• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia - ENDGAME - Commodus's Reign - MAFIA VICTORY

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs mafia

I'm proud of myself for being right on all my town reads despite subbing in and having very limited info. Sad I couldn't find Zexy there but I really didn't see a world where it wasn't a diff check between Mint and Zexy.

Maybe should've gone for space first but thought that there was only one in space Jamie and wasn't sure which

Blah sorry I didn't find you Zexy

Happy I found you Mint. GGs mafia.

ggs, I was suspected all game so that's a big L to me. Thanks @JamieIsBored ! You seriously carried us to victory.

1. What did you think of the game? Did you enjoy it?

i was not nearly as active as i would have liked, which sucks, and i was stressed by missing so many pages each day and yeah i did not enjoy Zexy getting on my case but. it was still a cool game. and i kinda liked that i got commodus, ngl. yes i have shit taste

2. What did you think of name claims being hidden and revealed until death?

was maybe less relevant to me as scum, but i think it was a neat little detail.

3. What did you think of the balance of the game?

i'm so bad at balancing, but town seemed a bit underpowered.

4. Is there anything else you feel I could have or should have done?

can't think of anything, thanks for hosting!

ggs, I was suspected all game so that's a big L to me. Thanks @JamieIsBored ! You seriously carried us to victory.

i was not nearly as active as i would have liked, which sucks, and i was stressed by missing so many pages each day and yeah i did not enjoy Zexy getting on my case but. it was still a cool game. and i kinda liked that i got commodus, ngl. yes i have shit taste

was maybe less relevant to me as scum, but i think it was a neat little detail.

i'm so bad at balancing, but town seemed a bit underpowered.

can't think of anything, thanks for hosting!
Thank you!

What did you think of the Ft? (If you read it?)

Good game everyone!

I vanillised Ex D1 due to also being role cop, I wanted to fully see what he actually was. Turns out it worked though due to him being a self-milleriser.

1. Yeah, I had a lot of fun, the game was pretty interesting all throughout.
2. It didn’t really affect me being scum, but the premise of guessing peoples names and them not knowing themselves is an interesting idea.
3. I think the real game balance was pretty decent, not making town too overpowered or making scum too overpowered.
4. Nope, you did really well this game!

Thank you for hosting!

Gg Mafia and thanks for hosting @HumanDawn.

1. I liked it, but I would say a hidden D2 self Millerizer is slightly scratching it being a bastard mechanic (debatable in the end though). Maybe pointing out that it was a hidden/self caused effect once it's activated would have been helpful, we certainly would have spent way less time running circles on this one.

2. I honestly never gave that much of a thought since Name Claims were not allowed anyway.
Given that you explicitly allowed others to guess other players chars I can imagine why you did it though.

3. Rather scum sided, but I'm no the one who should be asked questions about balancing XD

4. See section 1 :)

1. I liked it, but I would say a hidden D2 self Millerizer is slightly scratching it being a bastard mechanic (debatable in the end though). Maybe pointing out that it was a hidden/self caused effect once it's activated would have been helpful, we certainly would have spent way less time running circles on this one.

2. I honestly never gave that much of a thought since Name Claims were not allowed anyway.
Given that you explicitly allowed others to guess other players chars I can imagine why you did it though.

3. Rather scum sided, but I'm no the one who should be asked questions about balancing XD

4. See section 1 :)
ExLight was informed that he was a Miller in Day 2 because of his role.

ExLight, you are now also a Miller, making you the 1x Deathproof Miller.

This is a natural part of your role, acting as a hidden modifier placed on you before the game began. I have also sent a message to Calvin notifying him that this would occur to the player with your character.”

Miller was made active in Day 2 to prevent Day 1 Miller claims, which ruins the point of a Miller. I was correct in doing this because Miller claims were asked for in Day 1. Jinjo using her role on ExLight N1 was optimal play, as this was the only phase that ExLight would flip Town as when investigated unless he was Vanillized by JamieIsBored.

ExLight was informed that he was a Miller in Day 2 because of his role.

This is a natural part of your role, acting as a hidden modifier placed on you before the game began. I have also sent a message to Calvin notifying him that this would occur to the player with your character.
In that case ignore what I've said, my bad :notworthy:
Miller was made active in Day 2 to prevent Day 1 Miller claims, which ruins the point of a Miller. I was correct in doing this because Miller claims were asked for in Day 1. Jinjo using her role on ExLight N1 was optimal play, as this was the only phase that ExLight would flip Town as when investigated unless he was Vanillized by JamieIsBored.
Ooooh, I see what you did there XD
Kudos Sir, that was indeed a nice plot (and somewhat fits the topic of roman plottings).

So it didn't even make sense to discuss a millerizer in the first place :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Was Ex not allowed to claim that?

@ExLight
tumblr_mjzkb3qRfA1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

;)

5. What did you think of the flavor text? (If you read it)
1. Actually yes, somehow.

2. Good idea.

3. I need to think of this some more tbh.

4. Way too many things, don't even get me started

5. It was cool.

... Ex voting me because somehow he thought Space/Jamie was never a thing wow. We also wasted too much time arguing over a Milleriser which was a bastard hidden modifier :( Had we known that Jamie might have been suspected more...

More thoughts soon.

Miller itself has subjectively bastard elements as it gives fake information to alignment checks.

This was not even a hidden Miller like how some hosts handle it in never revealing it and keeping it active; ExLight was not a Miller for two phases. Once ExLight became a Miller in Day 2, he would be informed that he became one and could claim accordingly.

why did game end if mido could've delayed a kill?
While a minuscule chance for Town to still win was possible due to Mint Elv's role, with the claim out, I have deemed that it would unnecessarily prolong the game when the outcome would stay the same.

The Mafia would figure out that the game is still ongoing because of Mint Elv’s claim and kill her accordingly. Bomb paranoia is possible, but even if they attacked Mint Elv’s target, they would have to attack it again on the next night to waste the kill for Town to even have a chance.

GGs mafia

I'm proud of myself for being right on all my town reads despite subbing in and having very limited info. Sad I couldn't find Zexy there but I really didn't see a world where it wasn't a diff check between Mint and Zexy.

Maybe should've gone for space first but thought that there was only one in space Jamie and wasn't sure which

Blah sorry I didn't find you Zexy

Happy I found you Mint. GGs mafia.
No hard feelings, so many of us had a terrible game, it was not just you. Jinjo did not help much either before you.

This is a natural part of your role, acting as a hidden modifier placed on you before the game began. I have also sent a message to Calvin notifying him that this would occur to the player with your character.”
WHY DID HE NEVER CLAIM THIS :(
why did game end if mido could've delayed a kill?
I think even if that were to happen, the game would eventually be 2p, never 3p?

While a minuscule chance for Town to still win was possible due to Mint Elv's role, with the claim out, I have deemed that it would unnecessarily prolong the game when the outcome would stay the same.

The Mafia would figure out that the game is still ongoing because of Mint Elv’s claim and kill her accordingly. Bomb paranoia is possible, but even if they attacked Mint Elv’s target, they would have to attack it again on the next night to waste the kill for Town to even have a chance.
Yeah, I think host-wise, either that or a shorter night phase could do.

My only real issue setup-wise is Hidden Miller being somewhat bastard, I feel like if he was told he may become Miller later (but not necessarily when) since orignally in his role PM could help. Also balance-wise town might have been a bit weak, but it is not like mafia had super strong abilities either.

Yeah, I think host-wise, either that or a shorter night phase could do.

My only real issue setup-wise is Hidden Miller being somewhat bastard, I feel like if he was told he may become Miller later (but not necessarily when) since orignally in his role PM could help. Also balance-wise town might have been a bit weak, but it is not like mafia had super strong abilities either.
If he was told he would become a Miller later, then there would be no point to the change because he would claim that he is the Miller Day 1.

Miller as a role by itself already has subjectively bastard elements in giving fake information to the alignment check. If players are used to it and know how to counter its anti-town properties, then it loses the entire purpose of misguiding Town when it does the opposite and loses its subjective bastard elements. Bulbagarden’s Mafia meta of asking Millers to claim Day 1 has made the role act as the antithesis of its intended purpose, by giving Town a psuedo-clear instead of a potential balancing role to the Town’s alignment check.

1x RoleCop Vanillizer. During the Night Phase, you can choose a player, and by the end of the phase, that player will be informed that their role has been vanillized and roleblocked. They will become Vanilla (roleless), and will only be informed of their roleblocking if their role is being chosen to be activated in the same Night Phase. You will also learn of their role.
I'm so confused, what's the point of a roleblock + rolecop vanillizer if the player will just become vanilla lol

5. What did you think of the flavor text? (If you read it)
1. Overwhelming, but not the hosts fault. Coming home and having to catch with hundreds of posts each time is tiring, and I am aware I'm part of the problem because I try to reply individually to posts that catch my attention, also adding more posts to it.
I feel bad for screwing up, specially after realizing it was because I overlooked crucial information that was the foundation for my reads.

2. It was fine, made accidental flavor hinting a lot harder. It breaks a bit of game immersion, though. My role PM's image still doesn't work, lol.

3. Town felt a bit underwhelming. Our roles were very limited (delayed cop, doctor that doesn't stop the kill, tracker that doesn't see death, etc). Miller and Godfather for a setup so small and with a delayed cop was unnecessary, by the time their check goes through there's an at least 33.33% chance of the result being a fake one if both the miller and the godfather are alive, which is unnecessary. I think the setup being a bit ambiguous like gifter for mafia was fine, bulba currently has a bad habit of trying to rolesolve everything and it definitely felt like a slap in the wrist. Jamie's slot could've definitely been something else, though.
A bit sad it was not centered around the gladiator role despite a ton of (but def not enough) vote related stuff .

4. Well, obviously learning how to read information I'm given. I was going to reread the thread D3 but it got shortened, one of my main regrets was not asking people to not shorten it but I figured people were a bit burned out due to the game being a bit on the slower side mechanically so I just shrugged it off. I don't think it would've mattered because me being a dumbass always excluded Jamie/Space pairing, so even though I could be swayed into one of them I'd never follow up on the other.

5. The parts I did read were entertaining and fun.

Thanks for hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom