• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft "Mafia" - ENDGAME: YOU FACE JARRAXUS - 3/6/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Welcome to Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft "Mafia"! This will be a "mafia" game based on Blizzard Entertainment's online game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. More information here: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Wiki
The game also has elements taken from Everybody is Mafia Mafia (phase system, aliases, wincons), but since it deviates too much from the concept of mafia more than EiMM I call it "mafia" instead.

HOW TO PLAY
The game will have 9 players. Everyone starts with 30 Health and gets access to several abilities that cost Mana; for the first 9 turns, the Mana you are allowed to spend will be increasing by 1 per turn, starting from 1; from the 10th turn onwards the Mana cap is 10. In your role PM you will be given a list of abilities you can use alongside their mana cost, amount of shots left, and what they do; for abilities that ask you to pick a target you will have to choose among the following nine classes (that will also act as your roles/aliases):

Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

When someone's Health reaches 0 they get removed from the game; the game ends when only 2 players are left, with them as the winners.

WEAPONS: Some people will have weapons; those come with an Attack stat and a Durability stat listed in that order. After using the weapon ability, you equip the weapon. During your turn you may attack another player with your weapon; this will cost you 1 of the weapon's Durability and deal damage equal to its Attack at your target. When a weapon doesn't have any Durability left it breaks. You can only have one weapon equipped at a time; if you attempt to equip another the previous one will get broken.

All actions will be getting announced in order at the end of the phase (as if describing a card game's turn in detail), with aliases in place of names.

Knowledge of Hearthstone isn't required to play the game, as all that matters in-game is the mechanics explained above, and every ability you have will get a detailed explanation.

1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules always apply.
2. Phases will last 48 hours. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 2 phases. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 2 phsases, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
4. No screenshots of any conversation with the host.
5. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
6. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
7 No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
8. Phases may end sooner if people lock their submissions in a way that leads to an inevitable outcome.
9. Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is permitted. Please make sure to include us in any OC chats you may have during the game.
10. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information.
11. The most important rule. Have fun!

PLAYERS
1 @Elementar Killed Phase 10 (Endgame), Rogue
2 @Yours Truly Survived in Endgame, Warlock JARRAXUS, WON THE GAME!
3 @Midorikawa Modkilled, Warrior
4 @Ereshkigal Modkilled, Priest
5 @swarla Modkilled, Druid
6 @Garcher Modkilled, Hunter
7 @Derpghost Modkilled, Shaman
8 @Skullcrow Killed Phase 8, Mage
9 @SoaringLooker Survived in Endgame, Paladin, WON THE GAME!

SUBS
@CheffOfGames

SPECTATORS
@AussieEevee

Last edited:
I beleive I said in that Card Game Mafia I was rathe fond of watching Heartstone matches, so this has piqued my interest. Sign me up... And give me Mage, Druid or Priest pls.

Now, if you'll excuse me... *Goes to see if Crendor has put out a new Heartstone video recently*

...Wait, is this a game where we pick our classes or is it not? Because I am under the impression that we're given a random class, as indicated here:

Sign me up... And give me Mage, Druid or Priest pls.
While Mido seems to think that is we are the ones that choose what class to play as, as indicated here:

Do we send you the class now or later or what?

So, do we have to send you a class to play as or are they just randomized? Because I don't see anything in the rules about sending one in, but Mido seems to think otherwise, so... which is it?

6 days left to sign up.
2 spots left.

If I don't get enough players I'll just RNG a few classes out and announce which I tossed.

I'll play, I suppose

I like card games. Never tried heartstone but it's never too late to inprovise right?

Phase 1 start
1 @Elementar
2 @Yours Truly
3 @Midorikawa
4 @Ereshkigal
5 @swarla
6 @Garcher
7 @Derpghost
8 @Skullcrow
9 @SoaringLooker

Role PMs will start going out.

They will be in the format:

CLASS (this is also your alias)

Cost - Shots - Name (for some of them): <effect>

0-costs listed first
1 next
and so on

Win condition for everyone is to be in the final 2 people standing.

Please confirm as soon as you receive them.

It is now Phase 1. It will end in 48 hours (+35 minutes) unless all players input their actions sooner.

You can't change actions once you input them, and order matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom