• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is no one going to mention the fact the English title of the first ep of the XYZ series has been changed? It was originally titled The Explosive birth of Zygarde, which was quite similar to the Japanese one apart from removing the bit about lurking in Kalos and having Zygarde instead of Z.

Now the title has been changed to From A to Z.

Could this be hinting at something? Why bring up A to Z? It makes even less sense than the titles referencing birth.

Could it link into the games perhaps Pokemon AZ, like when the dub had that really cheesey joke in Sinnoh just before BW "maybe its gold or silver or ruby or sapphires or diamond and pearls... No it's not all Black and white"

Could be random coincidence just found it weird to change the title so late in the process and make it even less relevant to the episode

I wonder if "Explosive Birth" didn't fit with their rating? I like the idea of it being a reference to AZ though.

That's one thing I always found weird about them giving Clemont a Luxray - it's not in the Kalos dex. I remember a lot of us thinking it would be getting a Mega in ORAS and that's why it was given to him, but of course we were wrong.

Clemont being champion would be too similar to Iris becoming champion in B2w2 for my tastes. Definitely give Diantha the boot though because she's terrible.

Edit: Oops, I meant Kalos not Unova. Must have Gen V on the brain.

I get the impression that they added him to fill a power gap, as Luxray did kind of come out of nowhere from both a background and promotional perspective. His presence on the team has also been horribly limited outside of the gym, which makes it even more apparent he was just there to fill a role.

As for Clemont being the champion, i wouldn't mind it too much (though I'd personally take anyone over Diantha), but as for his potential mega, I'm mixed. On the one hand I'd love to see Mega Luxray since it desperately needs the boost, but on the other hand I'd dislike seeing Heliolisk sidelined again since I love the little guy and I'd like to see it keep shining under Clemont in the games.

Mega Luxray, now that's a good idea. Finally give us the Electric/Dark typing it deserves, and fix its stats. I would give it either Keen Eyes or Strong Jaw for its ability, Crunch+Thunder Fang stab along with Strong Jaw and Attack raised to like 160 would be haaaamazing.

But aren't they both flowers? Y'know, like how Floette holds a flower? And like how in Y version, its flower is the exact same one the Ultimate Weapon turns into? And Lysandre's Japanese name is also a flower? And the hint that we got about 2016 is all about flowers? I see a connection brewing.
That's true, I was just saying that A of Aster and Z and Zinnia don't add up to the overall AZ connection.

For AZ, we have AZ himself, project AZOTH and presumed Alpha/Omega connection.

Because Game Freak are the masters of disappointment and missed opportunity! :p
And it does sort of fit with the Pokemon.
i mean, yeah, it does fit but i feel like Luxray's boosts wouldn't be enough to justify it having a bad ability. like there are some not good megas, but those are mostly because some of them couldn't have a good ability without being pretty ridiculous (Alakazam and Heracross vaguely come to mind).

why give it one of the worst abilities in the game????
What !Z! said. It might suck as an ability, but its the only ability that thematically fits with Luxray. Unless its X-Ray eyes can be stretched as a concept to give it the ability Sniper. But even then, it will have the mega stone, so no scope lens to help it out, and focus energy is a one time deal, so I would think its a waste of a mega for a critical hit setup.

If someone has to become the new Champ, I bet it will be Korrina.

I just don't see Clemont in that position, though that may be due to anime's influence.

What !Z! said. It might suck as an ability, but its the only ability that thematically fits with Luxray. Unless its X-Ray eyes can be stretched as a concept to give it the ability Sniper. But even then, it will have the mega stone, so no scope lens to help it out, and focus energy is a one time deal, so I would think its a waste of a mega for a critical hit setup.
i don't really think megas put a huge stock into what thematically fits. there are definitely some where there was thematic influence (Thick Fat Venusaur, Mega Launcher Blastoise, Shell Armor Slowbro), but there are also a lot where there's an ability put there just 'cause or to make them viable (Huge Power Mawile, Adaptability Beedrill, Mold Breaker Ampharos).

Iris sucked in BestWishes but she became champion in B2W2, so its a moot point really. And I dunno, Korrina as a Champion is really....predictable. She's a mega evolution user, so of course she becomed the next champion. Yawn. Clemont is an interesting gym leader, and I can see them expanding on him. Of course its a change of pace from Wallace and Iris who had plot involvement, but I want that.

As for megas that are thematic versus viability, I would think Luxray would fit into the firdt category. It really doesn't have any signature call signs in its moveset or abilities that work with what its supposed to be, so I would assume the mega would work with that first.

Iris sucked in BestWishes but she became champion in B2W2, so its a moot point really. And I dunno, Korrina as a Champion is really....predictable. She's a mega evolution user, so of course she becomed the next champion. Yawn. Clemont is an interesting gym leader, and I can see them expanding on him. Of course its a change of pace from Wallace and Iris who had plot involvement, but I want that.

As for megas that are thematic versus viability, I would think Luxray would fit into the firdt category. It really doesn't have any signature call signs in its moveset or abilities that work with what its supposed to be, so I would assume the mega would work with that first.

If the sequels are only a 2 year gap, Bonnie would still be too young to take over the gym as she'd be 9.

I would love to know if the anime writers knew when they included Iris in the Best Wishes season, that she would go on to become the Champion in the sequels?

I would love to know if the anime writers knew when they included Iris in the Best Wishes season, that she would go on to become the Champion in the sequels?
When they included her they probably didn't know about the sequels. Early on in BW, Ash's badge case showed en empty spot specifically for Drayden's badge. Later the badge case was edited so any badge could fit there, so it was probably around then they learned about the sequels being developed, or at the very least they learned that they'd have to make some changes. Who knows when they learned about Iris being the Champion...

Something tells me that when the 27th of February comes, it would have no game announcement at all but that is my opinion. Anyway, they focusing on RBY being released on virtual console on that date.

Europe is getting PMSD a week before the VC release (which also happens in Europe) and then Pokken worldwide is only 3 weeks after that, so I don't believe they care too much about hyping one effecting sales of the other.

Maybe I'm allowing myself to get carried away again (managed to avoid it in January) but something tells me the next CoroCoro will give us a pretty good idea what we are getting, it might not reveal outright, but I think it will have info that will strongly hint to whatever it is they have planned. Like Kyurem and Giratina's forms did.

I don't know... My hype for the next game isn't as high as usual atm.

I would be hyped for a new generation or a Kanto revisit, but I don't seem to feel the Kalos hype.

Southern Kalos could increase my hype, but if it's just the same Kalos area from XY it doesn't interest me a lot.

We have RBY on virtual console to re-visit Kanto. Gen 7 is getting more likely if they don't reveal something at the end of May.

Europe is getting PMSD a week before the VC release (which also happens in Europe) and then Pokken worldwide is only 3 weeks after that, so I don't believe they care too much about hyping one effecting sales of the other.

Maybe I'm allowing myself to get carried away again (managed to avoid it in January) but something tells me the next CoroCoro will give us a pretty good idea what we are getting, it might not reveal outright, but I think it will have info that will strongly hint to whatever it is they have planned. Like Kyurem and Giratina's forms did.
That's a guarantee, the movie after the year off always have whatever is the focus of the next games, either be it new formes or the mythical, like how Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Diance, and Hoopa were the stars of their movies. Its why its so weird that Volcanion is the December reveal, cause whenever the event mon isn't the star, its cause a next generation Pokemon is stealing the spotlight. Which something in itself will likely become a broken pattern, as I honestly believe gen 7 is not gonna happen this year, and I doubt that after 2 gens of being quiet till the release year, and in general Nintendo's policy on short reveal to launch periods nowadays, that we will see a gen 7 Pokemon 20 months out. I could be wrong, but I do believe uf gen 7 were coming, we would know by now. So yeah, the news next week is gonna be huge, cause its either gonna be a gen 7 Pokemon or a new mega/forme for some other Pokemon then Volcanion that no one expects, which will obviously give us speculation fuel.

If the sequels are only a 2 year gap, Bonnie would still be too young to take over the gym as she'd be 9.

They generally like to match up the time skip with the amount of time that's passed in the real world between Japanese releases. RG were released in 1996 and GS were release in 1999 in Japan, so they made it a 3 year gap in between. BW were released in 2010 and BW2 were released in 2012 in Japan, so they made it a 2 year gap in between. So if they release an XY sequel in 2016, it will have been 3 years after XY's release in 2013 so in game the storyline will also probably take place 3 years after the events of XY. So Bonnie could be old enough to be the Gym Leader in theory, but she'd have to become a skilled trainer in just a few months, so that might be a stretch.

That's a guarantee, the movie after the year off always have whatever is the focus of the next games, either be it new formes or the mythical, like how Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Diance, and Hoopa were the stars of their movies. Its why its so weird that Volcanion is the December reveal, cause whenever the event mon isn't the star, its cause a next generation Pokemon is stealing the spotlight. Which something in itself will likely become a broken pattern, as I honestly believe gen 7 is not gonna happen this year, and I doubt that after 2 gens of being quiet till the release year, and in general Nintendo's policy on short reveal to launch periods nowadays, that we will see a gen 7 Pokemon 20 months out. I could be wrong, but I do believe uf gen 7 were coming, we would know by now. So yeah, the news next week is gonna be huge, cause its either gonna be a gen 7 Pokemon or a new mega/forme for some other Pokemon then Volcanion that no one expects, which will obviously give us speculation fuel.

Which is why some people believe we're getting Gen 6.5, this kind of promotion fits with that idea. New Pokemon in an existing generation would be huge, so naturally they would have to be the star of the next movie alongside Volcanion. Plus it also explains the unusual marketing pattern with them revealing Zygarde's form out of nowhere, it would be a huge blindside for the fanbase when they would've expected to get a standard Z type of game and create a lot of buzz for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom