• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons)/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Re: Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Bumping cause why the hell not.

Story of Seasons is releasing roughly in a month or so in the US, and I think it looks amazing I usually never get amped for Harvest Moons games as much as I do Rune Factory games either. But this one I really want, it looks like the perfect successor to A New Beginning which I did thoroughly enjoy. Anyone else excited for it?

I'm personally looking forward to customization coming back (yay for wearing glasses!), the wildlife safari, the Mario themed crops (the super mushroom, the fire flower, and the invincibility star), the trade depot, sewing workshop, and most of all the wifi and street pass features. The new street pass features allow people you street pass with to become characters in your game, while the new wifi features let you tend to another player's crops and animals along with trading items which is an improvement on ANB's wifi system imo.

I also love the bachelors/bachelorettes equally so far. So I really can't wait for this game to come out in March.

Other than that I've been playing a lot of RF4 lately, and just recently completed the first arc. I think I'll marry Xiao Pai since I'm playing as a male, her clumsiness is cute.

How is Rune Factory 4? As I do not have a 3DS yet, I've only played 1, 2 ,and 3.

How is Rune Factory 4? As I do not have a 3DS yet, I've only played 1, 2 ,and 3.

It's one game I'm definitely glad I bought for my 3DS. As usual you have amnesia, but the way they've implemented it this time around is actually pretty amusing. In my opinion RF4 still retains the zaniness RF3 has. And there's plenty to do in the game farm, explore, fight, forge, level up your skills, participate in festivals, and date (or build a harem). Definitely worth getting if you plan on getting a 3DS.

Okay, glad to know that one is good. What is the best regular Harvest Moon game for 3DS?

Okay, glad to know that one is good. What is the best regular Harvest Moon game for 3DS?

I think the best one is A New Beginning. You get to customize everything down to where you want someone to live in town. All of the bachelor stories were really interesting and Ive only got through one of the girls story so far but it was great as well. The story goals were challenging without being ridiculous and the muliplayer was surprisingly fun if you could get others to join your room. Tale of Two Towns was also really fun but it got really tedious to walk between the towns to get to the different shops. If you REALLY like Minecraft you might slightly enjoy The Lost Valley.

I'm crazy excited for Story of Seasons! The customization looks great in this one. I think I've seen some screen shots that show you getting to pick whether you have an eastern or western style wedding. There is also usually at lest one marriage candidate that I dont like but so far all of them look awesome! My first playthrough marriage will probably be Klaus. Also is it just me or do all of the marriage candidates look older this game?

I was planning to get A New Beginning. Lately I've been playing the GBA games more. Still a lot of fun.

For Rune Factory, I like 3 a lot. The town has a better set up, and I get to live in a cool treehouse.

I think the best one is A New Beginning. You get to customize everything down to where you want someone to live in town. All of the bachelor stories were really interesting and Ive only got through one of the girls story so far but it was great as well. The story goals were challenging without being ridiculous and the muliplayer was surprisingly fun if you could get others to join your room. Tale of Two Towns was also really fun but it got really tedious to walk between the towns to get to the different shops. If you REALLY like Minecraft you might slightly enjoy The Lost Valley.

I second A New Beginning personally, or if your up for waiting I say get Story of Seasons. It looks like it'll be the spiritual successor to A New Beginning.

I'm crazy excited for Story of Seasons! The customization looks great in this one. I think I've seen some screen shots that show you getting to pick whether you have an eastern or western style wedding. There is also usually at lest one marriage candidate that I dont like but so far all of them look awesome! My first playthrough marriage will probably be Klaus. Also is it just me or do all of the marriage candidates look older this game?

Same here, it's the first time I've actually been excited about an HM game. But overall I think it's gorgeous! And I love the fact you can pick what kind of wedding you want. I think it's a nice touch personally. Definitely agree about the marriage candidates though, they all look good. Though they do look slightly older Fritz, Mistel, and maybe Elise look like the only baby faced ones to me.

I was planning to get A New Beginning. Lately I've been playing the GBA games more. Still a lot of fun.

For Rune Factory, I like 3 a lot. The town has a better set up, and I get to live in a cool treehouse.

I definitely agree with that. I don't own any more of the GBA games but I would definitely replay them.

I think what made 3 for me was the characters, I found it too short story wise. :(

I actually ended up re-purchasing (used) the HMDS and HMDS Cute games. Not great, but I missed them.

I honestly can't blame you, I loved Forget Me Not Valley because Another Wonderful Life was my first Harvest Moon game. The cast is really lovable imo.

Starting re-playing HMDS Cute. I'd forgotten how fun I'd found it, and it's portable Forget-Me-Not Valley.

I loved Rune Factory 3 because of the beautiful design and the fact that it was a lot easier to play than the previous installments. The only downside was that there was no female player character option - and the male NPCs were all perfectly eligible bachelors!! D:

Yeah, I really would like to have a playable female character in Rune Factory.

Started a new play through as a boy on RF4. I ended up just going back to my girl play through because I thought the dialogue was more humorous then the boys and I have almost everything maxed out on the girl file. I wish the romance events weren't randomized. Still trying to get Dylas to start the proposal.

Started a new game for Harvest Moon DS, still fun. Wish the didn't freeze sometimes though.

Kyriaki said:
I loved Rune Factory 3 because of the beautiful design and the fact that it was a lot easier to play than the previous installments. The only downside was that there was no female player character option - and the male NPCs were all perfectly eligible bachelors!! D:

Like Gaius I imagine. :p

Though I hate that there's always one or two characters who are obviously single but can't get with. Illuminata is someone I'd definitely go for if I could.

Lylian said:
Started a new game for Harvest Moon DS, still fun. Wish the didn't freeze sometimes though.

That's irritating about the games, I remember doing 2-3 days of things and then it freezing on me. I easily lose motivation to play when that happens in any game. :/

I just need to remember to save often, so I can reload if needed. Especially if I pass out in the mine.

In either HM or RF I always save every night before I go to bed in game out of habit now. It's a easy habit to keep too since the diary is always right next to the bed.

And just recently I completed the first arc in RF4, but before I move onto the second arc I want to raise my skill levels. It was easy to avoid in RF3 with the multiplayer dungeon, but I'm kinda glad that temptation is gone in RF4.

I saw Innocent Life at a used game store yesterday, but didn't buy. Thought about it, but remembered finding it a little boring.

Can't say I've ever played a Harvest Moon game, but I've played.... a little tiny bit of Rune Factory 3 and 4. But... what I've played, I enjoyed.
I have not played them in awhile, though. I'd like to, but I'm so busy with other games.Dx

Xseed posted a "Tutorial" video for story of seasons today that was pretty cool. I guess you can pick a difficulty level now when you start which is kinda neat if you are new to the series. The best part of the video was all the romancing dialogue they showed with various marriage candidates.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom