• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

^ Probably less actually, they could leak as early as the 10th or 11th, although the 12th or 13th is more common.

I, unlike many others, hope they don't release an OR/AS-style demo, because as we've seen, that'd possibly make it very easy to hackers to discover all the game's secrets weeks before it hits stores.

I hope we don't see Pokemon customization. I do like Ash-Greninja, but I just hope that if they do introduce it, they limit it to your favourite Pokemon or starters. Ash-Greninja is a bit different, but I actually like the idea of semi-fusion if you could do it with you favourite Pokemon or starters. But no more than that.

I hope we don't see Pokemon customization. I do like Ash-Greninja, but I just hope that if they do introduce it, they limit it to your favourite Pokemon or starters. Ash-Greninja is a bit different, but I actually like the idea of semi-fusion if you could do it with you favourite Pokemon or starters. But no more than that.
Nah, I'd prefer Greninja (and the other Kalos starters) to get megas instead.

Masuda danced around that question in the latest Pokenchi, so I'd say there's some merit to that theory. Plus Alain said it was comparable to a mega to begin with.

I would too. I just said that if they ever introduced the feature, that's how I'd like them to go with it. Megas are a much better method in my opinion and I'd rather have megas than any new feature any day of the week.

I meant like dressing up your Pokemon in hats, clothes, accessories. Those sort of things.

I meant like dressing up your Pokemon in hats, clothes, accessories. Those sort of things.
That seems like a nightmare. You're suggesting they allow you to put hats and ribbons on potentially 800+ Pokémon 3D models...

I guess it could work so long as none of the accessories in question conform to the body proportions of a certain Pokémon, unless they're supposed to be exclusives. Then again, you could also make it so that each Pokémon has a specific accessory tied to them... But then that means you'd have to design quite a few, at least for the most popular and/or powerful mons.

Indeed, and then it goes to the argument about why OR/AS didn't have character customization, because 'it was a Kalos thing' i.e. X/Y focuses on fashion whereas OR/AS focuses more on adventure. Now this is tricky. Why not have S/M balance the two?

Actually, speaking of what I mentioned earlier. Didn't they use to put body types and footprints as Pokédex data? Maybe that could see a resurgence if they implement what I mentioned in the last message I posted. Different body types holding different accessories. Like some sort of swirl pattern for snake-like entities, for example.

Even if you categorize accessories by body type, you would still have to program how exactly the accessories would fit the Pokemon in question, so you effectively still have 800+ Pokemon to program accessories for. Just because two Pokemon share a body type, doesn't mean their body shape will be exactly the same. Seviper has a different shape compared to that of Ekans and Arbok. Customizing Pokemon is just too ambitious of an idea for it to feasibly work. Maybe if we had a lot less Pokemon, but we don't.

We did have a sort of Pokemon customisation twice. In the Pokemon Musical in Unova you could dress up your pokemon and in the Contests in Sinnoh as well.

If they were going to have some kind of Pokémon customization feature, then they could always limit it to a specific set of Pokémon, like what they did with Amity Square. That's not a particularly exciting prospect, but I think it's probably the most that they could realistically do.

Not to sound off-putting but I wouldn't like Pokemon to appeal to schoolboy mentality and that said, I DON'T WANT to see any pokemon customizations. It would turn Pokemon into the likes of those browser kiddie games where you collect cutesy animals and dress them up. I dislike that. I would rather have more interesting rivals and trainers to beat, thanks.

While Pokemon customization would be cool, I don't think it's feasible. As stated above, you run into problems with the different types of models. They COULD have some sort of method where you drag the hat or bow or whatever and stick it onto the model yourself, but that seems like it would be more work than it's worth.

Now, more likely that I'd like to see would be Pokemon variances. Just as real dogs on the same breed can come in colors like black, brown, white, etc., why can't something like Herdier do the same? They've already kinda done this with Spinda's spots, but they could definitely extend it to different Pokemon. Even if it's just something like one Pokemon being able to come in 3-4 shades of one color, that could be interesting. If Pokemon look slightly different from one another, they seem more like creatures and less like a visual representation of data.

They could just do Pokémon customization for the starters? That's only nine Pokémon (incl. evo's), so that could be feasible. Even if it's just for the starters, I would love it.

And I would also love having more Pokémon variances, like they did with Spinda.

Just anything that makes your Pokémon look more unique would make me happy.

Back
Top Bottom