• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly kind of feel deep down like if we were getting some kind of Z related game we'd have had an announcement by now, if not the release itself. I'd be happy to be wrong, but right now it feels weird that the hype train for all this Z related stuff has come and gone, and still no main game on the horizon. I don't even know what GF are doing anymore, it's confusing, but I agree with people saying that if the next game truly is set for the 2016 autumn quarter it is unlikely to focus on Zygarde. Considering that Gamefreak have been talking of pandering to casual gamers lately, it amuses me if they think their fanbase's attention spans would last that long, lol.

I do want one last epic spin around a Kalos that's better than ever, though...so prove me wrong, GF. Prove me wrong.

My theory is that they could start Gen VII, and have Kalos as post game, in a Johto & Kanto parallel.

Or, the other way around: start in Kalos, and go to a new region after that. That would be quite cool, but this is more of a speculation.

Why do you keep saying that? Zygarde would be the main pokemon that the game would focus on. There is no other legendary to be the mascot or focus of the game. Mythical pokemon never get to be mascots so they don't count.

How do you know this for a fact? Do you truly believe that by next year if a game releases in the Autumn time frame that it will focus on Zygarde? As I said above there is only so much they can do to extend the Zygarde promo all the way until next year in the Autumn. I'll stop here because at this point I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
My theory is that they could start Gen VII, and have Kalos as post game, in a Johto & Kanto parallel.

Or, the other way around: start in Kalos, and go to a new region after that. That would be quite cool, but this is more of a speculation.
Perhaps the new region could be the one that the backpacker who gave you the Strange Souvenir was talking about. Also let's not forget what Shauna said... "Know what? I'm going to a faraway region next time! I'll make lots of great memories while I'm there! ♪"

This could be one of the reasons why the game(s) would take such a long time to release since it would essentially be an actual new generation.

I really dunno how I feel on a new generation being the end chapter of Kalos as well. It would take away all the luster and mystery from the new gen, arguably more so then Johto losing from Kanto. The region was the way it was cause of the tropes already used for locales, imagine that times 10 with a region accompanying Kalos, which was a hodgepot of every locale used and more.

How do you know this for a fact? Do you truly believe that by next year if a game releases in the Autumn time frame that it will focus on Zygarde? As I said above there is only so much they can do to extend the Zygarde promo all the way until next year in the Autumn. I'll stop here because at this point I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Because Zygarde would be the mascot and therefore it would be the main focus of the game. That should be really obvious to people. We aren't getting another pokemon as mascot of Z or whatever.

As for next Kalos game being in gen 7, that is unlikely to happen and I prefer it to not happen. Gen 6 started with Kalos and should end with Kalos games. I don't like the idea of Zygarde being a mascot pokemon to gen 7 instead of gen 6. Gen 7 legendary pokemon should be the mascot of the first gen 7 games and no a gen 6 pokemon.

I am starting to think that we are getting news on Volcanion and/or Eternal Floette which is disappointing. I expected bigger news than that but it looks like we are not getting a game announcement this year. January and/or February is the last bet on a gen 6 game announcement, any latter would likely tell us that gen 7 is coming instead and ORAS were the last games. I hope it is not the case but judging by lack of leaks, I starting to think that gen 7 is on it's way soon and that is disapointing to say at least.

The mega evolution leak happened on the 13th, hell in general CoroCoro leaks in general were fairly late for XY, and they usually happened within hours of the international website updates. ORAS leaks happening on the 10th or 11th was nothing short of a miracle, definitely was not expecting them so early after the whole 2010 debacle amd crackdown with the Japanese legislation on Magazine Scans and leaking.
The importance of the contents have no direct impact on when the leaks happen, and neither does the when impact the importance. Either way game news or not, December marks the beginning of Movie 19s reveal cycle, and this is gonna be an interesting case with Zygarde in focus through the actual anime.

CoroCoro doesn't announce main series games. If it were going to cover such a game, we would have an announcement by now to prevent a leak.

I really dunno how I feel on a new generation being the end chapter of Kalos as well. It would take away all the luster and mystery from the new gen, arguably more so then Johto losing from Kanto. The region was the way it was cause of the tropes already used for locales, imagine that times 10 with a region accompanying Kalos, which was a hodgepot of every locale used and more.
I'm with you there Mitch. My biggest fear is that if Gen 7 does happen and they go the Gen 2 route that the Kalos part will more or less overshadow all of the Gen 7 stuff since it received the most build up. People will fondly remember going back to Kalos after the three year wait but nothing else.

CoroCoro doesn't announce main series games. If it were going to cover such a game, we would have an announcement by now to prevent a leak.

Didn't Platinum got announced in corocoro though? But there is a good chance of just movie news along with Volcanion/Eternal Floette announced for this moths issue.

Do we have a precedent of a Gen having two unused slots?

Do we have a precedent of a Gen having two unused slots?

I don't know. I think B2W2 used the last two of gen 5. We know gen 6 has two unused slots. Some think Pokemon Go took one of those slots so that leaves one more to fill. It could be the final Kalos game.

There are always unused slots, for programming wiggle room, I think gen 4 and 5 have a lot of em. Gen 6 having only two is oddly specific, or the cynic in me would think it suggests they really do intend to end Kalos through the Anime. Nothing really makes sense for me, there are soany possibilities.

As for CoroCoro making an announcement, eh anything is possible. Directs are over so there is no worldwude medium to share the announcement, and the ORAS debut was dubious at best. BW and B2W2 were done through Smash iirc, but the current successor isn't coming iff of the prime of PokeSun and its in a weird phase where I doubt even groundbreaking news will save it. Considerin things on a global scale, a reveal now could make sense. In the states we are at the end of the XY series, with radio silence on XY and Z. A game reveal on the 14th along with the reveal of the Anime would work, while in Japan the game being revealed along with the movie would work for thst market as the initialization of gen 6s end game. Final movie fully focused on Kalos, along with the return of Kalos in the games, all while using Zygarde and Floette as the prime fuel for speculation.

A big hint for Gen VII instead of more Gen VI games, is everything about Pokemon Go:

- It makes much more sense to release such a product at the beginning of the Generation, not at the end. It makes much more sense to release such a product in the beginning of Gen VII, so it can be used for the whole generation, than release it with Z in the end of gen VI, and have it become incompatible with the next game a year later.

- They showed a time line of Generation-starters only, implying a new one for 2016. No third version was featured along this timeline. Not even a sequel like BW2 was shown. ONLY games that started a new generation.

I think gen VII is getting more and more likely, while the possibility of Z is lowering.

Last edited:
Because we got to see a trailer released by TPCi instead of a magazine scan leaked by a random person? The horror.
Because we got a trailer out of nowhere, liklely as a result of an investor meeting.

CoroCoro will definitely not reveal the next game. Both XY and ORAS were revealed in directs. BW2 was revealed on a variety show by Masuda himself. Wasn't BW the last game to be revealed in CoroCoro?

Because we got a trailer out of nowhere, liklely as a result of an investor meeting.
So? Why should every announcement be foreshadowed? Anyway, CoroCoro revealing the games wouldn't have made the timing better.

DasManiac said:
Wasn't BW the last game to be revealed in CoroCoro?
Even then, the announcement of a new generation was made by Nintendo months beforehand.

Earlier in 2015 I watched tons of Pokémon speculation including videos talking only about when the games will be announced. Main series games recently are announced the year they come out and usually pretty early. So my guess is.

Q1 or April 2016 z is announced
Z is released Octoberish 2016
2017 gen 7.

We were due for a gap year but at least we got it out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom