• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

this VAGUELY reminds me of Shinigami Eyes (not really) in deathnote, where the main guy's girlfriend (i like her style..) basically, strikes a deal with a Shinigami (deathgod) to be able to see the lifespans of others, but because of that, her lifespan itself is cut in half.

sooo... well, I think that's a really interesting headcanon you haaave~ (how did she get martial arts skills, I wonder!?)

sooo... well, I think that's a really interesting headcanon you have~~ (how did she get martial arts skills, I wonder!?)
I was in Daiso trying to find Duel of the Fates as a shitty acapella because a really cool Lance-Agatha fight scene came to my mind

Ghosts have wells of knowledge if you take the time to speak with them. If you have secrets to defend, best to listen to time on occasion.

Orre
Any headcanons for Orre? Orre meets Hoenn perhaps?
Evil laugh

CW//Murder, mentions of prostitution

I've been thinking about Orre recently (blaming the TR Discord server for that /lh) and then I thought about writing an Orre oneshot as part of my oneshots plan for NaNoWriMo. I have really, really scattered thoughts and headcanons, so... disjointed notes incoming.

1. Orre is a... region? That's a pretty good catch-all term for areas in Oceana/the Torchicverse world, and it avoids the messy debate as to what exactly Orre is.
3. It's a very messy debate that has resulted in at least two murders.
4. Orre has a population of 275k, which cluster around small population areas surrounded by dead wastelands. Sort of like Jakku in The Force Awakens.
5. Orre is a wasteland, a wretched hive of scum and villainy (I'm hyperfixating on Star Wars, okay). Think sci-fi meets wild west. Crime is rampant, and punishment went out to buy cigarettes and never came back.
6. As a result, everyone from the backyard kids to the ladies of the night to the morally gray criminals have taken matters into their own hands to dispense justice.
7. In theory, there are laws and stuff, but in practice, authorities are few and easily bribable.
8. In more extreme cases, civil war has taken over.
9. The safest city is Phenac City, a haven with the closest thing to a government in the whole region. But when crime does happen in the city, the perpetrators usually get off without as much as a slap on the wrist.
10. In recent years, however, the Orre Republican Revolutionary Establishment (ORRE), in association with the Hinode government and the Rangers Union, has been trying to establish order of some sor(re)t.
11. Of course, this has led to some pushback from crime gangs and vigilantes alike, because of "tradition and culture" and distrust.
12. Both the Stone family and Team Rocket have minor syndicate offshoots in Orre. While not governments in the traditional sense, get on their good side and you're guaranteed to live in Orre and die of natural causes instead of murder. Get on their very good side, and your enemies will conveniently disappear.
13. Orre was originally established by criminals and debtors escaping punishment. As its reputation reached across the continent, more people flocked to its oases.
14. As a result of this, Orre is a mishmash of folktales and traditions, varying from place to place and family to family.
15. Quite prominent is the Church of the Phoenix, a somewhat organized religion with Ho-Oh as their primary deity. At the very least, they provide charity and hope to many. The Church has some similarities with Johtonese spiritual/religious practices, though it's not technically a denomination.
16. There's several theories as to why Orre doesn't naturally have wild Pokémon, though within recent years, Pokémon have been spotted wandering the deserts.
17. There's also several Pokémon-run establishments outside of Phenac City.
18. Team Cipher has been recruiting down-on-their-luck commoners and vigilante warriors alike in recent years. There's been rumors of them doing experiments on Pokémon, but so far there isn't definitive evidence of anything...
19. Pokémon training is a luxury of the elite, and casual trainers are gatekept out of what little League... expies there are.
20. Moisture farming.

Discord ramblings - Gyms
Like okay so uhhhh the Gym thing was originally a thing in Hinode regions
technically it was a carry over from Celestican Arceism
The ten heroes and all that
Later it became eight of the strongest warriors/trainers in (insert type of sovereign state here) being led by two shoguns(?)
Eventually after the Unnamed Wars of Antiquity the League became standardized as eight Gym Leaders plus the Champion. Later on, the Elite Four was added as a way to have easy access to successors (because Champions kept getting assassinated and it was easier to choose the strongest E4 member than choose one of the squabbling Gym Leaders)
Which is why Hinode regions have E4 members being battled in a set order (because the strongest one takes over in the event that the Champion... gets assassinated)
Soon the League spread past Hinode and got adopted into other regions, though in some cases certain parts got changed or didn't get adapted (for example, Galar doesn't have an E4 because Gym Leaders and Champions are more like sports figures than political figures like they are in Hinode)
In Hinode at least, there's no set order to battle the Gym Leaders, and most will scale their teams based on the number of Gym Badges a trainer has
Puzzles and Gym Trainer battles are a thing, to weed out the weak or the clout chasers
In Hinode regions, Gym Leaders are community leaders, protectors, and keepers of peace
In Kalos and Galar they're more like celebrities who also bring fame to their cities
Ah shit and then there was another war in Kanto and now I have to figure out the political landscape of not Hoenn
This has nothing to do with Gym puzzles
For some, having a Gym in your city is a sign of prestige. When Sootopolis City managed to get a gym in the major Hoenn League, it was a sign of the Hoennese government finally recognizing Sootopolis City as... more than a dump

bestows my stupid stone mafia hcs upon thee
- The Stone family came to Hoenn from the Galar region. Devon Co. was originally a small mining union founded by Devon Stone (creative I know)

- By the time Stephanus Stone inherited the company, business was in hot water, and the family was on the brink of bankruptcy

- Joe "Mysterial" Stone may or may not have made some questionable business decisions to save his brother, including making the Stone family into a bootlegging/smuggling mob and doing loan deals with Madame Boss

- Profit! The Stones are forever indebted to the Rokettos! Let's hope that doesn't mean anything for the present.

- Not plot relevant but the Stones also own hotels. Insert Duel pandering.

- Joseph Stone is named in Mysterial's brother's honor, inherits the Devon Co. because Stephanus and his progeny died under mysterious circumstances. Mysterial is the current patriarch of the Stone family.

- Steven does some morally questionable things. Also he's a hippie dead set on bankrupting Devon Co. so he doesn't have to be chained to business for his whole life. Cue Steven adopting twenty children across four spouses and paying child support with Devon funds.

- Joe Stone, Steven's cousin, thinks Steven is a dumbass cause Joe wants to take over Devon and the Stone mafia

Grusha and Iono pride headcanons
I waited a bit to post these headcanons so I could play the games and get a feel for their characters before making any headcanons, and I have come to the same conclusion that Iono and Grusha are pan and trans

iono smile.png

Grusha smile.png

Iono - Transgirl and everytime she gets a transphobic comment she becomes more trans
Grusha - transmasc, learns that he can still like feminine things and fully embraces his unique relationship with gender

iono colours.png
grusha colours.png

I really like your headcanons! You do a really good job! Do you have any Giovanni headcanons, or maybe some Professor Oak headcanons? I know Professor Oak is your favorite character of all time ever UwU

I really like your headcanons! You do a really good job! Do you have any Giovanni headcanons, or maybe some Professor Oak headcanons? I know Professor Oak is your favorite character of all time ever UwU
Okay it's taking me way too long, but have some Giovanni headcanons while I figure out Oak:

Giovanni
1. He was a bright young boy in his youth, the perfect heir to Team Rocket in Madame Boss's eyes. As he was her only child, she raised him to be the perfect successor.
2. Perhaps he wonders what led to him becoming the man he is now: a ruthless, power-hungry man who isn't above murder and other villainy. Perhaps he doesn't.
3. One thing is for sure: if he has any regrets in his life, it's not spending more time with his son Kamon (Silver's Hinodego name) before the young boy ran away at the age of 12. Giovanni was just too busy, and none of his Executives made good caretakers.
4. Despite his brutality, he has a strict code of honor that he applies to everyone equally, including himself: respect your spouse, respect your elders, respect your subordinates.
5. He's a spiritual man, believing in the Creator.
6. Perhaps he feels some guilt, wondering if he's a hypocrite in the eyes of the Creator. Perhaps he feels a need to prove his power to the Creator as well as to his mother.
7. But that doesn't matter, in his eyes. He's committed too many sins, too many crimes. He's come too far to back down. It's either all or all for nothing.
8. Mew isn't reaaaaaally the Creator? (Torchic hasn't figured out Kantonian religion the Creator is more a vague entity), but in a sense, to Giovanni, it's a symbol of power. If he can capture Mew, if he can create Mewtwo, if he can control nature itself, then surely he must have power worthy of the Creator's respect.
9. He knows very well the struggles that Kantonians face, especially those just trying to get by. He sympathizes with them, and that struggle often leads to the most desperate (and even the moderately or just slightly desperate) to joining Team Rocket. He makes sure Team Rocket is better than the salaryman jobs t Silph Co., because that's how you get people to stay.
10. He and Ariana once had a thing, resulting in Silver, but the two broke things off amicably once Giovanni took over Team Rocket, to avoid the uneven power dynamics that came with that change.
11. Giovanni didn't make the system rife with corruption, but he will take advantage of it for his own personal gain (and if it means helping out a depressed salaryman... well, that's an added bonus).
12. His coping mechanism? Tea. Can't sleep? Tea. Can't stay awake? Tea. Tea solves everything.
13. He is a Moomoo Milk Master.
14. He apparently had a twin brother... I wonder what happened to him...
15. His favourite Berries are Miracle Berries.
16. He's reportedly a big cricket fan.
17. He saved his Persian when the poor little meow meow was just a Meowth... running from a bank robbery. Meowth/Persian is guilty of over 20 accounts of armed robbery.
18. Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't like blood and stuff. He lets the Grunts and Executives deal with that.
19. He likes his coffee with just a hint of cream.
20. He likes his tea with just a bit of sugar.

Okay it's taking me way too long, but have some Giovanni headcanons while I figure out Oak:

Giovanni
1. He was a bright young boy in his youth, the perfect heir to Team Rocket in Madame Boss's eyes. As he was her only child, she raised him to be the perfect successor.
2. Perhaps he wonders what led to him becoming the man he is now: a ruthless, power-hungry man who isn't above murder and other villainy. Perhaps he doesn't.
3. One thing is for sure: if he has any regrets in his life, it's not spending more time with his son Kamon (Silver's Hinodego name) before the young boy ran away at the age of 12. Giovanni was just too busy, and none of his Executives made good caretakers.
4. Despite his brutality, he has a strict code of honor that he applies to everyone equally, including himself: respect your spouse, respect your elders, respect your subordinates.
5. He's a spiritual man, believing in the Creator.
6. Perhaps he feels some guilt, wondering if he's a hypocrite in the eyes of the Creator. Perhaps he feels a need to prove his power to the Creator as well as to his mother.
7. But that doesn't matter, in his eyes. He's committed too many sins, too many crimes. He's come too far to back down. It's either all or all for nothing.
8. Mew isn't reaaaaaally the Creator? (Torchic hasn't figured out Kantonian religion the Creator is more a vague entity), but in a sense, to Giovanni, it's a symbol of power. If he can capture Mew, if he can create Mewtwo, if he can control nature itself, then surely he must have power worthy of the Creator's respect.
9. He knows very well the struggles that Kantonians face, especially those just trying to get by. He sympathizes with them, and that struggle often leads to the most desperate (and even the moderately or just slightly desperate) to joining Team Rocket. He makes sure Team Rocket is better than the salaryman jobs t Silph Co., because that's how you get people to stay.
10. He and Ariana once had a thing, resulting in Silver, but the two broke things off amicably once Giovanni took over Team Rocket, to avoid the uneven power dynamics that came with that change.
11. Giovanni didn't make the system rife with corruption, but he will take advantage of it for his own personal gain (and if it means helping out a depressed salaryman... well, that's an added bonus).
12. His coping mechanism? Tea. Can't sleep? Tea. Can't stay awake? Tea. Tea solves everything.
13. He is a Moomoo Milk Master.
14. He apparently had a twin brother... I wonder what happened to him...
15. His favourite Berries are Miracle Berries.
16. He's reportedly a big cricket fan.
17. He saved his Persian when the poor little meow meow was just a Meowth... running from a bank robbery. Meowth/Persian is guilty of over 20 accounts of armed robbery.
18. Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't like blood and stuff. He lets the Grunts and Executives deal with that.
19. He likes his coffee with just a hint of cream.
20. He likes his tea with just a bit of sugar.
Wow! These are all so cute oh my goodness gracious thank you!!

He loves his tea thats so cute thank you... might be stealing this headcanon for myself...
Also oh my gosh his Persian is Macavity
Also also oh my gosh a Moomoo Milk Master that's a throwback
ALSO ALSO ALSO A TWIN BROTHER??????

Paldea LGBTQ+ headcanons
I have come to announce that these games are very queer

katyyyyyy.png
hassel.png
gay larry.png
rikaaaaaaaa.png
Tulip!.png
brassie.png
ryyymmmme.png

5b5.png

Tera lore
Humans have type affinities in Torchicverse. Spending a lot of type with mons of a certain type can develop an affinity. Pokémon are like that too! Spending a lot of time with mons of a certain type can influence their Tera type. Since most mons hang out with their kind/type, most tend to have the same Tera type as their regular type(s).

...Family tree??
It's been nice reading through this thread over the past few days!

May I request Geeta, Clavell, and Arven, if that's ok?

Professor profiles
Professor Samuel “Oak” Ohkido
DOB: February 1, 2925
Hometown/Region: Pallet Town
Hinodego name: Yukinari (ユキナリ)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Blood Type: B
Medical History: Hypertension
MBTI: INTP

Professor Taiki Elm
DOB: April 27, 2967
Hometown/Region: New Bark Town
Hinodego name: Taiki (タイキ)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Blood Type: O
Medical History: N/A
MBTI: INTP

Professor Dan Birch
DOB: May 6, 2966
Hometown/Region: Littleroot Town
Hinodego name: Odamaki (オダマキ)
Sexuality: Bisexual (strong lean to women)
Blood Type: A
Medical History: N/A
MBTI: ENFP

Poly asks (Wallace/Winona/Steven)

Asks from here

SabotageShipping (Wallace/Winona/Steven)​

1. Who sleeps/sits in the middle? Do they switch?
For the most part, Winona is in the middle. She likes being cuddled : ) But during bad mental health benders, Wallace sleeps in between Steven and Winona.

2. What does the bed situation look like?
u9qYnmej8IYmQTkIRIPOt1rnLm4hoAAuwHs-m0D8UmnY6bPHRquIeePYU8F6JLmytnr13dqRCLvNQdFT34wAsKTHkfCktbduOkMS43Jtmrohkj7O0EZHZn74k9h4Y3LrtxaLjliINVnRdPVuNcvRHsA

3. Who fights more about stupid things and who ends up having to break up their childish arguments?
Steven and Wallace’s biggest petty fight thing is over what colour the E Major scale is in. To Steven, it’s deep green. To Wallace, it’s gold. To Winona’s, it’s mountains, which are both deep green and gold, so stop fighting you two.

4. Which two got together first? Or did they all start dating each other at once?
Wallace and Winona got together first as “oh no they’re hot” to hookup to semi-steady relationship. Through the semi-steady relationship, they both fell for Steven and shyly asked him "OT3?"

5. Who do people usually think is the third wheel?
It varies. In college, it was a lot of Wallace!third wheel because he technically wasn’t supposed to be dating Winona and Steven, so it was easier to pass Winona and Steven off as the “monogamous” couple. At clubs, Winona often gets mistaken as their best friend or their hopeless romantic tagging along to find a date. When Wallace and Winona announced their marriage, rumors spread that Steven had a one-sided crush on Winona or Wallace, until it was revealed that actually, Steven would be marrying Wallace in Fiore and Winona in Ferrum (marriage laws in Hinode are complicated)

6. Who is the best cook? Who’s the worst cook? And who is the middle ground?
It’s pretty evenly spread out, all things considered. Winona insists on Steven making chili whenever he’s home.

7. Who has been banned from choosing the movie because they have notoriously bad taste?
…Shoot they need to watch more movies together lol.
More seriously, they take turns choosing movies. For the most part, their tastes align, and the biggest barrier is that subtitles are sometimes needed.

8. Who’s the biggest drama queen?
Wallace, hands down.

9. Who’s the most responsible?
In their own special ways, they are all responsible and not. I guess Steven is the most responsible and grounded, though?

10. Who cannot be trusted at home alone?
Circumstantial, but for various and sometimes similar reasons, they can't do long-term alone.

11. Who has to drag their partner(s) out to be social?
They’re all kind of not the best at social stuff, so they help each other out. Though Steven does need to be dragged out of caves by Wallace and Winona.

12. Who has to kill the spiders? And who refuses to even get near them?
Winona is terrified of bugs, but she insists on Steven safely getting them out of the house without killing them. Wallace, too, is scared of bugs, and Winona will hide behind him.

13. Who cries the most?
It’s pretty even, and it’s changed over the years: in college, it was Winona>Steven>Wallace. Overtime, it became Winona>Wallace>Steven, then Wallace>Winona>Steven once they started having kids.

14. Who ends up clinging to one or both of their partners in their sleep?
Wallace is very clingy at night.

15. Who’s the shortest?
Winona (5’6)

16. Who’s the tallest?
Wallace (6’0) (Steven is 5’9)

17. Who is the responsible adult at the grocery store?
None of them go to the grocery store lol. It’s a scary place (oh also it’s really awkward going to the grocery store and seeing your favourite Coordinator buying Pepto Bismol because his husband thinks you can make bismuth crystals from it somehow (also like anxiety but he’s not gonna tell you that).

18. Who acts like a child every time they go shopping?
See above

19. Who is forced to drive while the other two make out on the back seat on road trips?
Wallace needs to be in the front because of motion sickness, so Steven and Winona can make out in the back.

20. Who is banished to the back seat while the other two talk in the front on road trips?
However, sometimes Winona will sit in the front and talk to Wallace, and Steven will nap. He deserves it.

It's been nice reading through this thread over the past few days!

May I request Geeta, Clavell, and Arven, if that's ok?
I'm super late, and I still have to figure out my Arven headcanons (for some reason he's very hard to headcanon), but here's Geeta and Clavell for now! (To make up for my lateness and super lateness on Arven, I'll do all of the main four kiddos)

Geeta
1. She hails from one of the wealthiest families in Paldea. Her parents own a lot of real estate in Levincia.
2. She's the eldest of five siblings.
3. She intentionally chose Trainers who are stronger than her to serve in the Elite Four—because having an Elite Four that's a challenge is more important than having a subpar League and a strong Champion, because she has more power as a Top Champion, because she has... control issues?
4. Her philosophy is "outwit outplay outlast"
5. She was somewhat involved in Sada and Turo's expedition into Area Zero, but she... doesn't like talking about it.
6. She was very involved in the early public press surrounding the Terastal phenomenon.
7. All of her Pokémon, save Glimmora, are rental Pokémon.
8. Her type is "whatever Batman/the Joker have going on but both of the people are criminals and it's lowkey in a demisexual way"
9. She was never the best athlete. She was never the best Trainer. But she's pretty wealthy and powerful, and she knows how to use her power.
10. She uses her power to, above all else, help Paldea.
11. Something something vigilante behind the scenes something something
12. She has a love-hate relationship with Larry.
13. She doesn't want to form any deep bonds with League members; that will just get in the way of professional business.
14. The exception is Nemona, who she sees as a younger sister/mentee of sorts.
15. And vulnerability? Vulnerability is very unprofessional.
16. What matters is cultivating the strongest Trainers in the world.
17. ...Yes she has a rivalry with Leon, what of it?
18. Theoretically, she should be able to get along with other Champions because shared trauma, but she forces herself to retain a strictly professional relationship with them.
19. She hates the colour orange. Hates that little freak.
20. Ultramarine good : )

Clavell
1. He and Tyme have known each other since she was a Gym Leader and he was still studying at the academy.
2. He's been tasked with handing out starters to trainers given Sada is... somewhere in Area Zero.
3. Quaxly, Sprigatito, and Fuecoco are the official starters of Naranja Academy. Although trainers who don't attend the academy are free to choose from these starters, most are given a Pokémon from their parents.
4. ...Back to Clavell. He was a hippie in his youth. He knows what it's lie to be a youth. Just not a youth in this day and age.
5. But he tries. He tries his very best.
6. His handwriting is awful. A mess. Barely readable.
7. He does not swear around youngins. But adults? He has the mouth of a sailor.
8. "Darn it. This is a darn no good situation." "Language, Clavell."
9. His first name is Clavo. Clavo Clavell.
10. He may not know what cheugy means, but this dude can skateboard. He can... ollie? I don't actually know anything about skateboarding lingo.
11. He is very knowledgeable on caffeinated beverages. Sit down with him, bring them up, and prepare for an afternoon of him pleasantly sharing everything he knows.
12. He’s from a wealthy family, but he’s got a… complicated relationship with them. Let’s just say they aren’t the best to the rest of society.
13. He’s gay and unaware of this.
14. “I appreciate this man’s physique. I would love to kiss him.” “Clavell that’s gay.” “What?”
15. He’s also trans. Yes I took this headcanon from @Blackjack Gabbiani
16. He may not understand things at first, but he does his best to learn.
17. By extension of being friends with Tyme, he’s acquaintances with the Paldean Gym Leaders.
18. And yes they do roast him for his “how do you do fellow kids” affectionately.
19. He has a PhD in Pokémon Environmental Studies.
20. He was also involved with Sada and Turo’s Area Zero expedition. He’s just a bit more willing to talk about it than Geeta.

Back
Top Bottom