• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no other pokemon that could be mascot though. Unless a new form of Volcanion is the mascot which is unlikely.

You act is if they simply can't create one new Pokémon for this game. Obviously the Event-exclusive Mythical Pokémon is not going to be the mascot.

You act is if they simply can't create one new Pokémon for this game. Obviously the Event-exclusive Mythical Pokémon is not going to be the mascot.

Then what was the point of Zygarde in the first place? He's clearly related to Xerneas and Yveltal and a significant part of Kalos' lore, so why even bother with any of that if he's not going to be a mascot either? I doubt Zygarde not being the mascot is why there hasn't been an announcement. It's possible that there is new Pokemon, but the mascot probably isn't one of them.

Then what was the point of Zygarde in the first place? He's clearly related to Xerneas and Yveltal and a significant part of Kalos' lore, so why even bother with any of that if he's not going to be a mascot either? I doubt Zygarde not being the mascot is why there hasn't been an announcement. It's possible that there is new Pokemon, but the mascot probably isn't one of them.

IMHO Zygarde will be the mascot, but he may not be the only one. I'm still holding out for two versions one featuring Volcanion. Unlikely yes.

They can't just make a new pokemon and make that a mascot. Mascots are pokemon that currently exist in the current gen and are usually legendary pokemon. Zygarde is the logical choice. Maybe a new form of Zygarde would be mascot.

They can't just make a new pokemon and make that a mascot. Mascots are pokemon that currently exist in the current gen and are usually legendary pokemon. Zygarde is the logical choice. Maybe a new form of Zygarde would be mascot.

Actually they can. GF is able and will do whatever they want whenever they want. A brand new pokemon mascot for the next game(s) is highly unlikey but completely possible. You could say the little zygoates could be considered a mascot especially if even one of them appear on the cover. I guess I am saying that: do not rely solely on patterns because GF will most likely break those patterns just because. It would be cool if all of Zygarde's forms appear on the cover.

Dude, I don't have all the answers. I'm just saying Alexander needs to stop with the whole "there's nothing past 721 yet, so there won't be until Gen. 7" schtick. They could easily create a brand-new Pokémon for the next game, we've seen them testing the waters for a decade now with forms, it's only a matter of time before they do it with full-fledged Pokémon.

this is so boring, we're all just talking in circles
We should just be organizing a blitzkrieg of tweets campaign putting Masuda on the spot on why it's taken this long for news on something that has been teased for months instead of just arguing about the same things with the same people. Every time I get notified about a new post I keep predicting what the next user will react with and it's usually true:ROFLMAO: Our entire conversations are getting more predictable than the next features Gamefreak will take out next generation:p

Who cares who the mascot will be. We will get another Kalos game IN GEN VI. I don't mind people saying that we might get Gen VII next (I disagree, but there is just as much evidence on both sides), but people who say a Kalos game will be in Gen VII have no evidence or suggestions. It is completely unpractical. What would the next game include (in terms of new features?)

The person who mentioned the possibility of all the Zygarde forms on the cover; that's where I see them taking it tbh.
They could make it look epic, and I wouldn't complain, it would actually make sense if all it's forms were on the box, that way we could still stick to one version, but how the game plays out could be dependent entirely on how you progress (similar to how it is now, but more events are triggered through finding/talking to certain people, ect).
I would love to see all the forms as potential box mascots, that's another pattern that could be broken with this next coming game, more than 1 box mascot. Heck, or even just have Xerneas, Yveltal and C. Zygarde on the box lol.

That's only true if they were using the Zygarde Complete form we have now as the box mascot, which personally I don't think we will have.

In actual fact 20 months after ORAS release isn't until July 2016, so if we get to August then you can say this wait is unexpectedly long and should have been announced by then.

Personally, I think we will get the reveal in March.
You keep on using a time gap between DP and Platinum for DS, to predict an announcement for gen VI, on the 3DS.

How long they took back then, doesn't matter. The company has doubled in staff since then, they use external companies help to speed up the process even further, and you don't seem to acknowledge all of this.

ORAS were announced only half a year after XY were released. THIS is the only valid time gap we know for the 3DS Pokemon games. With ORAS, they showed us how fast they can work nowadays (thanks to the bigger staff and external help) and achieve great result too.

So it's logical to expect an announcement and feel they are indeed taking longer than what fans expected. Especially after revealing the Zygarde formes so early. The time gap between those and the next announcement is huge by all means, if it's Gen VI Kalos what you expect.

I think you keep overreacting when somebody talks about anything different to Gen VI Kalos. This current time gap is indeed suspicious, no matter how long they could have taken in the past...

PD The time gap could be explained if they are holding the game reveal back for the anniversary, but why that Zygarde tease? It is very anticlmatic how the anime, Pokken, Pokemon Go, Picross, etc seem to be advancing according those reveals, while the main series are acting as if nothing has been revealed.

Last edited:
You keep on using a time gap between DP and Platinum for DS, to predict an announcement for gen VI, on the 3DS.

How long they took back then, doesn't matter. The company has doubled in staff since then, they use external companies help to speed up the process even further, and you don't seem to acknowledge all of this.

ORAS were announced only half a year after XY were released. THIS is the only valid time gap we know for the 3DS Pokemon games. With ORAS, they showed us how fast they can work nowadays (thanks to the bigger staff and external help) and achieve great result too.

What are you talking about? ORAS wasn't released faster than previously, if anything it was actually 1 month later than expected.

There was a 13 month gap between ORAS and XY which is about the same sort of gap we are used to before this expansion of which you speak. They may have hired extra staff but nothing suggests they are releasing games quicker, nor indeed is there any indication that they want to.

It's not a matter of simply turning out as many games as you can, again research the law of diminishing returns to scale. Each game usually gets at least a year before a new one comes out, the only exception in the entire franchise history, where a game didnt get a whole year was FRLG, when Emerald came out 6 months after.

So far Game Freak seem to be sticking to the same time table as they have previously done, the fact that you think they should do it faster or hoped they would when they hired more staff, doesn't make it suspicious that they are not.

The only thing slightly weird is the Perfect Zygarde reveal, but then as stated above, I personally believe (and this is just opinion) that is because they have so much to cover with Zygarde, and a form based on Loki could be in the works

EDIT: Also if they reveal the game in Feb or March, it actually will still be a shorter gap than in the previous gens. So you may even turn out to be technically right, just not on the same scale that you wish.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? ORAS wasn't released faster than previously, if anything it was actually 1 month later than expected.

There was a 13 month gap between ORAS and XY which is about the same sort of gap we are used to before this expansion of which you speak. They may have hired extra staff but nothing suggests they are releasing games quicker, nor indeed is there any indication that they want to.

It's not a matter of simply turning out as many games as you can, again research the law of diminishing returns to scale. Each game usually gets at least a year before a new one comes out, the only exception in the entire franchise history, where a game didnt get a whole year was FRLG, when Emerald came out 6 months after.

So far Game Freak seem to be sticking to the same time table as they have previously done, the fact that you think they should do it faster or hoped they would when they hired more staff, doesn't make it suspicious that they are not.

The only thing slightly weird is the Perfect Zygarde reveal, but then as stated above, I personally believe (and this is just opinion) that is because they have so much to cover with Zygarde, and a form based on Loki could be in the works

EDIT: Also if they reveal the game in Feb or March, it actually will still be a shorter gap than in the previous gens. So you may even turn out to be technically right, just not on the same scale that you wish.
It is true that ORAS was released at the usual pace, not faster. It was the announcement I am talking about. ORAS was quickly announced, not quickly released. I am saying that Z or whatever should've been announced by now, not released by now.

And the Zygarde thing is more than suspicious. And it makes a lot of people doubt if it's Z what we are getting.

Just to clarify something you have been misinterpreting since the beginning: I didn NOT want a new game in 2015. You keep assuming this every time. I am only saying they are making people expect something by teasing formed, and then making us wait.

Last edited:
Except one thing: them doubling their staff, does not include localization staff, only game developers. The localization staff goes apart, and they use external companies for localization iirc. It's the game developers who doubled in number, from less than 50 before BW, to 50- 60 for BW, to 81 for the 3DS era.
the principle still stands: that they did not hire what they truly needed.
you can't use a piece of the puzzle to determine what the whole is going to look like.
and yet the development pace has stayed roughly the same. what's likely is a combination of 1) the games are bigger and more complex, requiring more people to release them at a timely rate (eg., XY with 50 people would've taken five years to develop, but with 81 people it took 2); and 2) the people brought on don't perfectly represent the needs of the development team.

So it's logical to expect an announcement and feel they are indeed taking longer than what fans expected. Especially after revealing the Zygarde formes so early. The time gap between those and the next announcement is huge by all means, if it's Gen VI Kalos what you expect.

I think you keep overreacting when somebody talks about anything different to Gen VI Kalos. This current time gap is indeed suspicious, no matter how long they could have taken in the past...
and in the grand scheme of things.....it's not all that bad. invariably there's going to be one soon anyways since there wasn't one in 2015. more than likely though, this is on Nintendo or TPCi's side to ensure that other investments to get shafted by a sudden release of a main series game.
PD The time gap could be explained if they are holding the game reveal back for the anniversary, but why that Zygarde tease? It is very anticlmatic how the anime, Pokken, Pokemon Go, Picross, etc seem to be advancing according those reveals, while the main series are acting as if nothing has been revealed.
blame the release of VC RBY. that and the general oversaturation going on right now.

Reactions: !Z!
It is true that ORAS was released at the usual pace, not faster. It was the announcement I am talking about. ORAS was quickly announced, not quickly released. I am saying that Z or whatever should've been announced by now, not released by now.

And the Zygarde thing is more than suspicious. And it makes a lot of people doubt if it's Z what we are getting.

Just to clarify something you have been misinterpreting since the beginning: I didn NOT want a new game in 2015. You keep assuming this every time. I am only saying they are making people expect something, and then making us wait.

I use the name Z as a placeholder but I very much doubt that will be the actual name of the game.

ORAS was revealed 7 months after the release of XY and then there was another 6 month gap until the release.

A lot of people complained that during the promo period, pretty much everything was revealed, like every single Mega for example. In previous Gens, apart from the initial pair of games, they can usually get by with a 4 month promo period. Meaning that if they want to release the game by November which they certainly will want to do on or before that, they need to reveal it July, which is also the month they need to reveal it if they were going on the 20 month wait.

Now let me reiterate, I don't think they will wait this long, I think we will indeed get it earlier than that, but until then, you can't legitimately say they are taking longer than usual. Also remember we have semi confirmation now that the anime doesn't seem to be in any rush or speeding up, actually seems to be slowing down a bit throughout March etc.

Personally I think a March/April reveal with a July/August release. (Maybe slightly earlier if they want to tie in with the movie)

the principle still stands: that they did not hire what they truly needed.

you can't use a piece of the puzzle to determine what the whole is going to look like.

and yet the development pace has stayed roughly the same. what's likely is a combination of 1) the games are bigger and more complex, requiring more people to release them at a timely rate (eg., XY with 50 people would've taken five years to develop, but with 81 people it took 2); and 2) the people brought on don't perfectly represent the needs of the development team.

and in the grand scheme of things.....it's not all that bad. invariably there's going to be one soon anyways since there wasn't one in 2015. more than likely though, this is on Nintendo or TPCi's side to ensure that other investments to get shafted by a sudden release of a main series game.

blame the release of VC RBY. that and the general oversaturation going on right now.

1. I am not using a piece of the puzzle @!Z! was, by using the 20 months time gap argument. Which is irrelevant, considering we are in the 3DS era now.

2. You could be right, could be wrong.

3. Good point. But why reveal new formes so early?

4. See point 3.

1. I am not using a piece of the puzzle @!Z! was, by using the 20 months time gap argument. Which is irrelevant, considering we are in the 3DS era now.

What lol? This yearly gap has been in every generation since the Game Boy. Why would 3ds be any different, if anything itd take longer as its more complex

What lol? This yearly gap has been in every generation since the Game Boy. Why would 3ds be any different, if anything itd take longer as its more complex
No, I'm only saying that the 20 month gap means absolutely nothing, as they could break it whenever they want/need to. It is not a reference, and they certainly don't need to repeat it, unless they need to xD

And besides, they didn't show us Origin Forme Giratina that long before Platinum, like now with Zygarde. An other reason to avoid the 20 months time gap example here.

Last edited:
No, I'm only saying that the 20 month gap means absolutely nothing, as they could break it whenever they want/need to. It is not a reference, and they certainly don't need to repeat it, unless they need to xD

And besides, they didn't show us Origin Forme Giratina that long before Platinum, like now with Zygarde. An other reason to avoid the 20 months time gap example here.

Like I've stated previously 3 times, I think they are getting slightly quicker, Gen 5 was 17 months gap and I think it will be shorter than that as well. But atm you're saying that we've had some surprisingly long wait, and I'm afraid that's not true looking at past precedent.

And if you're talking about expectations of course you have to look at past precedent. Just because we're on the 3DS now, doesn't confirm that they are now going super fast.

Let me just say it one more time so you are clear on my position, I don't think we will be made to wait 20 months or even 17 months, but you can't say its a surprisingly long wait or unexpected until those periods have passed.

Lets discuss something else for a change. Who else is patiently waiting for movie 19 merchandise leaks from world hobby to pop up? I mean, the CoroCoro leaks will be in about 20 days, but until then, we could get an idea about how many surprises will pop up soon. Unlike other merchandise advertisements and whatnot, the world hobby display for the movies are always accurate for this kind of stuff. IRC we got an idea of how many formes would debut in movie 15, and if I go back further I think also that's where the firdt rumblingd of Skymin came into fruition. We didn't get concrete proof until that blurry pic of a plastic cup inay 08 popped up, but we definitely knew from a Merch sheet that popped up months before that there was one last surprise.

Zygarde is likely to be the mascot of Z. Gen 6.5 or 7 makes no sense at all. I get that game freak is breaking patterns but Zygarde is the third legendary pokemon and is likely to be mascot like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. That is a pattern that is unlikely to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom