• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

There's no way to gauge the exact Base HP without the IVs/EVs. The range of Base HP it could have could be calculated (assuming no formula overhaul), though I don't know how.

Last edited:
with 0 IVs and 0 EVs it's ~150-152. around the same as Giratina.
That's another argument against giving it a Multiscale clone. With Steel type and that kind of HP, Multiscale would be broken.

Man you guys are overreacting to the Alola map size. Every single region looks small when viewed at a great distance with only the landmarks. The overhead view doesn't take into consideration routes, caves, events, trainers etc. The map is plenty big especially if they can have a separate dex for each main island.

I also prefer having smaller cities over bigger ones in the pokemon franchise. Places like Goldenrod and Jubelife are filled with useless NPCs, unenterable buildings, and are generally a pain to navigate. Castelia is just 4 streets with a painfully zoomed out camera where everything looks the same making it hard to keep track of anything, New Mauville's weird camera didn't suit me well and was frankly an unecessary change and Lumiose was a terror to navigate with the possibility of corrupting your save. So yeah give us smaller cities until you figure out a way to make a good camera.

The drawing itself clearly isn't even scaled properly--they have the horizon more bent than what the game map is showing. They can only show so much on a single drawing.

So Solgaleo is at a disadvantage against Lunala? That's interesting to know.

Alola's motto is that dynamite comes in small packages. :p

Apparently GF are pretty freaking clever . https://i.reddituploads.com/15cd8d1...536&w=1536&s=74db65a13a03e905d0ec0e301ca01ad9. A lion eating the sun is the alchemic symbol for metal
I've looked this up--while it is alchemic imagery, it is not the symbol for metal. Its supposed to be a metaphor for purification. According to one source:

The Green Lion Devouring The Sun' is a popular alchemical symbol. On a chemical level this is a metaphor for when a green, liquid sulfate called “vitriol” purifies matter, leaving behind the gold within the matter. Very pure vitriol is an acid that eats through practically anything, except gold.

Perhaps the SM legends are all going to be themed around alchemy. The classical planetary bodies in alchemy include the Sun (Gold), Moon (Silver), Mercury (Mercury), Venus (Copper), Mars (Iron), Jupiter (Tin), and Saturn (lead).

What I find interesting about this is that Pokemon has already made Sun/Gold and Moon/Silver associations in Gen II. We already have Marshadow as another potential Pokemon--perhaps it forms a trio with Mercury and Venus and has a more significant role in the plot similar to Mesprit and Suicune. I'm grouping these three together as they are inner planets. In contrast, Jupiter and Saturn could be event legendaries (we had both Darkrai and Arceus being event legendaries that were related to non-event Pokemon).

Alchemy theme, here's what I think:
*Mercury will be Psychic/Poison due to the toxic metal association.
*Venus will be Psychic/Fire because it's the hottest planet
*Mars will be Psychic/Fighting because of war associations
*Jupiter will be Psychic/Dragon because of the 'dragon = royal' theme, and Zeus
*Saturn will be Psychic/Ice because its rings are made up of mostly ice.

I've looked this up--while it is alchemic imagery, it is not the symbol for metal. Its supposed to be a metaphor for purification. According to one source:

The Green Lion Devouring The Sun' is a popular alchemical symbol. On a chemical level this is a metaphor for when a green, liquid sulfate called “vitriol” purifies matter, leaving behind the gold within the matter. Very pure vitriol is an acid that eats through practically anything, except gold.

Perhaps the SM legends are all going to be themed around alchemy. The classical planetary bodies in alchemy include the Sun (Gold), Moon (Silver), Mercury (Mercury), Venus (Copper), Mars (Iron), Jupiter (Tin), and Saturn (lead).

What I find interesting about this is that Pokemon has already made Sun/Gold and Moon/Silver associations in Gen II. We already have Marshadow as another potential Pokemon--perhaps it forms a trio with Mercury and Venus and has a more significant role in the plot similar to Mesprit and Suicune. I'm grouping these three together as they are inner planets. In contrast, Jupiter and Saturn could be event legendaries (we had both Darkrai and Arceus being event legendaries that were related to non-event Pokemon).
This just further fuels the theory of Gen VII being the Gen II to Kalos. Also, just because it was done before, doesn't mean it can be done again.

This just further fuels the theory of Gen VII being the Gen II to Kalos. Also, just because it was done before, doesn't mean it can be done again.
Yes, and maybe planes will feature a significant role? So then you can travel between Kalos and Alola, I'm going to estimate that it is just about 11,972 kilometres along a great circle route. So planes are the only efficient mode of transport for such a long route.

Holy Hell that's an info dump. We got mostly everything they would usually show up to now, only some new Pokemon are missing. I am trying to process all this, as it's pretty damn good.

-The map style being the same as ORAS is something I predicted months ago. A sudden shift to something more tropical mid gen made no sense way back in 2014, and now we have the piece of the puzzle to make sense of that change. It really fits Hawaii.
-The RotoDex is a stroke of genius. I never played Yokai Watch, but a ghost companion for your map had to have taken inspiration from there.
-I like the protags? At first look I felt they were a bit generic but the design is warming up to me.
-Dense as hell region, with it getting more organic as it gets farther into the gym count. Can't be happier.
-Lillie is either the Champion or the Evil Team Leader. Gonna love to see which one holds up.

Excellent find! It's going to be interesting to see how all of these potential legendries interact with each other

Since the rival's name is Hau, this means that those four names are possible Gym Leader names. In case anyone forgot, their names are Caitlin, Pablo, Ed and Hoku.

Since the rival's name is Hau, this means that those four names are possible Gym Leader names. In case anyone forgot, their names are Caitlin, Pablo, Ed and Hoku.
Caitlin would just be confusing: we already have a major Pokemon character of that name (an Elite Four member no less!)

After looking at the trailer again, I just realised the female player character's hat is supposed to be a flower. The top that is.
When you look at it from the back, as seen when Hau talks to her, you can see a white dot in the middle making it look like a flower.

That's actually fitting and kind of cute. I still can't say I love it, but I don't dislike it anymore.

After looking at the trailer again, I just realised the female player character's hat is supposed to be a flower. The top that is.
When you look at it from the back, as seen when Hau talks to her, you can see a white dot in the middle making it look like a flower.

That's actually fitting and kind of cute. I still can't say I love it, but I don't dislike it anymore.
You've reminded me something about that "flower" thing last year. I guess this is what they meant along with the region (which looks tropical btw so it has dozens of flowers would sprawl).

I want a huge regional dex. It's the 20th anniversary and we now have 4 dexes "confirmed", so I hope they go all in and make the game massive. The size of Kalos' dex never bothered me, it was more the choices they made within it. Like we had pretty much every Bug/Flying and Normal/Flying type available included while some of the more unique lines (Sawsbuck, Galvantula, Camerupt, Claydol, Whimsicott, Togekiss, Jellicent etc) were left out. If they give us a good variety in the 4 dexes (seems hard not to if each one has a decent amount in) then I'll be happy.
I believe i've said this in another thread, but i will never understand the praise XY gets for having a lot of old mons in it's regional dex. You have wifi trading capabilities, a new batch of Pokemon, along with Game Freak's guarantee that every Pokemon barring event legendaries would be made available in one way or another for players to 'catch 'em all', and you're concerned with whether or not you can catch and raise your own Dragonite for the 6th time? If the fans wish for it, Game Freak can by all means repeatedly feed their desire, but I personally don't consider having a lot of old stuff in the regional dex as a huge plus side.

I believe i've said this in another thread, but i will never understand the praise XY gets for having a lot of old mons in it's regional dex. You have wifi trading capabilities, a new batch of Pokemon, along with Game Freak's guarantee that every Pokemon barring event legendaries would be made available in one way or another for players to 'catch 'em all', and you're concerned with whether or not you can catch and raise your own Dragonite for the 6th time? If the fans wish for it, Game Freak can by all means repeatedly feed their desire, but I personally don't consider having a lot of old stuff in the regional dex as a huge plus side.

It got praised to have a very big pokedex. Not for the major part having old pokemon. With that you have a more larger selection of pokemon to choose, trainer use different pokemon all the time and the gameplay don't get as repetive as only 150 pokemon. With a small number like 150, gyms only have 2-3 lines of pokemon to choose from and the trainer use all the same pokemon over and over again like Pansear, Pansage and Panpour + evolutions for so many trainer in BW.

There should be older pokemon mixed with the new. Even if 150 pokemon get introduced, the best possible balance would be 300, which is slightly more than a third of the existing pokemon by the time Gen 7 airs. What happens to the other 500+ pokemon by then? Especially in future Generations with 1000+ pokemon? Forgetting that they exist? I rather have more older pokemon in the dex than mostly new if it would mean, that we will get another crappy 150 pokemon dex.

I don't consider having a massive restriction in what's easily available to use in the main game as a plus side nor do I like seeing the same Pokemon used by trainers over and over and over again because the dex has such terrible variety. We're all for making the games less clunky and more accessible with features but when it comes to new region with old Pokemon it suddenly turns into a massive taboo of how dare people want older Pokemon to be easily accessible?

and you're concerned with whether or not you can catch and raise your own Dragonite for the 6th time?

I never said I want variety so I can reuse the same Pokemon as before so not sure why that's suddenly your point. There's lots of Pokemon I haven't used and would appreciate the opportunity of doing so and combine it with making the game less repetitive and there you go.

And there's going to be a lot of kids out there who are either just starting the games or in a similar boat of not being as acquainted with older Pokemon as the older fans and Game Freak will want to address that. We aren't the only fans that matter about every decision in the game.

Edit: Yup I agree with @NinjutsuSen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom