCoro. Fingers crossed!

I'd like to point out that Manaphy debuted in the last movie before it's actual apperances in the games, and that a similar case happened with Zoroark and Zorua before the BW anime. It'd woudenlt be out of the question to have a Gen VII mon appear in this movie

If the blob is in fact a Gen 7 Poke, then that doesn't really mean this is the last Gen 6 movie. In Gen 3 there were 3 separate movies in which all had some sort of Gen 4 Pokemon. Deoxys movie had Munchlax as a cameo, Lucario movie....well had Lucario, and very similarly the Manaphy movie....again had Manaphy lol So we could quite possibly get 2 more movies in this Gen (this newly announced one included as one of the 2) and have both of them feature Pokemon in some way from Gen 7

After seeing all of these teases, I am stoked af. Making the jump to HYPErspace.

I'd like to point out that Manaphy debuted in the last movie before it's actual apperances in the games, and that a similar case happened with Zoroark and Zorua before the BW anime. It'd woudenlt be out of the question to have a Gen VII mon appear in this movie
That's what I've been thinking.

If this isn't a shout out to Zygarde, then this is probably a Gen VII Pokemon that will pop up in the next movie to get us hyped up for the latest games. This is something that has been done before, so it wouldn't surprise me at all. But at this point, who really knows?

A friend of mine presented a theory, and I'm kind of curious what you think of it.

Basically, his idea is that instead of the blob being a new Pokémon, it's actually an offshoot of Zygarde's scales. The latter uses the blob as a way to watch the world from afar, and they would collect that information and bring it back to it. If that's the case, it would explain why it has a large eye (the better to see you with), and it would work as a way for Zygarde to monitor the world.

A friend of mine presented a theory, and I'm kind of curious what you think of it.

Basically, his idea is that instead of the blob being a new Pokémon, it's actually an offshoot of Zygarde's scales. The latter uses the blob as a way to watch the world from afar, and they would collect that information and bring it back to it. If that's the case, it would explain why it has a large eye (the better to see you with), and it would work as a way for Zygarde to monitor the world.

That theory makes a lot of sense TBH. Its dex entry in Y and AS does seem to hint at this too, as it says that Zygarde monitors the world from Terminus Cave. That's probably how.

If the blob is in fact a Gen 7 Poke, then that doesn't really mean this is the last Gen 6 movie. In Gen 3 there were 3 separate movies in which all had some sort of Gen 4 Pokemon. Deoxys movie had Munchlax as a cameo, Lucario movie....well had Lucario, and very similarly the Manaphy movie....again had Manaphy lol So we could quite possibly get 2 more movies in this Gen (this newly announced one included as one of the 2) and have both of them feature Pokemon in some way from Gen 7

Generations don't last that long anymore though. Gen V only lasted three years. I think Gen VII probably is next. Game Freak isn't interested in making long generations anymore. Gen III lasted five years and each generation has been shorter since then. Gen IV was four years and Gen V was three. It certainly looks likes Gen VI's time is up.

Generations don't last that long anymore though. Gen V only lasted three years. I think Gen VII probably is next. Game Freak isn't interested in making long generations anymore. Gen III lasted five years and each generation has been shorter since then. Gen IV was four years and Gen V was three. It certainly looks likes Gen VI's time is up.

3rd gen was not 5 years, it was 4 in Japan and 4 internationally with roughly a year delay in between those schedules. Generations have consistently lasted 3-4 years, there hasn't been any decrease in generation length recently. 5th gen was a special case because it was a filler generation on the DS and having it last a full 4 years would cut into the 3DS' lifespan, there is no such hurry for 7th gen to release this soon.

I really hope ur wrong. Gen 5 might have been short, but bc of it having just the sequels it was able to make the best of it. Kalos has gotten very little love.....even in it's own game as there was a bunch of pandering to Gen 1. I hope that at the very least the next thing they release is a Kalos game of some kind. If they move onto Gen 7 then it's almost like Gen 6 didn't even matter.

3rd gen was not 5 years, it was 4 in Japan and 4 internationally with roughly a year delay in between those schedules. Generations have consistently lasted 3-4 years, there hasn't been any decrease in generation length recently. 5th gen was a special case because it was a filler generation on the DS and having it last a full 4 years would cut into the 3DS' lifespan, there is no such hurry for 7th gen to release this soon.

I still don't think Gen VI is going to last so long. With Masuda wanting to cater to the mobile crowd, I just don't see Gen VI lasting any longer. It's the right time to launch Gen VII.

I think it will be come Gen 6.5. GF added with a patch more Pokémon, or make a new Game in Kalos please with the Battle Frontier.

@Reducto I have been saying this since the very beginning of this generation! Just like I said there would be a high chance of new mega pokemon in the next release which were ORAS.

I still don't think Gen VI is going to last so long. With Masuda wanting to cater to the mobile crowd, I just don't see Gen VI lasting any longer. It's the right time to launch Gen VII.

It's not the right time, there's more to be done with 6th gen and with the next handheld coming in 2016/2017 they're not going to want to rush 7th gen too soon because then they'll have the same problem they did with the 3DS, it'll take them too long to bring the main series to the next console. It'd be better to have another 6th gen game on 3DS in 2016 and 7th gen on the 3DS' successor in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom