• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

geez, you can increase IVs now? I'm not really sure how I feel about this...breeding since gen VI has already been easy enough, do we really need to decrease the value of putting actual effort into breeding competitive mons even more? Now don't get me wrong, VI's breeding system improvement was totally necessary, but this...this is going a bit too far. Oh well, at least I can fix up my low IV shiny mons and whatnot.

I think it's less about decreasing the value of putting effort into breading competitive Pokemon and more like making IVs more accessible for casual players. The sixth generation did make it easier to do IV breeding, but it's still more time consuming and intimidating for a lot of people. I think it works because people won't have to give up on a Pokemon they really like and try to breed a more competitive Pokemon. Making features like that easier for everyone to use is a good approach in my opinion.

I don't think it's gonna be an ideal solution because you still need a level 100 Pokemon and however many Bottle Caps (and we don't know how you earn them). Which is probably going to be a fair time investment. So breeding is probably still going to be a thing lots of people will do. But it's another option for those who want it, so I can't complain... and probably shouldn't complain until we know the ins-and-outs of how we can earn these Bottle Caps.

I think it's less about decreasing the value of putting effort into breading competitive Pokemon and more like making IVs more accessible for casual players. The sixth generation did make it easier to do IV breeding, but it's still more time consuming and intimidating for a lot of people. I think it works because people won't have to give up on a Pokemon they really like and try to breed a more competitive Pokemon. Making features like that easier for everyone to use is a good approach in my opinion.
well, I did miss the part about it only working on lv. 100 mons, so I guess it's a fair trade off in that case. And magearna holding one gives me the feeling that bottle caps are rather rare. Maybe they come in bronze, silver, and gold varieties.

On the topic on new Pokémon I would really like to see a Gigantopithecus Pokémon .
It could be know as the 'Link" Pokémon due to the creature being know as the missing link between humans and apes.
Its ability could be adaptability since apes themselves are really intelligent animals, while its typing would be Rock\Fighting since it'd probably be a fossil Mon.
It could look like King Louie from the 2016 JB film but have the fun loving persona of his 1967 incarnation to give it more charm.

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-19_13-29-4.png
    upload_2016-7-19_13-29-4.png
    107 KB · Views: 35
What a surprise I got to see new pokemon. I thought we got a decent amount already but I appreciate some new pokemon. I really like that Ground type pokemon.

I love the new pokemon. I love Hyper Training. A way to increase IVs is great! But... on level 100 pokemon only? Kinda lame.

Speaking of Bottle Caps, doesn't James collect them? If so, the poor guy's gonna have to let go of more of his collection if he still has any left. Once Jesse finds out about Hyper Training... she will probably want in on it.

I love the new pokemon. I love Hyper Training. A way to increase IVs is great! But... on level 100 pokemon only? Kinda lame.

Speaking of Bottle Caps, doesn't James collect them? If so, the poor guy's gonna have to let go of more of his collection if he still has any left. Once Jesse finds out about Hyper Training... she will probably want in on it.

Not unless TRio set up a fake Hyper Training gym in order to steal Pokemon, like they've done with fake gyms in the past. Then he can gather as many bottle caps as he wants! ^_^

Watch Hidden Power be a random type every time...
IV Training being a thing is fine by me. I can understand if people get frustrated over having spent -- in some cases -- days breeding to get their perfect IV Pokémon only to have that become meaningless in SM, but I like this new feature. Even XY/ORAS took too long to breed for me (though I did get a perfect Breloom and Chandelure out of it).
James is going to be thrilled, for sure. I could even see one of those sincere TRio moments happening where Jessie and Meowth are taking Bottle Caps to use for Training and they're just in it for the Pokémon, but James wants to properly train those Pokémon to return the favor people did by giving him those bottle caps.

I just have a new theory. What if Core Enforcer is the trigger to Complete Forme. Knowing Core Enforcer change Zygarde ability to Power Structure, and forgetting it change it back to Aura Break.

James is going to be thrilled, for sure. I could even see one of those sincere TRio moments happening where Jessie and Meowth are taking Bottle Caps to use for Training and they're just in it for the Pokémon, but James wants to properly train those Pokémon to return the favor people did by giving him those bottle caps.

I have to admit I love that idea. It would be just like James to do something like that. Even when he's sinister, he still has the best heart of the trio. Great, now I want this to happen in the anime. Please, writers, make it happen. I want to see James in another heartwarming moment like that.

Ahem, moving on, I also agree that Hidden Power needs to be revamped, or at least give it the Fairy-type addition. At least it's no longer variable damage, now having a set BP, which helps, but still, it needs some more fine-tuning. Maybe now with this Hyper Training it'll give GF the opportunity to renovate it some more, seeing how they missed a big chance when Fairy was first introduced. We shall see.

So from what I'm getting about the PGL, will it be like the transition between Gen 5 and 6, where almost all your data was gone and you had to start from scratch?

So I've missed quite a bit of news the last two weeks and lord, GF did some news dropping while I had little net access. I love how randomly they decide to drop trailers on us out of nowhere with all these new features and Pokemon. So many great new Pokemon, though. Gen VII continues to deliver.

I've a theory that the bottle caps are type-enhancing items.

So the Silver Bottle Cap Magearna is holding is for her Steel-typing? :)

And that there the different Bottle Caps are named after colors for the different types like red is for fire and blue for water?

That doesn't make sense given what we know so far. The site explicitly states that bottle caps are given to Mr. Hyper in exchange for Hyper Training, a feature that increases the "individual strengths" (presumably IVs) of Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom