• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

The Gen VII Pokemon so far have been so varied, which is exciting. I think Pokemon is better when they include a mixture of everything. Sinnoh was good because it had Pokemon from other generations, snow mountains, lakes, beaches and oceans. And I think Alola will be really close.

What if Solgaleo and Lunaala's Radiant Sun and Full Moon Phases are actually activated by the new move mechanic?
I've actually heard that being thrown around along with P.Zygarde using Core Enforcer as his " special move"
This new mechanic is a great way to spice up various Pokémon if they use it correctly .

I think the 'special 5th move' mechanic is the best one we've had in quite some time.

Imagine a super-powered Judgement from Arceus! That would be so epic in my opinion.

I wonder what other surprises they have in store for us. Just imagine being able to play PokeGolf after sprucing up your partner Pokemon! :)

Can you say the second coming of Pokémon ? S\M preorder LINES ARE INSANE so much so that it's dwarfing YW3.
Like every news outlet has been covering GO in Japan and the game isn't even out yet!
The 20th anniversary is real and I'm loving it!

What if the new move mechanic from gen 7 can only work on certain moves and not all of them?

I've actually heard that being thrown around along with P.Zygarde using Core Enforcer as his " special move"
This new mechanic is a great way to spice up various Pokémon if they use it correctly .
That's what I was thinking as well when all we had to go on was a potential "fifth" moveslot. The games have already had form exclusive moves with Hoopa so this would be a good way to do this without having to make a Pokemon have a useless move if it changes form mid-battle.

Personally, I'm hoping the FlashyDanceMoves (trademark pending) work akin to a Limit Break. Part of the issue I had with mega evolutions is that in-game there was no reason to not use one. In some cases in VGC and Smogon Tiers there's very little reason to not have one either.

I like to see some references of older regions in Alola especially Sinnoh ones. Maybe there be a reference to future games?

Personally, I'm hoping the FlashyDanceMoves (trademark pending) work akin to a Limit Break. Part of the issue I had with mega evolutions is that in-game there was no reason to not use one. In some cases in VGC and Smogon Tiers there's very little reason to not have one either.
How exactly do Limit Breaks work in FF?

How exactly do Limit Breaks work in FF?

Limit Breaks usually rely on the damage the player takes in some way, but the gameplay mechanics used vary between games. In some games the player takes damage to fill up a power meter (like in Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X), or the attacks become available in HP Critical status (like in Final Fantasy VI or Final Fantasy VIII). However, this is not universal, and some games use different systems. Though their appearance, use and naming has varied, the concept of Limit Breaks has become a series staple.

Basically, to borrow from GO, have a meter that builds up over battles based on damage dealt and taken. That way you don't have to worry about it when fighting random battles but it can be a helpful move to pull out in boss battles.

Really, I'll take anything that has an action economy cost to it, unlike Mega Evolutions. MEs were fine, but after a while I got tired of using them.

Back
Top Bottom