• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

^GF is bound to know better than to outright copy (or even come close to) RéBurst, so that's the most likely scenario. tbh, I would actually be fine with minor changes akin to Ash-G, so long as it's Starter-exclusive.

Ash-Greninja is based on bonds, right? Then that would make the most sense than outright fusing. I never read the ReBurst manga, but I can't help but wonder what would happen to the trainer should the fused Pokemon faint.

However. There are pros and cons to this.

If we have trainer fusion of any sort (whether it be bonds where a Pokemon takes on the appearance of its trainer or actual fusion), then it means that trainer customization cannot happen.

Except Ash is not a prominent figure in the games. He's based on Red, but not supposed to directly be Red. I really doubt we would see an Ash-forme Greninja in the games, if that's what you're suggesting.

Yes, but it's also based on Ash in appearance as well. I honestly believe this to be something that's exclusive to the anime, merely because Ash is in no way part of the games' canon. Unless they retcon it so that it is "Red-forme Greninja" in game canon (which is highly unlikely), then I doubt it'll appear. The anime has introduced plenty of Pokemon variations that have never seen the light of day in other media. This is one of them.

Something to consider is that that they haven't really given Ash-Greninja an official name. It's pretty much a disguise. As for the whole customization thing... I think we need to keep in mind that it's just a theory.

The anime and manga did introduce variations and stuff like the Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres fusion, but there's something we all need to consider about all of those. They weren't really hyped up like Ash-Greninja was.

All we need now is Serena-Delphox and Pokemon's waifu meter will officially be off the scale.

And then we need Clemont-Chesnaught... Nerdy Chesnaught!

Pink Butterfree (not a shiny), "Venutoise" (more of an illusion), Puka, the "Ancient Pokemon" from The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemonpolis, the Pokemon clones in Mewtwo Strikes Back, the Valencia Island Pokemon, Crystal Onix, "Snorlax Snowmen", purple Kecleon, the Fake Groudon from Jirachi: Wish Maker, the golden Sudowoodo, the list goes on.
The crazy thing? A number of those are now Novelty Pokemon on GPX+.

So it looks like I didn't miss much by not staying up to catch Pokenchi. That's kind of disappointing but we have CoroCoro coming. I think I'll be fine with this wait.

The crazy thing? A number of those are now Novelty Pokemon on GPX+.

So it looks like I didn't miss much by not staying up to catch Pokenchi. That's kind of disappointing but we have CoroCoro coming. I think I'll be fine with this wait.
*1 week later*
Hey guys! Corocoro leaked! Magearna is confirmed to be Steel/Fairy!

Bonding or customization...bonding or customization...Hmmm....
Guess which one people would pick every time? And guess which one GF will likely go with?
:cry:
That's a hard one to answer since Game Freak doesn't seem keen on customization despite nearly everyone wanting it.

Game Freak's response to ORAS lacking trainer customization has more or less killed any hope I had of future generations having customization. It's yet another promising feature introduced in one generation, only to be dropped the next.

That's a hard one to answer since Game Freak doesn't seem keen on customization despite nearly everyone wanting it.

Game Freak's response to ORAS lacking trainer customization has more or less killed any hope I had of future generations having customization. It's yet another promising feature introduced in one generation, only to be dropped the next.
I don't want customization because it is pointless and has no rewards. As for burst fusions, I hope we just stick with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem as fusion pokemon.

At this point I just hope that we can see the Box Mascots in Corocoro with a tease of the starters for next months issue. It'll be interesting to see if they release a trailer showcasing each new Pokémon like they did in Gen 6

I don't want customization because it is pointless and has no rewards. As for burst fusions, I hope we just stick with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem as fusion pokemon.

You are obviously not a visual person or you would realize that customization is it's own reward. Also, if you were stylish, you could ride taxis for less, so that's kind of a reward. Also, who says there couldn't be rewards in future games?

I absolutely completely totally desperately want customization back, but if it doesn't come back then I would settle for the Dexnav or a Dexnav clone returning, I guess.

That'd be really nice if they could bring Character Customization, but I ain't gonna hold my breath. I'm still hoping for it though.

Why haven't they let us decorate our room at home? It is a bit like a secret base, but it is your own private space. You can change the wallpaper, maybe even move furniture around, buy new furniture.
This is starting to sound like Sims. :p
You could do that in Gold, Silver and Crystal. It wasn't really out there though since your mother had to buy the furniture for you, and most could only be received through Mystery Gift.

Why haven't they let us decorate our room at home? It is a bit like a secret base, but it is your own private space. You can change the wallpaper, maybe even move furniture around, buy new furniture.
This is starting to sound like Sims. :p

This was possible to a limited extent in the original Johto games. I did love that feature.

Put GSC on Virtual Console pls GF

Last edited:
This was possible to a limited extent in the original Johto games. I did love that feature.
Also possible to some extent in Platinum's Villa in the Resort Area.... You could buy a lot of stuff, but I don't think you could move it.... But yeah, would be cool to see that. The people visiting your house (villa) was pretty cool too.

There have been theories going around that Sun and Moon will be the Gold and Silver of this new generation like XY were Red and Blue. If so, then they could add that feature of decoration. :)

There have been theories going around that Sun and Moon will be the Gold and Silver of this new generation like XY were Red and Blue. If so, then they could add that feature of decoration. :)

Of course there were also those same theories about the games after BW. Which sort of happened... I guess, but not quite. B2W2 are only the "Gen II" to BW in a very superficial sense.

I think Game Freak just likes to overdose us with Gen I nostalgia.

Back
Top Bottom