• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see more choices in the game.
It would be good if you got to choose to be a Pokémon Trainer, a Sky Battle Trainer, A Pokémon Contester, a Gym Leader or something else. It would be good to be able to expand in plot in these areas, like ORAS and Lisia in Pokémon Contests.

I'd love to see more choices in the game.
It would be good if you got to choose to be a Pokémon Trainer, a Sky Battle Trainer, A Pokémon Contester, a Gym Leader or something else. It would be good to be able to expand in plot in these areas, like ORAS and Lisia in Pokémon Contests.

Ooh, I know! We could have... a choice to remove our hat!

And they can't give me that BS about the hat "marking out" the protagonist. Countless other games have worked around this with other features like spiky hair. I'm not saying that the protags of Pokemon games need that, of course... just an option to remove the hat would be great. Or they could just replace it with some kind of different headgear, like... goggles or something.

For the upteempth time, the point of contention is that they didn't have to say that ORAS will be used next year unless it's true.
and there's no alternative that doesn't spoil the future.

Why wouldn't there be new Mega Evolutions in a new game? They dealt with the new ORAS content by disqualifying XY players from VGC 2015 and now VGC 2016. The fact that ORAS will still be used next year makes it incredibly problematic for a new game to be released by August. Mind you, VGC has always forced the latest games to be used regardless of compatibility issues.
there's certainly going to be new Megas, but i also highly doubt CHALK (or at least CHAL) is going anywhere anytime soon. i highly doubt Z or whatever the last game of Gen VI is will be as meta changing as XY was. certainly not really big enough to need more than a couple months to adapt to.

Nevermind then, Serebii says it's just a trademark for the anime.

ORAS is for sure the games they'll use, but they have a whole 10 months to go if they want to list anymore participating games on top of what's already listed.
But they have no reason to use ORAS if a new game is out by August. In any given year, VGC only allowed the latest game(s) to be used (Platinum in 2009, HGSS in 2010, BW in 2011 and 2012, B2W2 in 2013, XY in 2014 and ORAS in 2015). They do it for marketing reasons, but in ORAS' case it was also necessary due to the lack of full compatibility with XY. A new Generation VI game is very unlikely to be treated differently.

I do think that CoroCoro is capable of revealing a game, even though it's not normally done that way. I'm not saying this particular one next week will or the next issue, I'm just saying anything can happen... I honestly can't speak for past coverages for Platinum or even Black and White, because I can't remember that far back.

I will say this though... CoroCoro has been the only one so far since July(when 100% Zygarde's silhouette and Core were seen for the very first time) that's been creating the noise. Anybody else reporting on it only covered what we already knew from CoroCoro instead of giving us new information. Literally everybody, right down to Masuda's Twitter, has been eerily quiet except for that time when he told his followers to watch out for CoroCoro last month.

I'm not expecting this month's Corocoro to show anything new, because they haven't promised anything.

I think the announcement will come on early december (so the mid-december movie 19 teaser can promote the game in some way) or mid january (just like XY).

I'd love to be proven wrong and get the announcement ASAP, by the way...

Corocoro probably won't. It can happen, but it doesn't give the game the best introduction. Being introduced by the actual company is the best way to do it. Corocoro's job is just to give us heaps of evidence. They need an international introduction, not an introduction in a Japanese magazine. They give us the facts, while the Pokémon Company gives us the proof/announcement.

Wasnt that new Sunday show in Japan supposed to be starting today? As in a few hours ago in Japan time.
Guess they had nothing interesting.

Also isnt CoroCoro soon?

The XY&Z trademark listing Game Freak, and Creatures Inc etc, instead of any of the Anime people also seems interesting. Could that be the name of the Game? XY&Z?
Maybe you could play through either X or Y then have a Z after based on what one you played on the same cart. Or maybe they mash all 3 stories together?

Looks like Corocoro is leaking now. And we might have a new Yvetal and xerneas form on our hands as well.
1444530998641.jpg
1444530936790.jpg

Those aren't new forms, those are their Shiny forms. It's weird how there's going to be an event for those two and a regular Zygarde.

There goes my hopes about this month's CoroCoro giving us any useful info...
I still think GameFreak could reveal the next game(s) with an out-of-the-blue announcement like with OR/AS. The latest I could see them making a huge announcement is late November, because I get the impression GameFreak has been secretive because of the new Mystery Dungeon, which a new main series game would steal attention from. By the end of the November, there would be no reason to wait.

Zygarde.

Why you no Shiny??

*Zygarde wandering through Reflection Cave* "Mirror, mirror, on the rock wall... who is the Shiniest of them all?"
Mirror: "Your brethren, Xerneas and Yveltal, my lord."
Zygarde: "Those damn bastards... I SWEAR TO ARCEUS WHEN I EVOLVE, I WILL KILL YOU ALL!" *dramatically transforms into Complete Forme*

No but seriously... I don't get it. Zygarde is just... regular Zygarde. Oh excuse me... 50% Forme. It's strange, because he's just like the Zygarde that you can catch in X and Y, moveset and all. Unless... these guys are specifically for ORAS? Because I don't think you can even catch them wild in ORAS like you can with all the other Legendaries, right?

Unless... these guys are specifically for ORAS? Because I don't think you can even catch them wild in ORAS like you can with all the other Legendaries, right?
They're for XY and ORAS. At least the Zygarde is level 100, so kids might find it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom