• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cool, Volcanion got revealed. At this moment in time, with how the news is coming, I'm remaining open minded and ready for any kind of news. As much as I want a close to Kalos, a big finale for it, to tie up said loose ends, at the end of the day I could deal with going into Gen VII, as long as they give Zygarde some justice somehow. Possibly in the post game but please, don't make us return to Kalos if Gen VII is where we're headed. I would rather a fresh start with new twists and turns, than a new start with the same old same old. Put Zygarde in the post game with a cool little cut scene or w/e and I'll be cool. Would love some main series game news tbh, I'm sitting here in Europe still waiting for PSMD. BUT, as I said, I remain calm and open minded to any kind of news lol. Also, why has the last few pages before these most recent two been entirely about XY's "lack" of content ONCE again? Is this thread not for the future.

Now that I think about it Hirobyte said about three years ago after the reveal of Mega Evolutions that a Mega Garchomp, Swampert, and Mew would happen. Two of those came true but where's Mega Mew? Anyways I wonder what Volcanion's new inevitable form will look like?

CoroCoro says: "Just how do you obtain it!? Stay tuned for further information!!"

Considering that they barely mention the movie (which is 7 months away), I suspect that Volcanion is going to be distributed sooner rather than later. That makes sense if Game Freak want to move onto a new generation.

Now that I think about it Hirobyte said about three years ago after the reveal of Mega Evolutions that a Mega Garchomp, Swampert, and Mew would happen.
Hirobyte also said that there would be 90+ new Pokémon in XY. Think nothing of it.

Anyways I wonder what Volcanion's new inevitable form will look like?
I wouldn't call it inevitable (Genesect merely got very minor changes), but I can see them giving Volcanion a boost in a new generation. Maybe it will look less mechnical.

Also, why has the last few pages before these most recent two been entirely about XY's "lack" of content ONCE again? Is this thread not for the future.

That's one reason I'm fine with moving on to another generation if that's what coming. Sure, debates about XY will still happen, but everyone will be focusing more on the exciting new stuff. Rather than a return to Kalos, which will just cause people to drag up and repeat the same arguments about XY we've been witnessing for the past year and more.

Debates are fun, sure, but there's a point on here where repeating the same arguments reach a level of tedium that no one should have to constantly read or engage with.

Also new Pokemon ^_^

In the end, if Kalos does pop up in the next gen, that means that we are finally moving away from resetting the routes. That we are finally getting an actaual world again, with regions connected to each other in a meaningful way. Hopefully. It could go horribly wrong though. Or horribly right. I still want proper closure, Kalos has potential.

The newly announced events for ORAS go until the end of June, which is another solid sign that no main series game will be released in the first half of 2016.

Yep, that is very interesting to say the least. I guess we really do have to wait till the years end to play the game(s), a reveal in the next 5 months should be interesting, especially once February comes along.

Now that I think about it Hirobyte said about three years ago after the reveal of Mega Evolutions that a Mega Garchomp, Swampert, and Mew would happen. Two of those came true but where's Mega Mew? Anyways I wonder what Volcanion's new inevitable form will look like?

I'm guessing sometime in 2016, they're going to announce Mega Mew and give us Mew before it's released. Considering there's Virtural R/B/Y and the eventual games, it seems like a good time to do that.

All this gen VII discussion & speculation is exciting. I'm ready for it.

If a new gen really is coming, I wonder how/if Zygarde will appear in Aventures, it was alluded to in recent chapters.

I am really curious on how they would intend to advertise a new Mega for an old Pokemon if its the case and not a new mon. Like, will they wait till the games its in to be revealed, or will we get that announcement beforehand. Its not like Mega Mewtwo Y which needed to wait till Megas were announced. I also think thst if Gen 7 does come next year, its gonna be next month we find out. BW was confirmed to exist by Iwata in January 2010, and XY obviously had the direct. DP was confirmed in the fall of 2004 at a press conference, but the days of Pokemon having a rocky lead up to the next generation are (hopefully) behind us. I'm not trying to go month to month expecting a game reveal, nor am I trying to cling onto gen 6 so desperately. There just is precdence from the last two gens that they want no confusion when it comes to a new generstion cycle starting.

I have a few questions regarding what is coming next, after this Volcanion reveal:

- People are talking about the absence of a Mew mega forme yet, and are speculating that one could come with a Kanto re-visit in the second half of next year, after the warm up with VGC Kanto during the first half.

- People are pointing out the very suspicious absence of Jirachi in ORAS. Could this mean an other Hoenn game? Or a Kalos - Hoenn crossover?

- We have never had a new region featured in only one game of it's generation. We have ALWAYS gotten a second game o in that region in the same gen. Will they really break this rule?

........ All the evidence is pointing to gen VII next... except these contradictory points from above.. How could those be answered?

Last edited:
Not much of a reason to draw out the generation until 2017.

And why? The lore isn't near of done and the mysteries are still uncovered. Zygarde, Xerneas and Yveltal's need more story about them. Volcanion needs it's event and AZ Floette also. You can say what you want but these are still unfinished things, which are the typical plot relevant stuff they save for the third versions.

I have a few questions regarding what is coming next, after this Volcanion reveal:

- People are talking about the absence of a Mew mega forme yet, and are speculating that one could come with a Kanto re-visit in the second half of next year, after the warm up with VGC Kanto during the first half.

- People are pointing out the very suspicious absence of Jirachi in ORAS. Could this mean an other Hoenn game? Or a Kalos - Hoenn crossover?

- We have never had a new region featured in only one game of it's generation. We have ALWAYS gotten a second game o in that region in the same gen. Will they really break this rule?

........ All the evidence is pointing to gen VII next... except these evidence I pointed above.. How could those be answered?

What evidences are speaking for Gen VII? I mean real solid evidence like new 7th gen pokemon teasing and something similiar. It's the absolute opposite. Everything is speaking for another 6th gen installment. Zygarde role especially and saving that for Gen VII would be also really nonsense since there are new legendary and a third pokemon that need a role. Volcanion is now up for the 19th movie, Zygarde need a role in a movie like every third legendary before and we need the 7th gen promo mon with it's movie. AZ Floette event left and we need either a role in the games or in the anime. Masuda's vacation to south France etc.

Now what evidence we have for Gen 7? The 20th anniversary picture which isn't an solid evidence for gen 7 games? What solid evidence we have already?

The typical one year off of a generation now is nothing unusual. Gen 1,3,4 lasted all 4 years. Generation 6 also lasting that long wouln't be suprising.

All the evidence is pointing to gen VII next... except these contradictory points from above.. How could those be answered?
The first two points aren't contradictions at all. Nothing says that any specific Pokémon has to get a Mega Evolution, or that it could only get such treatment in the region it was introduced.

The third one? We are all curious about how the Kalos lore will be wrapped up, but to say that the region has to be featured in another main series game just because of precedents?

There just is precdence from the last two gens that they want no confusion when it comes to a new generstion cycle starting.
There will be no confusion if they decide to wait until February, especially if January is used to explain how the current generation will come to a close.

NinjutsuSen said:
Volcanion is now up for the 19th movie, Zygarde need a role in a movie like every third legendary before and we need the 7th gen promo mon with it's movie.
CoroCoro says nothing about Zygarde in connection to the movie, and there is no reason to hide it at this point as it is already getting an anime arc. Since the movie title wasn't even revealed, it is obvious that they're hiding something new.

-Mew and Jirachi are musing from me. To sum it up, both are the only mythicals to date on a worldwide scale that have no recent events. Well, in Japan Jirachi has been given out almost anually, while Mew is from 2010, much like the rest of the world.
Jirachi despite its common status wasn't properly reintroduced much like Mew and Celebi before it, meanwhile the other event Mon of Gen 3 was given a special in game event that allowed it to be caught normally. So Jirachi is really the only gen 3 event mon at this point if you think about it, yet there is no word of it at all.
Meanwhile Mew is more of a celebratory thing, going back to Kanto is a wild idea, and I think it has like a. 001% chance if happening. If anything, mega Mew happening is much more plausible then above. If gen 7 is happening, and it is in the strange souvenir region, then its a perfect fit. I'm with silktree on it being the region of origin for mew.

On the topic of breaking the releases and having no secind wind for Kalos, yeah its odd. But also having it connected to the S region as a post game thung could be interesting. Would help create this trio of connections between Kalos Kanto and the SS region, and them indirectly through the Hoenn Kalos references and importance if Megas, almost all regions are tied to each other in some way. Its brilliant if yiu think about it.

CoroCoro says nothing about Zygarde in connection to the movie, and there is no reason to hide it at this point as it is already getting an anime arc. Since the movie title wasn't even revealed, it is obvious that they're hiding something new.

I don't mean that there's no Zygarde mentioning in CoroCoro, but because of Zygarde in generell. The third legendaries like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem all have a role in a movie.
If there's a 7th gen promo mon and if we get the title in January, then there will be a new pokemon reveal in the next two months. In that case, that pokemon would be the main star of the 19th movie or if it's a form like M-Mewto Y, then at least tied.

Either way or another, they have said that this corocoro would have big news. Volcanion got revealed and it seems that it's the main star of the 19th movie. If there's no new pokemon revealed in the next two months or if there's no hint for a new pokemon in the title, then there will be another movie for Gen 6 featuring the promotion mon. Just let's wait.

@Silktree Well, this is a pattern from all six generations. It is a thing they never change,(although there are precedents that have been broken before). And from an economical perspective, and since they perfectly know people are going to buy the game, it makes perfect sense to have an other Kalos Gen VI game. With just a few tweaks to XY, and a few bits of extra content, they can sell a further 7 - 10 million games, with almost no creation effort. Unless they think this marketing philosophy isn't viable anymore, and they have decided to shorten the Gen cycles.

However, I still think we are getting Gen VII next. Pokemon Go events is my main hint towards Gen VII next. I just don't see the logic in not squeezing out Kalos any further. It has a lot of potential for giving more money with nearly no effort, and GF usually uses such opportunities.

And do you think there is any possibility in starting Gen VII with a Kanto revisit (or Kalos)... Or is it necessarily a new region?

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are jumping the gun on 7th gen, or at least in some aspects of it. It wouldn't make sense for them to create an entirely new region and new mascots for this game when they haven't fully explored what they can do with Kalos. If they introduce a new region now either Kalos would be blatantly left shallow and unfinished or the new region would steal focus away from Kalos and it would end up being like Kanto in GSCHGSS where Kalos ends up even more shallow and unfinished. Regardless, it wouldn't do Kalos justice, the region need a game all to itself that can focus on improving the region and storyline and promote the new Zygarde forms they've been teasing for months now. Speaking of which, do people really believe that Zygarde is just an anime thing? There's so much pointing towards Zygarde being a third mascot now that it's pretty much impossible to deny at this point, and it would be a huge waste if they designed it to be a third mascot only for it not to end up that way. The best I can see is Gen 6.5 where we get a new batch of Pokemon in Kalos but it's still pretty much Z, and the unrevealed star of the 19th movie is a Gen 6.5 Pokemon, that would be fresh and surprising without taking too much attention away from Kalos. Anything more is going too far and would leave a bad taste in people's mouths towards Kalos.

Just because GF is taking their time with Zygarde doesn't automatically mean that they're abandoning Kalos and moving on to a new generation. It honestly feels like people are so disappointed with Gen VI that they're applying this delusional wishful thinking that Kalos is done and more shiny new toys are on the horizon. It's obvious that Kalos still has some more stuff left, including Zygarde, Eternal Floette and now Volcanion.

I'm not sure what's next, but I definitely know it involves zygarde and now volcanion. And I think that it's obvious that volcanion will destroy something major that impacts the environment and zygarde will have to fix it at all costs. This will ensue an epic battle in either the movie/anime/games or all of the aforementioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom