• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

ok but lowkey neither Team Flare nor Team Galactic were about to commit genocide because "killing all/lots of/most of the world" does not constitute genocide in and of itself.

Probably doesn't mean much, but does this make anyone suspicious?
View: https://twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/769184681313132549

That does make me just a little bit suspicious, especially if the evolution reveal is coming soon.

Honestly that wink at the end is the most suspicious part lol

If it were without a wink, I'd see it as just a regular tweet asking for fans' opinions. But with the wink it just makes me think they're teasing us.

This may not be terribly important, but... Can anyone translate this page as best as they can? Doing a quick Google Translate shows me at least two things - Togedemaru will come with a QR Code in the Moncolle GET series of figures so you can scan it in your Pokedex, and these games will have an official strategy guide and Pokedex as per usual. What's interesting is that, in the Japanese version of the strategy guide, at the very least, the limited edition will include a code where you can redeem three things - money (Google Translate says "money crown"), an eBook version of the guide and - the most notable of these three things - a "gold crown", the image itself looking like a bottlecap. I think we may be able to confirm that Gold bottlecaps are a thing - and on the site, it says that it pushes their stats to the limits. Please, someone verify (and confirm) this information!
『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』の公式攻略本が発売決定! 限定版には豪華な特典も!

This may not be terribly important, but... Can anyone translate this page as best as they can? Doing a quick Google Translate shows me at least two things - Togedemaru will come with a QR Code in the Moncolle GET series of figures so you can scan it in your Pokedex, and these games will have an official strategy guide and Pokedex as per usual. What's interesting is that, in the Japanese version of the strategy guide, at the very least, the limited edition will include a code where you can redeem three things - money (Google Translate says "money crown"), an eBook version of the guide and - the most notable of these three things - a "gold crown", the image itself looking like a bottlecap. I think we may be able to confirm that Gold bottlecaps are a thing - and on the site, it says that it pushes their stats to the limits. Please, someone verify (and confirm) this information!
The picture below pretty much confirms it. It shows a before and after state of the IV stats. The second picture is after the gold bottlecap was used which maximized the IV stats.

Well... This is said on Serebii:

"Some distributions have been announced for Pokémon Sun & Moon in Japan. First, with the Pokémon Sun & Moon World's Fastest Capture Guide on November 28th, it will come with a special QR Code which will allow for you to easily find where Togedemaru is in the wild. It also confirmed that the special Monecolle GET figures will come with QR Codes that will let you easily find the Pokémon in the wild. Secondly, with the Pokémon Sun & Moon Official Guide Book, it has been confirmed that you will receive a serial code for a Gold Bottle Cap and confirms that the Gold Bottle Caps will boost the IVs to maximum."

What I find interesting is that there's also figures of Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio which'll have QR codes as well. We'll be able to see them in the wild? There's also Charizard, Snorlax, Garchomp, Lucario, Luxio(?), and Magmortar. I don't think Luxio(?) and Magmortar have appeared in Sun/Moon stuff until now.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I'm referring to this: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/moncolle_get/images/collectable_img_pc.png

EDIT 2: After looking at the one behind the words and comparing to Luxio, it doesn't look like one... New Pokemon maybe? Could just be Luxio though, it's not that easy to see, but I'd imagine we'd be able to see one of its ears there.

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that there's also figures of Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio which'll have QR codes as well. We'll be able to see them in the wild? There's also Charizard, Snorlax, Garchomp, Lucario, Luxio(?), and Magmortar. I don't think Luxio(?) and Magmortar have appeared in Sun/Moon stuff until now.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I'm referring to this: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/moncolle_get/images/collectable_img_pc.png
For QR codes, I think it's likely that they'll just be able to register the Pokemon as "seen" in the Pokedex, with the Rotom Pokedex being able to actually track down the specific Pokemon you want with the data it gains from having seen the Pokemon at least once. I dunno, that's how I think it'll work out, as I don't see the starters being put in the wild.

And as for that image... It is hard to tell, but I think you're right on Luxio there. We can't say anything just yet on it and Magmortar or their families being in the wild since Moncolle GET is just a new version of the existing figures (the likes of which included Mega Stones last Generation), but if they do appear in Alola itself, this should be a very interesting prospect. (inb4moncolleconspiracy)

It says that the Official Guide is to be released November 18th the same day as the games are out.

I think that the Official Guide is separate from the games and you to pre-order it. If Magmortar is in the wild, he'll probably be located in the volcano, maybe some secret area that will be blocked and later opened during the post game.

I think that the Official Guide is separate from the games and you to pre-order it.
That's how it usually goes in English, yeah. Basically it's the Japanese equivalent to the Prima Games guides we get over here, and I wouldn't be surprised if the English ones went with or without these rewards.

Most of the QR codes would probably be for legendary/mythical giveaways no doubt. Some might be for hard to find pokemon in Sun and Moon.

I like QR codes. I can find those online and scan them easily and take part in whatever they're meant for. Quick and easy- as an event/giveaway SHOULD be!

Not a limited number of codes you can only get by going to certain locations. Where you have to hope you're lucky and the Gamestop you're going to doesn't just hand out a ton of codes to whomever asks for them so by the time you get there 'oh, sorry we're fresh out'. Something you can just keep for an indefinite period of time. That way, someone who picks up a game months later than everyone else doesn't miss out on that event/legendary that everyone else got because they could afford to get the game the day it came out. Or allowing people to experience an event they otherwise would have missed because they didn't happen to be looking up pokemon news for a period of time and missed the limited announcement that an event was happening. Or, allowing people who replay the the game to experience the events easily and not be once-and-done events you can only really experience the first time around since they're no longer available.

TL;DR: USE QR CODES FOR EVENTS PLZ THAT WAY WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE ACCESS TO EVENTS/RELEASES SO LONG AS WE'RE ABLE TO SCAN THAT QR CODE.

Back
Top Bottom