• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I am surprised by how much that Ground horse pokemon weighs. I wonder if it is a slow pokemon because pokemon with alot of weight tend to be slow.

It's weird that so many Pokemon got new abilities. I hope some old Pokemon will get those new abilities too. I think it would be nice if some other horse Pokemon had Stamina or if Audino or something had Triage.

It's weird that so many Pokemon got new abilities. I hope some old Pokemon will get those new abilities too. I think it would be nice if some other horse Pokemon had Stamina or if Audino or something had Triage.

That would mean it loses an ability it already has, unless you're talking about adding a fourth ability slot?

They've pretty much backed themselves into a corner on this, I suspect these new abilities will remain exclusive to this and future generations.

If Mega Altaria does not get Fluffy I will be very, very cross. My nickname for it is literally "Mega Fluffy"

I would completely support some Ability retcons. Triage is what Mega Audino really deserves, not bloody Healer. And really, while I like the concept of Mega Evolution, this would be a great and much simpler way to revitalize some older Pokémon and give them some new strategies to work with.

Can't say anything about that. The only predecessor for ability retcon was the Litwick line, and that was a hidden ability, and on top of that, it was to nerf, not to buff. I do hope that some Megas do get retcon for abilities too. But I just suddenly remember these texts from the official website when they explained new abilities.

Can't say anything about that. The only predecessor for ability retcon was the Litwick line, and that was a hidden ability, and on top of that, it was to nerf, not to buff. I do hope that some Megas do get retcon for abilities too. But I just suddenly remember these texts from the official website when they explained new abilities.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't think they will actually do it. I would just really like it if they did.

Can't say anything about that. The only predecessor for ability retcon was the Litwick line, and that was a hidden ability, and on top of that, it was to nerf, not to buff.
The Venipede line got Speed Boost instead of Quick Feet, which was definitely a buff. Also, some Pokemon still lack secondary abilities.

You know, with all the influx of new abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if all Pokemon got a second Hidden Ability.

You know, with all the influx of new abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if all Pokemon got a second Hidden Ability.
This seems the best way to give old Pokemon new abilities. I really hope that they do give some Pokemon new abilities who really need them.

I am surprised by how much that Ground horse pokemon weighs. I wonder if it is a slow pokemon because pokemon with alot of weight tend to be slow.

iirc the official website states that it is slow but really strong/durable.

Yes, it's 900kg, but Groudon weighs more than that. So does Mega Metagross.

I am expecting Mudslade to have high Attack and Defense, low Speed, average Special Defense and low, but higher than Speed, Special Attack.

The Dancers and Cheerleaders are the minority. The majority of players identify as normal, classic Pokemon Trainers. Not as Dancers, or Cheerleaders.

Unless Gamefreak gave us the ability to identify as whatever Trainer Class we want, it's more logical to identify everybody to the standard option, which is a classic Pokemon Trainer, no point making us all identify with something as niche as a dancer or cheerleader.
Moving over here so it doesn't clutter the Trailer & News Discussion thread.

There's one thing that I think is worth taking into consideration when thinking about the dance mechanic (aside from the ability for us to refuse using it in the first place). What are the traditions of this new Region? Is it a regular thing over there? Really, it's your choice if you want to stop using it after its first use or not, whatever it is. I honestly don't consider that one mechanic alone to change us into cheerleaders or dancers, it's just one thing that may or may not add on to our capabilities in battle and nothing more than that. One mechanic doesn't make or break our status as a Pokémon Trainer - in this case, it serves to make Alola's trainers unique amongst the rest of them because of a newfound power that has never been seen before being utilised to gain an advantage in battle... whatever it turns out to be.

I'd say a more drastic sort of change are those trainers who train Pokémon more specifically for things like Contests, because then those players are coordinators more often than they are traditional battlers. Heck, even those more focused on the Pokédex and trade a bunch. But the fact remains, they're still Pokémon Trainers.

Back
Top Bottom