• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I really like to see Pokemon's 20 years of history being really shown in Alola. Maybe some history tales of the lake trio or maybe a rumor about Bill, just to give some examples.

I require some sweet, sweet lore. I'd love little optional things like reading about myths or other interesting things in books or in classrooms or something.

Pokemon could use some interesting side quests. Nothing people have to do but could provide some cool world information, seeing rare pokemon, or stuff like that.

I've been thinking a lot about Sun and Moon, especially since Go STILL isn't available in my country... :(

Basically, to borrow from GO, have a meter that builds up over battles based on damage dealt and taken. That way you don't have to worry about it when fighting random battles but it can be a helpful move to pull out in boss battles.

Really, I'll take anything that has an action economy cost to it, unlike Mega Evolutions. MEs were fine, but after a while I got tired of using them.
This this this. Mega Evolution was broken from the start once it was revealed that it was a simple tap of a button. If it had an actual mechanic that required it's unlocking or further Amie integration for battles that helped build up a climax in Mega Evolution it would have been much better. Considering how you need to activate the move by doing a Stand(ORAORAORAORA), I can easily see them having the move becoming available after a certain amount of damage taken along with battle synergy. I explained this earlier, I think the visible stat changes and move effectiveness is mostly brought about from the Giga Moves. You need to know this info and have it tracked easily so you can know when and why it's activated. Otherwise it would be a crap shoot for most people.
I really like to see Pokemon's 20 years of history being really shown in Alola. Maybe some history tales of the lake trio or maybe a rumor about Bill, just to give some examples.
They really need to go all out imo for this department. RGBY BC Pokemon should get something interesting, they should have lots of cameos in the game, and most importantly borrow gameplay from all the different games in the series.

Awesome! I hope we see more footage from the other islands and towns.

Awesome! I hope we see more footage from the other islands and towns.
I'm really shocked at all this news we're getting. Granted something tells me it might all just the English version of that JP trailer we got a week ago but with additional details

Some new Pokemon. I'm so down for catching the horse, Mudsdale. And of course, several people called it, there's a fairy type Lei Pokemon.

Okay, before we get all excited about IV maxouts... BOTTLE CAPS? What makes them so special and how rare are they?

Oh lovely. Now Pokemon gets to join Zelda in having three confusing timelines XD

Honestly, it would not surprise me if this was inspired in part by Fallout, though bottle cap collecting is a legitimate hobby.

Oh lovely. Now Pokemon gets to join Zelda in having three confusing timelines XD

Honestly, it would not surprise me if this was inspired in part by Fallout, though bottle cap collecting is a legitimate hobby.
I think we've been past the timelines thing with ORAS. For all we know there may be infinite.

That's all fair, yet I still don't understand how bottle caps can make Pokemon stronger unless they're some sort of magical item...

I think we've been past the timelines thing with ORAS. For all we know there may be infinite.

That's all fair, yet I still don't understand how bottle caps can make Pokemon stronger unless they're some sort of magical item...
Well, it's not the bottle caps themselves. It's the dude who has an obsession with they. The guy with the really unfortunate name.

Well, it's not the bottle caps themselves. It's the dude who has an obsession with they. The guy with the really unfortunate name.
Oh, so he's a collector who trains Pokemon in exchange for the things he collects. That concept has been used too much tbh, I'm fed up of it. Mushrooms, Heart Scales, Shards...

Oh, so he's a collector who trains Pokemon in exchange for the things he collects. That concept has been used too much tbh, I'm fed up of it. Mushrooms, Heart Scales, Shards...
Do you ever wonder what these guys do with these things? Are they just avid collectors who have nothing better to do than to admire their collection and train pokemon?

Do you ever wonder what these guys do with these things? Are they just avid collectors who have nothing better to do than to admire their collection and train pokemon?
I haven't thought too much about it, would like to believe it's just that. Else there's something special going on with these items.

Although the Mushroom guy may be eating them (if they're not poisonous) xD

geez, you can increase IVs now? I'm not really sure how I feel about this...breeding since gen VI has already been easy enough, do we really need to decrease the value of putting actual effort into breeding competitive mons even more? Now don't get me wrong, VI's breeding system improvement was totally necessary, but this...this is going a bit too far. Oh well, at least I can fix up my low IV shiny mons and whatnot.

Edit: deleted the rest of this post cause I meant to post this on the new mon thread but accidentally clicked the wrong link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom