• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if it's a single game then it'll be like emerald where you can get all 3 legendary pokemon. It learns those moves as a counter...

But what if it could also combine with yveltal and xernes? And that's how it gets those moves?

Well, this was certainly revealing. Not one, now two, but five forms. I wonder if they'll all be usable in battle? Sounds like they could be. What interests me now is to how these forms function as a whole, and whether or not Zygarde has some kind of mega evolution. From the sounds of it, its "Perfect Forme" doesn't seem like it. Maybe we'll see it in an upcomoing issue.

As for Greninja, it's called "Satoshi Greninja" so I'm assuming it's some kind of cosmetic anime feature.

I don't quite get the notion of why some of you guys want Mega Evolution for Zygarde on top of all these.

You know, on second thought, maybe perfect forme reallly is it. At this point I'm throwing stuff at a wall and seing if it sticks, but there really isn't much to be done. Perfect having both red and blue makes me wonder. What if its BEFORE, at around 75%, the split happens? Zygarde 75% could have 2 formes, one which has the wings and legs, and the other with the arms and chest hexagons. The hexagons have the colors of the horn gems on Xerneas, which would make that forme the counter to it, while thewings are borrowed from Yveltal being the counter to it. Only when the two join together will Zygarde Perfect appear. Zygarde Imperfect X and Xygarde Imperfect Y.

Its still one game, but depending on choices and what not, you get the one Zygarde broken off from it pre league while you have to hunt down the other in the post league. Zygarde perfect can learn either move, but only one, switchable at a special move tutor.

So the blob Zygos/Zygote thing is Zygarde, but just at it's weakest most basic?
And in this form it controls all the flat ones with spiral eyes, which it can merge with to change forme and increase its power?

As for the games, I don't think it will be just Z, once you announce the title of the new series to be XY and Z, Z becomes obvious, so why not announce it then, unless they are planning on throwing another curve ball?

Also I don't get why if baby Zygarde is sort of serpent like Z shaped, and 50% Zygarde we all know and love is serpent like Z shaped, why there is a dog forme somewhere in between.

Another thing to note, did the design change from July till now? The eyes where clearlyon the heads edge, and now the crown places em more in the middle. Plus the hexagons protruding are barely visible,while the spikes became much thicker and overshadow them then appear to be above the hexagons. Maybe the imperfect forme theory I have is partially right?

According to the Serebii timestamp this was posted 5 hours ago? So why have we only had 1 page in 5 hours? Surely that can't be all we're getting?

I'd just like to point out that with 6th gen, a lot of pokemon look bad in their 2d artwork, but look much better in their 3d models. Even disregarding this, the movie poster shows that the same thing can look much better depending on angles/etc. Look at Perfect Zygarde to see what I mean.

For sure. It looks much more imposing, and the eay its chestplate opens to 5 giant hexagons makes it look ready to fire off some huge rainbow attack.

I'm finding it very hard to articulate my thoughts on the Perfect form. Snake Zygarde has such a godly design and I was always super worried about what they were going to do with it and as I thought from the silhouette back in July the form looks bad (shoutout AgentRosa for trying to vilify me when I said this before - thankfully I feel even more justified after seeing the real thing). It's like a bad Power Rangers villain. And the art looks so weird.. I'm pretty sure this isn't Sugimori art. It looks so sharp and blocky and the colours are so bright compared to usual Sugimori art that it reminds me of the anime art every Pokemon gets. (Which would make sense as this is an anime promotion.)

Dog Zygarde is better and feels a bit more cohesive with the snake in terms of style, but I don't understand why a dog when it goes snake-like cell -> dog -> snake -> humanoid thing.

I can't see this Perfect form on the box of a game either. Idk why but it just doesn't feel like a mascot like all the previous legendaries. Compared to Xerneas and Yveltal it just looks cheap and tacky (then again we did get Dialga and Palkia so I suppose this means nothing).

However on a less negative note, I'm more interested in how these forms will work in game. Hopefully it's not based on HP like Zen Darmanitan otherwise they will be dead on arrival. The dog is supposedly fast and strong but less % than snake form, so I'm guessing it'll be something like 500 BST Dragon/Ground (typing wouldn't suit it at all tho) with high Speed and Attack. Then 50% Zygarde will be as it is now and then Perfect around 700BST. I reckon it'll keep Aura Break. Or I hope it does, because regular Zygarde can't make use of it that well so it seems a pointless inclusion if it doesn't keep it (plus they make mention of Xerneas and Yveltal in Corocoro so would make sense to keep it). Maybe Perfect form's Aura Break is a 50% reduction while snake form is still its 33% reduction like it is now and the dog is like 10% reduction or something. Though the dog could probably drop it entirely as there's no way it'll be able to keep up with Xerneas and Yveltal anyway.

Don't know what to say about the Greninja. More weirdness.

Oh and looks like Volcanion + Gen VII Pokemon for the movie next year even more now :p

I love 'em all. The dog reminds me of sky forme Shaymin with its scarf and the 100% Zygarde's upper torso looks like a Jack O lantern. I just hope that we don't have to wait for another month for a game announcement. I don't care when it comes out, I just want to know it's there, that it exists. Could come out next winter, wouldn't care, just want an announcement. Is that so much to ask? Am I being unreasonable? Please note that I am calm as a stoned cucumber, so no hysterics. When the game does get announced, though, I hope to Arceus that Masuda isn't at the helm with the mobile madness phase he has going on.

I don't care when it comes out, I just want to know it's there, that it exists.

The anime becoming "XY&Z" is quite telling. It's similar to them changing to "Best Wishes 2" timed with the release of BW2, only this time the anime is oddly pulling it earlier than the game release... perhaps we'll at least get the announcement together with the premier of "XY&Z"? Which means October 29.
I guess either October or November is when we'll get an official Z announcement. Then the release will be anywhere during the first half of 2016. I wanna say February for 20th anniversary, but it just feels like there's SO MUCH going on in early 2016 already: PSMD for Europe, Pokémon Go and Pokkén.

Why are people so certain this means Z is coming soon? It seems bizarre to me that they would both announce and air the "Z" arc in the anime before a Z game even releases. It feels like the opposite to me - they are getting the Zygarde business out of the way so they aren't restricted to do it next year (presumably because they have other plans).

If I was in charge of the marketing I think I'd rather announce the Z game first along with the mascot rather than the mascot being shoved into and promoted through the anime. While the anime is fairly popular I'd say the games are still the biggest focus for most fans and as such marketing would probably reflect that.

Maybe they decided to use the anime for extended promotion for "Z" in the waiting time rather than start the anime promotion once it's already out?
Lots of fans have been whining about wanting main series game news and evidently Gamefreak are now involved with the social media fans (that's what prompted them to do ORAS) so perhaps this is their way to tell people to "calm down" and feel safer knowing their Z is approacing.
I don't know, it IS a bit weird the anime is starting it prior to the game release, but it still makes sense to promote something some time in advance to create hype rather than start promoting it the moment it's already out. Perhaps they're adopting a different mentality. (I think that way back then, the Johto anime saga actually started airing in Japan a while before the games were released, so it's not the first time the anime preceded the games)

Why are people so certain this means Z is coming soon? It seems bizarre to me that they would both announce and air the "Z" arc in the anime before a Z game even releases. It feels like the opposite to me - they are getting the Zygarde business out of the way so they aren't restricted to do it next year (presumably because they have other plans).

If I was in charge of the marketing I think I'd rather announce the Z game first along with the mascot rather than the mascot being shoved into and promoted through the anime. While the anime is fairly popular I'd say the games are still the biggest focus for most fans and as such marketing would probably reflect that.

I think the anime wants to do it sooner than wait for the game's release to do the advertising like it did with BW2. That way, it can try to build up hype overtime and advertise that a new game is coming instead of doing it around the time the games are out. It's similar to how they showed Kalos Pokemon in the anime a few months before the game came out. I could see the Flare arc ending around the time the game's are released too. The anime building up the arc just around when advertising, announcements and promotion are about to start help to make the advertisement feel more in sync.

I don't care when it comes out, I just want to know it's there, that it exists.

The anime becoming "XY&Z" is quite telling. It's similar to them changing to "Best Wishes 2" timed with the release of BW2, only this time the anime is oddly pulling it earlier than the game release... perhaps we'll at least get the announcement together with the premier of "XY&Z"? Which means October 29.
I guess either October or November is when we'll get an official Z announcement. Then the release will be anywhere during the first half of 2016. I wanna say February for 20th anniversary, but it just feels like there's SO MUCH going on in early 2016 already: PSMD for Europe, Pokémon Go and Pokkén.

Well, Nintendo have never cared for Europe's release schedule that much, so close proximity releases are not beyond imagination. Also GO is free, and Pokkén is a different platform. A release around the anniversary is not impossible, but I do think it'll probably be around May-June, which would be good for me, as my wallet needs the rest.

Honestly thinking about it, it makes way more sense to start promoting a game a while before it's out rather than from the day it's already released... perhaps they should keep this mentality and start the gen 7 anime a bit before the actual game release, as they once did with Johto.
I really don't understand how anyone can keep denying Z happening at this point. Z in the anime series title, Zygarde getting a bunch of forms and is about to get tons of focus in Mega Evo Act IV, the main series AND the next movie. There's no reason for all this focus other than it starring in a new main game. And XY was so lacking that we should all embrace the idea of a third version since it got the potential to give us what XY should've been rather than the incomplete broken mess that we got.

I think the anime wants to do it sooner than wait for the game's release to do the advertising like it did with BW2. That way, it can try to build up hype overtime and advertise that a new game is coming instead of doing it around the time the games are out. It's similar to how they showed Kalos Pokemon in the anime a few months before the game came out. I could see the Flare arc ending around the time the game's are released too. The anime building up the arc just around when advertising, announcements and promotion are about to start help to make the advertisement feel more in sync.

I really don't see the anime arc generating any extra hype for the game though. For starters, the biggest form of hype with games is the initial reveal of the game and the anime has essentially stolen that spot by showing what we assume is going to be the mascot and the name. I don't really consider new Kalos Pokemon appearing in the anime the same as this. That was a completely new generation and those games usually bring new Pokemon, new gym leaders, new locations, new attacks, new abilities, new features, new mechanics etc with lots more potential to promote. Third versions generally aren't like that. (Though I wonder if the weird deviantart Greninja OC is a sign of a new feature if the game is coming.)

If the anime had promoted most of the XY games before XY had released I'd agree. But this seems like it's going to take the core focus of a third version (the third trio member) and finish its focus on it before the game is even released. It reminds me of the Meloetta situation a lot, where they wanted to rush through so slotted it into the anime.

The only way I could see it work is if Z is just pushed out of the door within a month or two. But I don't see that being a likely scenario.

Idk, I'm just finding it hard to consider this a sign that Z is going to be announced soon. To me it really does seem like the opposite but of course I could be wrong.

Close proximity releases are a definite possibility. People forget that they've done it before. Stadium 2 and Crystal came out on the same day.

Well, I woke up this morning to find the leaks! Thoughts so far:

-I never cared much for legendaries or their formes because I don't use them in game, however I always enjoy seeing their artwork and how creative it gets.
-fish becomes octopus, nobody bats an eye. Giant snake becomes dog, everyone loses their minds.
-that doggy forme is gorgeous though, I kind of wish it was a new Pokemon design and not 'wasted' as a forme on Zygarde!
-Lol, 'XY and Z'? Really? Ok, either we are getting some kind of 'Z' related Kalos game or they are officially trolling us. Hard.
-The Greninja/Ash fusion thing worries me a little. I hope it's anime only and the idea will never, ever transfer to the games. For years I've defended Pokemon every time someone accused it of stealing ideas from Digimon. It became a lot harder to defend with the advent of Mega Evolution, and it's gonna be impossible to defend if Gamefreak start doing trainer/Pokemon fusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom