• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason for all this focus other than it starring in a new main game. And XY was so lacking that we should all embrace the idea of a third version since it got the potential to give us what XY should've been rather than the incomplete broken mess that we got.

I didn't feel like XY was an incomplete broken mess, other than Team Flare's writing and extending the time between the 3-4 gyms and 4-6 gyms. I am more worried that there isn't that much to add to XY other than giving it a Battle Frontier, getting more Mega Evolutions and improving Team Flare's plot and characters. XY felt like a very complete game to me like how BW was. While I haven't played Platinum I heard it's one of the better third versions, which I'd cough it up to DP being more incomplete games with its awful region dex. They're all complete games in their own right anyway, I don't think XY had any content that you don't see in your average Pokemon game that makes it "incomplete" or "broken".

I really don't see the anime arc generating any extra hype for the game though. For starters, the biggest form of hype with games is the initial reveal of the game and the anime has essentially stolen that spot by showing what we assume is going to be the mascot and the name. I don't really consider new Kalos Pokemon appearing in the anime the same as this. That was a completely new generation and those games usually bring new Pokemon, new gym leaders, new locations, new attacks, new abilities, new features, new mechanics etc with lots more potential to promote. Third versions generally aren't like that. (Though I wonder if the weird deviantart Greninja OC is a sign of a new feature if the game is coming.)

If the anime isn't meant to or doesn't generate any extra hype for new games or the eventual merchandise that would be released from its new content, then there's no point for the anime. We've already had Pokemon appearing in the anime years before the games they appeared in which already foreshadowed and helped create hype for a new generation of Pokemon and games. We've even had movies featuring new Pokemon as the new stars before their games even came out for crying out loud.

If the anime had promoted most of the XY games before XY had released I'd agree. But this seems like it's going to take the core focus of a third version (the third trio member) and finish its focus on it before the game is even released. It reminds me of the Meloetta situation a lot, where they wanted to rush through so slotted it into the anime.

Meloetta ended up joining the group early without having that much focus and had a two-parter finish her use. Mega Evolution Act IV looks like it's going to be more of a catalyst, and considering how the evil Team's plot is developed, we'll have the regular anime episodes with Team Flare becoming involved there and there. They could go more the Episode N route with very little filler and having the episodes be more connected, but I don't see them making 26 episodes with most of the episodes being about Team Flare until the new games are out. There would still be Serena's showcases, Ash's eight gym badge, evolution episodes, potential capturing episodes, usual filler, and then after the Team Flare Arc is done, finish the league, or maybe finish it beforehand.

Last edited:
If the anime had promoted most of the XY games before XY had released I'd agree. But this seems like it's going to take the core focus of a third version (the third trio member) and finish its focus on it before the game is even released.
We don't really know how long this will last nor when the game will be released. And with Ash yet to gain his final badge and with Serena yet to gain more Showcase keys, I doubt Pokémon XY and Z will be as short as you think. So this won't merely be a Team Flare arc (like episode N was a Team Plasma arc), but literally a continuation of current series with added focus on Team Flare, Zygarde, the cell, etc.

The Zygarde 10% forme is apparently a Garmr, a protective dog of the norse mythology.

Close proximity releases are a definite possibility. People forget that they've done it before. Stadium 2 and Crystal came out on the same day.

Well these two complemented each other and were supposed to be linked together, although... I guess the same could be said abot Go and the potential Z? Since they did say Go would link with main series... and I assume it won't be able to link with the already-released ones, so maybe they'd want to release "Z" around the same time as Go so Go users can immediately perform the main series link feature?
Also, in that case, and assuming Go does heavily focus on gen 1, I hope they remove most if not all of the forced gen 1 stuff, like getting a Kanto starter or Snorlax/Mewtwo, since you'd get these through Go anyway, and hopefully instead focus more on the actual gen 6 Pokémon and work towards giving Kalos more of its own identity rather than rely on Kanto so much.
The main thing is that I'd like to see where Flare found Xerneas and Yveltal, we never see the places in XY but it'd be cool if we can see them in Z, where I'm assuming we'll be able to catch them both. There's a lot of potential in Z if they do it right.

There's no reason for all this focus other than it starring in a new main game. And XY was so lacking that we should all embrace the idea of a third version since it got the potential to give us what XY should've been rather than the incomplete broken mess that we got.

I didn't feel like XY was an incomplete broken mess, other than Team Flare's writing and extending the time between the 3-4 gyms and 4-6 gyms. I am more worried that there isn't that much to add to XY other than giving it a Battle Frontier, getting more Mega Evolutions and improving Team Flare's plot and characters. XY felt like a very complete game to me like how BW was. While I haven't played Platinum I heard it's one of the better third versions, which I'd cough it up to DP being more incomplete games with its awful region dex. They're all complete games in their own right anyway, I don't think XY had any content that you don't see in your average Pokemon game that makes it "incomplete" or "broken".

XY had the absolute worst most boring story and characters ever, that's broken enough for me. Plus ORAS raised continuity issues that could be easily solved if Z changes some lines. So to me, yes XY was extremely broken.
I want more focus on Team Flare, see them more often, learn more about its members, see where they captured Xerneas and Yveltal, make Diantha more involved in the stuff that's happening, make some changes to your friend group so I can bring myself to at least mildly care about any of them and see them develope a bit more, maybe even add more to the Looker/Emma story, etc........
There's so so so much that was wrong in XY and "Z" can potentially fix all of these many wrongs.
You don't have to agree with me, but I was not happy with XY at all aside from the graphics... and I see Z as the hope for me to get what I think XY should've been.

Last edited:
Maybe Pokemon has finally seen sense, here in the UK, and most likely a majority of the West, we saw the anime first and then loved it so much we bought the games, even though the games came first. This is especially the case with Yellow. We all wanted to play through and experience what we had seen on tv.

But ever since that, things have progressed so that we get the games, and then over the next 2 years the anime acts as an adverts for the games, we watch Ash go on his journey and sort of stick to what we did.
It makes much more sense, always has done, to do it the other way around. So in this case, we see all the Z content in the anime/movies and really want it so bad, and then the game comes out and we can play through it.

It's just Marketing 101, you advertise a product then release it, not release it then advertise!

Ok, summing the info together:

1. Perfect Zygarde is really bringing Pokemon to the DBZ universe and Digimon Universe. Awfull looking.

- DogGarde reminds me of Suicune too much. I like it but not as part of Zygarde. It doesn´t look related to the other forms and it kinda looks like they are seriously running out of Pokemon design ideas. It´s a pitty.

- Zygarde didn´t need 5 forms. GF are starting to have some bad ideas lately... However, i think the cell flat zygarde and the blob brain Zygarde are not usable forms but forms that you find during the story to trigger the "usable forms" of Zygarde: Dog form, current form, and perfect form.

- Why are people suggesting there could be other forms of Zygarde? Is this information or speculation?

- Greninja looks like a Cosplay form, rather than a Mega. Also, it could suggest a new version of the Movie features in the first Kalos games in which a Cosplay starter stars in movies with you. Maybe the feature will be expanded, just like RSE Contests were expanded in ORAS.

- So does this confirm a new Z game, or is there a possibility of them releasing a big DLC to finish Gen 6 early and start Gen 7 in 2016? Is this aviable option? Is DLC still ruled out for XY?

- I think this Zygarde news makes me feel like Pokemon is becoming over complicated andGF mught be running out of ideas to surprise fans with. This looks more as a confirmation of a cross game between Pokemon and DBZ. I like Pokemon to look like Pokemon, not Digimon using Dragon ball mechanics (Zygarde is the same colours like Cell for f*** sake).

I thought Zekrom already looked digimomish but Perfect Zygarde is too digimonish.

I just don't like when Pokemon copies other franchises. Pokemon should generally remind us of animals, and this looks like a gigantic giant...

Last edited:
Maybe Pokemon has finally seen sense, here in the UK, and most likely a majority of the West, we saw the anime first and then loved it so much we bought the games, even though the games came first. This is especially the case with Yellow. We all wanted to play through and experience what we had seen on tv.

But ever since that, things have progressed so that we get the games, and then over the next 2 years the anime acts as an adverts for the games, we watch Ash go on his journey and sort of stick to what we did.
It makes much more sense, always has done, to do it the other way around. So in this case, we see all the Z content in the anime/movies and really want it so bad, and then the game comes out and we can play through it.

It's just Marketing 101, you advertise a product then release it, not release it then advertise!

True. They really need to stick to this mentality. It feels weird cause we got used to game first anime second, but if you think about it anime first makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE. If the anime is used to promote the games, why start the promotion the moment the game is alreay out? It makes more sense to promote the game for a few months BEFORE its release, to create hype and show us new content that will make us want to buy the game the moment it's released, rather than see the anime do what we already played in the game we just bought.
I seriously hope this will stick and that the gen 7 anime will start a bit before the actual game release, just like they once did with Johto.

XY had the absolute worst most boring story and characters ever, that's broken enough for me.

Then we have different definitions of what something broken and incomplete is in mind.

I'd say Zygarde is pretty original with the cells that make it combine into something else(I don't see how that has anything to do with DBZ mechanics(?) or the like either, Cell could absorb people for strength, they weren't pieces like what the Zygarde Cell is that finish a bigger puzzle), having a dog form is pretty cool and makes sense considering Garmr. The final form feels like it's too much, but I don't know the basis for it and everything about it so I'll wait before passing complete judgement. The blue and red imply Xerneas and Yvetal to me, so maybe it's meant to represent both life and death itself?

I can see more formes because I doubt this is all we'll see, with all the percentages hinting there could be more, and I'd think GameFreak would want to show more Zygarde forms gradually closer to the game's release than all of them at once.

This absolutely means a new game is coming, just not Z specifically. I can't explain it, but Zygarde getting multiple formes and power levels, something that would make up an amazing new gameplay mechanic if turned into a plot throughtout the game then just towards the end,only to be an Anime only event with it squeezed into a gen 7 release next year feels like a squandered thought, and ultimately a letdown. More so, I still believe whatever the Anime does with Zygarde its going to be widly different fromthe game events, and I don't think its gonna be something completed in the next two months. Noivern and Greninja aren't gonna happen in that short of a time period, and neither is team flare being defeated. I see this happening:
-Next release announced next month, riding off the momentum. Ashninja game event revealed along with it
-XY&Z starts.
-Games release in February, megas and theusual get revealed till then.
- Up till February, the showhas taken a break from the flare plot but picks up when the games release
-XY&Z offers a resolution to Zygarde and Team Flare post league, with some new game characters and what not.

And yeah, even if I was negative of an October reveal with a February release, a 4 month reveal to release period IS what B2W2 got, and I doubt all this Zygarde stuff is for games a good year out.

Edit:Zygarde 25% Forme would be a squirrel, based on Ratatosk, and the imperfect formes I suggested would be Xrneas and Yveltal inspired, covering the full gamut of norse mythological creatures.

Considering the varying Zygarde formes, I'd love if near the beginning of the game, we got Cell/Core Zygarde and if we wanted we could use it as a Pokemon in our team! It would not be a story requirement but maybe with the more Cell Zygardes it just gets a better forme, and that if you trained it in your team, it could go against the main villain human or Pokemon?

Also, remember that aside form the anime "restarting" in late October, the variety live show is doing the same earlier in October. Get TV will change to that "House Assemble" thing or whatever it's called. Maybe we'll get the Z announcement there? (according to bulbapedia the first BW2 announcement came from Junichi Masuda's appearance in Smash which was the variety show of the that time, so maybe they'll do the same now)

Seems to me though that Zygarde won't be the box star of the game(s)... aren't they usually revealed when the games are? I can't remember all the way back, but Reshiram/Zekrom were revealed with the BW games announcement, Black/White Kyurem with the B2W2 one, Xerneas/Yveltal with the XY one. So why would they reveal Zygarde already and not the games?

Unless it has even more formes and one of them (or possibly two) will be the box legends. Or maybe they're just doing it differently haha!

What if the forms behave like an evolutionary line? The arrows on the scans only go one way, maybe indicating a permanent change. I just hope we can use each form (except the cell form) in whatever game(s) we get.

That idea popped upinmy head, but then it would feel forced. Instead I would love it ifZygarde Core was instead a following Pokemon, but not a part of your team. Kinda like Pikachu in Yellow andany mon in HGSS, but not yours to use in battle. Theway I see it,your capture tutorial is against a Zygarde Core, something never seen before. You try to capture it,but it could only he defeated in battle. Liking your battle spunk or whatever, it decides to join you, while a character suggest taking it to Sycamore for research. By the time you get there, it has bonded with you and he suggest neeting other scientists/mystics who would know more. As you travel Kalos ot attracts other cells, and slowly evolves. By the time you get to Couriway it reaches Zygarde 50%, running away to Terminus Cave,with it nowhere in sight as you explore it. Then when the final climax happens, perhaps against Mega Xerneas/Mega Yveltal, the Zygarde comes back to be captured by you, so you can go against the Mega Legendaries, in the imperfect forme. Post gamewould be trying to get the Mega Legendaries, and getting Zygarde Perfect.

Really this plot could be amazing with new Kalos areas and as a sequel.

Perfect Cell Green and Black monster? Pokemon (DB)Z confirmed.

I appreciate their intention to allways surprise us, but they should choose their surprises better.

It's just... Too many changes to a solid Pokemon formula. And I LOVE the Mega Evolution concept, but that and the Primals was enough new mechanics for this generation. This Ziggy mess is too much.

Last edited:
I agree I have a feeling the Perfect Zygarde may not be in the box art of its game.

That idea popped upinmy head, but then it would feel forced. Instead I would love it ifZygarde Core was instead a following Pokemon, but not a part of your team. Kinda like Pikachu in Yellow andany mon in HGSS, but not yours to use in battle. Theway I see it,your capture tutorial is against a Zygarde Core, something never seen before. You try to capture it,but it could only he defeated in battle. Liking your battle spunk or whatever, it decides to join you, while a character suggest taking it to Sycamore for research. By the time you get there, it has bonded with you and he suggest neeting other scientists/mystics who would know more. As you travel Kalos ot attracts other cells, and slowly evolves. By the time you get to Couriway it reaches Zygarde 50%, running away to Terminus Cave,with it nowhere in sight as you explore it. Then when the final climax happens, perhaps against Mega Xerneas/Mega Yveltal, the Zygarde comes back to be captured by you, so you can go against the Mega Legendaries, in the imperfect forme. Post gamewould be trying to get the Mega Legendaries, and getting Zygarde Perfect.

Really this plot could be amazing with new Kalos areas and as a sequel.

It just being a Pokemon that can follow you around feels like it's wasted potential. I'd prefer if Core was a usable Pokemon, which would make it easier to bond with it if it's with you in your journey, and it becomes more powerful and changes formes depending on the certain amount of percentage of total Cells it has. You could get it by saving it from an evil Team and keeping it with you to keep it safe early on.

If Zygarde Core wasn't so awful looking, I'd think we'd be getting a game where its our starter/early-game special Pokemon that we need to use to progress the game. That's the only reason I could imagine us getting such weak forms that will immediately be outclassed.

Even though they're form changes, I'd say they'd be treated closer to (reversible) evolutions. While the DBZ references makes sense, it actually reminds me more of Lucemon from Digimon, whose evolutionary stages were all called "Lucemon ______ mode"

If Zygarde Core wasn't so awful looking, I'd think we'd be getting a game where its our starter/early-game special Pokemon that we need to use to progress the game. That's the only reason I could imagine us getting such weak forms that will immediately be outclassed.
I honestly doubt those forms will be usable. I think only Zygarde 10%, 50% and 100% will be usable in competitive play and generally in battles.

I can't believe I'm using the percent sign for a Pokemon...

Game Freak better not be putting out a third version. Charging $40 for what could be $10 DLC is completely unacceptable. I will not be supporting Pokemon if that's what the future of the series is going to be like. Not to mention the Zygarde forms look like crap. Game Freak has tremendously talented artists. They can do much better than that.

I was going to reply to the responses I got, but as I was doing it I realised that I frankly don't care about it enough to spend ages typing out my usual tl;dr waffle, since none of us truly know what's going to happen so it ends up being pointless. I just don't think people should be so certain that Z is most definitely 100% coming next month but if you guys want to be certain then I suppose I can't, shouldn't and won't stop you.

Anyway, I'm much more interested in how the forms will translate to the games (whenever and whatever that game might be) and if the % factor is just for name alone or will play a role in how Zygarde changes. Also if the Cell forms will be something you will have control over (increasing or decreasing the % for example) and if so where you get them from.

I'm assuming these forms will have different movepools? The dog being Dragon/Ground alone would be weird enough but if it started to learn Coil, Glare, Dragon Tail... it would be too shortsighted on Game Freak's behalf as that would cement it as a snake still. Then again, previous mammalian Pokemon like Stoutland, Luxray and Pyroar tend to have crappy movepools so I suppose it would be good if it kept Zygarde's existing snake movepool in a sense as it's got some pretty cool things like Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, Glare and Coil.

And I wonder if all forms of % Zygarde will gain access to Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves or only the Perfect one.

Also where are people getting that there's more % forms? Does Corocoro say there's others? If it does then we can probably write off deer and hawk/eagle/vulture thanks to Xerneas and Yveltal I suppose.

Edit: I suppose I should note that I quite like the % concept atm, given my first post in this thread today probably seemed super negative. I just don't like the Perfect form's design at all. Dog is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom