• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Platinum Lucario Sorry if this sounds like it screws over your entire theory, but in addition to gathering all the Cells, the two Cores have to merge to become Complete Forme. I believe this was leaked by one of the anime writers and possibly stated elsewhere. Additionally, Complete Forme has elements of both Xerneas and Yveltal in its design, so it certainly isn't a "Complete Forme X" or "Complete Forme Y."

Last edited:
I actually really like @Platinum Lucario 's theory and it makes a lot of sense.

I think everyone, including the Gen 7 crew agree these Zygarde forms will appear in the games, albeit the Gen 7 people think it will be randonly shoved in somewhere awkwardly in the next game.

But I have often wondered about the mechanics, things like levels, EVs and IVs. When Kyurem merges with a Tao Dragon, it goes off the data of Kyurem, the game treats it like a Kyurem form, not a merger. However if 2 or more cores were to simply merge, how would the games determine which stats to use? Or movepool. So maybe when they merge one is dominant over the other. Zygarde Core Y absorbs X to make Complete Zygarde Y, and alternatively Zygarde Core X absorbs Y to make Complete Zygarde X.

I have previously stated I think they copied Kyurem from DBZ Cell. Zygarde too has similarities, but what if it shares the tribute of Majin Buu of seperate entities vying for control, so like, Majin Buu was initially good, then got angry and split, Evil Buu appeared and reabsorbed good Buu and made a whole new form and was the dominant entity (but good buu still had some influence) what if this could follow a similar pattern.

When we look at Charizard and Mewtwo, their Y forms are surprisingly Y shaped and boast long tails, they are revealed first and don't change the typing.
2w1ureu.png

As seen in the opening, it certainly does appear Y shape, with that long tail, and we know it keeps the same Dragon Ground typing. Admittedly the wings should be up not down to make the Y shape, but we have seen it do this in the Tretta trailer.

Before you rush to simply say "no not gonna happen" can you try and provide an alternative explanation, maybe your own theory of how you think they will handle the mechanics of Cores joining together and the 2 hidden moves, rather than just shoot mine down without offering anything of your own for critique ;)

Whatever it is we're getting, it is something that doesn't exist in any of the existing games.

It must be so cool to have insider knowledge at Gamefreak and TPCI, must say I'm highly jealous.

Don't suppose you could offer any hint of when they will distribute Eternal Floette as so far it's the only Event Pokemon they've not announced a distribution for and we've not seen any hint of it in the anime.

Before you rush to simply say "no not gonna happen" can you try and provide an alternative explanation, maybe your own theory of how you think they will handle the mechanics of Cores joining together and the 2 hidden moves, rather than just shoot mine down without offering anything of your own for critique ;)
If you pay close attention to Complete Zygarde, it has red splotches on one side and blue splotches on the other.

Red Core/Blue Core - Yveltal/Xerneas - it embodies both. It is the COMPLETE form.

Why don't you offer me some argument for the existence of two forms aside from the two moves?

It must be so cool to have insider knowledge at Gamefreak and TPCI, must say I'm highly jealous.
It's called logic.

There's nothing shocking about Floette whatsoever since we all know it exists.

If you pay close attention to Complete Zygarde, it has red splotches on one side and blue splotches on the other.

Red Core/Blue Core - Yveltal/Xerneas - it embodies both. It is the COMPLETE form.

I think your missing my point, of course both complete forms would contain both cores. So attributes of both would ever be present, but whereas current one is more Y shaped and I believe will have Thousand Arrows and base its stats, level, movepool, IVs and EVs off the Y core, the other form will be X shaped, and have Thousand Waves, and base its stats, level, movepool, IVs and EVs off the X core, possibly even a change of typing.

COMPLETE, just means all Cells are present, Complete doesn't mean one and only absolute be all and end all.

We already know there is some difference between the cores, as the Blue Core doesn't seem to have a 10% form, or at least not the same 10% form as the Red Core.

I just had an idea:

What if the mascots are two different 50% formes. The one we know, and an antagonist one. In each game one is the box Legendary Pokemon.

So, you have to catch both and fuse them in order to stop the Villain Team.

What if they have Red Zygarde Core fuse with Xerneas and Blue Zygarde Core fuse with Yveltal?

Wasn't serious about that at first, but it'd be interesting thinking about it now.

I think the next main game will be revealed very soon.

I think we will have definite clues about the game in the next Coro Coro. Some new forme or Pokemon being revealed for the movie. But no game reveal yet.

Then, the VC release will come next. I still expect a few surprises for it. Some in game fix, or something nice.

Then after a month filled with VC hype and merchandising, the next game will be revealed (late March).

That's what I think will happen, but I would like if the reveal was earlier.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be in the movie at all, I mean, it's getting an entire anime arc to itself. It might be in the movie, considering that one poster, but I wouldn't really expect a huge role tbh. It doesn't have to follow a pattern. :/

I think it could go either way tbh. I mean, I can see a Generation 6 game this year, but this also feels like a Generation wrap-up, especially with the whole "major announcement that will affect the world".

--

Though, if they do move onto Generation 7, they could have South Kalos be the new region and we go to North Kalos for the post-game? Zygarde, Northern Kalos starters, Xerneas, Yveltal, Eternal Flower Floette, and all the Generation 6 Pokemon would still be relevant along with Southern Kalos starters and new Pokemon.

Think of it something like... North Korea/South Korea, West Virginia/East Virginia, and North Dakota/South Dakota. Everyone would be happy tbh, no one in Generation 6 would get ignored.

Gen 7 in Southern Kalos? No thanks. Even if there was a very clear difference between the North & South of Kalos, keep it in 6th Gen, I'm sure they have plenty up their sleeve down the line for a Gen 7 region (eventually). I also don't like the idea of new starters for South Kalos? That screams mess.

France doesn't have a divide, there is no "North France" and "South France" as entirely separate countries. Why would GF make that happen? To me it doesn't seem logical.

Also, for those believing Zygarde and all it's glorious forms will be shoved in the post-game of a new Gen 7 pair, how exactly do you think they can make this plausible? Cause even if GF gave me an explanation for it, I'd still holla back at them with "Kalos Pokédex says when the KALOS ecosystem falls into disarray", it does not say "When the Gen 7 region in the next games comes out, Zygarde is gonna be there ya'll" .............. lol.

I've slowly gotten over this wait, it's for the best now IMO...

A spring reveal makes more sense with the VC hype died down and being right before E3, therefore opening slot to promote the game with focus like we got with ORAS. Then a late summer/early fall release in order to use Worlds to promote new features even more

I am just a little concerned that people will be disappointed with the next game. Not because it's not gonna be a great game, but because it might not be as spectacular as some fans are expecting it to be, because they have had (people think) more time to work on it and because it's the Anniversary.

Unreasonable expectations have made many awesome games seem only ok, to some fans, only cause they had a pre- set opinion about what it was going to be.

For example, a Zygarde fan reading the speculations here, can end up expecting 10 more unrevealed Zygarde formes, and fo all we know, there might not be any more hidden formes at all.

Last edited:
I am just a little concerned that people will be disappointed with the next game. Not because it's not gonna be a great game, but because people are expecting it to be unprecedentedly content packed and polished and spwctacar, because they have had (people think) more time to work on it and because it's the Anniversary.

Unreasonable expectations has made many awesome games seem only ok, to some fans, only cause they had a pre- set opinion about what it was going to be.

I do blame Game Freak/Pokemon for that. They do over hype terribly, promising the biggest best ever. Things that will shake the world and change everything. Then we find out, actually it's not what they said at all.

Anyone remember how ORAS was originally "a whole brand new adventure" then turned out to be the same adventure as RS

I do blame Game Freak/Pokemon for that. They do over hype terribly, promising the biggest best ever. Things that will shake the world and change everything. Then we find out, actually it's not what they said at all.

Anyone remember how ORAS was originally "a whole brand new adventure" then turned out to be the same adventure as RS
You are partially correct, I can agree about that. But remember that the franchise, and those shiny overhyped announcements, are directed mostly towards the casual audience. To draw their attention. To them, those overhyped statements, might not seem overhyped at all.

PD To me, the spectacular new world and new adventure they promised for ORAS, lived to the hype. The first ever 3D remake deserved nothing less in terms of hype. I mean it does feel like a new world and adventure because it is so much better in the new graphics and artstyle (plus the Delta Episode is brand new, and there are many new things as well).

And furthermore, it was a completely new world and story for any fan that started playing after Gen IV.

Last edited:

I agree they do over hype a lot of things. This "shake the world" announcement could end up being absolutely nothing but more promotion for 'Go', lol, imagine. This then leads us to feel entirely let down, once again, but of course, GF could throw another "This time we're serious, this will shake the UNIVERSE", we again, get excited, only to be let down. But we forgive, and forget, because they are so good at distracting and misleading us. At this rate, we'll still be having these exact same conversations by June's corocoro lol.

I understand and appreciate the VC releases, and plus I'm getting PSMD soon too cause I'm in Europe, but, what is so jarring is that we keep getting given these "EARTH SHATTERING" quotes about the following months, only to always be let down. If this shake the world stuff is true, be it for the movie or not, it better have me in serious awe.

You are partially correct, I can agree about that. But remember that the franchise, and those shiny overhyped announcements, are directed mostly towards the casual audience. Tl draw their attention. To them, those overhyped statements, might not seem overhyped at all.

If you promise something good then deliver something great people will love you for it, if you promise something truly amazing and ground breaking then deliver something that could only be considered great, you aren't going to get any credit.

If you promise something good then deliver something great people will love you for it, if you promise something truly amazing and ground breaking then deliver something that could only be considered great, you aren't going to get any credit.
or perhaps the more vocal fans on the internet set the bar too high.

or perhaps the more vocal fans on the internet set the bar too high.

No they don't it's not the fans that come out promising the biggest most jaw dropping news ever. News so HUUUGE, it'd make Donald Trump proud etc. Then reveal some dull freemium spin off or an event distribution of a non mythical Pokemon or worst of all, a Pokemon we've all known about for over 2 years. And yes I know they don't want to acknowledge the leaks, but they must still be aware of them. Don't hype something as big when you know everyone already knows about it. Even if in your initial plan they wouldn't have known by now.

Gen 7 in Southern Kalos? No thanks. Even if there was a very clear difference between the North & South of Kalos, keep it in 6th Gen, I'm sure they have plenty up their sleeve down the line for a Gen 7 region (eventually). I also don't like the idea of new starters for South Kalos? That screams mess.

France doesn't have a divide, there is no "North France" and "South France" as entirely separate countries. Why would GF make that happen? To me it doesn't seem logical.

Also, for those believing Zygarde and all it's glorious forms will be shoved in the post-game of a new Gen 7 pair, how exactly do you think they can make this plausible? Cause even if GF gave me an explanation for it, I'd still holla back at them with "Kalos Pokédex says when the KALOS ecosystem falls into disarray", it does not say "When the Gen 7 region in the next games comes out, Zygarde is gonna be there ya'll" .............. lol.

What's wrong with Southern Kalos in Generation 7? It's similar to when people mentioned wanting them to start off in an old region, but many years later or whenever for a change, except time /would/ pass and we'd be in the southern part of Kalos, which would be the size of a new region. Of course, this could also go to a Generation 6.5 and have Southern Kalos be smaller.

France doesn't have a "North France" or "South France", right, but why is there Northern Kalos and Southern Kalos as hinted in the games? And does New York have a desert like in Unova? They don't have to be 100% accurate.

I don't think anyone's suggesting Generation 7 to be set in a far away region and Zygarde's formes being shoved in there. I mean, the only possibilities that I can think of for them moving onto Generation 7 while not ignoring Zygarde, Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie, AZ's Floette, and Volcanion in the games are either:

1) Have Generation 7 be set in Southern Kalos
2) Have a new region that's right next to Kalos.

If they went with Southern Kalos for Generation 7, it'd be something different.

I understand people want a Zygarde game in Generation 6, but should we really expect a third version/sequel to happen and not anything else?

The truth is fans expect the Sun and the Moon from GF.

Usually because GF has promised the 2 heavenly celestial bodies a few weeks prior!

Game Freak are like the people who advertise something on Ebay and then when you get it in the posts it's just a photo of whatever it was you thought you were buying.

What's wrong with Southern Kalos in Generation 7? It's similar to when people mentioned having them start off in an old region, but many years later or whenever for a change, except time /would/ pass and we'd be in the southern part of Kalos, which would be the size of a new region. Of course, this could also go to a Generation 6.5 and have Southern Kalos be smaller.

France doesn't have a "North Feance" or "South France", right, but why is there Northern Kalos and Southern Kalos as hinted in the games? And does New York have a desert like in Unova? They don't have to be 100% accurate.

I like France, it's a great country but 2 whole generations spent there aka 6 to 8 years would be a bit much. There is no Northern Kalos and Southern Kalos hinted at in games, there is one Kalos. Just as Unova wasn't Western Unova and Eastern Unova despite the addition of the Western side in Black2 White2!

Last edited:
@Tuoko I like the idea of the Gen 6.5 thing, but only if it doesn't overshadow anything that's to come after it, if that makes sense. As I've mentioned in previous posts though, if they did a Gen 6.5, all I would expect are maybe 18-28 'new' Pokémon, that will be considered native to Kalos (Like you said, in Southern Kalos specifically), no new starters or Legends, just Megas for the actual Kalos starters (Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja), and the Zygarde forms we already know of. It would round it out enough for me to get excited for.

If the possible Gen 6.5 did happen though, and we do evidently get a new Pokémon revealed for the next movie alongside Volcanion, the people who think Gen 7 is next will go into over-drive, and it would also force the Gen 6 continuation believers, to start believing in Gen 7. THIS is when the "surprising fans" factor comes in, and it is confirmed as a Kalos re-visit with a few new Pokémon (theoretically). That way, everyone is partially satisfied.

Edit: I've also mentioned before that the Kalos map (the in-game one), not the one shrouded in clouds lol, looks like it could easily push into Belgium in the top right corner. They could either have that as another part of the Kalos re-visit, along with Southern Kalos. That way it's more "B2W2 fleshed out" as opposed to previous third instalments.
A region next to Kalos for Gen 7 sounds ok to me......... Just keep Zygarde in Kalos though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom