• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we expect a single version or a pair? I am expecting a pair, personally.

I am sort of drifting towards the idea of a new Pokémon being announced alongside Volcanion too, but in my head it doesn't cancel out the possibility of 'Z' at all. This would probably never happen, but what if the gen 6.5 thing is a thing, but their perception of that is simply 18-28 'new Pokémon' (Kalos native to add to the new Pokémon we got at the beginning of the generation), along with a few new megas & the Zygarde forms. People say that wouldn't make sense as Gen 7 would come after with new Pokémon, but, from the beginning I've always assumed Kalos would introduce more at some point (given it's the least we've ever had). I feel like ORAS (even though it was just new Megas and not entire Pokémon), was their testing ground for being backwards compatible, but not entirely with the last pair that was released, if that makes sense. It could be the new pattern that will eventually get scrapped like the rest, or it can carry on in every generation, Pokémon slowly being released (without the needs of finding them through hacks, as they aren't in the previous games). If any of that makes sense, what I meant was; I wouldn't be one to complain if a tid bit of new Pokémon did come to us before Gen 7, within Gen 6/6.5...

Edit: Think about it, we have Bank, & megas in ORAS that we cannot get in XY within the same generation, that pretty much confirms we could eventually be seeing new Pokémon added with each new game(s) of a generation. That would make the series so much juicier in my opinion, like, imagine how hyped you would be if Volcanion wasn't known about until now?

Last edited:
I think the next game will definitely be Gen VII. The new movie stars Volcanion instead of Zygarde. I'm certain that the next game at least won't be some dumb third version. If Gane Freak were doing that, they would have already put it out.

Even if the next instalment isn't a typical 'third version' or sequel to Kalos though, I don't see them putting effort into pushing a new generation at least for another year entirely, we have 20th anniversary hype and stuff to deal with. It would just be messy if they were like "guys, here's all the mythicals throughout the year, Pokkén, PSMD for Europe, Pokémon Go AND a new region, new starters, new legendaries, new region, mess mess mess, screw Zygarde, he'll be here soon", and sooner or later Zygarde gets put in a ditch. I just don't see that happening. No matter how many times I try to get my brain to conclude Zygarde would be put into Gen VII instead of Gen VI, it says "Jolty, that isn't logical dude" lol.

I'd say that it wouldn't be logical to release a Zygarde game a year or longer after they revealed the Zygarde Formes. The Zygarde hype will have definitely winded down by then. If we're getting new Pokémon (no matter in which generation, if you insist on theorizing on 6.5), they should be the highlight when the games are actually released, but that doesn't mean that the anniversary can't commemorate old content in the meantime.

It would have made much more sense to tie the mythical distributions to a new Generation VI game if one were actually planned. A new generation could easily be released in late November after the last Gamestop distribution. Why not distribute old Pokémon throughout the anniversary year while promoting a new generation? The pre-release period doesn't count as the start of a new generation, and it may only begin in earnest around June.

Go is supposed to be connected to the next main series release. The advent of a new generation should make Go more meaningful, if anything, considering that the current National Pokédex is already complete between XY and ORAS alone.

Last edited:
Sigh, the Gen 7 crowd are back out in full force I see. What's set them off this time?

I am pleased to see CoroCoro this week lending evidence to my theory on Volcanion. I believe that Volcanion was artificially modified by humans, to be the powerful machine/weapon it is today. I've often theorised it could be something to do with Team Flare, maybe AZ's younger brother or perhaps even AZ himself, created Volcanion as a weapon perhaps for use in the war and we may get to see its Primal form, ie its form before the modifications.

This CoroCoro specifically mentions a hatred towards humans, which we've previously seen in Genesect and Mewtwo (both legendaries at the end of their Gens, both scientifically altered) .

Maybe they could edit the AZ story, instead of leaving AZ because of the ultimate weapon (bit dark) maybe E. Floette could have left because of what was done to Volcanion?

I definitely think we will get either Primal Volcanion, or potentially AZ and E.Floette in the next issue. Can't wait am hyped.

@!Z! I agree with you on Volcanion, as soon as I read the "it has a hatred towards humans" I thought "Team Flare, why you so evillll" haha (theoretically of course). I think there will be more to Flare than there was with Plasma (especially in the anime), and I believe XY&Z the series will extend past March, and maybe conclude even after the movie has been out in Japan, with another smaller arc to follow and actually end the generation.

I seriously think Volcanion was modified now you guys, but let's hope they don't pull a Genesect, and we actually get to see it's "original" or "primal" state before said (possible) modification.

To be fair, G/S/C was ages ago. I'm not so sure on using HG/SS to support the argument because considering FR/LG and OR/AS, they wouldn't change in remakes.
it's not really a 'GSC couldn't do it therefore no other game could do it' so much as how GameFreak designs regions is incredibly restrictive, unconducive, and perhaps even prohibitive towards having multiple regions.

I'm guessing this "scoop" is Volcanion's gameplay mechanic, kinda like the others
Diancie - Mega
Hoopa - Form
Zygarde - SO MANY FORMS

I'm guessing this "scoop" is Volcanion's gameplay mechanic, kinda like the others
Diancie - Mega
Hoopa - Form
Zygarde - SO MANY FORMS
I think it could be a new Mega too. Mega Flygon maybe?

Diancie - Mega
Hoopa - Form
Zygarde - SO MANY FORMS
So, would Gen VI be the first generation to have all of its legendaries have at least 2 forms?
Xerneas has its tree
Yveltal has its cocoon
Zygarde has its % forms
Diancie has its mega
Hoopa has its unbound
Volcanion might have something...

Trendsetter Gen VI :D

I am sorry but Gen 6.5 makes no sense and gen 7 isn't happening until 2017. However, I don't expect a game announcement next month and I believe it would be something about Zygarde in the movie. As for Mega Flygon, I wouldn't count on it to ever exist in the games.

I don't think anyone is expecting a game announcement. I'm expecting a new Pokemon which will bring us a step further towards the new game(s).

If Volcanion was man-made, then it probably wasn't Team Flare. ORAS predates XY'S and Team Flare's events by a few years, yet Brandon was still searching around different regions for it long before both. If anything, it's a case like Golurk or the Golems.

Sigh, the Gen 7 crowd are back out in full force I see. What's set them off this time?

Oh, you know, just the same thing as other people commenting in the thread - actual news, and a promise of potentially massive news next month.

If Gane Freak were doing that, they would have already put it out.

Eh, not sure about that. Game Greak took their time with Platinum.

I don't think anyone is expecting a game announcement. I'm expecting a new Pokemon which will bring us a step further towards the new game(s).

There is no new pokemon though. All pokemon are obtained between XY and ORAS. Maybe a Volcanion form.

Eh, not sure about that. Game Greak took their time with Platinum.

Game Freak's staff is a lot bigger than it was at the time of Platinum.

So it really is strange they haven't released the next Pokemon game yet, if it is a Kalos game.

If they were making Gen VII, the big gap between games would definitely make more sense.

However, for all we know, Z might be ready and waiting to be released. It could be Nintendo holding the release back to not outshine the VC releases or other big Nintendo games.

I think it could be a new Mega too. Mega Flygon maybe?

Don't think it'd be a Mega tbh. It wouldn't exactly be "a major announcement that would affect the entire world".

So, would Gen VI be the first generation to have all of its legendaries have at least 2 forms?
Xerneas has its tree
Yveltal has its cocoon
Zygarde has its % forms
Diancie has its mega
Hoopa has its unbound
Volcanion might have something...

Trendsetter Gen VI :D

That'd be cool.

I am sorry but Gen 6.5 makes no sense and gen 7 isn't happening until 2017. However, I don't expect a game announcement next month and I believe it would be something about Zygarde in the movie. As for Mega Flygon, I wouldn't count on it to ever exist in the games.

There is no new pokemon though. All pokemon are obtained between XY and ORAS. Maybe a Volcanion form.

So you're saying a brand new Pokemon isn't a possibility? You've said multiple times that Gen 6.5 makes no sense or Gen 7 wouldn't happen until 2017 like it's a fact, when it isn't. No one knows when whatever happens will happen. We're just giving out ideas.

Just because all Generation 6 Pokemon are officially revealed doesn't mean a brand new Pokemon might happen next month.

As for Mega Flygon... I don't think Game Freak would ignore it, but I can see them leaving it out of Generation 6 for now.

Diancie - Mega
Hoopa - Form
Zygarde - SO MANY FORMS

In fairness Zygarde doesn't have that many additional forms. The cores don't seem usable in battle, they haven't been giving types or weights according to the official site. I see them being treated similar to eggs, in your party but not usable in battle. Meaning there is only really 2 extra Zygarde forms (10% and Complete)

If Volcanion was man-made, then it probably wasn't Team Flare. ORAS predates XY'S and Team Flare's events by a few years, yet Brandon was still searching around different regions for it long before both. If anything, it's a case like Golurk or the Golems.

I didn't actually say Team Flare, I said Lysandre's ancestor the younger brother of AZ, or even AZ himself. But, we don't actually know how old Team Flare is, nothing says Lysandre started it. It could have been inherited. This could explain the fire motif but lack of actual fire users. Historically it was a fire team, but over the years has diversified.

Oh, you know, just the same thing as other people commenting in the thread - actual news, and a promise of potentially massive news next month.

Yes but what news in particular, usually they seize on a tiny detail and spin it/misinterpret it but I can't even see what they are saying this time. Like what in the news we got are they saying suggests Gen 7?

Game Freak's staff is a lot bigger than it was at the time of Platinum.

So it really is strange they haven't released the next Pokemon game yet, if it is a Kalos game.

If they were making Gen VII, the big gap between games would definitely make more sense.

However, for all we know, Z might be ready and waiting to be released. It could be Nintendo holding the release back to not outshine the VC releases or other big Nintendo games.

I agree, if they wanted to rush out Gen 7 for some random reason, they could have just thrown out Z last year. Z would be a guaranteed profit and after spending so much on investing and designing Kalos to not get a full return, to actually throw away money would be bonkers.

Can you imagine how incomplete Gen 6 would be if it just stays like it is, so much unanswered in XY. It would easily Top Gen 3 and Gen 5 amongst the hate it receives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom