• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GSC sucked, and if you played it, you know it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, glad we finally got this unlocked again. And now we have our own section.

I have a home now!

I dont understand the points as they exist just about Every Pokemon Game. i dont get how it was rushed, as if it was, it would be full of glitches (like in sonic 360 or a prerelease beta test game). And the reason the levels are so low is because they are trying to make it easy and then you always must take into account type disatvantages on both ends.

I dont understand the points as they exist just about Every Pokemon Game. i dont get how it was rushed, as if it was, it would be full of glitches (like in sonic 360 or a prerelease beta test game). And the reason the levels are so low is because they are trying to make it easy and then you always must take into account type disatvantages on both ends.

But then why is GS the only game made to be easy?

But then why is GS the only game made to be easy?

It was probably an attempt to make it slightly easier than RBY, and they overshot it. Considering that RSE, FRLG, and DPPt were all about the same difficulty, it looks like the first two generations were spent looking for the sweet spot.

Quick note: Red really wasn't that hard to beat. I did it with all my Pokemon at level 44.

Quick note: Red really wasn't that hard to beat. I did it with all my Pokemon at level 44.

ORLY?? And I was excited because I beat him at level 50 </3
BTW his Snorlax and Espeon were way too hard -the others were easy, but those two...

Yes it is! And they re-opened this thread! Yay!!!

So sad it's too late, my "GS didn't sucked that much post according to innovations by generation" post that I intended to put here has already been posted on another thread and I don't want to be redundant T_T ... or should I repost it so we can go on discussing on that?

lol

Err, re-post it here, or give me a link so everyone can read it, I probably missed it :/

...... I had pokemon in the 60's and couldn't beat Red.
Red was DIFFICULT.

..and GSC were the easiest Pokemon games evar.
The levels are so low, and its really not challenging imo.

RS had low levels, but it was also a bit harder to level up; which balanced it out.

lol

Err, re-post it here, or give me a link so everyone can read it, I probably missed it :/

OK, here we go! Self-quote mode: on!

Someone here said GenerationII was the one with the least amount of new features brought to the franchise, but I think that's not true, so I'll make a comparison (of course, I'll only take on account relevant improvements):

Gen II introduced:
1. Gender and breeding (put them together since they have one single purpose)
2. Dark and Steel types
3. Berries and held items
4. Special Balls
5. Real-time clock
6. Battle facilities (tough it was until Crystal)
7. Special stat split
8. Move tutors (Crystal also)

Gen III introduced:
1. Natures
2. Abilities
3. EV's
4. Contests
5. Double Battles
6. Gym rematches (in Emerald)
7. Battle Frontier

Gen IV introduced:
1. Online gaming (and still, that was already done in Japanese Crystal even if in a much simpler way)
2. Special/Physical move categories being autonomous to their elemental type
3. The Undergreound
4. ...Dawn

See? Generation II introduced as many gameplay features as Gen III, and much more than Gen IV.

Thanks. I needed to spit that; now we can go on.

Well, You left out Super contest, but otherwise spot on.

Since GS introduced most of the features in modern Main Series game play, it is verry important

GSC pretty much introduced modern Pokemon games with the new features! I haven't played it, but I'll bet it rocked.:nono:

Well, You left out Super contest, but otherwise spot on.

Since GS introduced most of the features in modern Main Series game play, it is verry important

But Super Contests were an imprvement of an already existing feature, not a new one. Anyways, even granting it and addinf that to the account is still far too litle in comparison to what Gen II did for the franchise.
Well, Gen IV gave us Dawn <3

Okay OP, your points are well thought-out and I see and respect the merit in there.

But let's face it; the only reason everyone is so hooked on these remakes is because they have such fond memories playing the originals that they don't really notice these flaws in their warm and fuzzy memories.

Okay OP, your points are well thought-out and I see and respect the merit in there.

But let's face it; the only reason everyone is so hooked on these remakes is because they have such fond memories playing the originals that they don't really notice these flaws in their warm and fuzzy memories.
Yep, that's pretty much what I've been saying.

I do have to agree. I love my silver with all my heart and soul :)banghead:) but when I started playing a new one, I remembered some of the negatives about it. However, has anyone noticed how fast your character is in those games?

Maybe that's why people love it, because it's Pokemon '2'. It sill has the original, nostalgic feeling of RBY but it's an improved game with more Pokemon and features.

While some of your complaints are valid, the game did not suck....at all. I don't understand what you want them to do to, it's a REMAKE. They can easily revamp the levels and add new Pokemo here and there but it seems like you want an entire new game which this isn't meant to be.

I mostly agree with the underleveling and the Kanto Pokemon.

The Gym Leaders have the perfect setup, but then all their signature Pokemon were Kanto-

Falkner- Pidgey/Pidgeotto instead of Hoothoot/Noctowl or any other flyer
Bugsy- Freaking Metapod over Spinarak/Ledyba/Yanma/ etc. and Scyther instead of Scizor or Heracross
Morty- Uses the entire Gastly line over Misdreavous...
Chuck- Poliwrath instead of Hitmontop
Pryce- Dewgong over Sneasel

Including Koga and Will to an extent

Last edited:
OK, here we go! Self-quote mode: on!
Ehh, you know EV's were always in the game. Even in the first generation. People just started to notice more and it leaked out to everyone through the internet and stuff around Gen 3.

EVs as we know them didn't exist in the first two generations. Back then there was a similar system called stat experience. The biggest difference between stat experience and EVs that I'm aware of is that you could max out the stat exp. on each stat. That's because there was no equivalent to the 510 EV cap. Because of that, it wasn't very important to pay attention to stat exp. like it is with EVs, unless you hadn't maxed it all out yet, in which case you could just use the box trick to fix it.

Last edited:
Ehh, you know EV's were always in the game. Even in the first generation. People just started to notice more and it leaked out to everyone through the internet and stuff around Gen 3.

You're right, but you couldn't control them until Gen 3, that's when they became a gameplay strategy element instead of a random range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom