• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all forget that there's code for six games in this generation. Which means we have two games to go. There's three realistic routes this could take short of a major pattern change in the main series:

1. Paired Kalos sequels (X2/Y2)
Personally I'd hate this because I want Kanto games but Kalos does need another shot at glory.

2. Paired Kanto remakes (BlastRed/FrenzyGreen)
Ideally, this is what should happen. We got the new paired games, then Gen III's Hoenn remakes, to complete the Gen III set I think we need a redone Kanto revisit. With this option, I believe there would be a Kalos expansion DLC, probably called "Episode Z" in the absence of another Kalos game.

3. Third Kalos game and a solo Kanto game (Pokemon Z and Pokemon Volt Yellow)
I think this option makes the most sense. No Kalos sequels, but a remake, well-done revisit to Kalos, as well as the revival of a fan-favorite and for-sure 3DS best seller. With this, both Kalos and Kanto get some love, and imagine all the fans who would come back to Pokemon for the nostalgia of Yellow.

Like I said, short of a major pattern change and a never before seen change, these are the realistic options.

I'm sure no one has forgotten about it, but you do know it doesn't mean we'll get two games, right? It's likely that Pokemon Go will take the sixth slot, since it'll connect with the main games, and there'd be Pokemon originating from Go.

And why does Kanto even need another game...? It makes no sense for them to release R/B/Y on the VC, and then remake Kanto. The sales would clash with each other. Let Kalos have a chance to shine instead of more Kanto games.

I'm sure no one has forgotten about it, but you do know it doesn't mean we'll get two games, right? It's likely that Pokemon Go will take the sixth slot, since it'll connect with the main games, and there'd be Pokemon originating from Go.

And why does Kanto even need another game...? It makes no sense for them to release R/B/Y on the VC, and then remake Kanto. The sales would clash with each other. Let Kalos have a chance to shine instead of more Kanto games.

So you must not know the current plot of the Pokemon games?

XY/ORAS exist outside of the Gen I-II and Gen III-V universe, as hinted at by Zinnia and later confirmed by GF. For this to happen properly, we need games to fill the gaps of each pre-existing region known in the Pokemon World.

yfbibcxdjog0ltyibfao.png

So as you can see, RBY has no place in the Megaverse, as it has been named, which is why Kanto games are a must, to fill the void left to go alongside Hoenn. This is how the main series timeline goes:

Kanto/Hoenn (3 years later)-> Johto/Sinnoh/Unova 1 (2 years later)-> Kalos/Unova 2

So you must not know the current plot of the Pokemon games?

XY/ORAS exist outside of the Gen I-II and Gen III-V universe, as hinted at by Zinnia and later confirmed by GF. For this to happen properly, we need games to fill the gaps of each pre-existing region known in the Pokemon World.

yfbibcxdjog0ltyibfao.png

Eh, I can see a Kanto remake or whatever happening in the far future, but certainly not anytime soon, though, Origins pretty much showed what Kanto would be like in the Megaverse, so it'd be pointless if it was remade just for that imo. I'd prefer a sequel of it if anything.

RBY proves nothing, if anything it could be thought of as a teaser/trailer for what's to come with future Kanto games,
....so another port of Kanto? whoppeeee. GameFreak would really shoot itself in the foot to do yet another re-remake of Gen I that is just a slightly more polished port.

on your 'we need Megaverse!RBY-Kanto,' that's not necessarily true. we already have Origins, which was a fairly faithful anime adaptation of the original games, and ORAS. what does ORAS have to do with it? well between the Origins and ORAS, despite both being in the Megaverse, neither made radical changes to the original games' plots. yes, there were some differences, but many of those were simply aesthetic changes that while attributed to being in the Megaverse are in actuality a result of technical improvements allowing GameFreak to do more.

they'd be borderline stupid not to take advantage of the nostalgia factor Yellow would bring with it.
that's true-- however there's already the pending re-release of the original Yellow, and for a fraction of the price of a ZapYellow or whatever you want to call it.

And as for Kanto deserving another shot and Kalos supposedly not, you realize option 1 was the one I supported the least right?
i must've misread something somewhere. moving on.

These are just the reasonable options GF could take based on previous generational patterns, don't shoot me for it lol
the only 'reasonable' option that GameFreak could take is that they will release a third Kalos game. there's nothing else to it. in the West, every generation, except outlier Generation V, has followed a nearly identical pattern of main pair, third enhanced version, and paired remakes.

Oh, and Pokemon Go isn't going to take up a main series slot, it's an application for iOS and Android also, so it's definitely not going to fit into one of those slots for the 3DS version.
so what you clearly don't know is what created the "there's two games left" theory. datamining in Bank found that there were strings for two other pentagon-tagged games (ie., games that produce Pokemon tagged with the Gen VI pentagon). because this was prior to the announcement for Go, most people assumed that that meant that there were going to be two more Gen VI games for the 3DS. with the announcement of Go and GameFreak's statement that they want it to have some semblance of compatibility with the main series, it's likely that Go, should it be released in VI, is one of those pentagon-tagged games.

factoring that in with what GameFreak has done in the past, it's likely that GameFreak's next releases will be the last two pentagon games, Kalos Game #3 and Go. the other alternative is that Gen VII simply starts and the strings are unused like some things in previous generations.

....so another port of Kanto? whoppeeee. GameFreak would really shoot itself in the foot to do yet another re-remake of Gen I that is just a slightly more polished port.

that's true-- however there's already the pending re-release of the original Yellow, and for a fraction of the price of a ZapYellow or whatever you want to call it.

i must've misread something somewhere. moving on.

the only 'reasonable' option that GameFreak could take is that they will release a third Kalos game. there's nothing else to it. in the West, every generation, except outlier Generation V, has followed a nearly identical pattern of main pair, third enhanced version, and paired remakes.

so what you clearly don't know is what created the "there's two games left" theory. datamining in Bank found that there were strings for two other pentagon-tagged games (ie., games that produce Pokemon tagged with the Gen VI pentagon). because this was prior to the announcement for Go, most people assumed that that meant that there were going to be two more Gen VI games for the 3DS. with the announcement of Go and GameFreak's statement that they want it to have some semblance of compatibility with the main series, it's likely that Go, should it be released in VI, is one of those pentagon-tagged games.

factoring that in with what GameFreak has done in the past, it's likely that GameFreak's next releases will be the last two pentagon games, Kalos Game #3 and Go. the other alternative is that Gen VII simply starts and the strings are unused like some things in previous generations.

While getting Kanto for Gen VII could be a possibility if Go and the almost-confirmed Z are taking the last two spots, it makes no sense to have Kanto in a different generation than Hoenn when they happen at the same time.

While getting Kanto for Gen VII could be a possibility if Go and the almost-confirmed Z are taking the last two spots, it makes no sense to have Kanto in a different generation than Hoenn when they happen at the same time.
Kalos and two years after BW-Unova take place in different generations at the same time. Hoenn and Kalos take place at different times in the same generation. #itdontmatter

Kalos and two years after BW-Unova take place in different generations at the same time. Hoenn and Kalos take place at different times in the same generation. #itdontmatter

Okay, fair enough. I stand corrected there. Still makes sense to remake the entirety of Gen III in Gen VI.

After the RBY VC releases, Kanto remakes are less likely. If they sell well, we might not get Kanto remakes. However, they could instead do Kanto revisits, not being remakes.

I am all for an other Kanto (+ Sevii) revisit, either in a remake, or a non related revisit.

Okay, fair enough. I stand corrected there. Still makes sense to remake the entirety of Gen III in Gen VI.

No, it doesn't make sense. We don't need all of Gen 3 games to be remade or be on gen 6. ORAS are the remakes of gen 6 and the next Kalos game would be the last of gen 6. I prefer sinnoh remakes for gen 7 since Kanto had plenty of appearances. Kanto had appeared in gen 1, gen 2, gen 3 and gen 4 games which makes that 4 generations in a row. We need a real break from Kanto but it would return one day.

No, it doesn't make sense. We don't need all of Gen 3 games to be remade or be on gen 6. ORAS are the remakes of gen 6 and the next Kalos game would be the last of gen 6. I prefer sinnoh remakes for gen 7 since Kanto had plenty of appearances. Kanto had appeared in gen 1, gen 2, gen 3 and gen 4 games which makes that 4 generations in a row. We need a real break from Kanto but it would return one day.

I fail to see any logic in your initial statement of "it doesn't make sense", we have no previous examples to go by since this is the first time a generation that had remakes has been remade, but logic says that the main games of that generation should get a remake or revisit of some sort, especially now, since we know that Gen VI began a new version of the universe.

I fail to see any logic in your initial statement of "it doesn't make sense", we have no previous examples to go by since this is the first time a generation that had remakes has been remade, but logic says that the main games of that generation should get a remake or revisit of some sort, especially now, since we know that Gen VI began a new version of the universe.

No it doesn't. Just because Ruby and Sapphire got remade, it doesn't mean FRLG would get remakes. We are not getting two sets of remakes in one generation and Z is the logical game to come out. The idea of remakes of remakes is also ridiculous because it sounds silly when someone says it out loud. It may be a new universe for the pokemon games but that doesn't mean we are getting two remakes in a row in gen 6.

but logic says that the main games of that generation should get a remake or revisit of some sort,
and so we have ORAS, remakes of the main games of generation III, Ruby and Sapphire. and if you were to be right, what would happen in Gen IX? GameFreak would have to remake XY, ORAS, and RBYFRLG 3.0. three generations later, XII, would see the remakes of Gen IX, XY, ORAS, and RBYFRLG on top of the main generation XII games. it just becomes absurd. lest the VC ports are hugely unsuccessful, what we're more likely to see are simply ports of the pre-DS remakes and depending on the power of the next console(s), DS and 3DS remakes.

and that's not even really delving into the fact that the remakes at this point are made because, according to GameFreak, people want them.

While I do feel like Z is the most likely game to come out next, and have no qualms about Kalos getting another go (I'd be interested to see what sort of things they'd decide to tweak and what they add to it), I also wouldn't find it odd for there to be a Kanto remake in the works, although I rather doubt it would be the very next main series game released.

I mean, looking over things:
01.) It's about the be the series' 20th anniversary. Only having a virtual console release seems like an unusually small way to celebrate a series milestone, particularly when you compare it to how most major video game franchises approach their anniversaries.

02.) The virtual console release doesn't preclude the chance of a full-blown remake. At all. If anything, it could be to stir up nostalgia + interest in a re-do (which is hardly an unusual approach...the video game industry and the music industry -- particularly in Japan -- among others, will do this) especially since...

03.) Gen. I's neck of the story, Excuse Plot though it is, still only exists in complete 2D, and

04.) Gen. I's mechanics -- as everybody loves to mention -- are heavily outdated. A virtual console release gives you an 'authentic Gen. I' experience, sure, but pretty much as a corollary, it's going to draw attention to itself by making most fans that play it be painfully aware of the 'gap' between itself and Gen. VI.

05.) Plus, as was already mentioned, the Kanto game collective no longer fits into the new universe that ORAS crafted. It's going to have to be rectified at some point, and the next couple of years wouldn't be a strange time for Game Freak to decide to do so.

Since R/B/Y are coming to VC in Feb, I can't see them having a brand new Kanto game anytime soon. That's going to hit the nostalgia button harder than any remake. On that note, the Kanto starters, legendary birds & Mewtwo are already all available in X/Y.

I'm wondering what mega evolutions will be introduced next, and if we'll continue to see Pokemon specific mega stones beyond Gen VI.

In a similar fashion to how it wormed its way into every part of Kalos, Kanto manages to worm its way into this thread every other week despite the fact there's two other specific threads to discuss the future of Kanto. Further proof Kanto is a pest that needs exterminating.

Forgive my cantankerous attitude; personally I'm tired of hearing about how Kanto needs a new game. This particular discussion has been beaten more than that dead horse at this point. And by now we all know exactly how the discussion turns out because it's happened that many times.

At least we might have something interesting Corocoro in just over a week to break this up. I feel it might be Volcanion. Not sure if it would count as "big news" though, but I guess it would.

No. Absolutely no. Kalos will be amazing in the end. The only other acceptable way to handle the Kalos region, if a new generation is indeed next, would be the seventh generation in the Kalos region with new pokemon on the next console. Extremely unlikely. I'm excited for the last installation in the Kalos region on the 3DS!

They could always pull a Gen 2.

Have a new region adjacent to Kalos and then a nice, full Kalos post-game for a new chapter of the game's story. This is my hope for next year, or at least Gen 7 in general. I want Gen 7 to be the Johto to Kalos' Kanto.

Have a region adjacent to Kalos with new starters, new Pokemon in general, new characters, everything new that a generation always does. Then, in the post-game, travel through Kalos and get all the Kalos badges and make the post-game a story of Zygarde. This would allow Zygarde and its forms to be fleshed out fully with a good story, which would provide a nice, strong postgame. Perfection.

This is personally about what I'm hoping for next year. In my opinion, it's just been too long for it to just be Z. Gen 6 Kalos sequels would be okay, but honestly just give me Kalos sequels in the form of Gen 7 like Johto did for Kanto. Zygarde won't be left behind. Gives opportunity for a fantastic post-game story. Yay.

They could always pull a Gen 2.

Have a new region adjacent to Kalos and then a nice, full Kalos post-game for a new chapter of the game's story. This is my hope for next year, or at least Gen 7 in general. I want Gen 7 to be the Johto to Kalos' Kanto.

Have a region adjacent to Kalos with new starters, new Pokemon in general, new characters, everything new that a generation always does. Then, in the post-game, travel through Kalos and get all the Kalos badges and make the post-game a story of Zygarde. This would allow Zygarde and its forms to be fleshed out fully with a good story, which would provide a nice, strong postgame. Perfection.

This is personally about what I'm hoping for next year. In my opinion, it's just been too long for it to just be Z. Gen 6 Kalos sequels would be okay, but honestly just give me Kalos sequels in the form of Gen 7 like Johto did for Kanto. Zygarde won't be left behind. Gives opportunity for a fantastic post-game story. Yay.

There is a small possibility of that happening but I prefer Zygarde to be the mascot of gen 6 game since Xerneas and Yveltal are. Gen 7 can have its own legendary mascots. However, starting in a new region that is connected to Kalos is a cool idea. It would nice to have a whole new region introduced without a new gen just to spice things up. I don't consider Kalos and Kanto the same however, no matter how many similarities there are.

In a similar fashion to how it wormed its way into every part of Kalos, Kanto manages to worm its way into this thread every other week despite the fact there's two other specific threads to discuss the future of Kanto. Further proof Kanto is a pest that needs exterminating.

Forgive my cantankerous attitude; personally I'm tired of hearing about how Kanto needs a new game. This particular discussion has been beaten more than that dead horse at this point. And by now we all know exactly how the discussion turns out because it's happened that many times.

At least we might have something interesting Corocoro in just over a week to break this up. I feel it might be Volcanion. Not sure if it would count as "big news" though, but I guess it would.
Volcanion this month actually much more major then anything else. Thay would imply gen 7 is indeed coming. Like I said it would be akin to Genesect with Mega Mewtwo Y in February., only thia time it would he a new Pokemon. That or Eternal Floette would be main star, but I doubt they would do an AZ movie involving Volcanion but not Zygarde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom