• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

My favorite animals are dogs, so I have been satisfied with the Growlithe line. The Lillipup line is cool too, I guess.

or maybe this region's "Pikachu cousin" could be an actual rat... (I can hope since it hasn't been revealed yet)

It turned out to be more of a hamster-gerbil...oh well!

Technically, hamsters can be considered as mice. Go to Japanese Wikipedia and check... Oh well, also check "Cricetidae" on Wikipedia. Yes, Nidoran are also part-hamsters, but Dedenne is more hamster-like than Nidoran.

or maybe this region's "Pikachu cousin" could be an actual rat... (I can hope since it hasn't been revealed yet)

It turned out to be more of a hamster-gerbil...oh well!

Technically, hamsters can be considered as mice. Go to Japanese Wikipedia and check... Oh well, also check "Cricetidae" on Wikipedia.

Yep, they're all rodents, but since specifically rats are my favorite I wanted Dedenne to be one.

Yes, Nidoran are also part-hamsters, but Dedenne is more hamster-like than Nidoran.

I always thought Nidoran looked more like rabbits (+ I thought they WERE rabbits when I first played R/B).

Dedenne looks most like a vole to me (certainly not a gerbil), although the Cheek Pouch ability does instantly recall a hamster.

Nidoran...I've never seen the hamster resemblence there, sorry. :p

My favorite animal is an amoeba, and no, apparently no one cares to make an amoeba Pokémon…

^ Amoebas aren't animals, they are protists. Just saying.
To answer the question, I am impressed with many of the bird Pokémon we have. But..Chatot doesn't really remind me of a parrot. It would be really cool if there was a pegasus Pokémon!

YES. Cats. Just cats.
They are adorable and fluffy and they are everything i love, but sadly, I'm allergic to cats :c

My favorite animal is an amoeba, and no, apparently no one cares to make an amoeba Pokémon…

Reuniclus line?

I doubt Reuniclus is an amoeba. First off, amoebas (or amoebae, as it is properly called) live in water. But I'd say Reuniclus is based on a multinucliated organism, i. e. a microscopic one-celled organism with man nuclei that is rapidly dividing.

Of course! My fav animal is the panda, and they gave me first Spinda (well, not really a panda) and now Pancham and Pangoro that I love!

I already have Ponyta and Rapidash for my horse and unicorn fix! Like kyogre545, I'd love to see a Pegasus pokemon, or an expansion on more horse species like a Clydesdale (those really large, bulky work horses with the fur over their hooves) or an Arabian (pretty, speedy and medium sized). I'm always waiting for more bird-like species too even though there's a ton.

Donpahn is cool, but it's kinda generic. I still like Phanphy though! ^_^

I haven't seen an actual wolf Pokémon, the closest I've seen are Arcanine and Mightyena (and to stretch it, Lucario).

My favorite animal in the world is actually a snow leopard.
I haven't seen one of those (though Suicune sometimes makes me think it's PART snow leopard). But tbh, I don't know if I trust the Pokemon design team to make a Snow Leopard pokemon that isn't the same as every OTHER cat pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom