• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Pink Butterfree (not a shiny), "Venutoise" (more of an illusion), Puka, the "Ancient Pokemon" from The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemonpolis, the Pokemon clones in Mewtwo Strikes Back, the Valencia Island Pokemon, Crystal Onix, "Snorlax Snowmen", purple Kecleon, the Fake Groudon from Jirachi: Wish Maker, the golden Sudowoodo, the list goes on.
Hold up just a moment. That's not quite what I was going for...

Lemme ask again, with a bit more clarification this time. What Pokémon are exclusive to the anime? And this time, I mean a complete change in forme, not a palette swap or literal clone.

In saying that, I'm torn on whether or not to consider the fake Groudon a Pokémon or not...

Lemme ask again, with a bit more clarification this time. What Pokémon are exclusive to the anime? And this time, I mean a complete change in forme, not a palette swap or literal clone.
Crystal Onix isn't just a palette swap, considering that it is immune to Water-type moves and weak to Fire-type ones.

Still, Ash Greninja is an unprecedented case. But it is entirely possible that the anime staff created it simply because they wanted to elevate Greninja's power, with Game Freak having other plans. Suffice to say that Ash's Pikachu has long been overpowered despite looking normal.

It is worth mentioning that only 50% and Complete Formes were given height/weight data. Ash's Greninja wasn't, much like Core and Cell.

Last edited:
So we have:
  • Crystal Onix (possible type change/IVs/signature move)
  • Thu-Fi-Zer (would make use of a Trick-or-Treat-style move to add its powers)
  • Venustoise ('Pokemon Infinite Fusion' anyone?)
  • Older straight fusions, like Ashachu, as compared to Ash-Greninja which is different (elemental or soul fusion, as opposed to just becoming something else)
Although it's always possible Game Freak might subvert expectations by not including any of the anime-style fusions in Sun/Moon. But I'm happy to wait for further news.

Due apologies for derailing this thread into a lot of anime talk...

Suffice to say that Ash's Pikachu has long been overpowered despite looking normal.
And yet he's almost always behind his rivals until the final battle between them, loses many of his battles the first time he challenges a Gym and has not come out on top of the Pokémon League at the end of each region as of this date! Anime physics don't really say much for the power of Ash's Pikachu in the games, but I will give it credit for its longtime battle experience. (Just wait for them to make an Eternal Flower Floette situation and make Ash's Pikachu a mythical Pokémon with absurd stats...)

Crystal Onix isn't just a palette swap, considering that it is immune to Water-type moves and weak to Fire-type ones.
At least _that_ is clarified. It sounds like Mega Steelix before they balanced the damn thing.

it is entirely possible that the anime staff created it simply because they wanted to elevate Greninja's power, with Game Freak having other plans.
Would you say the same about Zygarde and its variable percentages? Just curious.

So we have:
  • Crystal Onix (possible type change/IVs/signature move)
  • Thu-Fi-Zer (would make use of a Trick-or-Treat-style move to add its powers)
  • Venustoise ('Pokemon Infinite Fusion' anyone?)
  • Older straight fusions, like Ashachu, as compared to Ash-Greninja which is different (elemental or soul fusion, as opposed to just becoming something else)
Although it's always possible Game Freak might subvert expectations by not including any of the anime-style fusions in Sun/Moon. But I'm happy to wait for further news.
Thu-Fi-Zer? Oh, that fusion, you're talking about? Okay then.

Thanks for the list. That's relatively small in terms of unique stuff to external media, sans the non-shiny palette swaps. Outside of Crystal Onix, whose unique type chart somewhat reflects Desolate Land's effect (or more accurately, things like Storm Drain on a Steel type), none look(ed) like they were plausible in the games. The question remains whether or not they decided to jump the gun ahead of time in the case of Ash-Greninja...

What topic of conversation do we go to next after all that? I'm not that good at thinking of topics that haven't already been covered...

Are we able to trust any so-called 'leaks' of information, like what Smogon did? Because it goes both ways: things they talk about might be confirmed fake by news later on; but it can go the other way too, like how everyone though Hawlucha was fake during X/Y dev.

Are we able to trust any so-called 'leaks' of information, like what Smogon did? Because it goes both ways: things they talk about might be confirmed fake by news later on; but it can go the other way too, like how everyone though Hawlucha was fake during X/Y dev.

I think the leaks on Smogon are the most reliable so far, but by reliable I mean they are slightly less likely to be fake than others we've seen. We may get information as we go that supports or debunks it but as of yet, there isn't much in those leaks that makes it obviously fake except the unlikelihood of a leak being true as it is. There have been crazy leaks in the past that ended up true, but it's impossible to say as yet. I wouldn't buy into them, but they said they were going to give out more information as they go so it's worth keeping an eye on just in case. Smogon doesn't have any history of real leaks that I know of, but I don't think they have much history of fakes ones either.

I think the leaks on Smogon are the most reliable so far, but by reliable I mean they are slightly less likely to be fake than others we've seen. We may get information as we go that supports or debunks it but as of yet, there isn't much in those leaks that makes it obviously fake except the unlikelihood of a leak being true as it is. There have been crazy leaks in the past that ended up true, but it's impossible to say as yet. I wouldn't buy into them, but they said they were going to give out more information as they go so it's worth keeping an eye on just in case. Smogon doesn't have any history of real leaks that I know of, but I don't think they have much history of fakes ones either.
The real issue with all this Sun/Moon info is that it's now early April... :O

Apologies for asking questions again, but did they ever confirm that?
The official Pokemon Fan magazine said as much in November: "Look forward to seeing it in action, you won't be able to see it outside the anime!"

Sure, you could argue that Tretta, Picross and the (promo) TCG refute that claim. But those are all pretty minor.

Official? Well... I wouldn't say that RIP's Ash-Greninja's chances just yet. I'll wait on the official word from Game Freak to see if that concept will be well and truly dead by the time SM comes out. For now it's still suspect that they would refuse to comment on it when asked...

I ain't trusting anything outside of Serebii's reporting, I'm sorry. He warned people about Pokenchi, and I didn't see anybody else step up to the plate to do that. It was misinformation and mistranslation from other fan sources that caused the ruckus(other than the fans setting themselves up). Serebii is a fan site, yeah, but it has been by far the most accurate.

If it ain't on Serebii's front page or on any of the online outlets officially belonging to TPC and Game Freak, I ain't trusting it.

I ain't trusting anything outside of Serebii's reporting, I'm sorry. He warned people about Pokenchi, and I didn't see anybody else step up to the plate to do that. It was misinformation and mistranslation from other fan sources that caused the ruckus(other than the fans setting themselves up). Serebii is a fan site, yeah, but it has been by far the most accurate.

If it ain't on Serebii's front page or on any of the online outlets officially belonging to TPC and Game Freak, I ain't trusting it.

When it comes to this kind of thing I gotta agree with you. Serebii may also be a fan site, but it's by far the most accurate. And truth be told, I wouldn't trust Smogon to even mow my lawn, let alone give such "info" to news thirsty fans. So, yeah, after that Pokenchi situation, I'm only gonna believe what Serebii says now when it comes to leaks and such.

The official Pokemon Fan magazine said as much in November: "Look forward to seeing it in action, you won't be able to see it outside the anime!"

Sure, you could argue that Tretta, Picross and the (promo) TCG refute that claim. But those are all pretty minor.

Magazines like this do tend to treat minor things like this as a big deal though. A lot of minor things get treated as bigger than what they really are. It's part of marketing. This doesn't mean it will appear in a main series game.

Also, if it appears in the movies (very likely), then it would also see an appearance in the manga adaptions of the movies as well.

OK, let's me translate the "supposedly" Japanese message that the "leak source" posted on Smogon's leak article. "Hello, good man (as in sexually attractive good man). I am delivering info regarding sun and moon (note that it's not Pokemon Sun and Moon, and sun and moon were written in Kanji, not Katakana like the official would). To facilitate this process (discussion of the info), it is necessary that you meet me in person. Please don't think about this as a joke and please consider my offering. Let's meet in my home country Japan. I promise that I will give you the truth."
Also, what is the point of this ability?
Skill Protection: This ability cancels out the Mold Breaker ability and clones such as Turboblaze and Teravolt.
Rope Attack / Electrocution: Respectively, Scald for Grass-types and Electric-types. Electrocution causes burn I can understand but rope attack causes burn?
Divine Justice: A better version of Synchronize that also affects other secondary effects such as critical hits and flinches by forcing the opposing Pokémon to suffer them the turn after the user is afflicted by them. The four musketeers all get this as their hidden ability. This wording of this one is too confusing and too vague.
One more thing, why did they only reveal Mega and Zygarde? The past real leaker on Pokebeach revealed a lot about new Pokemon and that person were never this specific.

Honestly, I don't really want Ash-Greninja to be in the games. I just don't like the idea of Pokemon-Trainer fusion even if it's mostly a spiritual one. And even if they do introduce a feature like that I hope it's a branch of Mega Evolution limited to only a few Pokemon like Primal Reversion.

I wouldn't buy into them, but they said they were going to give out more information as they go so it's worth keeping an eye on just in case.

I don't think they promised to reveal any more info. You're probably thinking of this quote "The remainder of the information we've shared will be officially revealed over the course of the year" but to me it sounds like they're telling us to wait for their "leaks" to be confirmed through official sources later this year. Which will most likely not happen.

Also, what is the point of this ability?
Skill Protection: This ability cancels out the Mold Breaker ability and clones such as Turboblaze and Teravolt.

Could be useful in double/triple battles.

Rope Attack / Electrocution: Respectively, Scald for Grass-types and Electric-types. Electrocution causes burn I can understand but rope attack causes burn?

Ropes can cause burns due to friction.

Another thing that is suspicious about the Smogon leak is that the info isn't posted anywhere else only on Smogon. If it was such important news, why hasn't any other site acknowledged it?

Because the alleged leaker only contacted Smogon? As far as I remember the XY leaks posted on Pokebeach weren't acknowledged by any other fansite but they still turned out to be true. That being said I also think Smogon's leak is fake for reasons I previously stated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom