• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I was just thinking, imagine if they made a new digital Pokemon like Porygon that could be transferred into an Amiibo made especially for it. So it would sort of be able to live in your Amiibo.

It totally seems like the kind of weird concept Game Freak would love. :p
It seems like they could just do that with Rotom already. They made a Rotom-dex even though Porygon should ostensibly be better suited since its an actual AI.

I have a growing collection of badges I want to keep adding to.
What's to say that the Island Challenge won't have them? I personally think something akin to that cross symbol that we saw earlier may serve as our equivalent, a pendant or something that we fill out as we complete each challenge. The only problem is that I'd like it to be a bit fancier if that is indeed the case, but what can you do?

What's to say that the Island Challenge won't have them? I personally think something akin to that cross symbol that we saw earlier may serve as our equivalent, a pendant or something that we fill out as we complete each challenge. The only problem is that I'd like it to be a bit fancier if that is indeed the case, but what can you do?
Well, the problem is that the cross symbol is used by all the trial captains we've seen thus far. One badge for the whole region, or even just one per island would make me a little sad.

Don't worry, guys. I am sure there some sort of badge system. How else would you prove that you completed the trial?

It seems like they could just do that with Rotom already. They made a Rotom-dex even though Porygon should ostensibly be better suited since its an actual AI.

I think the reason they went with Rotom over Porygon is because Rotom can change the shape of the object it's inhabiting. Whereas Porygon would just be inside a regular pokedex. (granted I'm sure it would be cool and modern too, but not as animated as Rotom dex)

It would have been cool if there had been an option to choose between a Rotom or Porygon dex.

Don't worry, guys. I am sure there some sort of badge system. How else would you prove that you completed the trial?

The Z-crystal will be the new badge imo. We'll obtain them after each trial.
GF redesigned logos of 18 types instead of designing 8 new badges.
I think they won't waste the new designs, which look perfect and are worth collecting.

d44151f0f736afc3ad521731bb19ebc4b7451212.jpg

Last edited:
I won't miss badges if they're gone, but I think we'll see some sort of recognition that we've passed the trials.

I think they won't waste the new designs, which look perfect and are worth collecting.
Well, the collection aspect is kinda already a thing considering they're making real life versions of the Z-Ring and the Z-Crystals. I dunno if obtaining them after an Island Trial is the *best* method and alternative for Badges... Surely they'd at least give your starter type's crystal earlier than most (much like when they gave out the Kanto starters' respective Mega Stones when you obtain them at Sycamore's lab), otherwise depending on the order certain starters would get it earlier than others - if the Z-Crystal matched the speciality of the Trial Captain.

Well, the collection aspect is kinda already a thing considering they're making real life versions of the Z-Ring and the Z-Crystals. I dunno if obtaining them after an Island Trial is the *best* method and alternative for Badges... Surely they'd at least give your starter type's crystal earlier than most (much like when they gave out the Kanto starters' respective Mega Stones when you obtain them at Sycamore's lab), otherwise depending on the order certain starters would get it earlier than others - if the Z-Crystal matched the speciality of the Trial Captain.

Ehh..
In previous trailers, we can find totem pole with Z-ring pattern on it behind the totem Pokemon.
And also probably Grass/Fire/Water/Electric trials are on the same island, the 2nd island.......... Not too early, not too late, also fair to all starters.
I think we can consider Z-crystal as badges with magic. Of course the magic is the enhancement of moves.
The capacity of Z-ring seems at most 7 crystals. We will be given a box to collect all Z-crystals.

Just a guess.

So I wonder which types will be on Melemele Island. We know of Normal due to Gumshoos, but who are the other three?

I wish there were more info on the trials because I'm still not convinced that there's going to be 18 of them.

Agreed, I want to know more about the trails, as I doubt there will be that many in one game. I could see 12 max (3 per island), but not anything higher than that. One could argue about Gen II doing something like that, but that had two regions in one game, while this is (most likely) only gonna be an adventure in one region. But we shall see. GF has surprised us multiple times in this Gen, so who knows how much they can cram into Poke-world's Hawaii. I harbor doubts, but we shall see. But in general I want to know more about the trials.

The four trial captains shown so far could all, maybe Sophocles, linked to the second island, Akala. 16 is for all the types bar Poison and Dark. It has been rumored that the Poison Z-Crystal you obtain from Plumeria and the Dark Z-Crystal from Guzma.

I thought that there's only 4 trails with one per island. I think that we'll get 4 Z-Crystals from each trail and find the others somewhere on the ground, and you need to explore in order to find them.

I thought that there's only 4 trails with one per island. I think that we'll get 4 Z-Crystals from each trail and find the others somewhere on the ground, and you need to explore in order to find them.
Luna, Mallow and Kiawe are all found on Akala Island. Sophocles is believed to be too, but his location is too hard to pinpoint.

Back
Top Bottom